[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here was NEET playing WoW everyday from 2004 to 2010
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 22
File: 2004 - 2010.jpg (166 KB, 751x346) Image search: [Google]
2004 - 2010.jpg
166 KB, 751x346
Who else here was NEET playing WoW everyday from 2004 to 2010 like me? Best years of my life.

Or are you all a bunch of young-fags who were too young to even know what that was back then.
>>
>>28282050
Sadly the average age has plummeted to about 18 on this board. I doubt you will get many replies.
>>
>>28282050
yea, what's it to ya.
I actually remember stealing wotlk from target cus my mom said I played to many video games.
>>
>>28282050
No I was in school during BC and Wotlk.

I wouldn't be proud to be an adult and playing WoW during it's heyday. It was literal plebshit marketed to teenagers and manchildren.

Blizzard filtered down european fanstasy cliches to pure simplicity in order to market them to the masses
>>
>>28282065
I've come to realize that now. It's a bit of a weird feeling knowing that the majority of people here who will read this post were literally 5 or 6 years old when I had finished high-school and went NEET and had the time of my life in WoW.
>>
18 years old, never played wow or any online game like that in my life
>>
I am 19 and played a bit before wotlk came out up until some time during cata.
>>
>>28282105
19, didn't play WoW but played LoL but I sucked at it.
>>
If you aren't over the age of 20, You actually cannot be a robot.
>>
>>28282092
I started WoW on release when I turned 17 years old in 2004. WoW was instantly x1000 more fun than real life and I never ended up going to university until age 25 after I finally got sick of WoW.

I'd still play a vanilla server if blizzard ever makes one, but not the current game, the current game has been catered to normiefags. I miss the times where MMORPGS were actually annoying as fuck and painful...it made the end result feel so much better and it filtered out all the normie-fags.
>>
I would watch videos about it at the time as a kid but never got into it, with this whole talk of legacy servers kinda makes me wanted to be part of it
>>
Good days, the first three expansions were god-tier
>>
I'm 18, I've been on 4chan since 11 or 12, I WoW a try when I was 12, but I wasn't social enough to make any friends in it, and playing WoW completely alone gets kind boring.
>>
>>28282121
30 year old here.

I'd say it's more like 25 years of age is the cut off point.

Maybe people end up randomly changing during 20-25. I've seen fellow robots turn from shut-ins to full fledged normies during the 20-25 age bracket.....it's the 25+ who never escape.

It's still possible for a 20-25 year old to do it, 25+ is def past the point of no return though.
>>
File: 1461813522505.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461813522505.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>tfw you barely played vanilla before BC came out
The war effort was going on into 2.4 desu.... But I did sever hop when BC came out. I miss wrath though. I just want wrath back.
>>
>>28282121
Why, because I haven't had adequate time to get upset by my virginity? That's the main thing I see referenced when I see people saying things like what you just did. If that's the sole determining factor in making you a robot, you aren't actually a robot.
>>
WHO ELSE /1997/ MASTER RACE HERE FUCK THESE NERDS
>>
File: 2395902359029305.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
2395902359029305.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>tfw NOTHING will ever come close to the Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK experience
>tfw people keep saying I THINK I WANT IT BUT I DONT

STOP FUCKING TELLING ME I DONT WANT THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE BACK YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

CATACLYSM/MOP/WOD PRETTY MUCH RUINED THE ONE FUCKING THING I ENJOYED IN LIFE

Here's hoping blizzard goes ahead and releases a vanilla server.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>never grind for Crusader dailies ever again
>never grind for Battered Hilt ever again
>never grind for Raven Lord ever again
>>
>>28282203
>1997
Holy shit if you are born after 1995 you should REALLY kill yourself.
>>
>>28282214

Also

>never grind Netherwing ever again

I miss that comfy grind shit, holy fuck I wanna go back so badly.
>>
>>28282203
I'm 1997 but it's not like I'm proud of it, and you're clearly a Pepe posting, new meme loving, shitposting faggot. Thanks for making /r9k/ so lol XD so random tier.
Like this faggot >>28282180
Spamming retarded memes which have basically just hit the point of "Look at it, it's so funny because it's some random picture which is funny because we post it over and over again! We're doing internet culture!"

I'm not saying this place was ever good, but it's become irredeemably bad.
>>
>>28282186
The main reason is that the human body is still going through transformations before the age of 21. I suppose that's the cut off.
I've seen ugly 18 year olds turn into total chads by the age of 21.
>>
>>28282219
shut the fuck up grampa go tip your hat on reddit.
>>
File: 2214136-age_of_empires_user.jpg (285 KB, 793x960) Image search: [Google]
2214136-age_of_empires_user.jpg
285 KB, 793x960
>>28282203
I was literally playing on PC gaming in 1997 on Age of Empires (the original one) online on MSNGaming zone when you were born.
>>
>>28282242
You and that other 97fag are both autistic retards that give us 97fags a bad name.
>>
>>28282244
If becoming attractive negates your being a robot, you were never a robot, you were just ugly.

Anyway, I've heard of vanilla servers, and cracked service which let you play on torrented copies (I think). Is there any overlap there?
>>
>>28282242
>being insecure
>making a shitpost about disliking memes
>on fucking 4chan
SMASH THAT MF LIKE BUTTON AND GO TO HELL
>>
>>28282265
You're probably right, but fuck it, I don't really care.
>>
>>28282292
>I don't even fuggin care xDddddd #YOLO
Get the fuck off my board.
>>
File: 1461471751162.jpg (144 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1461471751162.jpg
144 KB, 750x750
>>28282242
Dude, making places terrible is what makes em funny you cuck. This has been posted since I got here in late 07. If you can't laugh at the absurdity then what is wrong with you?
>>
>>28282277
You've never met an attractive robot. Therefor being attractive negates being a robot.
>>
File: 1461511749204.jpg (35 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1461511749204.jpg
35 KB, 399x400
I quit the day before BC was released, shortly after hitting the level cap. I still remember one guy in my guild saying, "Haha, sure dude. See you tomorrow."

WoW just never clicked for me the way UO and FFXI did. I'm honestly glad I invested more time in those games over WoW. I don't understand the nostalgia for it, the game was painfully generic and was already en route to the casualization of MMOs (death penalities being almost non-existant [as opposed to FFXI's de-leveling and heavy exp loss, or UO's "holy shit I just lost everything in my backpack" system].

It might have just been because I got into it at a bad time, though. I was 18 and slowly losing interest in MMOs and video games in general.
>>
>>28282305
So I should leave because I don't care if someone calls me an autistic retard? That sure makes sense. Also, I like how you had to make a pretend strawman just to make your post.
>>
I played from the beginning and quit just before ICC in WOTLK was released. Honestly best time of my life, really miss it. The feeling of achievement completing MC, BWL, AQ40 and all that, competing with other guilds. Then becoming gladiator, doing premade groups in battlegrounds...fuck, was so much fun
>>
File: thatfeel_4.jpg (49 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel_4.jpg
49 KB, 500x419
I dropped out of highschool to play WoW. Not even joking.

I started during the school holidays after finishing Year 10 in December 2004 (Australian) By the time I was supposed to start Year 11 in Jan or Feb (forgot exact month) I was already too far into WoW to care about school. I ended up dropping out after the first week of Year 11 and just sat at home playing WoW for the next few years non-stop.

I know I fucked up badly making that decision, but at the same time I don't regret it. I feel like I already had my "retirement" in life...and I fucking LOVED every moment of it. I eventually went back and go my highschool certificate, got into a university and ended up getting a decent normie job.I honestly still get emotionally just thinking about what I experienced in WoW all those years ago, the times I had....nothing will ever make me not miss those times. No matter how "normie" my life is now, I still miss the old times.
>>
>>28282338
You type like a female, fuck off and grow a painful tumor on your brain.
>>
>>28282310
Because there is some level of comedy in absurdity, but stuff like your picture isn't funny in a more traditional way or absurd enough to be funny based on that alone. Absurdity isn't funny when a bunch of circlejrerking tripfags do their best to intentionally make something which is supposedly absurdly funny.
>>
>>28282050
>late summer nights with friends on skype raiding stormwind and elwyn forest
by ourselves
>all those fun pvp times in nostalgic goblin zones like booty bay, stv, tanaris
>grinding marks for pvp gear
>actually learning the game through other players and not shitty youtube channels
>the cold winds running through my hair once i stepped in northrend for the first time
>good ol' duels in dalarans sewers
>running around dalaran in circles when youre waiting for a dungeon or raid
>making money of titansteel
>engineering was actually useful in pvp
fucking kill me right now
>>
>>28282337
I played a few MMOs before WoW. UO and then SWG.

I switched from SWG to WoW when WoW came out because all my friends from SWG went to WoW at XMAS in 2004.

I never really got much nostalgia from UO and SWG, but WoW gave me a FUCK ton of it.
>>
>>28282050
my two friends played it and one of them (they were brothers) dropped out of high school at 16 to play it full time (hes no longer a NEET but a police officer...lol)

my mom and dad never let me play it. i was jealous as fuck. i would just watch my friends play it, i was like 14 at the time.
>>
>>28282368
No, I think I'll stay just to spite you.
>>28282352
When I started playing WoW people who knew me were worried that would happen to me, but I just didn't enjoy it enough to play more than a few months.
>>
>>28282050
I did but i wasn't a neet
>>
>>28282386
>that kid who interrupts the group having a good time just to tell them what they should and shouldn't laugh at
damn, daniel.
>>
>tfw when grew up in azeroth and on 4chan

Gentlement it's been an honor shitposting with you
>>
>>28282399
>friends
All you fucking people here who got way into WoW act as if it makes you such a robot, and love to conveniently overlook those social aspects.
>>
Did the same thing as OP, but played FlyFF instead of WoW from 2006 - 2010. The game was basically my life.
>>
>>28282421
More stupid, shitty memes. Good job, I know those are the only posts you're really capable of making.
>>
File: sup.jpg (26 KB, 480x273) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
26 KB, 480x273
>>28282368
You should be careful with that edge.
>>28282386
Fampai, I just saw that shit yesterday and saved it. I'm not really part of the tripfag conspiracy to like what you don't like :^)
You're really buttfrustrated about this tho. idgi desu.
>>28282352
You're my hero in this thread.
>>
No one answered the question earlier in the thread, so I'll ask it again. Does anyone here have much of any experience with private "illegal" servers?
>>
>>28282440
I was a social beast on WoW back all those years ago. I actually ended up raid leading in a top 50 world guild during the end of Vanilla, and throughout all of TBC and WOTLK.

That doesn't mean shit in real life though, I still have no RL friends, no GF. I've been at the same gym for 5 years now and haven't made a single friend or really spoken to anyone.

Socializing in WoW =/= socializing in real life.
>>
>>28282440
i never claimed to be a robot you faggot, and if it bothers you so much then dont worry my "normie" self doesnt want to join your sekret club

and having friends doesnt mean you cant be depresed to a point of suicidal thoughts on a daily basis and wish for a forum just like this one to share the feels and feel just a bit better about yourself

not that im depressed though
>>
>>28282469
like taking candy from a baby, newfag
>>
>>28282484
You clearly missed my point, but that's fine. I wasn't expecting you to care. It isn't worth continuing on any more.
>>
>>28282485

No one wants to talk about them on here because shortly after Nostalrius gained popularity on here, it got shut down.

Google that shit if you really want to know. It's not hard.
>>
>>28282489
It doesn't translate to real life, but it clearly shows that you as a person are desperately searching for social interaction of that variety.
>>28282497
I don't have a problem with you people being here, it just annoys me when people who have worlds full of online friends act like they don't have any friends at all.

And this isn't a fucking forum.
>>
>>28282485
They're all shit mate. Don't even bother unless blizzard opens their own Vanilla server.

Private servers take a certain kind of autism to play on them, it's just full of normies who didn't even play the original WoW who just want a free game to play. Youngfag normies make up all the players on the private servers because theyre from the generation who plays Free2PLay games.
>>
File: 42342343.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
42342343.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>OP wants to get nostalgic about WoW
>thread turns into arguments about asinine bullshit
>>
>>28282520
Thanks I guess. I'm interested enough to give WoW vanilla a try if I can find a way, but I don't feel like paying for it. And I guess upon further research, paying for it wouldn't even help me out with curiosity regarding vanilla.
>>
>>28282520
>shortly after Nostalrius gained popularity on here, it got shut down.
Good riddance, the community was terrible. Autists on suicide watch!
>>
>>28282489
>he actually believes this
if you hung out with the same sort of people it wouldn't be any different unless you're just making shit up. in vanilla most losers like you just farmed mats and kept themselves muted on ts.

even if you don't extend your interest in socializing to your gym or work or public life, if you were fine talking and connecting with people in wow you're 100% normalfaggot.
>>
>>28282524
>It doesn't translate to real life, but it clearly shows that you as a person are desperately searching for social interaction of that variety.

No it doesn't.......I started WoW in 2004 not knowing it was going to be some game where I would need to actually talk to people to be able to get things done.

WoW forced me to socialize and I'll admit I enjoyed it, the same way I enjoy posting on 4chan. Does communicating on 4chan make me a normie now?

WoW FORCED me to communicate and socialize with others, but it's not the type of communication and socialization you would need to do with NORMIES in real life.
>>
>>28282533
You're probably right, I can see myself downloading all the files, connecting up, and then doing the exact same thing I did last time.
>>28282544
We seem to be mostly past that point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAH-9t0IJgw
>>
File: Thisismyonlytalent.jpg (16 KB, 326x155) Image search: [Google]
Thisismyonlytalent.jpg
16 KB, 326x155
>>28282050
>Not still playing
>Starting in 2004
Alright casual
>>
>>28282569
Just because someone is on WoW or 4chan doesn't make them a normie. I'm not saying you necessarily are one, but doing either of those things puts you in contact with completely normal people.

And in my case, WoW would've forced me to socialize, except I wasn't wiling to try to socialize on it, so I just quit.
>>
>>28282547

I never had any problem with anyone. People were generally willing to group up and give buffs and that kind of thing.

Why did you think they were terrible?
>>
>>28282560
Mate...I was a literally Hitler raid leader on WoW. I was most certainly not liked by any of the what you would call "normie" people in the guilds I was raid leading.

In fact people would often (behind my back) talk shit about me being a autistic hitler. People only did what I said because I had power over them because I some how made my way to the top of the guild.

I didn't make it to the top of the guild by being some nice normie happy-go-lucky person that everyone liked. A few other autistic higher ups basically built me up as one of their own into a leadership like role because they saw that I was extremely harsh and had no feelings whatsoever. I didn't feel bad about kicking someone out or calling them out. I was a fucking machine.

The way I acted in WoW in that top position would have got my ass beat in RL.
>>
>>28282524
specifically me, every friend i play with is a friend irl, but if all of my friends were online friends id still feel alone because its not the same after all so i kind of understood these people

and this is a forum by all means, people here dont tend to call it that way but it is, the only difference is that you dont need an account to post and you have to post an image on order to create a thread
>>
File: 1194163282099.png (380 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1194163282099.png
380 KB, 400x400
>>28282584

>not giving up after playing 20 minutes of cata

I pity you.
>>
>>28282615
>raid leader thinks he can be a robot
fuck off
>>
>>28282584
Mate. I had 1000+ days played on 1 single character back when I quit at the start of Cataclysm.

500 days in 2016 is nothing lol. I'd probably have like 2000-2500 days by now if I never quit and played as much as I did back then.
>>
File: ac.jpg (10 KB, 204x240) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
10 KB, 204x240
who ancient enough to be /ac/ here?

real nigga MMO players hit that fukken (you)
>>
>>28282626
I am a 29 year old HHKV no friends, unemployed on disability and I was raidleading during all of TBC and WOTLK on the top guild in my region. Was too young to do it in vanilla.

Call me a normie one more time mother fucker.
>>
I started playing in late 2007 when I was 15
>>
>>28282619
>Not enjoying Cata
Alright casual, the first week of HCs was genuinely fun, a challenge, BWD/BoT were a genuine challenge on heroic, alright Throne kinda sucked except Akir HC. And Raggy with legs was one of the most challenging encounters pre nerf ever. Made LK HC look like a joke. Although will agree DS wasn't fun.
>>
>>28282654
I tried it but I wasn't into MMOs at the time.

I was more so into playing RTS games like Age of Empires and other similar stuff at the time. I remember seeing Asherons Call all over that MSNgaming zone thing I use to use to play AoE on.
>>
>>28282658
normie normie normie dumb faggot you're just lazy.
>>
>>28282618
It's an imageboard. There's always been a distinction there.
>>
some guy i knew was a huge nerd, he was nice, it was 2006 but vanilla WoW and him and a couple other guys in my class were playing. i wanted to fit in with them so i started playing. i played Horde because i was put on testosterone injections at the time to start my puberty (don't ask lol) and i wanted to be a big orc and smash stuff, plus Thrall was the best. i was 16 idk. they played Alliance but i didn't care, i fell in love with the game. played on and off whenever i felt depressed or was unemployed. still play it now, still with that first orc shaman i made back in 2006 as my main. still love the game even tho i'm bad at it. so much nostalgia. raiding Kara as a resto shaman as the only orc in a guild just made up of bloodelfs with misspelled anime names. god i miss it
>>
>>28282680

>anyone playing wow 2004-2010
>casual

Yeah, no.

If you hung on after that, I feel bad for you.
>>
File: 832153285325.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
832153285325.png
32 KB, 633x758
Here's what killed WoW for me. Upboat if you agree.

1. Implementation of BATTLE GROUNDS
>Had a huge impact on World PvP

2. Implementation of CROSS-SERVER battlegrounds towards the end of Vanilla
>Killed server community PvP

3. Implementation of FLYING in TBC
>Final nail in coffin for World PvP

4. Implementation of PvP specific STAT gear in TBC
>Made all that raiding gear suddenly go from being amazing in PvP to being worthless (Besides Warglaives) pretty much made all raiders who would dabble into PvP from time to time back in Vanilla stop PvPing all-together.

5. Implementation of Looking for Dungeon queue system in WOTLK
>Badly damaged server community

6. Implementation of Looking for Raid queue system in CATACLYSM
>Killed server community
>>
File: 1438626531139.jpg (13 KB, 201x237) Image search: [Google]
1438626531139.jpg
13 KB, 201x237
>mfw i thought 4chan was full of people in their 20s but everybody is a late 90s fag like me
>>
>>28282768
>He fell for the "game got easier" meme
Sure leveling became easier, dungeons became easier, but they never were a challenge, 90% of the challenge in Vanilla was being on a large enough server and getting a solid roster.

TBC was similar, some encounters like M'uru required stupid class stacking, wasn't an actual challenge. WotLK had lolNaxx, Ulduar was solid, lolTotC, lolICC. I mean ICC had what, maybe 4 challenging heroic bosses.

Raiding has improved every expansion since, excluding some bosses which required huge class stacking, or were really punishing to melee. And class balance (before lege) has been the best it's ever been.

If you really think WoW got easier because leveling did, you are a casual.
>>
>>28282780
i loved world pvp and it all went to shit just like that
was still doable until wod tho
>>
File: 1461964687464.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1461964687464.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
Last time i raided was in MoP, and had tons of fun. Felt like one with the group. Now that guild is broken and all those people either play in new guilds or stopped playing, and i'm the only one no one remembers but i still remember everyone else.
>>
>>28282780
I liked all of these changes at the time of them happening because I enjoyed the QoL (quality of life) improvements. But now it makes me realize that all that combined fucked up the game.

Also, the removal of the spell ranks, and removal of the old talent system. That's something you left out.
>>
>>28282050
you will NEVER get to be forced to grind for honor and conquest points to buy gear so that PVP can be a fun and engaging experience EVER again
RIP in peace
(2004 - 2016)
>>
>>28282780
cross server battle grounds sucked ass. but you have to remember some servers were way stacked in one faction over the other. 3 hour wait times for alterac? not the most epic. I'd have liked to see something else done to even out the populations of the servers like free transfers there for the faction that was under popped
>>
File: 1446659610269.jpg (20 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
1446659610269.jpg
20 KB, 287x200
>>28282628
>Mate. I had 1000+ days played on 1 single character back when I quit at the start of Cataclysm.
You realize you could have gotten at least two PhDs in the same amount of time, right?
>>
>>28282891
I already worked it out mate. Being in Australia, with the amount of hours I spent on WoW in just the first 6 years, I could have literally bought a house in cash, just working minimum wage.
>>
File: 1418382067252.jpg (55 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1418382067252.jpg
55 KB, 499x499
>>28282904
Oh well, real life isnt nearly as fun anyway
>>
>>28282949
Yeah, funny thing is I still don't regret doing that.

How can I logically have regret for something I thoroughly enjoyed?
>>
>>28282804

Did I say anything about it getting easier? I had half a dozen max level characters, I didn't care.

I don't know exactly what it was anymore, but the nerds I hung out with at the FLGS all stopped playing, my brother and his geek friends did as well. Something was gone and it was never coming back.

One guy I worked with at my wageslave job hung on, everyone else just said fuck this.

6 years ago I probably could have articulated a reason, but I've moved on.
>>
File: 1445365671935.gif (2 MB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
1445365671935.gif
2 MB, 300x176
>tfw roleplaying in WoW with my awkward alterego
>tfw getting in relationships, they love my character
>tfw 3 of them were actual girls
>>
>>28282050
I played from 2008 until the end of 2015, now I'm waiting for Legacy Servers.
>>
>>28283230
I love RP in WoW. Though I barely ever RP romance, my characters are usually not very well suited for it
>>
>>28283656
What characters did you roleplay as?
>>
File: 1419487979899.png (216 KB, 504x529) Image search: [Google]
1419487979899.png
216 KB, 504x529
>poorfag growing up
>pc was a potato that barley functioned
>tfw looking at the box of WoW and imagining how fun it must be
>>
>>28283795
An exiled Draenei Vindicator, A pious priestess, A gnomish inventor and socialite and a half-elven hedge wizard
>>
Anyone here play hearthstone?
Add me senpai Derpious#1149
>>
>tfw you'll never get involved in a 3 day av battle again
>>
>>28283865

O shit senpai, you're already on my friend list, holla :3
>>
Never played WOW, Frozen throne was my shit.

> Blademaster harassing by killing workers

> Those vampirism games with the good bases that would always get taken

> Getting insta-kicked if you had to download the new DOTA map

> Hours wasted in Footman frenzy

Those were the days.
>>
>>28282050

>never tasted vanilla
>enjoyed the entirety of tbc

Fuck flying mounts though. Especially in the lick king. Ruined the zones entirely.
>>
Well... I played WC3, but I am not going to play some shit tier p2p mmo.
>>
>tfw leveling your alt in the hinterlands during TBC
>your online friend whispers you and says they are organizing a raid on SW
>excitedly hop on your main and get your pvp gear on
>group is forming, spam trade chat in org while spinning around on top of the bank with 30 other people
>group needs to get a warlock and 2 others into the basement of some random house in SW to begin summons
>gladly volunteer to go
>dat adventure of getting to SW
>dat corpse walk from across the zone when you died
>finally get the grouped formed and begin summons
>that feeling of emerging from the middle of SW with like 40 other people and causing chaos
>killing all the flagged ally's before they have a chance to group and form a counter attack
>charging to bolvar and onyxia in human form, leaving a trail of dead guards in players in our wake
>kill them both, but by this time alliance has formed a solid group to counter us
>an epic battle ensues
>we are outnumbered and weak from the constant fighting
>die like heroes, laughing my ass off and having the time of my life

God damn I miss those moments. It was the community of TBC that made the game so fun for me.
>>
sadly i was playing runescape during that time period. 2004-2010 exactly.

never touched wow.

hoping that the nostalrius server comes back or something so i can try it out
>>
>>28282050
I knew what it was as a young'un, but my dad never bought me a subscription because judaism.
>>
I've played the game since the start after playing Warcraft, and I haven't quit. The game sucks but I'm determined to see it out to the end. Plus I just want to be a gladiator just once, sick of duelist titles.
>>
23 year old Semi NEET here still playing.

I'm in college right now just finished a semester and waiting for summer semester to start
>>
>had 2 years /played on my main between wotlk and mid-mop
>b& for selling gold & pvp carries
rip
>>
>>28284989
That doesn't make you a semi-NEET. Are you that desperate to fit in here?
>>
>>28282050
yeah man
>a neet for a very long time
>wow, oblivion, stalker...
>then i got into drugs
>didn't get a job, started stealing cell phones
>got caught
>raged at the guy who slapped me
>stabbed him
>jail time
>now out
>feels good man
>>
>>28282137
Raid mythic difficulty. Normies can't do that yet until it's no longer current content.
>>
File: 1374899849841.png (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1374899849841.png
121 KB, 500x500
>10 or 11 when WoW released
>Could only play every two weeks for the weekend when I visited my father in the next city over
>Dad would understand and just hung out with me and we got some treats, but I mainly played the game. Sometimes sad I missed spending time with him
>Eventually mother bought me a new PC and I could play WoW on it
>She even let me keep it in my bedroom
>When Burning Crusade released, I had to go to school
>Asked mom to buy it for me after work
>Waited until she got home at 6:00
>So excited, but it had to install
>Installs all evening, check on it every five minutes
>Eventually get sad because I know it'll be my bedtime and I never got to play it
>Mom lets me stay up until it finishes installing and lets me play for thirty minutes
>Those first few minutes exploring Hellfire Peninsula
It was an interesting time
>>
Why isn't this game f2p yet, I would love to play past level 20.

I aint got no money yo
>>
>>28282050
I was to busy playing ps2/xbox 360
>>
>>28286356
because five million people are still willing to cough up $15 a month for it. This is also why blizz doesn't give any fucks anymore, they realized its more profitable to not have to do much development and just milk that cashflow for as long as it lasts
>>
>>28282050
>Who else here was NEET playing WoW everyday from 2004 to 2010 like me?

I did.

Original > TBC > Dog shit > WotLK
>>
>>28286407
How can I get a month ingame, is that possible, like farming gold or something. Or do I have to beg on /b/ until someone drunk enough buys me some game time?
>>
>>28282050
MMORPGS are for fags

>hurr regular video games are too hard for me
>grinding is fun because it doesnt require skill, just time
>>
>>28282071
It's so funny because I did exactly the same.
I remember stealing this and a few pokemon cards. Tho the last thing I still do from time to time.
>>
>days long Alterac Valley
>BRM pvp
>pvp over world bosses
>AQ opening
>prenormalized Arcanite Reaper
>Double procs on Windfury and Sword spec
>Sweeping strikes cleaves
>negative magic resistance
>>
>>28282050
No WoW m8
I played cs 1.5/1.6 and diablo 2 from 2001 to 2011, every god damn day

Now iam 26 and miss those days
Just heard yesterday that blizz is going to do a ladder reset, might start again
>>
>>28283865
u better not be a netdecking faggot, anon
>>
>>28286435
you can buy game time with gold now. or at least you could, I havent played retail for over a year. But you won't make enough for that until you're max level. probably on more than one char that you play a lot
>>
>>28286171
you got a nice mom man
>>
I was more of a counterstrikefag in those days
>>
>>28282418
Same. Started playing in 2005 when I was 15 and played on and off til the Argent Tournament """"""""""""raid""""""""""" when I quit for good
>>
>>28286416
>original
>not vanilla

Fuck off fag. Your list is correct though.
>>
File: 1447853783775.jpg (83 KB, 747x646) Image search: [Google]
1447853783775.jpg
83 KB, 747x646
>got WoW around when it first came out when I was 14
>had a shitty toaster family computer
>would crash whenever I got anywhere near a major city
>unplayable until about a year and a half later when we got a decent computer
>managed to get to 60 right before TBC released
>kept farming sunken temple for some reason because I was retarded and didn't fully understand how MMOs worked
>finally rushing home after drivers ed in the morning to explore Hellfire Peninsula only to get wrecked by that retarded giant robot thing walking around
>farthest I ever got in raid wise completion in that expansion was Gruul's Lair and Karazhan
>tfw now 26 with only a laptop and quit playing during cataclysm

Fuck why did you need other people to do cool stuff. I don't want to talk to others on vent.

Karazhan is still the best raid ever though and I still get the withdrawal symptoms of wanting to go back
>>
>>28282050
I started playing when cata first came out
Kinda wish I had taken an interest to it earlier
Every day basically consisted of railing adderall and tweaking my character while collecting stuff and doing nonessential shit

It felt empty but it also was a great way to shut out the world

I was never social, never did any raids and all that. Kinda regret it, I was probably missing out on the best part
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.