[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you sometimes feel that you used to be a lot smarter as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: helper.png (30 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
helper.png
30 KB, 657x527
Do you sometimes feel that you used to be a lot smarter as a kid/ in highschool?

What happened?
>>
I can't be the only one who feels dumber than they used to be.
>>
>>28279757
Weed happened
>>
>>28279789
this

also as you progress further in life you are exposed to a larger population/sample size, as a result you realize you are actually the mean rather than the exception
>>
>>28279757
DESU that's not saying much because most people are kinda dumb.
But that doesn't mean that you're "superior" to them.

In fact, unless intellegence is applied in a productive way, it kinda doesn't matter.
Someone who's kinda dumb but tenacious is more "valuable" to society than someone who's smart but gives up easily
>>
Alcoholism.

Wasted brainpower/energy due to OCD.
>>
I think I just became more aware of how dumb I am.

That and I become a lot more cynical about the world.

But mostly the first one.
>>
Life happened
>>
dunning kruger effect, the smarter people think they are the dumber they probably really are
>>
>>28279822
I just got dunning Kruger effected by your autistic post m8
>>
>>28279812
You're hitting close to home.
Remember when your teachers and parents would tell you how you could do anything, and all you had to do was "just do it lol."
When the card house falls, it falls hard because statements like above were crammed down our throats. I think that is where most narcissism comes from in these times.
>>
>>28279757
Nah, exact opposite, everyday I gain more and more knowledge
>>
>>28279874
Probably right but I never really thought I could do anything. Never felt that smart 2bh, tho yes I did have teachers and parents and stuff who said I was.
>>
File: 1430432605831.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1430432605831.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>28279757
I can guarantee most of that is depression. Depression absolutely affects cognition and memory. Do things that will get your mood up, exercising etc. Go a little easier on yourself and be OK with the level you're at now, recognize you may have to work harder at things now than you used to. You'll spring back if you can manage to let go first.
>>
If I ever have a kid I'll probably tell them they aren't special
>>
File: 1459934765180.png (42 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1459934765180.png
42 KB, 240x232
I felt smart in the process of doing schoolwork even though it was easy, elementary stuff. In that sense I did feel smarter back then, at least I was using what little cognitive ability I had constructively. Think I'd struggle to maintain a passing grade in higher education, namely grad school but I have a feeling the teachers would let sub-par work slide. But nah, every day you accrue more knowledge. Unless I'm actively forgetting more than I learn there's no way I'm getting any dumber.
>>
it's just the depression mate. get yourself treated and you'll be smarter than you've ever been. that is if you're under the age of 25, it just goes downhill after that
>>
i feel like i unintentionally just stopped caring enough about the school/uni work that i did. it's hard for me to give my all in something i'm not passionate about and now, i don't really have any passion in life
>>
>>28279757
i lost my drive to succeed and be better than everybody else

if i get that back i will rule the world
if i don't ill an hero, and its looking like it's gonna be an heroing for me
>>
I do OP.
I used to think I was a genius because everyone praised me for trivial shit like learning English at a young age or doing well in some math tests.
Now that that stopped, I feel a lot more average.
>>
>>28280197
Yeah, I can relate to this. I think it's time to learn a new language or some skill.
>>
File: 1461686496144.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
1461686496144.png
37 KB, 1127x685
School seemed much easier before uni.
Even if I hated a subject (I was always shit in maths), I could still understand it and memorise it and pass exams.
These days I can't even fucking pass accounting in uni while I managed to pass AP calculus in high school (albeit with a mediocre final grade).
It's like whatever I need to learn and study I just can't manage to grasp it let alone remember it.
>>
I got lazy, smoked weed every day for a few years, still drink heavily most days.
>>
>depression
>not constantly maintaining your skills
>not using your brain
>>
>>28280565
why ish frog cring?
cher up littl frug
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.