[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get yourself to the bar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
No one here makes you pay.

Today's barkeep reporting in. Robot lurker and trained peer counsellor. What's going on for you guys?
>>
Morning music:

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Cantonement_Jazz_Band/blissbloodcom_1761/The_Way_I_Feel_Today
>>
>>28279319
Alright barkeep, bring me some Ultimate Summer Picnic Punch please.

Today I'll have to install an operating system with all the programs in it. Will be a good day.
>>
that the fuck is a >trained peer counsellor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFfKbxIHD0
Essential music
>>
Eminem wrote this song to diss his school bully:

https://youtu.be/kCX8qS70hII

The bully, a janitor at the time, sued Eminem for damaging his reputation.
>>
File: 1423311476305.jpg (108 KB, 656x1046) Image search: [Google]
1423311476305.jpg
108 KB, 656x1046
>tfw having flashbacks of embarrassing memories.
>constantly feel like shit.
>Arch broke my system.

I never asked for this.
>>
>>28280315
>>Arch broke my system.
Elaborate.
>>
>>28280315
>using Arch, not Debian
Also your flashbacks will leave you in time. You have to process some information related to them. If you do, you forget about it. If you don't, will take longer but you'll forget about it.
>>
File: 1459813426623.jpg (24 KB, 507x473) Image search: [Google]
1459813426623.jpg
24 KB, 507x473
Do some girls just not like texting or something?

I'll talk and talk and talk with this girl face to face and have great convos and make her laugh and stuff, but she only ever responds to my texts with 1 or 2 word answers. Its actually really fucking annoying.

Is this a sign she really isn't interested? or perhaps she's just not a texter?
Anyone experience something like this?
>>
>>28281704
I hate texting. Especially guys that I like. My sense of humor never translates well over text so I always just use texting as a way to make plans to meet up. She might be the same way. Maybe try calling her instead?
>>
>>28281704
Maybe she doesn't want to spoil the magic between you.
>>
File: 1437381472624.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1087) Image search: [Google]
1437381472624.jpg
476 KB, 1920x1087
>>28279319
rum neat please
>don't know how to start a conversation to a girl I know for a long time
>haven't spoken to her since 10 years
>she seems single
>still don't know
also
>final exam in one week at uni
>did half of the work I'm supposed to do to pass
>lazyasfuck.gif
>wait and see
>>
File: 1461523215336.jpg (63 KB, 498x564) Image search: [Google]
1461523215336.jpg
63 KB, 498x564
>>28281759
Yeah that could be true.
I'm not a big fan of calling people since I'm still an introvert and texting is just easier for me. For her though, I'll definitely give it a go in the future.

>>28281763
Y-yeah that's gotta be it
>>
File: 8341447577_609af11400_b.jpg (253 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
8341447577_609af11400_b.jpg
253 KB, 1024x683
>>28281791
You have to do uni like you're a scientist. You have to study the shit out of it. Your scores count at the end.

About the girl, call her out to see what happens. Feed her or something.
>>
>>28279778
Install them all kid.
>>
>>28279319
I'm reading the Book of Pook... it tells me to "embrace my sexuality" and focus on myself, not the women. In other words: I need to give zero fucks about them.
The author seems like a total narcisstic asshole, but according to his words he has incredible success with women.

Is he right?
>>
>>28282019
You have to master the communication protocols. You don't need to be an arsehole to do that. Start reading psychology books.
>>
>>28282218
Does your regular Chad read books on how to talk?
I don't want to understand the complex chemistry behind talking and dating etc.
I simply want to experience it.
>>
Social psychology on the personal level is horseshit.

Asking the right questions is a good way to start a conversation and actually trying to empathise normally helps.
>>
>>28281704
People hate texting because you lose a lot of the communication. I mean, yeah, you can show things like sarcasm and writing tone can be done, but is that really what they mean? Is that how they'd say it? It's a lot of effort to try and work it out, and some people would much rather speak face to face.

You tried phone conversations?
>>
>>28281791
White or spiced rum, mate?

Often the university work is a "guideline": do you feel like you understand what you were doing?
>>
>>28282019
Books like that are written by wankers. Honestly, there's a difference between focusing on people and giving them your time - one is scorned, one is appreciated, and the more someone notices, generally the nicer they are as a human.
>>
Just a coke please.

Found myself at a crossroads lately. I've got an unconditional offer to do a course at uni in september, the course itself looks decent (computer forensics/security) but idk if i will cope with all of the other bullshit at uni and got a feeling it will be 3 years of hell.

The other option is to possibly work for IBM with an entry level job in IT maintenance where you get trained and get a company car etc and then get a permanent position after the training.

I could go uni and get the degree and possibly get something better afterwards however IBM would be a much safer choice.

What do
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.