[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw tinnitus >tfw no peace I want to die. This is Hell.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 230x219
>tfw tinnitus
>tfw no peace
I want to die. This is Hell.
>>
Tinnitus just forces you to pay attention to yourself. I don't mind it, I am all the time anyways.
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 357x313
>>28278114
>tfw your tinnitus doesn't text you back
>>
How long have you had it and how bad is it?

2 years here and every time I start to adjust it just gets worse
>>
>>28278218
you sit here watching the clock
chad fucks your tinnitus with his cock
>>
>>28278245
Not Op but I've had it for 10 years, I can hear it even while I listen to music. You'll get used to it. Don't try to adjust, it'll just get harder to bare with.
>>
>>28278245
I've had it for as long as I can remember, but it's getting worse it seems. It's probably got something to do with my increasing anxiety levels, but I seriously feel like I'm focusing on it way more than I used to, and it's seriously starting to affect me horribly. I'm getting even MORE depressed and anxious than usual from this shit. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't hear anything but this fucking wailing inside of my damn ears. Lsat night I paid attention to it for so long I swore it was getting louder, and I passed out in a fetal position on the floor. Last month I almost fractured my skull from banging it into the fucking wall so hard. I can't stand this. I want PEACE. PEACE God damn it. Please God give me peace again. I can't take the NOISE. I can't enjoy my quiet alone time anymore with this shit. White noise doesn't even help anymore. The ringing is all I can fucking hear over all the other sounds. The doctors don't know what to do to help me, and I don't know how much longer I can handle this.
>>
>tfw deaf

I'd welcome any sound, even though I know tinnitus would eventually drive me crazy.
At first it was music I missed, then the sound of wind in trees. Now I'd just like to hear anything.
>>
>>28278304
You don't "hear" tinnitus, it's inside your head.
>>
>>28278304
if youre deaf then how did you type that?
>>
>>28278114
Tinnitus woke me up, to be honest. I'm now in a life-or-death situation. I need to understand myself or I'm going to die.

I'm writing an article about tinnitus, trying to reason about it. In fact it'll be a whole book before long.

I think I know the trick to beating tinnitus, but it'll be such a slow process.
>>
How do you fags get tinnitus if you don't go outside?
>>
>>28278294
Have you tried changing your diet. You may be deficient of some kind of mineral. I had mild tinnitus but after switching to a healthier diet with enough of all the different food groups it slowly decreased until it was completely gone.
>>
>>28278482
There are a lot of ways to get tinnitus. Over half the population have some tinnitus that they can hear in pure silence.

The problem with tinnitus is when you develop a phobia of it. Imagine being disturbed by something that is literally always there. That's a recipe for insanity. In fact I think I can understand gender dysphoria a bit better now, because it's like I want to cut out my auditory system.
>>
>get ear infection
>ear becomes completely blocked
>get super loud ringing
>that in combination with it being blocked means that the ringing is literally the only thing I can hear from my left ear
>doesn't stop
>doctor said it'll be about three weeks before this shit clears up, could leave permanent damage/tinnitus
>just block it out after the first couple of days

literally just stop paying attention to it
the only reason it bugs you so much is because you let it and want to shitpost about how bad it is on here when you LITERALLY just have to ignore it
>>
>>28278630
>the only reason it bugs you so much is because you let it and want to shitpost about how bad it is on here
You're exactly right. But it's like the medical system is designed to make this phenomenon worse.

It's funny, because if the first doctor I saw about tinnitus had just told me "fuck off", I'd be in a better place now.

But there's a whole industry built around it, where they sell thousand-dollar devices to tinnitus phobics.

I wake up every morning and check for it. I need to break my habits.
>>
>>28278218
Heh. I chuckled. Good job, anon
>>
>>28278652
Just break all your habits and stop being a giant fucking faggot about it.
>>
File: 1458025212487.png (233 KB, 516x868) Image search: [Google]
1458025212487.png
233 KB, 516x868
Hey guys, never walk around while cleaning your ear with a q-tip, you may trip up and jam it far into your ear. It hurts pretty bad and may give you severe tinnitus
>>
>>28278715
Thanks, voice in my head! You sure have helped me over the years. Oh wait no you haven't.
>>
>>28278756
You're posts read like a special snowflake asexual complaining about being asexual desu
That's the giant fucking faggot part
>>
Hey you want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>28278779
I'm literally not complaining about trivial things. I'm mad at the tinnitus industry. And not even on my behalf, on everyone's behalf.

I seriously think I might end up writing a book. The thing just writes itself, I've suffered so much.
>>
>>28278811
>I've suffered so much
Because you were buying their obvious bullshit?
>>
>>28278922
It wasn't obvious at all. The whole thing is premised on a false theory that they use to medicalise the problem. The theory sounds perfectly sensible, it's told to you by authority figures.

But yes, I bought their bullshit. I'm getting better, and I know the hell that so many people are still in.

Perceived suffering IS suffering. What other kind is there? I've been through some shit.
>>
>>28278741
so... it would be extremely painfull?
>>
>>28278114
Put your palms over your ears, so that your fingers are touching the back of your neck, and then rapidly tap with your fingers for a few secounds
>>
>>28279005
The pretentious faggot here. Never do this. I'm I'm right, this sort of thing is a one-way ticket to worse suffering perception.
>>
>>28278114
try sticking a firecracker in your ear and lighting it. Maybe it'll cancel it out
>>
>>28278974
If yoh had half a brain and an internet connection, you could tell that it was bogus.

>Perceived suffering
victimized idiocy
>>
>>28278988
for you

blyat
>>
>>28278630

>the only reason it bugs you so much is because you let it and want to shitpost about how bad it is on here when you LITERALLY just have to ignore it

You do know that people have different degrees of tinnitus? Ignoring it is easy to do if you have a mild case that you can only hear in silence or quiet places.

Some people have multiple tones that are very loud, so ignoring it can be difficult.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.