[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>therapist recommends I go to a social anxiety support group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13
File: ukraine girl.jpg (501 KB, 2048x1539) Image search: [Google]
ukraine girl.jpg
501 KB, 2048x1539
>therapist recommends I go to a social anxiety support group
>Go
>people around my age (22)
>both men and women
>topic of the day is relationships
>therapist asks me if I've ever had a relationship go south because of anxiety
>"I've never had a relationship"
>everyone laughs or snickers
>"why not anon? Why don't you want to participate in that aspect of life"
>moves around the circle
>Everyone there has had relationships and sex
>I'm the only real freak there

I guess true robots are rarer than I thought

also I don't think therapists can understand true robothood. Someone without friends or any sexual experience at all. Most people with social anxiety, depression etc still have "people that care about them"
>>
That's generally how it is. Therapists and similar usually come from roughly middle class fairly ok backgrounds and generally have no real means of relating to the situation of the people they're advising, who often had very fucked up lives from the start that they could not possibly ever relate to or even understand, though they will think they do.
>>
>>28273350
I think you should go back with a gun and explain that you have anxiety because of the social norms that society places on you without consent.

Then go for a highscore
>>
Therapists are for normies. Therapists ARE normies.

Take shrooms or acid. Robots must go on our own private realization trips.
>>
>>28273350
People who have regular therapist sessions usually have decent incomes/come from middle class families at least. So, even the most fucked up ones will likely have had sex since they have some social status.
>>
Damn I was thinking about going to one of these too...
>>
>not treating yourself with Internet treatments and Internet pills

It's like you wanted to be made fun of.
>>
DAmn OP youre gay as fucjk
>>
File: 1462058821880.png (66 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1462058821880.png
66 KB, 616x596
>>28273350
That's fucked up that people would laugh at someone else at a support group. Fuckin normies. There really is no place for us huh
>>
>>28273350

>everyone laughs and snickers.

Stop feeding r9k's persecution complex.

There was probably a smirk or two, maybe surprise, but no support group I've ever been to in twenty years would ever make fun of you for it.

How many meetings have you been to? one? yeah. I get that you're struggling, but lying about it to your fellow anons does us a disservice.
>>
>>28273350
>I go to a social anxiety support group
you went to the i cant get more than 50 gacebook likes group dude. Robots dont normaly look for help and when we do its only one on one
>>
>>28273350

Stop going to therapy. Tell your therapist he's a fucking faggot and you hope he gets cancer. I am serious. Say that shit to his face. Or go back to the group therapy, get your virginity bought up again, then if peopel laugh, throw a real sperg fest and storm out. Tellt hem all to kill themselves.

>>28274228

> I have the naive belief people are nice therefore anon is exaggerating.

Yeah please die of AIDS.

> but no support group I've ever been to in twenty years would ever make fun of you for it.

Have you admitted you were a virgin to a large group of people?

> How many meetings have you been to? one? yeah. I get that you're struggling, but lying about it to your fellow anons does us a disservice.

Yeah you really need to kill yourself you fucking obnoxious twat. What OP needs to do is fire his therapist and hopefully rape him.
>>
>>28274061
Normies are genuine sociopaths
>>
>>28273350

out of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most
>>
>>28274228
how many times did you tell them about never having sex, or kissing someone, or having friends?
>my normie group is perfectly fine withrobots except we never see robots or talk to or about them
>>
>>28274324
This joke was old even in 2012
https://youtu.be/lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>28274343

it's not a joke, and I seriously hope you don't believe OPs story, stupid redditor
>>
>>28274281

>Yeah you really need to kill yourself you fucking obnoxious twat fuckin blah blah blah

That's all fine and dandy if you wanna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Go right ahead. But you should know people never give you the full deal when it comes to a sob story, it's always exaggerated, modified, and suited to gain maximum sympathy. You'll see what I mean, one day.
>>
>>28273350
Please, post, new, content.
Get this fucking pasta out of here.
>>
>>28274368

I do see, anon. I know people exaggerate, and it's pretty obvious anon is exaggerating a little bit.

But still he needed to stand up for himself in return. And he should quit therapy, he is NOT paying 200 bucks an hour to get laughed at

Therapy is such a fucking rip-off. You're better off killing yuorself.
>>
>>28274337

Some of us have deeper fundamental problems then just tfw nogf. It doesn't come up for me, because I got bigger fish to fry than an active sexlife.

let's say for a SECOND op wasn't embellishing.

That laughter couldve come from someone who thinks those problems are minuscule in comparison to the big picture.
>>
>>28274487
The OP could be lying but honestly he could honestly not be. I've been in the psychology field and there's plenty of shitty therapists and support groups in the world.
>>
>>28273350
>support groups

Are there normal groups for becoming a normie, I don't have anxiety, just don't have any normal friends.
>>
>>28274368
origina post for an original reply
>>
>>28274435

Therapy shouldn't break the bank.

I guess I take it for granted that I can get it for free.

Let's assume that I am.

It would explain why I think you couldn't be any more wrong. Therapy isn't a ripoff, you get out of it what you put in-- You don't just *hand* over your life to someone and expect them to fix it, it's not a car.

That's a mistake alot of people on here make. Therapy doesn't magically fix you, it gives you an internal toolkit. Like alot shit, the going is often slow and tedious.
>>
>>28273350

unrelated question: anyone know if swedish girls like asian/asian-american men? i think i'm in love
>>
>>28274487
please see
>>28274554
robot feeds on words
>>
>Psychiatrist wants me to start going to group therapy for anxiety and depression
>Just want to take my benzos and be left alone
>She threatens to cut off my benzos and autism bux

REEEEEEEE, fucking bitch, now I have to wait months to find a new doctor because Canada's healthcare system fucking sucks.
>>
>>28273350
face it OP, it didn't happen the way you said it did. Anxiety does that. It makes you think the worst of people in scenarios when in reality the complete opposite is true.
>>
I had a similar experience at a fucking men's support group that was part of an intensive outpatient program. It was mostly guys older than I was, and not a single one could comprehend that maybe I'm not attractive enough for a relationship. They all jumped on me for saying I didn't even want one until I had sorted out my issues.

That whole program was bullshit. It was targeted at people who weren't messed up enough for inpatient, so it was mostly just middle aged alcoholics and addicts. There was a therapy group at the same hospital that I think would've had more robot types in it and been more aware of those types of issues, but I pussied out of joining it.
>>
>>28274640
Do you at least get benzo's for until you find a new doctor? If they're really intent to take you off them, you could try to throw a bitch fit and get on Librium at least to make it last a little while longer.
>>
>>28273350
Goddamn, anon, I feel so sorry for you. I would have hated to be in that situation. I am also a khv, but thankfully I can't afford a therapist to force me to do things that only lower my self esteem.
>>
>>28273883
A cut of shrooms in a graveyard, by yourself, senpai.
The dead talk and they are very wise.
>>
Yeah, support groups are either full of normies or actual nutcases.
>>
>>28274670
people who take advantage of your mental illness to manipulate you into beliving that what you experience is wrong adquire inmediate normie stattus and should not be listened to
>>
>>28274595

Yes, I saw that when I wrote it out.
>>
>>28274726
I was on 3 different benzos daily, but they got rid of 1 outright and are weaning me off the other 2. I've been taking them daily for over a year so they can't just cut me off without the risk of killing me.
>>
>>28274769
>don't listen to people who tell you objectively common symptoms of social anxiety. don't improve your life. don't think critically. just mope about and hope things change. Remember, if anyone lists facts, ignore them like I do!

What is life like as a subhuman who is not capable of simple thought processes?
>>
>>28274571
>Therapy doesn't magically fix you, it gives you an internal toolkit. Like alot shit, the going is often slow and tedious.

ahahaha holy shit you fell hook line and sinker. have fun paying money to papa jew you fucking retard.
>>
>>28274818
Yeah, that would be the idea with the Librium, but I guess they're confident enough to taper you off on the ones you're on. Believe me, I've got plenty of experience with what happens when you cold turkey on benzodiazepines.
>>
>>28274847

I don't pay a cent. But ok.
>>
>>28274904
I know, I wish I could rub the nose of everyone who says I'm falling for the international Jewry into this fact. My insurance and my dad's work pays for literally all my mental health stuff. Not only do I not pay a cent, neither does the insurance holder.. Apparently I can even do shit like acupuncture if I feel like checking it out, and that will be covered. I'm trying to see if I can get therapeutic massages cover, and get free happy ending massages, or at least free other than the tip for the ending.
>>
>social anxiety support group

As someone with social anxiety I always find this funny. I literally would not get out a single coherent sentence and would probably pass out before it was my turn.
>>
>>28275016
That's what sedatives are for. Though I'd just like to say, in a mental hospital setting it's easier to talk than you might expect. Most people end up talking somewhat, even with severe anxiety. But that's not what OP is talking about.
>>
>>28274766
what is an "actual nutcase"?

This probably means I am one
>>
>>28274829
>What is life like as a subhuman who is not capable of simple thought processes?
very bad when people have been taking advantage of me and my mental illness my whole life. Most recent offenmce was my mother getting away with calling the police and telling them i was suicidal, attempted to jump out the window and took 400 pills because i actually attempted suicide 2 years ago.
Feels good knowing that im subhuman and could be deprived of my own freedom just because anyone close to me feels like screwing me. I almost got committed too. Chief of psychatry told me i was getting commited if i ever showed up again last time
>>
>>28275016
That's why you get on pills first.
>>
File: 1456119333038.jpg (385 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1456119333038.jpg
385 KB, 1280x853
>>28274987
>I'm trying to see if I can get therapeutic massages cover, and get free happy ending massages

Livin the dream
>>
Shit, I'm sorry anon. That's why I don't go anywhere but here for my "psychological help." Kek, they can't fucking help us. Only hurt us while trying to make themselves feel better, or make money off of us.
>>
File: 1443032653387.jpg (90 KB, 712x569) Image search: [Google]
1443032653387.jpg
90 KB, 712x569
>>28273350
>support group
>robots
there is your mistake, friend. These are made for normies with le depression meaning to socialize and vent out.

I fell for it once too
>>
>>28275073
I'm fairly certain I could get therapeutic massages covered if I could justify it to the insurance company, it's just a question of whether they'd realize I was using it for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>28275108
I don't want to agree with this post, but I guess practically speaking, it's mostly true. When I left inpatient, I thought that most therapy groups would be similar to what I experienced there, but they were entirely different, and most people there were exactly what I would describe as normies. It was a shitty transition, and I quit it after less time than I spent in inpatient.
>>
>go to a support group with a "friend" who keeps offering to help me with my anxiety problems, likely to fuel his own needs
>the host starts off with the whole "Hi, my name is _____" pulled straight out of AA
>people are encouraged to just talk about their lives
>my turn comes up and I don't say much, just talk about how I have been working on going to the park and playing basketball by myself
>mention this girl at some chinese food store I have been working on talking to more often
>some other guy eggs me on to ask her out
>other people start joining in
>soon it becomes a chant
>"ask. her. out. ask. her. out."
>my friend pushes me into the center of the circle
>people start crowding me, chanting louder as I ball up into fetal position
>"ask her out bro, just ask her out"
>people start ripping off my clothes
>im naked and sweating profusely
>I start spasming
>a guy mounts me and starts raping me
>he finishes and others including women have started ejaculating onto me
>it goes on for hours

Never coming back there again
>>
>>28275058
>"I have a long history of severe psychiatric episodes. I have attempted suicide, possibly multiple times. Waaaaah why is my mother suspicious that I might hurt myself it just doesn't make sense!!1!"
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>28275238
wew feat. wew
>>
>>28275238
the first half it what happens, second half is exactly how it feels like
>>
>>28275058
You should always go voluntarily rather than get committed. Even if you don't want to go, at least that way you can leave.
>>
>>28275282
i didnt see my mother a week prior and i heard her say to the police she stopped me from jumping out the window the previous day
i havent been suicidal, i didnt give off any signs at all.
The doctors i spoke with agreed that i was fine to leave
she told the police not to let me call my dad
all my neighbors saw me getting out with 6 police officers
turns out it was my mothers response to my dad sending her the divorce documents, dad administers my medication and i keep several empty boxes at home
>Waaaaah
typical normie devoided of any sorth of empathy or human emotion, i can mostly feel anger and saddnes only and im still able to feel more than you
>>
>>28275392
my dad is a lawyer and whe i finally was allowed to call him after 7 hours (only because i refused to say anything to the doctor) he came to the rescue and told the normie police to let me go
>>
>>28275448
I also feel weird as fuck knowing that all my neighbors have seen cops/EMT's outside my house. I'm kind of surprised they sent 6 officers on one call for you, I only got 2. Mine treated me pretty well actually, they just sort of made sure I was okay until the EMT's got there. The cops in my town really aren't that bad.
>>
>>28275489
So they didn't allow you to make a call until you had refused to talk to the doctor? That's crazy.
>>
>>28275520
well it was two, then two more, then two doctors, then a nurse vand then two more cops to take me to the hospital.
It may have been even more people but i wasnt allowed outside the room so i could only peep
>>
>>28275549
you never speak, never. Not a single word, you dont agree to anything until you ar told you are forced to do it. You keep asking their names, you keep asking why you are there and if they refuse to tell you you ask who called and when they refuse to tell you you ask who gave the order. Until there is a lawyer and family member you say nothing.
The first police promised my cellphone back as soon as i arrived to the hospital, one of the officers kept telling me i was allowed to call anyone i wanted but looked at me and laughed when i asked for my cellphone to do so.
You know the worst part? im legaly allowed to have one parent with me (im 23) there, i kept telling them i did not want my mother with me. Had my mother showed up before dad did he wouldnt have been allowed inside, i would have spent who kows how long at a shitty hospital and dad would have been acussed of insitagting me to commit suicide.
Robots trust no one, never trus anyone
>>
>>28273350
>therapist
>support groups
Holy shit you're one huge faggot
>>
Most people who studied psychology are just piles of human garbage. Most people with mental illnesses are attention seeking normies.
>>
File: 1454440392741.png (223 KB, 356x334) Image search: [Google]
1454440392741.png
223 KB, 356x334
>>28274368
>it's always exaggerated, modified, and suited to gain maximum sympathy

HE FIGURED US OUT, ABANDON SHIP
>>
>>28273350
Make sure to fucking tell them, it can't fucking be that they have actual anxiety yet had a relationship. When he asked "why not" did you at least respond "because I have social anxiety you fucking retard that's why I'm here"
>>
>>28277357
exactly, why the fuck didn't you say that dumbass?
>>
>>28273350
That sounds like a shit support group
>>
File: feelspretend.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
feelspretend.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>>28274318
>Normies are genuine sociopaths
so fucking true
>>
>>28274435
>circumceripoors need to pay for therapy
Lel
>>
>>28273350
Social anxiety has become a trend now OP, most people who have average shyness automatically think they have it and are special snowflakes. The sad part about it, is that normalfags will complain on facebook about their anxiety yet the second they meet someone with really social anxiety with automatically think they are a creep.

>>28274487
>That laughter couldve come from someone who thinks those problems are minuscule in comparison to the big picture.

But OP wasn't talking about it like its a problem, he was asked about his relationships and he gave an honest answer, he didn't go on a rant about >tfw no gf. So the laughter could not of been from the perspective you put it at.
>>
>>28273702
exactly why i dont know if i actually would benefit from therapy
>>
>>28274755
Does this work? Sounds spoopy but I live near my favorite country star Waylon Jennings' grave.

I'd like to talk to the ramblin man.
>>
>>28277357
Well to be fair wouldn't someone with legit social anxiety be too afraid to stand up for themselves?
>>
>>28277502
Nerp, he might just have said it in a killingspree supermad way and then fucking ripped the normies throats apart

Am I the only one getting extremely fucking mad about OPs story (as in sympathizing with him)? I have irregular heartbeat from all the anger
>>
not the same exactly but when I went to an intensive stuttering therapy program in another state I was depressed that everyone there talked fine and was also more attractive than me. only one was near my level, a much older woman, from another country where she'd probably seen some shit.

then we're altogether watching this video of children and adults with serious stutters, the kind where people laugh and think you might be retarded. one clip was an adult man in a grocery line stuttering badly and people thinking he was special. it stung because I related to the people in the video instead of anyone in the room I was in. shortly after I broke down crying and have never had any kind of speech therapy again.
>>
>"Why don't you want to participate in that aspect of life?"

>"Why don't you want to participate"

>"YOU'RE THE PROBLEM, IT'S SO EASY YOU'D HAVE TO ACTIVELY CHOOSE NOT TO!"

Just leave at that point. Ditch the therapist too.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (10 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
10 KB, 250x249
>not self prescribing cheap as fuck benzos through internet because shrinks are pricks
>get sent to rehab for 3 months with 3-4 daily therapy sessions
>rehab shrink is mentally unstable cat lady with no kids says i legitimately need them one week
>gets mad at me for a petty comment
>pulls me off the next, sending me into a tailspin for a year
>entire year spent not sleeping and shaking in social situations
>therashits all normies and chiding me "lol y dont u have gf anon ur missing out lol ur so great"

>a year later, back on self prescribed benzos and life is once again bearable, becoming crypto normie again
>all my normieshit therapists who i see occasionally comment how good i look and on the brightness in my eyes again because i cant feel
>25, realize itll be this way forever

welp...
>>
>>28277636
The thing that gets me is isn't it obvious why someone with bad social anxiety would of never been in a relationship? Like what kind of therapist is seriously that stupid?
>>
>>28273350
What kind of social anxiety "symptoms" did those people even have if sex and relationships were normal to them?
>>
>>28274228
Fuck off shill, peddle your substandard services elsewhere
>>
>>28277606
I'm sorry you had to feel that anon.

I don't have stuttering but some people legitmately think I'm retarded.

A lot of times I mispronounce words a lot as well and people point out my mistake and made fun of me even more, going as far as telling people who weren't there to make fun of me.

I was also in special education classes so that made things 100x worse.

I don't want to live anymore.
>>
Oh it reminds me of that time I went to an Agoraphobia support group in an open wheat field. everyone told how totally anxious they were when they left home for a party xD
>>
>>28277678
no one with real social anxiety would go to a support group. that's contradictory. real sick people don't seek treatment, it's always the midly anxious/depressed normies who end up in those places
>>
>>28273350
People who go to college for Psychology are worthless pieces of shit.

The only adult (besides my mom) who gave me any decent advice and actually talked to me about my life problems was a guitar teacher. I later found out he had a reputation for giving advice and mentoring young men without fathers.

Fuck therapists.
>>
>>28273883
>shrooms or acid
>realizations

I'm talking to a literal retard!
>>
File: 44942607.jpg (516 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
44942607.jpg
516 KB, 700x990
>TFW freaking out over psychiatrist visit
>only 13 hours away now
>don't want to have to explain why I haven't been working in my GED
>seriously considering killing my self instead of going to the appointment

In the end I know I am too much of a pussy to an hero but goddamn am I fucking miserable right now. I just want all this shit to stop and live a peaceful life.
>>
Are you making this shit up?
Because I find it difficult to believe that a people are always out to get you and laughing in your face, especially at places like a social anxiety support group.

Maybe it did happen. Maybe there was an autist there who never developed a sense of tact.

But every time an anon tells a story about a therapist who can't understand the concept of social anxiety, it must be bullshit.

These are people who spend nearly every single day of their lives dealing with people who have more bizarre, embarrassing and niche problems than a person who can't get a relationship when they are only 22.

They have probably dealt with people who are 40 and never had a relationship.
So why on earth would they find a kid who hasn't had sex so strange?
>>
Was over 30 and in a class with mostly younger people where the exercise was to list three things that happened on a date. Everyone had dating experience. It was like it was inconceivable not to have it.

I have no idea what world everyone else is living in and nobody knows what world I live in either.
>>
My cousin never had a girlfriend until he was 25. He was bald, short, had no confidence, and had been abused by his mother.

He met a girl at grad school, married her, and today he is famous in South Africa as a missionary. He lives with his family there and is like worshipped.
>>
>>28277668
I've heard true rehabs are shitty as hell. I went to the psych ward for mental health and drug issue, and it was pretty comfy. Also, it's comically irresponsible to take a benzo addict off them cold turkey. If she took you off benzo's completely without a safe taper, you should register a complaint with the state medical board, because that's practically malpractice.

I know how you feel about the self prescribing. Now that I'm back on heroin I'm no longer suicidal, and I'm approaching life more constructively than I have in a long time. Hell, I'm looking into colleges again. And I don't know if I'll ever kick this, because I don't know if I'll ever find a superior alternative.
>>
>>28277723
I'm sorry you go through that too. Feeling like less of a person, like not even a real person at all, it's something no one should have to experience. To me it feels like I never really existed, like I never had a voice.
>>
>>28277823
I would guess the therapist in the support group would indeed know how to deal with people like OP and worse. The problem is the other patients are a different story. They do not have to act polite at the support group. Thus some immature person/'s at the group made fun of OP.

Or the entire thing never happened and OP just imagined the whole thing because he may in fact be quite mad.
>>
>>28273350
I genuinely find that hard to believe.
>>
>>28277811
For the last time, psychiatrists and therapists are not the same thing. All the psychiatrist does is nod at you a few times then prescribe drugs, which you can either take the prescriptions for or say no. If there's a medication you're interested in, you can bring it up. You don't need to talk about anything you don't want to. It's not their job to give a shit.
>>
>>28277927
I feel like that is a problem at outpatient programs and support groups like that. What I liked about inpatient was that there was a level of camaraderie among the insane, whereas at the aforementioned programs, the groups get socially dominated by normalfucks.
>>
>>28277473
I'd say no, personally. Doctor asked me to go to one after I got anxiety pills, the lady was 49-50 yr old that had a condescending "oh I see, yeah.... sure" type attitude, like I was lying about something and she was catching on. What the other anon said hit the nail on the head, theyre middle-class assholes from comfy lives that suspect everyone is a hypochondriac or just pretending for pills. I really hated it, tbqh.
>>
>>28277941
People laugh all the time. Maybe it was an awkward or uncomfortable that just came out. Either way, I don't doubt OP's story.
>>
>>28277973
I don't think I could ever go to a outpatient support group like OP did. The thought terrifies me so much I am shaking just thinking about it.
>>
>>28277941
idk, I do too, but remember that these support groups are usually filled with normies.
>>
>>28273350
OP your only hope is begin training for monkhood, you already have the celibacy part down and thats the hard part for most
>>
>>28277997
After my experiences with outpatient I don't think I'm ever doing it again.
>>28277991
>pretending for pills
So were you seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist?
>>
File: pepe-and-wojak-who-was-that-man.jpg (181 KB, 1140x1600) Image search: [Google]
pepe-and-wojak-who-was-that-man.jpg
181 KB, 1140x1600
>>28273350
Chances are you're the only person there with genuine social anxiety, how could people suffer from such a condition if they are able to obtain sex?

Fucking normalfags thinking they have issues to complain about.
>>
File: 1424845823854.jpg (165 KB, 530x640) Image search: [Google]
1424845823854.jpg
165 KB, 530x640
>>28274228
>>28274324
>>28274359
>>28274368
>>28274487
>>28277281
>>28277823
>>28277941

I don't think OP is just being an attention seeker or a self-victimizer.

I'm not saying that OP is telling the complete truth and everyone ganged up and laughed at him in reality.

But here is the thing about social anxiety.
As you look back on each interaction, your perception gets warped.
Each smile turns into loud, cruel laughter in your face. Each sidewards glance turns into a stare of disgust and malice. Each person whispering something to each other turns into loud scolding in your direction. Each act of niceness turns into an obliged act of pity done by someone who hates your guts.

Social anxiety is the very real feeling of the whole world being disgusted by your presence, no matter how irrational it is.

Maybe the people at the group didn't all double over in laughter, laughing at anons misfortune, but they may as well have. It feels just the same.

That being said, OP shouldn't abandon the group sessions. And anyone looking for help shouldn't be put off by stories like this.
>>
>>28274755
>>28277485
No it doesn't work you fucking hippy.
It's you being retarded enough to fool yourself into thinking someone else who is actually you is giving you advice

Literally jus b urself except with dude weed lmao added onto it
>>
I would have stood up and walked out
>>
>>28273350
Have you noticed how "therapist" is one spacebar hit away from becoming "the rapist" ? I can't unsee it now.
>>
>>28277885
i found morphine works better for me
>>
>>28277485
Don't take them in a fucking graveyard, fuck. Take them in your comfy house or in a nice piece of nature
>>
>>28278142
that is because they rape your wallet
>>
>>28273350
Is this a copypasta? Because I've seen multiple threads about this shit.
>>
>>28278126
Walking out of therapy feels kind of nice sometimes, though the only time I did it I made an ass of myself.
>>
>>28278222
Greentext?

?92329?][][]=-==
>>
>>28278158
Yeah, opiates are superior to benzo's, I won't deny that. I'm on heroin as speak.
>>
>>28277823
I can believe there are some unprofessionals working in therapy.

I sought therapy because I'm anxious about my (low) intellect. Had one therapist burst out laughing when I told him about my anxious habit for when I breath. I often have a narrow and blocked nasal passage so I have to resort to breathing with my mouth, but I'm also worried someone might see me mouth breathing and think I'm literal mouthbreathing retard, so I kinda keep a hand over my lips to veil it. It's probably funny for the average person here but fuck I didn't expect it from him.
>>
>>28277636
don't just ditch make a complaint that kind of "y don't u hav a gf anon just b urslf" bullshit has no place coming out a psychotherapists mouth in a clinical setting
>>
>>28278250
morphine is generally safer to buy and use though
>>
>>28278091
This is actually a good point
>>
>>28278261
i have nasal polyps and breathed through my mouth whole life. nobody notices
>>
>gp sends me to see psychiatrist
>tell him i hear a voice in my head
>often feel like killing myself
>raped repeatedly when i was ~5 and think about it every day
>have bursts of anger and feel like im gonna end up hurting someone one day

>hmm.... why dont you come back in 2 months and we'll see how youre feeling
>>
I tried a support group.
Eventually people just kept using me as their goal. I stopped going after one person said they wished they could take a picture of me and hang it on their wall as motivation.
>>
>>28278247
I've told this several times, so I apologize if anyone here has already seen it and wishes I would stop repeating myself.

>in the psych ward for suicidal ideation and benzo withdrawal
>so far things have mostly been okay
>new patient shows up
>she's detoxing from opiates and benzo's
>try to be nice to her and sort of welcome her to the ward because I know some of what she's going through, and being institutionalized makes me more social than I'd ever be in the outside world
>she obviously feels shitty because she's detoxing, but she doesn't seem bothered by anything I did
>next day, waiting in the med line
>try to make conversation with her
>she flips out on me, yells at me saying no one wants to talk
>figure okay, fuck it, if she wants to be a bitch, she can
>10 seconds later she smiles and gives me two thumbs up, as if she was trying to apologize
>in process group an hour later
>everyone is talking about what sort of things they felt caused their problems
>the new girl and a few other girls are talking about their histories of family caused trauma
>I'm keeping my mouth shut because I have nothing to contribute, and for some reason I have this vibe that the new girl is going to pounce on me
>one of the therapists points out that I haven't been saying much, and asks whether I've had similar experiences
>say that I don't, and that's why I hadn't been talking, because I didn't want to try to enter into a comparison like that
>fucking counselor asks me to go into what I think has helped cause my issues anyway
>reluctantly say that I don't really know, but I don't genetics have played a role in some way because I have family histories of mental illness and addiction
>immediate after I finished saying that, the new girl jumps in and says "I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't say this, but that sounds like a cop out to me. You keep blaming it on the genetics, that's all you use to explain it, and that seems like a cop out to me."
>Fucking lose it
Part 1/2
>>
ITT people in denial that he got laughed at. Even among people with problems people will look down on others to feel better. It's human nature
>>
>>28278412
Sorry for the unjustifiably long greentext.
>about to start screaming at this cunt
>say "Yeah, okay, that's it. I'm gone.", quickly pick up some but not all of my stuff, and speed walk out of the room back to mine.
>start angrily pacing and muttering to myself
>start smashing the wall as hard as I can with my fist
>say "fuck you" under my breath, then involuntarily scream "FUCK YOU"
>keep fistfighting the concrete wall
>I lose the fight
>claw my shoulder with my fingernails as hard as I can
>punch the wall some more
>one of the counselors comes in, tries to calm me down unsuccessfully
>gives me a fucking stress ball
>ask for some kind of meds, say "I need something, i don't care what. I'll take fucking thorazine.", she tells me that if I'm still agitated in an hour they'll get the psych to write me a PRN for something
>now that I have the stress ball, I violently hurl it at the wall as hard as I can over and over again, tear it to pieces while pacing
>punch the wall some more
>eventually get Seroquel, calm down some, but barely
>skip lunch
>eat dinner once everyone else finished
>eating a snack in the dining room just a little while before it closes
>another girl comes in and talks to me, calms me down a bit, tells me that everyone isn't annoyed at me/mocking me the way I thought they were, and that the first girl was really unjustified in saying what she did

If she hadn't calmed me down some then, I was seriously considering trying to kill myself my breaking my glasses and using the glass to try to slit my wrists. But yeah, that's my longwindered, retarded, faggy therapy freak out story.
>>
>>28278261
That's a really shitty therapist, if he worked at a larger practice or in some kind of community setting, you should've registered a complaint. I'm sorry you went through that shit, a lot of low intelligence people get therapy, and if the fucking therapists can't handle respectfully delivering it without being cunts, they're sort of fucked. All this shit just makes me more and more glad that I got sent to such a good psych ward. We had who was technically mentally retarded, and the staff treated him well even though he sometimes flipped out and got incredibly pissed off.
>>
>>28278494
You know anon I don't think you're that crazy.
Sometimes I want to freak out at some fucking cunts too. But I don't because its not acceptable to. But I think if I were in a place like that, I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd yell at anyone.
Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>28278603
Yeah, I know I'm not that crazy, though I was entirely convinced I was until that second girl talked me down. If she didn't have a boyfriend I would've probably gotten romantically interest in her. Well, the boyfriend killed himself or something, but she's gone now anyway. And I'm an ugly fuck anyway who she never would've been interested in.
>>
File: 1426765198756.jpg (89 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
1426765198756.jpg
89 KB, 467x453
>>28273350
Unload on those cunts.
>>
File: top.png (56 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
top.png
56 KB, 225x225
My therapist also recommended this kind of a support group like 4 times. Answers were no, I don't want to, I really seriously don't want to, and finally

>If anyone was healthy enough to want to go to a support group full of people, they wouldn't need the support group

I'm not sure if the idea of the paradox shut her up, or if 4 is the approved number of times they're allowed to bug you about the same thing, but she no longer asks
>>
>>28273350
>>"why not anon? Why don't you want to participate in that aspect of life"

you're supposed to go somewhere you aren't being judged. this is some malpractice bullshit
>>
>>28279006
To be fair, just because that was the therapist's first assumption doesn't mean he would have judged him for not being able to get one.

It sounds like the other patients assumed correctly, whereas the therapist was trying to be more diplomatic, so it really only reflects badly on them. Lots of therapists are shitty, but OP's anecdote doesn't prove that his is one of them. The group, though, is obviously cancerous.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.