[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dancing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 1458107449855.gif (401 KB, 430x640) Image search: [Google]
1458107449855.gif
401 KB, 430x640
Is there any normie activity more repulsive, degrading, and all-around humiliating than dancing? It's just spastic wriggling around that would get you labeled psychotic in any other circumstance.

I try to fake being normie in day-to-day life, but I draw the line at dancing. I would resist doing it even at gunpoint, and I've had standoffs with normies on multiple occasions over my refusal to do it, to the point of causing scenes. But I still stand my ground on this issue.

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: stop.jpg (40 KB, 137x234) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
40 KB, 137x234
Dancing has bee and can be great, normie "dancing" though, is just about as shit-tier as anything you'd expect from normies
>>
>>28272579
I wouldn't do any kind of dancing under any circumstances. It's a degradation to the very foundation of what it is.
>>
>>28272651
I refuse to ever sing with the same intensity, but I'm not disgusted by other people doing it as long as I don't know them personally.
>>
>>28272528

It's fun and it's just biology.

You sound like a ton of fun at parties.
>>
>>28272678
>You sound like a ton of fun at parties.
Do you honestly think that's even a viable insult on /r9k/?
>>
>>28272745
>do you have any other reasoning besides the fact it looks bad to you?

It's like you're exposing yourself too much to everyone around you. It's vulgar. I know you won't understand it but that's just how it is.

Imagine you woke up in an alternate universe where everything was just like it is here, except from time to people drop their pants, shit into their hand, and eat it. This is considered perfectly natural, and you're a freak for not participating. No matter how much you may want to fit in, you just can't bring yourself to publicly eat shit like that.
>>
File: 1450060739232.gif (1 MB, 636x550) Image search: [Google]
1450060739232.gif
1 MB, 636x550
>>28272894
>standing up for your anti-dancing principle is respectable
Thanks, Anon. Those scenes I mentioned in the OP were a bit awkward, but I still wouldn't change anything I did, and I still feel proud of them.

>a few years ago
>at a summer music camp for latin jazz
>they decide to bring in an instructor for some kind of latin dancing
>stand aside and don't participate during the lesson
>the instructor is actually pretty cool about it, doesn't give me any shit
>after the lesson they have a band start playing and tell everyone to go dance
>I find a couch to sit on and just listen to the music
>people keep asking me what's wrong, they can't believe me when I say nothing
>three friends surround me
>one girl begging me to come dance with her
>steadfastly refuse all of them
>they grab me and try to physically pull me out of the seat and onto the dance floor
>I put up a good fight but there's three of them so they start inching me forward by sheer strength
>eventually a camp counselor tells them to leave me alone
>>
File: dancing ran.gif (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dancing ran.gif
90 KB, 300x300
You can't tell me you don't move your body when you're alone and get really into a song you like.

I'm too socially awkward to dance around people or go to clubs or whatever, but dancing in itself is fun.
>>
>>28272528
Oh yes this feel, I know it. You are not alone.

Dancing to me has always seemed to a bizarre, animalistic activity . The ONLY dancing that seems somewhat acceptable is a fancy slow waltz. I'm too white an autistic for any other kind, especially the "shake ur booty to jungle beats" flavor.
>>
>>28272528
I'm the same way. there is nothing more exposing than dancing
>>
>>28273113
>You can't tell me you don't move your body when you're alone and get really into a song you like.
I really don't.
>>
>>28273113
I do when I'm drunk and alone. I know I look like an idiot because I have a mirror that lets me know. I also like watching other people dance, I can appreciate skill. I will just never ever of my own volition dance
>>
File: dancing loli.gif (2 MB, 422x409) Image search: [Google]
dancing loli.gif
2 MB, 422x409
>>28273157
Huh.
I wonder if ths is pathological. I'm sure there's a fancy term for an aversion this extreme to something as natural as dancing.
Do you enjoy music in general? Do you ever get "lost" in music. If so it's almost comical, imagining some guy totally into a song, yet he doesn't move at all.
>>
>>28273237
>Do you enjoy music in general?
Yes, I love music. In high school I played saxophone and was the top player in my school, and also played in a regional band and was in the top five players of my age in the state. It was a huge part of my life for many years, though I stopped playing in college and now mainly just listen.
>>
what a bunch of autists, dancing to a song you like is probably one of the best feels in this world desu
>>
>>28273113
I just start shaking my knee up and down.
>>
>>28273278
That's genuinely funny. When you see sax players they're generally moving with the music beyond what would be required to play the instrument, but you'd just stand/sit there unmoving? Must have been some sight.

If I were you I'd look into it from a medical/psychological angle. Not because there's anything wrong with you or your aversion, it just seems really interesting. To be this invested into music yet totally disconnected from dancing is unique.
>>
>>28272528
Dancing is fun as fuck though, who cares if normies do it?
>>
>>28272678
>it's just biology

Is this a thinly veiled "just b urself" you fucking sonovabitch?
>>
>>28273424
>Is this a thinly veiled "just b urself"
Of course it is. Normies are literally incapable of comprehending anything different from themselves, to the point where they think you're some kind of scientific anomaly if you don't conform. See >>28273357
>>
>>28273615
>to the point where they think you're some kind of scientific anomaly if you don't conform

In this case this is probably the case though.
Also I'm pretty far from normie.
>>
>>28273357
not him but I do "feel" the music, I move to it, and let me tell you it looks cringe as fuck

basically I just bounce up and down and roll my shoulders

I also played an instrument so I am not musically challenged
>>
>>28273664
Being what others would consider a shitty dancer is something very different from what OP is describing. He seems to not move to rhythym at all.
>>
>>28273659
>>28273357
No, it makes perfect sense that someone who loves music would play an instrument and never dance. The instrument filters your vulgar humanity out of the music and leaves only pure expression.
>>
>>28273698
well maybe he has the 'tism
>>
>>28273717
But great musicians and composers all danced, from ancient to modern times.
Dance is expression as well.
>>
Take 300 mg of pure MDMA. Listen to your favorite music. You will dance.

Also: some Chad advice. Everyone thinks dancing is stupid. It's just a prelude to getting close to a girl so you can whisper and kiss.
>>
>>28273787
And we don't remember them for their dancing, only their music.

Rolling around in shit could be considered a form of expression as well, that doesn't mean it's a worthwhile form.
>>
>>28273811
>Take 300 mg of pure MDMA

That's a big dose

for you
>>
File: suwako no no no.jpg (197 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
suwako no no no.jpg
197 KB, 550x550
>>28273824
I'm starting to think you just have a stick up your ass. This sounds more less like someone not feeling the impulse to dance and more like someone denying that impulse to feel better about himself.
Boring.
>>
>>28273811
>Also: some Chad advice. Everyone thinks dancing is stupid. It's just a prelude to getting close to a girl so you can whisper and kiss.
I'm not willing to sacrifice my humanity just to get access to a wet hole. Just because you put so little value on yourself, doesn't mean I will do the same.
>>
>>28272528
Yeah I hate dancing too

but I still want to fuck that robot
>>
>>28273914
like pottery. Unable to comprehend someone being different, you come up with some explanation involving them just willfully pretending to be different but really they're just like us normies all along.
>>28273615
>>
File: 1347455213391.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1347455213391.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>28272528
>mfw i know what that gif is from
>>
>>28273957
Well that's the more likely explanation. Especially considering the attitude of OP. Everyone has things they don't do and don't see the appeal in, not everyone goes to these lengths to justify what is a rather trivial difference as more worthwhile and everything else as "rolling around in shit".
>>
>>28273957
He doesn't dislike him for not being a normie, you fucking idiot.

I despise normies and still loves to dance, it triggers my feel-good chemicals. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but dancing is in no way restricted to being a "normie thing".
>>
>>28274062
It's about as normie as you can get without having sex.
>>
>>28274103
So is breathing, eating, shitting.
>>
>>28274103
If I dance while I'm listening to music on headphones, at home, by myself, how in the everloving fuck is that normie, you idiot? Do you not know what "fun" is?
>>
>>28274149
It doesn't matter if there are people around or not, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID.
>>
i love dancing to my music, but i couldnt stand to do it around others

the only time i do it around others is when im totally high off my ass, and then that just reinforces my desire, because i make a total fool of myself
>>
>>28273811
I actually like dancing but people think I'm a faggot so I guess my opinion is invalid
>>
>>28272528
I know that feel. It happens with singing too. I have tried to do both but I do not enjoy it. I do enjoy moving my body in front of a mirror, but it is not dancing...it is more like me listening to some music while I appreciate my body (I am fit and vain as fuck).

That is why I prefer small gatherings with our drugs of choice when it comes to social encounters.
>>
>>28272528
This is a feel I can get behind. I fucking hate dancing. I'm not even a jaded asshole like a lot of you guys who hates all normies. I'm a cyborg and can function fine as a normie, but I think dancing is fucking cancer. It's awkward to watch people do it and it's a stupid concept. I even went to prom two times, and I didn't dance either time - just sat at our table and ate food and talked to people.

I understand dancing for artistic purposes, and stuff like ballet, salsa, waltzing, etc., but going into a fucking club or school dance and jerking your body around is the dumbest, least self-aware thing one can do. Everybody just looks like they're making a fool of themselves and trying way too hard to literally peacock themselves for the opposite sex.

>hey anon, don't just stand there like a weirdo! Dance!
>FUCK YOU, I DON'T WANT TO JOIN YOUR STUPID ANIMAL RITUAL AND DANCE TO YOUR SHITTY JEW MUSIC THAT WAS LITERALLY PRODUCED TO MAKE PEOPLE TO DO THIS, REEEEEEEE
>>
Dancing is the shittiest normie activity I can think of. I wouldn't even be able to force myself to dance I have no idea how people even fucking do it.
>>
"club" dancing is sick and ugly, and the people who do it are usually the same, at least on the inside

however, some dances are fucking cool as shit
case in point
https://youtu.be/-qZ3gHhw7NU?t=184
if you want to see a bunch of melanin enriched gentlemen engaging in a dancing "war"
its pretty fucking outrageous
>>
>>28272528
What if it's some super faggy form like tap dancing?
>>
Dancing's only fun on Molly and speed
>>28272678
Epin reddit insult
>>
>>28272528
>he doesn't let the music take control of his body
Id rather be normie than pleb tbqhwy, lad.
>>
>>28272678
>ton of fun at parties

Poor choice of words friend
>>
>>28273351
>doing various reload moves from vydia games
>>
File: 1434060336296.png (225 KB, 936x1000) Image search: [Google]
1434060336296.png
225 KB, 936x1000
>all the people in this thread complaining about the "normie" activity of dancing
>even among the lowest of the low, the dregs of society, /r9k/ still listens to and actively enjoys music as though it's the most normal aspect of human life

Who /amusia/ here? It's like there's an entire second language everyone knows about but you and you can only ever learn about it from a technical perspective.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.