[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love is not real. It is chemicals from the brain.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: loveischemicals.jpg (11 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
loveischemicals.jpg
11 KB, 480x342
Love is not real. It is chemicals from the brain.
>>
>>28271663
everything you've ever seen or experienced in you life is chemicals in you brain you edgy cunt
>>
File: 1448413250357.jpg (114 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1448413250357.jpg
114 KB, 480x608
Hypocrite that you are.
>>
>>28271663
Chemicals from the brain are not real, they're just photons of light.
>>
>>28271692
Thank you, I was waiting for someone to post that.
>>
This is true. The initial love phase is like going crazy. It's like a drug high.

That's why you need to pick someone you're actually friends with and enjoy hanging out with, because when the drug chemicals fade and you come down from the clouds you're going to want someone who isn't an awful person
>>
>>28271716
holy shit! things are gettin' interesting here!
>>
you only say that based on our current understanding of science and the brain

we know nothing about how anything works

several hundred years in the future we will look back on our current ideas and laugh, as we do now to the ideas of the past
>>
File: Layer 1.png (233 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Layer 1.png
233 KB, 499x499
if this supreme gentleman cannot then why try
>>
Our every perception, our very consciousness is the result of chemical reactions and electrical impulses, no? Does it mean life itself is not real? Is it a bunch of bullshit or am I inching closer to the truth?

/sci/ bls, existential crisis inbound
>>
Nothing is "real" and feelings are arbitrary. Accept that what you experience is completely subjective and learn to create your own meaning in that experience.

I'm so completely dissociated from my self to the point that I feel like an observer of my own life. I have no emotional attachment to anything tangible anymore. Fantasy and the abstract is all I care about. I experience reality as just another facet of my inner realm.

It's ok.
>>
>>28272150
that idea is based on your current understanding of science

we cant truly know anything about how things "actually" are

this existence may simply be a projection of another
>>
>>28271663
You are obviously underage and need to leave
The average person will have independently thought of and resolved/stopped caring about the issue of materliasm by 14
>>
>>28272390
>growing up means denying reality
just keep telling yourself that to rationalize muh feelings
>>
>>28272431
>rationalize muh feelings
What exactly about knowing the origins of your feelings as being chemicals devalues them? Everything has a physical explananation in some way, even if we can't understand it perfectly. That doesn't mean that the experience of it is some how not real because the explanation of what causes it is somehow not satisfactory for you.
By your logic drinking a cup of coffee doesn't really make you feel more alert because it's just caffeine
>>
>after lovey-dovey chemicals fade it's like having a sibling that you can also have sex with
>feels weird as shit after you realize that's the closest analogous relationship
>>
>>28272620
because you can then work against them, and eventually dominate them. i haven't felt anything in years. It's a bit weird at first, but it relieves you of any worry. i could be homeless, and i almost am at this point, and i wouldn't mind. It would just be another thing happening to the world of my shell.
>>
>>28272864
I'm sorry but I really don't see how any of that has to do with what I posted. I'm not even saying you're wrong, I would just like you to explain what you mean more
>>
We are observers of our own "life". We dont "change" anything. Everything we do and think is caused by other actions and information perceived, ultimately its like watching a movie, but you are not actually watching because the process of watching is in the movie itself.
this is my thread
>>
>>28272896
he can't because he's an idiot and his perception of the world is lacking
>>
>>28272390
Stopped carring here. I have completely come to the terms that my existance is either fake or meaningless so its best to just do what makes me feel good.
>>
File: tumblr_no0nxr7Owh1ur3ib6o1_250.png (18 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no0nxr7Owh1ur3ib6o1_250.png
18 KB, 250x167
>>28271663
>all of you guys still "believing" there is free will...
>>
>>28271692
We require the chemical responses in our brain to interpret information for us, therefore we can tell when things are askew. The ability for the idea presented by mickey to donald in that image is proof of that. If it wasn't humanity would be a hivemind. If I am a hypocrite than you are ignorant.
>>
>>28271663
But chemicals are real
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.