[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: 1458765818808.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1458765818808.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
How are you hanging in there?
>>
File: 1457322043040.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1457322043040.png
34 KB, 470x512
>>28271586

Every day is a new hell.
>>
>>28271621
hey, at least you got a sick beard bruh
>>
>>28271621

every time I think it can't get any worse it gets 10x worse
>>
>just turned 26

not good man
>>
>go on date
>thought it went great, first date in years that i wanted to see again
>text her next day to ask for second date
>no response

how long do i wait before i give up hope?
>>
>>28271762

No good man, not good.
>>
>>28271762
5 years ago

origtbh
>>
>>28271762

30 minutes to an hour
>>
>>28271788
>>28271802
>>28271807

like, how hard is a one line 'thanks but no thanks' at our age? just ghosting someone like this is some high school shit
>>
>turning 26 in a month
Good news is, I'm no longer suicidal. I'm just apathetic towards everything, I think I went for weeks without says a single word out loud and changing my facial expressions.
>>
>>28271834
do you even want to be with someone like that?
>>
>>28271762
I know this feel, girls just want to keep up appearances to seem nice, then just disappear after that and act like nothing happened

One of the reasons I don't even fucking try anymore
>>
>>28271834

high school never ends for women.
>>
>>28271834

She probably doesn't have the heart to text that, would rather just ignore

>>28271841

Keep trucking, every day you don't kill yourself you're winning. We can't let them win, we gotta keep going.
>>
>>28271586
>One year off finishing degree, but procrastinating
>Currently living overseas with gf
>Teaching English, might travel some more depending on how our money goes

It goes alright.
>>
>>28271887

Where are you teaching english and how did you land that?
>>
Honestly, I hate life, but there's no point in wallowing in self pity until I'm dead. Already know I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself. Currently have autopilot engaged in regards to my career (easy as fuck job that gives me the hours I need to be a journeyman). Pay is shit, but if I'm still alive I can make big boy bucks when in a few years.

Good luck robots.
>>
File: 407851_m730_____1.jpg (39 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
407851_m730_____1.jpg
39 KB, 700x525
I'm about to crack. I'm going to start an account on a dating site soon. They're all shit, I know, but I'm getting nowhere. I have everything I want except a gf. Does r9k have any recommendations on the least shittiest dating site?
>>
>>28271965

They're all shit, like everything else on the internet nowadays.
>>
>>28271934
Brazil. I did a course before I went, online with a 2-day workshop. Got a job here pretty quickly, there are heaps of english schools & being a native speaker puts you at the top of their lists.
>>
26 recently here

life is awesome, don't be fags
>>
>>28271621
This tbo. Every day is worse than the last. My apperance is declining and my future is during darker.
>>
don't take the whole no response as a rejection/failure.. it was a first date and she didn't feel a connection so just move on to the next one. it gets easier, hang in there.
>>
Its just such a hard pill to swallow that this is what real life is for the majority. We were lied to in school.
>>
>>28271965
Badoo seems the best. For some reason in my area there are like 10 girls to 1 guy
>>
>>28271965
facebook.
cold open with random nearby girls. I had a normie friend who did this and had pretty decent success.
Plus it gives you access to tinder.
Fuck okstupid and plenty of whales. They are wastelands.
>>
I've got about 4 and a half months left to live.
I'm going to go on a vacation in the next couple of weeks for a while then I'll probably get a shitty job just to build up a little cash and quit when I get back.

Sorry guys, but your normie world is absolute garbage and filth and I have no intention of being a part of it. Fuck you and your shitworld. 26 years was more than long enough to realize this.
>>
>>28272147
I'm convinced at least 40% of these are shills and fake accounts.
The disparity of hot girls between it and tinder is absolutely insane. Either there was a mass migration of hot girls from tinder to badoo or they put up fake profiles to keep it interesting.
And since no one ever talks about badoo on things like yak or snap or yeti around here I'm leaning towards fake accounts.
>>
File: organizized-taxi-driver.jpg (31 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
organizized-taxi-driver.jpg
31 KB, 600x306
>>28271586
27, the years pass over and over, one year into the next, a long continuous chain...(but there is no change)
>>
File: 1447485284223.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
1447485284223.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1144
I think all my drinking and drug abuse is catching up with me.
>went into the kitchen to make popcorn
>warmed up some butter to put on top
>added a bit of salt
>can't find my popcorn spoon
>it's a special spoon I use for popcorn because its shape is perfect for it
>I could swear I put it down next to the bowl but it's gone
>I spent half an hour tearing apart my kitchen looking for it
>gave up and grabbed my bowl
>got downstairs
>bowl is just salt and butter because I forgot to make my popcorn
Help me.
>>
>How are you hanging in there?

>25 years old.
>Going back to Uni, different major, different school. Start in a few weeks for Summer term.
>Don't talk to anyone that isn't my family. Don't even have a phone.
>Have about $6k in the bank, live with parents, and quit wageslave work over a month ago.
>I most definitely look the best I ever have in my life, but it's useless as I've developed an odd melancholic aversion towards personally meeting or connecting with anyone other than for professional prospects and/or job opportunities.
>Recently discovered I'm sole beneficiary on my parents assets and savings/stocks when they die. My sisters get nothing. It amounts to over $300k and includes a house and 2 cars fully paid off.
>Over 3 years of sobriety; rehabilitated alcoholic. Also quit weed, pills, and cigarettes.

Could be worse, m8s.
>>
>>28271586
Turning 25 this year. I'm considering buying a ton of lsd and trying to self induce psychosis. I just don't see any colour in life anymore.
>>
Any older brobots find that drinking alcohol to excess has longer term effects than when younger?

For instance, if i go out really hard, i am feeling the after effects mentally for 2-3 days (difficulty concentrating and not as sharp mentally), when i would almost always rebound in half a day when i was younger
>>
I am 32 and had a mental breakdown several months ago. Had to quit job and move back home. Nothing but hell ever since. You 20 somethings better buckle up. It does not get better.
>>
>>28272410

The future looks bright, good luck m8.
>>
File: drink pepe.jpg (15 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
drink pepe.jpg
15 KB, 600x434
I'm gonna get on bux
>>
>>28272465
I turned into a pussy when I hit 24. I can't drink anywhere near as much as I used to without puking. I can't drink straight whiskey without feeling like I'm gonna puke. I can't get as fucked up as I used to, and hangovers lay me the fuck out.
Maybe it's because my health has deteriorated as well. I basically stopped exercising when I hit 22.
>>
>>28272481
>mental breakdown
What happened?
>>
>>28271586
35 and ok, I guess.

Wageslaving remains a pointless existence, but I have been able to return to some forms of escapism like RPGs and movies lately, which I had previously lost interest in. Maybe my depression is fading, somewhat.
>>
File: rylance-sad.png (1 MB, 1361x567) Image search: [Google]
rylance-sad.png
1 MB, 1361x567
27 about to be 28 here

My life isn't too bad. I got a terrible job I hate, and no GF. But I used to be really depressed about being a loser. But now I'm mostly okay with it. I get depressed every now and then, but it passes.

I feel like I'm halfway between a normie and a robot. Maybe skizotypal. I've never had a girlfriend, but I've gotten close to having sex with normal girls (made out with a handful of girls, fingered a few others, no BJ or intercourse tho).

The good news: Over the past decade of my life, I've gotten better at talking to girls. And I've matured as a person -- which girls seem to be into. But I still can't make that next step to forming a relationship.

I have had sex with hookers on 5+ occasions.

I'm hoping I will continue to get better and my 30s will be my peak. If not, I'll isolate myself from friends/family, write a nice note so they don't blame themselves and an hero.
>>
Now that I'm in my 30's I feel like I'm just faking being an adult. I know a lot of other people are, and it just genuinely makes me wonder how the world even continuous to fucking work sometimes.

>>28272465
Depends on how heavily I drink. First time I have a drink in a while hangover from hell even if it were like 2-3 beers. If I been drinking and built up my tolerance I feel like no matter what I'm drinking was like 2-3 beers I can't get any drunker until I hit that clumsey fuck drunk stage where I'm falling over puking or the room is spinning. I'm really starting to hate drinking but I tend to do it to feel differently than I regularly do. Makes me want to avoid it knowing I feel bad and drink something I know is going to feel bad too but I just want to feel differently.
>>
>>28272465
>Any older brobots find that drinking alcohol to excess has longer term effects than when younger?

Yes, I stopped drinking because I got tired of the hangovers.

When I was younger all it took was a good night sleep and a big breakfast to set me back to normal.

Now, I feel like death for 2-3 days afterwards.

Not worth it. I'm miserable enough as it is.
>>
File: Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead.jpg (102 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead.jpg
102 KB, 500x600
>27
>havnt had sex in 4 years

where are my born again virgins at? it wasnt supposed to be this way..
>>
>>28271586
Not well.

31 year old alcoholic trapped in a job I hate with debt that just won't go away because I keep blowing my money on my stupid addictions.

I just don't see my situation getting any better now or in the distant future. Been really considering suicide lately. I don't really want to die but I've just become so tired of life.
>>
File: tfwdead.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tfwdead.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
>>28272558

>27
>6 years since any female physical contact
>>
File: 1365632875380.jpg (28 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
1365632875380.jpg
28 KB, 330x357
>>28272490

Thanks senpai, good luck to you too.
>>
>>28272558
>virgin up until 25
>had sex twice finally
>bad sex with 3/10s
>still consider myself a virgin at 26 because of the shame
>>
>>28272558

just over 2 years for me, but most of that time was self imposed, only in the past month have i really been trying to get back in to the dating scene
>>
File: 67.jpg (86 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
86 KB, 480x640
>21
>get engineering degree
>cant get job
>work shit retail jobs

>27
>still live with parents
>still paying student loans that never go down
>no social life
>no gf
>haven't had sex since college
>>
File: 1424789057208.png (545 KB, 1039x547) Image search: [Google]
1424789057208.png
545 KB, 1039x547
>26
>neet
>want to go back to school
>apply to 4 unis and 4 colleges
>all the universities/colleges in my area keep rejecting me for the last 4 consecutive years

When rejection letters arrive, I don't feel anything anymore.
>>
>>28271621
shit this wojak looks lit as fuck
>>
You fucking failed normies can even remember the last time you had sex.
Get out of here with this bullshit. I should be in bed by now I have work tomorrow.
>>
File: MaryElizabethWinstead.jpg (94 KB, 640x962) Image search: [Google]
MaryElizabethWinstead.jpg
94 KB, 640x962
>>28272594
>>28272617
>>28272637
>>28272638
M-maybe 2016 is our year bros, would probably help if I tried to get laid..
>>
File: 1462051539307.png (99 KB, 447x275) Image search: [Google]
1462051539307.png
99 KB, 447x275
>>28272527

Too many things at once, anon. Life was going nowhere. Got paranoid as hell thinking people were coming to get me. Work was extremely stressful. Constantly in mental and physical pain because of work. Had no free time, no friends or family nearby. Those are just a few examples I'm willing to share.

I've dealt with a lot of shit before but this is was by far the worst and it all hit at once.
>>
File: I accept it.jpg (79 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
I accept it.jpg
79 KB, 480x410
>>28272617
Been there. I didn't even cum after trying on three different occasions. I don't expect to ever be in a vagina again.

I bought an onahole and it's great. That's probably going to be my life from now until whenever/forever.
>>
Reply if you honestly never thought you'd be a complete loser. A cool loser maybe, but you'd have a degree, a job you like and maybe two non-related people who really care about you. Not the complete fuckup you are now.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-19.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-19.png
96 KB, 332x333
>>28272617
>ywn have sex with an average looking girl w/o a condom
life sucks
>>
>>28272773

I didn't realize until I was about 23.
>>
26 and i'm feeling pretty happy with myself

I have cartoons.
And i can flirt with 18 year olds on the internet and make each other feel important and wanted.
I can cook myself nice tasty things. I can listen to enjoyable music. I can watch and discuss the latest news with people online.

I'm jobless with no education. I guess i could become a security guard and just surf the internet from work.
I hate the concept of working. I hate how we have to do things for multicorporations for 8 hours a day. For those 8 hours you're putting shit that doesn't matter in your head. Unless you got a job that you love.
If a woman turns me down because of my low income she can go screw herself really.
>>
>>28272558
>31
>Been 6 years since I had sex with someone who wasn't a prostitute.

I know I'm no prize catch but seriously, I'm not that bad. I don't understand why I'm so unsuccessful with women.
>>
>>28272757
you are 32. 32 is old for a japanese image board. But in real life you are still young. You will probably live more than twice the age you have now.
Im 39 and having the time of my life. I'm literally happy.
Believe, it will get better, it always gets better.

Good luck for you
>>
>>28271586
Never got this shit.

Is:
>=25?
>25?
>>
>>28272773
Yeah I always knew I was a sperg, in highschool I had no friends but I was kinda smart. Smart enough to glide through with the minimum effort. I imagined I could at least get some office job, go to work and come back home to my apartment. Sure, I may have been alone but I could afford some things and maybe even travel and have hobbies that costed money. Maybe even know some people I could talk to once and awhile. I even dared to dream that a gf would be possible. Letting go to even these modest dreams is quite painful lads.
>>
>>28272773
I was extremely narcissistic so I actually thought I would be really successful. Maybe that's why my failure has hurt my self esteem so much. I have such a low sense of self worth now.
>>
Needing to get my shit together.
I am hoping that learning network security will give me a decen job that pays some of the old shekels.
I need to git gud at it too. I always feel an urge to do an outstanding perormance in every activity I undertake.
In computer security it is hard though, I have nearly no idea what is going on most of the time
>>
>>28272773
i thought i would have a engineering degree and would be pretty lonely overall but nothing compared to this

im fucking 26 and a NEET. what the fuck
>>
I am doing OK.

32 years old, I've never had a gf, and very recently had sex with an ugly, horrible hygiene internet girl. It was so awful and disgusting that it finally got the virginity/wizard monkey off my back for good. So now I'm just studying hard in school and taking care of myself. For now my finances are enough to survive on my own. No friends but that is fine I guess.

I suppose it's shit when I compare myself to normal people, but things could be a lot worse. So it doesn't feel totally terrible.
>>
i wish i wasn't mentally ill
>>
>>28272857
I know that feel. I even think I am somewhat attractive and sometimes girls look at me on the street. But I'm a huge sperglord around women, I go full ravioli in the pocketoli in presence of a lady.
So I've just given up on them because I don't need them anyway. I don't understand the stupid protocol of flirting and dating; I'd love it if things could be more straightforward though I'd probably fuck up as well which I have
>>
>>28272873

Thanks anon. I started browsing in 08 and for a couple years then left. Now I am back again and it's crazy to see lots of oldfags still around.
>>
>>28272355
Okay, never mind, it was tucked into my sock. I'm not sure why it was there or how I didn't notice it, but I had my popcorn spoon in my sock.
>>

finishing grad school, moving to a new city for a job

happy to be graduating with a job

job isn't great but it's not terrible

recovering alcoholic, been to the psych ward for suicidal threats

feeling better these days...the existential horror and panic and alcohol cravings are replaced by a numbness...

the drugs and alcohol stop working and then you have to change your attitude and get on antidepressants, and then you feel sort of cold-hearted enough to function in this crazy world

i have some hope for the future

but not a lot

again im better than i was at age 26 but nowhere near as happy as i was in my innocent years, like age 20 to 24
>>

I work part time and am addicted to synths.

Creative outlets keep me going. Confirmed loner but life is pretty funny, ogres can do pretty much whztever they want.
>>
>>28273281
>recovering alcoholic, been to the psych ward for suicidal threats

tfw don't even have someone to notice the warning signs or threats.

I'm so lonely.
>>
File: ein.jpg (511 KB, 1398x1404) Image search: [Google]
ein.jpg
511 KB, 1398x1404

Back when I was 25 I thought I had left the robot life, got a GF was feeling super optimistic about everything, moved in with her and had a decent place and job and that I was finally set.

>Not too long after moving in with her she turns out to be insufferable to live with and incapable of taking care of herself
>spend years putting up with her bullshit, promises to make things better but just keeps breaking promises/making things worse
>Over the next few years lose all my free time and money and become miserable
>other people keep giving the "advice" of "it gets better! just keep trying"
>Finally break up after I realize Ive wasted years of my life and untold amounts of money
>Now live alone in a tiny ass place but I'm actually happy and just don't give a shit anymore about what anyone thinks
>Finally can work on hobbies/art and am saving money for the first time in forever

Granted there are some things I missed about a GF but at the end of the day it just wasn't worth it and I have accepted that I am back to being robot.
>>
>>28271586
>tfw 20 next week

T-there's still time right bros?
>>
>>28273315

i don't have any advice for you, but i feel you

modern society is like a loneliness-generator

it's very hard to escape if you're not in a relationship

and relationships are their own form of loneliness

that's the worst part
>>
>>28273383
fuck off youngfag

sage
>>
File: 1429938177855.png (197 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
1429938177855.png
197 KB, 300x410
>>28273383

GET OFF MY THREAD NIGGER

NIGGER-LOVING UNDERAGE FAGGOT

GET OUT

GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28273383
Get the fuck off of this thread, off this board and do something with your life before it't too late you colossal faggot.

The only reason anyone under 25 should be in these threads is to research what not to do.
>>
>>28273315
I know that feel. I'm going to kill myself once my cat passes away. I've got no family to take care of him if I'm not around. So once he goes, I go, unless things get better. I'll probably go do it in a park or something late at night, so my landlady doesn't have to have my apartment cleaned. She's a nice woman. Maybe give someone on 4chan my steam account first.
>>
Going outside is pain. Every fucking time. It's like my brain is actively trying to kill me.

"Kill yourself. What are you giving up? Nothing. You can't even be around people. Kill yourself. That bridge should be high enough. If the fall doesn't kill you, you will drown anyway since you are a shit swimmer."

Fuck man I'm just trying to get some groceries.
>>
>>28273370
>Not too long after moving in with her she turns out to be insufferable to live with and incapable of taking care of herself

I see you fell for the cohabitation meme

Just fucking imagining some roastie living in the same space as me gives me chills
>>
>>28273370

Well at least you figured it out, anon. Just don't fall back into the trap again. I've sworn off relationshit forever now. Got burned bad the last time.

>Bitches and whores, etc.
>>
>>28273370

i have weeks where i am sure...just SURE i am climbing out and away from /r9k/...

and then the real world sinks its claws into me again and i come back

thank you all for being here for me

you help me go on
>>
>>28272544
what kind of work do you do m8
>>
>>28273453
How old is your cat?
>>
>>28273521
I'm not sure on the exact number because I can't remember how old I was when I got him. I turn 26 this summer, and I had him already in 2003 because my uncle died in May of that year and I had the cat already. But on top of that I got the cat in December, and he was 6 months old then. So he's at least 14 years old. I would guess 15 or 16.
>>
>>28272773
>tfw you had a few good friends but they all became SJWs and drifted away from you

It fucking hurts mates
>>
>>28273481
Yet another (of endless) concerns I have about imagining a gf is what we would do all day. In my mind, I need minimum 3/4 of the time by myself if not more. In my mind sex a few times a week + 30 minutes to 2 hours of together time a day is all can expect from me. This probably isn't reality...
>>
File: sad skele.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
sad skele.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
>Turning 25 in 3 months
>Finished college but have done nothing with my degree
>Too much of a bipolar sperglord to find a real job
>Lost all contact with everyone I knew from high-school
>Made absolutely no friends in college
>Lost virginity but no gf

I don't see shit improving
>>
>>28273602
whats your degree? is it useful
>>
>>28272773
>Reply if you honestly never thought you'd be a complete loser. A cool loser maybe, but you'd have a degree, a job you like and maybe two non-related people who really care about you. Not the complete fuckup you are now.
Yeah, this is exactly what I thought. But two drops to zero really fucking fast after 25, and if you don't have a worthwhile goal that's clearly achievable by then, you'll drop out of everything because you'll realize it's pointless, and when you realize that you should've done it even if it was pointless because now you can't do anything at all in life anymore it will be too late.
>>
File: 1437004389593.jpg (122 KB, 664x793) Image search: [Google]
1437004389593.jpg
122 KB, 664x793
>>28272465
I'm 26 almost 27. When I was younger (18-22) I could drink a stupid amount for someone my weight... I remember going to parties and getting completely tanked. (They weren't real parties, just a handful of equally fucked up guys, getting drunk in a basement. Sometimes we'd have 1 girl and she would usually be a hambeast.) I'd wake up, eat some greasy fast food, and go about my day.

I hardly drink anymore, maybe 5 or 6 times a year, and then I only have a few drinks. I'm not sure what happened but the hangovers are ten times worse. I'm out of commission for the entire day, usually rolling around in my bed with a pounding headache. Alcohol isn't worth it anymore, it's not even fun.

>>28272773
I have a degree and a jerb but no social life at all now. Everyone I knew became distant and I didn't make new friends to replace them. Never been in a relationship, zero intimacy.

When I was a teenager I was actually kind of cocky even though very little was going right in my life. I was bullied a lot, I was starting to develop social anxiety, and (obviously) girls didn't like me. Looking back on it I actually respect the younger me in some ways. I kept my chin up even though I was in a really shitty situation. I thought I was kind of cool. I had my own wigger style. I had hobbies I was actually really excited about. I thought I was a late bloomer or something and I was going to figure things out.

It wasn't until I hit 22 or so I realized I was fucked up, i.e. I had actual mental health issues, and things probably weren't going to get better. That was a shock for me. My confidence and optimism dropped like a rock. I kept going to school but I felt miserable, all the time, every single day. I was really worried and started having severe panic attacks. I've only improved a bit in that regard and it's only coping mechanisms.

>>28273383
Try to maintain a social life, that is really important. I don't think you need complicated advice. Just try to keep a few friends.
>>
>>28273614
Ag sciences so I'm assuming yes to some degree, I live in the mid-west.

But like I said, too autistic. Keep fucking up my interviews, no real internship experience or extracurricular bullshit just good grades. I'm just wired too differently.
>>
28 in two months. Haven't achieved nothing and the only solution I see is alcohol.
I've never have had interest in anime bullshit but currently I'm watching welcome to the nhk, and being honest I never thought I'd be so low in my life.
>>
Turning 27 soon. No job or boyfriend. I need to turn things around. Feeling very depressed.
>>
>>28273693
>Try to maintain a social life, that is really important. I don't think you need complicated advice. Just try to keep a few friends.

all my friends have basically drifted away

feels bad man
>>
>>28273709
>I've never have had interest in anime bullshit but currently I'm watching welcome to the nhk, and being honest I never thought I'd be so low in my life.

I did the exact same thing. I still don't like anime all that much but I guess I can see the appeal.
>>
>>28272465
31 and at work now. I drank a bottle of Wild Turkey yesterday and went to sleep at 3am this morning. Felt like shit when the alarm when I woke up for work but feel fine now.

High functioning alcoholic. The only time I really feel like shit after drinking is if I smoke too.
>>
>>28273513
Just an office job. Miserable, low paying, soul sucking. But, I learn to survive.
>>
Turning 26 in June. Was studying, fucked all my shit up and had to move back in with my parents. That like was 10 months ago, put a pretty intense strain on our relationship.

On academic probation but can hopefully resume study in the second half of the year. I had a shot at honours before I stopped caring, but that's gone out the window now, I expect.

Moving back out this month. This was basically my last push of the reset button.

I don't care about no gf or no friends. I just want to feel like I have a hold on life. I exercise and I'm going to get my license. It just all feels too late.
>>
File: hello.jpg (39 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
39 KB, 500x406
>close to 26
>KV, tfwnogf
>still in college. In my jr year.
>Dropped out, again, this semester because I stopped caring and going to class. Would have failed 3/4 classes so I just took Ws instead.
>Haven't made any friends since HS.
>Lost contact with all but one of my old friends.
>1 friend left lives in another town.
>Haven't dated or talked to a girl with intent to date in 4 years.
>Lost all motivation to continue my degree. I have no fucking clue what I would do with it anyway.
I just want to be normal. Have a few friends to do stupid shit with on the weekends. My apartment is a fucking prison.
>>
tfw 24.

At least my car insurance rates will drop next year
>>
File: Itsnotlois.jpg (15 KB, 238x261) Image search: [Google]
Itsnotlois.jpg
15 KB, 238x261
>>28273864
good luck with that. Mine went nowhere.
>>
>>28273916
well in all honesty I am NEET and my granny is paying for my insurance since i drive her places but you know what I mean
>>
There isn't enough hours in the day to do everything i want.
Socializing reading studying relaxing
And i don't even have a job.

I think i'm going to need to find a way to reduce how many hours i sleep. I only sleep 8 but i heard Donald can go with 4 or 6.
That or find a way to do things more intensely so i can get more done in the same amount of time.
>>
File: FMJ-M16-2.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FMJ-M16-2.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>tfw your T levels have dropped so much you barely have a sex drive anymore.
>>
>>28273709
I don't know why, but every time I watch NHK, it only gets better. I've never watched something that connected with so much other than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Y7R5zP0wc
>>
>>28272773

Fuck. When I was 22 I thought I was just a little behind the curve and would come into my own eventually.

Four years down the track I'm in a worse position than I was back then.

And the weird thing is I don't even feel depressed anymore. A sad failure to meet the potential others saw in me. I'm disappointed in who I became but it's like it doesn't register that deeply.
>>
>>28273098
I laughed
not original bloxblox
>>
File: 1461870883663.gif (199 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
1461870883663.gif
199 KB, 336x468
>>28272773
I-Im still a cool loser..
>>
I'm almost 26 and still live at home
have a degree and a shitty underpaid job, which I am increasingly caring less about.
Ive never had a gf, have no social circle and zero hobbies other than going to the gym a few times a week. I can't drink anymore without feeling horrid for 2-3 days - I become a total psychological wreck after a hangover. The only thing I got going for me is a shit load of cash in my bank account.
>>
>>28273481
>I see you fell for the cohabitation meme

Yup. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. So many people kept telling me the benefits of living with, and how people even guilted me when I raised legit concerns. The funniest thing of it all was the supposed "savings" were total bullshit.

Yes living on my own seems more pricey at first but in the long run I am saving money, and having my free, uninterrupted time is PRICELESS. Its because I need to focus a lot when I work on my hobbies/art and I do my best when I am left alone. And that brings me some happiness... and this is coming from someone who has suffered depression and anxiety since mid-2001.
>>
>>28272773
I never even imagined I would be a loser. I always figured I would finish high school, go to college and get a degree in CS and start a decent job. Maybe date a little bit during college. Try out some new hobbies. Be fit and go to the gym because I have always wanted to do that.

But noooo.
>>
>>28274082
that was great! thanks for sharing.
>>
Has anyone here come back from a friendless loser scenario? 26 with gf and job but it just feels broken without friends.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't for the constant interrogation about what you do on the weekends and how everyone treats you like you have the plague if you didn't do some mad shit at a house party.
>>
>>28274575
>friendless loser
>with gf and job
>constant interrogation by imaginary people that don't exist
Fuck off.
>>
>>28274616
I'm so fucking close to leaving I just need a group of friends to become normie and stop getting treated as most likely to shoot up the office in work.
>>
>>28274616
Yeah these>>28274575 people ruin the vibe of these threads. Boohoo you have a job and gf but you don't have friends. I imagine if you had friends you would be whining about something even more trivial, normalfag.
>>
>>28272773
I thought life was this well-planned thing, but turns out it's a bunch of people scrambling to get whatever they can at everyone else's expense. I didn't know the rules, and I lost. I can't see things getting any better.
>>
>>28272773

Just one mistake leading to another.

They were all such small things too. Nothing big at the time.

But if I could go back... fuck me in the ass.
>>
Lifes good, I finally stopped masturbating for good, reduced time on 4chan to like 3 hours a week and spent 9 hours outside today. Thats basically my answer to changing my life, since when at home literally all I do is be on the computer, so I just go outside and walk around, work out, meditate, sit in the park, and enjoy eating good food. Literally no one has ever mocked me for eating alone, and not uncommon to see other people eating alone. I don't bring any computer or cellphone with me most of the time, and am just out by myself all day.

Still NEET, virgin and autistic, butt I don't give a fuck
>>
>>28272773

Yep, thought I could transition from college to job and meet someone along the way. Never happened, now I'm a NEET loser.
>>
why does it suck? getting old
>>
File: tardnal.png (201 KB, 281x310) Image search: [Google]
tardnal.png
201 KB, 281x310
>>28272773
right here. I thought I would have it all together at age 26 when i was 18. Turns out that people skills are necessary
>>
kill me pls
fuck originality you dumbass garbage
>>
>>28275072
Very nice anon

Do you have mountains or woods nearby? Go there and try to find a river. I did this week and loved it, drinking water from the mountain is as pure as it gets and the sense of climbing torwards new goals will feet your perspective.

Congratulations on your overcoming of your past self, and keep going!
>>
>>28272773

Here. I remember thinking that I would get a GF eventually because I'd be a real catch once a girl got to know me, kek. I'm still a KV, live with my parents and work as a janitor making $160 a week. I never knew what I wanted to be growing up, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Literally nothing good is on the horizon for me.
>>
>>28277601
Will fit your new perspective* my apologies, I'm not in english-speaking mode at this moment
>>
File: sweatingfrog.png (83 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
sweatingfrog.png
83 KB, 241x228
Lads, I'm 22 and never even had a gf.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>28272039
>be gringo
>come to my country
>steal our jobs
>fuck our women
>claim to be robots
>>
File: dgf3gtreg.jpg (34 KB, 960x397) Image search: [Google]
dgf3gtreg.jpg
34 KB, 960x397
tons of normalfags ITT. not suprsiing

just a worthless dumb socially retarded NEET here sitting around until I become a wizard in 2.5 years. No one will hire me and I cant get bux. Turned down from fast food for being a sperg during the interview. Health is also shit. Just waiting around for death to finally come
>>
File: kgb.jpg (474 KB, 825x1195) Image search: [Google]
kgb.jpg
474 KB, 825x1195
>25
>uni dropout with massive debt coming in 2017
>NEET with neetbux
>AvPD
>no gf ofcourse
>no contact with family
>trapped in a small apartment

The only thing I got is my height and looks, but even then I don't have a gf.

I've noticed there are almost no coupes my age or below, like wtf? Men and women can't find each other these days. What is happening my fellow robots?
>>
>>28277669
>>Here. I remember thinking that I would get a GF eventually because I'd be a real catch once a girl got to know me
hahahahahahaha
>>
>turning 27 in 6 days
>still live at home
>been an alcoholic for a decade
>listening to Drowning Pool to reminisce about when I was 14

I wish we had guns in this house so I could just shoot myself in the face
>>
File: tfw.jpg (14 KB, 236x171) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
14 KB, 236x171
33 soon
its whatever,
>>
File: 1462166546392.png (156 KB, 242x231) Image search: [Google]
1462166546392.png
156 KB, 242x231
I spent most of my day looking for source on this. This is my life. I spend my weekends looking for, and failing to find, the source of dirty anime girl pictures. At this point I'm desperate enough that I'll just use it as a reaction image occasionally until someone tells me.
>>
>>28278144
boku no pico, tbo
>>
>>28278153
I've seen boku no pico several times, that won't work on me. Natsuyasumi is better anyway.
>>
bump this shit up.

Why am I not snowflake
>>
>tfw just found out my (26) oneitis (24) fucked a 16 year old last night
KEKED BY A FUCKING CHILD
>>
>>28278144
Try tipofmypenis on leddit
>>
>>28279304
I suppose I'll post before I go to bed.
>>
File: 1429410302612.gif (1 MB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
1429410302612.gif
1 MB, 250x315
>dream of vampire qt gf
>we hold hands
>just as we are about to kiss

>wake up to noisy as hell motorcycle noises outside

26 and this is just fucking bullshit.
>>
>>28279263
>oneitis

Was she even aware of your existence?
>>
>>28271834
Women are just spineless cowards, that's why.
>>
File: 1460146379010.jpg (448 KB, 868x1228) Image search: [Google]
1460146379010.jpg
448 KB, 868x1228
I'm sitting on the toilet literally shitposting when I should be getting ready for work.
>>
File: pepe-wojak.jpg (241 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pepe-wojak.jpg
241 KB, 1000x1000
>>28272297
The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people.
>>
File: AkzoNobel_stacked_logo.jpg (128 KB, 750x510) Image search: [Google]
AkzoNobel_stacked_logo.jpg
128 KB, 750x510
>26

>be last friday at work, workplace is a distributor of research chemicals

>testing a product from Akzo Nobel

>look at their logo on the label and realize how boss it looks, literally a naked dude waving his hand out toward the world as if to say 'bitch I'm gonna cure cancer and aids by next week, just wait'

>yfw you got inspired by a random logo

I don't know where I'm taking this but I'm seriously going to start learning the piano, writing the plot to that anime I've always toyed with in my head and pursue a PhD in the future
>>
File: digi_pepe.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
digi_pepe.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>still live with mom
>NEET
>job I've learned will probably dissappear within the next few years
>I'm still listening to the same music as I did when I was 19
>I even bought the same car I had back then
>my former normie friends move in with their gf's, doing exchange years

This feels like reverse groundhog day, where the world changes, but I'm the same cyborg every day I wake up.

I'm unmotivated to do anything. I should do some further education, but I don't see any point in working and I hate it. I used to like my old job, but I can't hardly get one because it's being eradicated due to automation.
Once I've realized how pointless this live of working for Mr. Shekelstein is and since even girls aren't interesting anymore, I just don't know what to do.
Robots, is there a reason to be alive beneath mating and going to work?
>>
>28
> Been NEET off and on since 21.
>Most recently been NEET for 1 year
>Had 2 interviews this month that both turned into job offers, both jobs in different countries
>Rejected one and about to reject the other as my anxieties have intensified massively over recent months
>The future is living at home with pension age parents with no neetbux.
>>
>30
>Live alone
>Good family
>No mental or drug abuse problems
>have a job
>Used to have friends, now they are all gone. Married off to roasties or moved away.
>work 50 hours a week
>when not in work just browse 4chan and watch shitty action films

My life peaked around the age of 24, it's all been downhill from there.

Women have never be interested in me, I'm ugly and have a speech impediment. They dont want a broken man, I can respect that. Still hurts though.
>>
>>28280263
How did you get a job offer in a different country?
>>
>>28280443
>Used to have friends, now they are all gone. Married off to roasties or moved away

it hurts to see your friends move away from you just because they settle for a vagina.
men are too thirsty and desperate
>>
File: B8A41N_CEAALrtm.jpg (66 KB, 584x759) Image search: [Google]
B8A41N_CEAALrtm.jpg
66 KB, 584x759
>26
>student debt up the ass
>KHV
>if I get this job I've interviewed for twice, I can begin to fix my garbage existence
>still have to pass a final interview
>already not really qualified

God I hate this shit. The world is a fuck.
>>
34 NEET/Hikki.

Life is kinda cool but it sucks to be poor.
>>
>>28272158
Backpage best dating site
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1200x807
>tfw 24
>just got let go from a basic ass wageslave job for being too shy and soft spoken literally 10 minutes ago
>texted the owner to see if I had a morning or night shift, get "call me when you get a chance" as a response
>instantly knew what was coming
>didn't even last a month

I dropped out of cc years ago and haven't been able to keep a job in my life. I don't know why I let myself get too optimistic about this one.

It's going to be excruciating when I tell my parents, they were so happy for me. Nobody will be surprised though. Sucks to know that you're window for fixing your shit personality is getting smaller faster.
>>
>>28272190
Why are your killing yourself anon?
>>
>>28272773
Yep, those feels really get to me every half a year I wait till I get home crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep at 6PM

Being autistic only makes it worse.
>>
>>28274750
I'm honestly in the same boat as you. Gf but no friends. People at work always ask what I'm doing over the weekend an I just say 'chill' or whatever. Just make shit up honestly.
>>
File: WP_20131110_002.jpg (229 KB, 1277x717) Image search: [Google]
WP_20131110_002.jpg
229 KB, 1277x717
>>28273588
I miss my kitty
>>
>>28271586

I spent the last two years busting my ass at work, in college, and writing a sports blog. I have now been accepted for Masters funding at a prominent University. Their journalism program is top notch and I am well on my way to being the first independent "sports news agency" where I will be in press boxes all around the country. Basically any city I want to be in all I have to do is decide to write about it, fly out there, and enjoy.
>>
>21 pretty soon
>gf for half a year
>have my own apartment
>working in a big city that I'm sick of but transferring pretty soon to a calmer town, will be moving out there too
>depression still comes up a lot an I'm afraid it's gonna end up ruining things with her, even if she's understanding about it now
>have one friend who I never see because we're both busy a lot an I'm sure he doesn't want to use up his free time around me when I'm just this negative person to have a conversation with
>been going on 4chan since I was 15 an now I feel I'm too "normie" for it or whatever
>trying to stay off this place yet I keep coming back once in awhile just to read up on threads, I'm basically waiting to outgrow this place
Life is pretty okay right now. But being young also means I have plenty of time to see things go crashing completely on me.
>>
>>28279595

>Women are just spineless cowards, that's why.

He says as he sits at his parent's house with no job, no education, blaming society with a keyboard and a screen.
>>
>>28283650
you're not 25+

you're the age of an average user. Why do you think you post matters?
>>
>>28283630
Nice work anon. /sp/ would be pleased.
>>
>tfw 45

Why am I still alive?
>>
>>28283654
This has to be original bait
>>
>>28273370
Robot isn't a stage of conformity.

You can't just be living on your own, paying rent, with a job, having a girlfriend and consider yourself a robot.

That's cyborg. Half normie.
>>
>>28283675
There's never any 20+ threads. I don't want to have conversations with a bunch of annoying teenagers.
>>
>>28283654
It's getting toastie in here.
>>
>27 in 28 days
>work as a server in a college town and give lectures in psychopharm classes on hallucinogens
>manic depressive self-loathing narcissist
>alcoholic, opiate addict, smoker
>wake up every day wishing I hadn't
>the only reason i'm still alive is my dog
>live with my parents since my fiance left almost two years ago. couldn't afford the apt and my dog
>only happiness is my close friends and intoxication

kill me
>>
>>28283695
That level of self awareness is why we have 25+ threads
>>
>>28283695
every other thread is 18+ as far as I'm concerned since everyone talks about work and college anyways
>>
>>28272125
Being a virgin male in his mid - late 20's with no friends is not remotely close to what "real life is for the majority". We're in the vast minority, unless you're a normie in which case fuck off.
>>
File: 1461645615382.jpg (100 KB, 840x970) Image search: [Google]
1461645615382.jpg
100 KB, 840x970
>>28283650
>been browsing since 15
>doesn't know how to read a thread title
Just leave us to our Eden, fuck ofc
>>
27 here.

Working a dead end admin job and renting a shit flat. Only fifty or so years to go.
>>
>>28271586

31 here, turning 30 was the biggest red pill of my life so far. I went from being an art fag to getting my shit together in about 18 months.

Getting old is both good and bad.
>>
>>28271671
I'm going to be 27 this year.
>>
Not well.

I was at risk of homelessness last year for like a month straight and it pretty much gave me PTSD. Now I live with my mom again and we're looking for an apartment to move to because the place we currently live in is a family member's and she's going to lose the house to the bank soon.

My mom has a steady job and has some money saved up, but I still get panic attacks at the thought of the bank suddenly foreclosing my family member's house and then all of a sudden we'll have to move in two weeks.

Stay in school kids
>>
whenever i get nervous i just come to threads like these to realise how bad it can become in 5+ yeas even when i meet new people and feel like throwing up tfw large amount of friends and gf thanks to this mentality
>>
>>28283650
Boohoo I have a gf, nice life but I live in a big city, have a friend that I'll never see and have "DEPRESSION" for no apparent reason.

Just fucking leave, faggot
>>
>>28272411
Take a tumbprint (100-500 hits of acid) You will, gauranteed, be a different person when you come out of the trip. Could be better, could be worse. But it'll be different.
>>
Feeling old
>>
File: s242he33.jpg (17 KB, 224x240) Image search: [Google]
s242he33.jpg
17 KB, 224x240
>30 years old this year
>escaped from hookers like a pussy 4 times
>too scared of AIDS or herpes
>small dick
>hentai doujins gave me the idea that sex is something romantic and unique instead a cool normal activity that normals usually do in their spare time.
>>
>>28284007
My dick is small and ugly. No woman would want to put her mouth near it

That's why I will stick to 2D and fapping
>>
>>28277928

they are fucking
>>
File: frog90.png (20 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
frog90.png
20 KB, 200x194
>>28284007

There's a women out there that believes in love still and it's waiting for us to fix our lifes and meet her, anon.
>>
>go to mcdonalds
>order a quarter pounder and a large fries
>get home
>i got a filet of fish and a small fries

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28271762
>>28272544
>>28272558
>>28272617
>>28272979
>>28283650
>>28283721

NORMIES OUT RRREEEEE REEEEE

ONLY KHV'S ALLOWED

GET OUT SUCCESSFUL ALPHACHADS RREEEE REEE REEE
>>
>>28280443
>have a speech impediment
I'm 26 and have one and still get made fun of for it. Have you tried speech therapy?
>>
File: 1435727445535.jpg (100 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1435727445535.jpg
100 KB, 420x300
Shit sucks yo it seems like. I though this week would be different. At least I don't have to work the rest of the week and I got beer, so there's that.
>>
>search for my middle school crush on fb
>she is now an old hag who lost all her charm
>according to coworkers, i still look like young
>>
>>28272544
Yo lad where'd you get the hookers and what was the whole thing like.
>>
>>28271586
30 in a few hours, and yes I will be a wizard. I feel so disgusting..
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 231x218
>turning 25 in 6 days
>reading this thread
>>
File: 1461491021595.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1461491021595.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>28284970
>turning 24 in december
>reading your post
>>
File: minime.gif (652 KB, 375x268) Image search: [Google]
minime.gif
652 KB, 375x268
>>28284970
>>28284992
>turning 26 in two months
>reading these posts
>>
>Be 26
>Former NEET
>Aced all my modules last semester except for one.
>Now I have another subject that requires a strong background in that module
>Struggling to grasp the most basic concept in class yet alone understand the advance segment.
>Going to fuckup this semester and drop out.

Feelsterribleman.jpg
>>
>>28284970
>>28284992
>>28285081

>Turning 27 in august, reading these post and checking my dubs.
>>
>>28272895
The former. 25 AND above. It's the same as 18+ or 21+.
>>
>>28283898
>only my problems are real problems
Sure bud
>>
>>28271586

> 38
> KHCV and feel fine about it, maybe something will come up.
> BS in two STEM fields that I just recently completed
> some graduate school, but it has turned out to be more of the same boring shit. I did get Bs though after barely studying for the finals.
> went to school from 31 to 37
> loan is at about $35K
> thinking of going to another graduate program that will cost $75K in tuition alone
> also thinking that it will just be a colossal waste of money, and should just get a job.
> NEET from 16 to 30
> lived with parents, supported by dad
> feel like a piece of shit and want to get a job to repay him
> other problems made me feel hopeless and just wanted to waste away my time until I had to get a job
> now I feel ashamed for a having 21+ years of no work on my resume
> I hope going to school, getting a double major degree, and having decent grades is enough for them to overlook my "laziness"
> actually I spent a lot of time doing personal programming projects but could never keep a decent sleep schedule and was afraid of outside situations
> sleep schedule is now more consistent
> social skills are still shit, but I think I can at least do something
> going to try applying this week after two shitty finals last semester - I'll even take internships
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
26, still no husky.
>>
>>28284648

Having sex one time in 30 years isn't very successful. What is the big deal? Virginity isn't really a black and white thing. It should come in shades of gray.
>>
>>28284530

Pass them over to me then.
>>
>>28286794
You couIdn't handle it
>>
File: 1461778541244.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1461778541244.png
40 KB, 152x254
>26

you know, things have gotten better. every day im getting closer to my dream (independent game dev) and my job is super easy and gives me steady income while i focus on my work at home.

naturally i dont and never had a gf, but im starting to get over that "a girl will give you true happiness" hump. things are starting to click because I honestly don't care about getting laid as much as other dudes and im coming to terms that may be the actual reason i dont have a gf, vs putting myself down and calling myself ugly.

things aren't super better but its been the best it has been since i was like, 12
>>
>>28286885
>Virginity isn't really a black and white thing. It should come in shades of gray.

Guys, don't fall for this bait. DO NOT fall for it.
>>
nothing but chads and failed chads ITT
>>
>>28286885

>Virginity isn't really a black and white thing.

but that's wrong you fucking retard
>>
turned 29 on saturday

life is shit kill yourself before you hit 25
>>
>>28286958

Yes I could. Wanna bet? Buy me a Husky.
>>
>>28287057
Some dreams are meant to die
>>
>>28287072

NO. I WON'T GIVE UP.
>>
>>28272410

You're on the way up. This is an opportunity to not only better yourself but better others as well. Keep grinding
>>
I'm losing weight and working out so that my future wife will be pleased with my looks

I'm reading and trying to get some measure of intelligence so I'm able to impart some small lessons to my future child

the only things propelling me forward is the idea of one day having a little family of my own
>>
>>28287045

What exactly changes about a loser that stuck his dick in a wet hole one time in his life? Is he really any different than others with dick insertion counts of zero? It's stupid. Most of it is religious. Supposedly you lose "virtue" or something when you have sex. If that's the case, I don't see how fapping is any better.

Chad still easily bangs chicks nightly and probably has a lay count in the thousands. The poor fuck that got lucky one time with a prostitute is practically the same as the virgin compared to him.
>>
>>28272410
Good work on turning things around anon. We need more positive people like you here on r9k
>>
>>28287115
fapping isn't any better you dumb mook
>>
>>28271841
apathy hit me at 22. from 22 - 24 i kind of wished the suicidal feelings would come back, but in the end apathy was more useful/practical for surviving in this hell.

i think apathy is an adaption to modern life.
>>
>>28284992
> turned 24 in feb

it's horrible, fix your life before you turn 24. it's a never ending existential crises
>>
>>28271586
>29
>got gf
I'm not going to be a wizard guys.
>>
>34
>Felon
>Unemployed
>Debt

I live my days couch surfing and mooching alcohol or drugs from women. Sometimes men. I figure once my looks go I will either marry a women or a man with a house then just dick around all day like normal.

Came out pretty well considering childhood
>>
I wonder what's the fucking point of being a productive member of society if I am never going to enjoy the social benefits of this country's extremely high taxes. I swear 75% of tax money is wasted on inefficiency in the state beauraucracy.
>>
>>28287754
the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
>>
>>28272638
You got an engineering degree and you are working retail? Jesus Christ that's depressing, all that work for literally nothing.
>>
As my grandmother would used to say and sing "Take it one day at a time."

So, I do that.
>>
>>28271586
>25+

by then I will be finishing my PhD in a field which calls for subtle, but huge demand for people with my knowledge. I will likely be making $85-90k starting, maybe more depending on the city i live in. its gonna be awesome.

what, you guys still havent figured out your shit? catch up
>>
File: 1418778635848.png (227 KB, 404x269) Image search: [Google]
1418778635848.png
227 KB, 404x269
>>28287679

pls expand on your life, it sounds like robot ez-mode
>>

Every day is a struggle to find something worth jack shit.
Vidya not fun. Drinking is not fun. People are boring cunts desperate for self-validation.

Last gf 5 years ago. Last time I got laid was a year ago now.

Send help.
>>
>>28287973
He's far from alone. It took me nearly 5 YEARS to get even an entry-level IT job after I graduated from my shitty uni.

If you don't have connections, it's a rough world out there.
>>
32 neet here. Reality is crashing down fast around me. I fucked up falling into neetdom. Now my parents are both ill physically and mentally. My mother especially now, her craziness is driving me crazy in turn. NOW I want to get out but I'm obviously in a really bad position now. I don't know if I can do it. Don't have money and no work experience. Struggling with suicidal thoughts by the minute.

For you younger neets out there. Get out while you're still young. Being a neet isn't worth it unless you're just born into money.
>>
File: 1417304081699.jpg (41 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1417304081699.jpg
41 KB, 550x535
>>28272773
I always thought things would just kind of "fall into place".

Eventually I hit 23/24 and realised nothing was ever going to magically change. I wasn't ever gonna get that good job that I actually enjoyed, I wasn't ever gonna get a girlfriend or have sex, I wasn't ever gonna move out of home, I wasn't ever gonna make my parents proud.

Now I just drink all day, and sometimes watch anime if I can be bothered. I'm too lazy to even do that though, so mostly I just daydream while listening to music.
>>
File: kot horses head.jpg (11 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
kot horses head.jpg
11 KB, 255x255

had a gf once, it was horrible

no matter how shit things are now, they'll only get worse

Shoulda killed myself years ago, now i'm just apathetic
>>
File: n59fd7kFQO1tsw7qvo1_1280.jpg (63 KB, 606x944) Image search: [Google]
n59fd7kFQO1tsw7qvo1_1280.jpg
63 KB, 606x944
25EV

I have things fairly well off, probably going to register on a dating site in a month or two. No idea if I'll ever get a gf, let alone love, but the few times I posted pic I was told I still have hope.

Everything sucks and I've never had fun, yet it's hard to be down when everything's improving. Health getting better, money getting better, planning things I'll be doing. And shit's getting good because I've worked my ass off to make it so.

A huge turning point was something like a week ago when a femanon told me I'm cute. A real girl liked my appearance. That's never happened before in my 25 years, and it changed literally everything.

No longer can I think "no girl has ever been into me". Now it's "at least one girl has", and that's the difference between heaven and hell. Someone saved me with that one sentence and made me want to live.
>>
File: my nigga ned.jpg (137 KB, 736x541) Image search: [Google]
my nigga ned.jpg
137 KB, 736x541
>>28272773
The sad thing is I knew this was coming. I had zero social skills, felt alien around other people, pervasive anxiety and negative thoughts, and basically was just an autistic, dysfunctional mess overall.
>>
>>28288715
Post pic
We will see if she was just fishing for (you)'s
>>
>>28289248

She posted mine, and I happened to stumble upon it.
>>
File: Michel_Houellebecq.jpg (36 KB, 355x547) Image search: [Google]
Michel_Houellebecq.jpg
36 KB, 355x547
>"The fact is that from about the age of twenty-five or thirty, people find it very difficult to meet new sexual partners. Yet they still feel the need to do so, it's a need that fades very slowly. So they end up spending the next thirty years, almost the entirety of their adult lives, suffering permanent withdrawal"

http://www.salon.com/2003/08/02/platform_2/
>>
>>28272773
Yep, this is me, I wasn't expecting this but life happened and yeah.

Shit fucking sucks.
>>28289341
Well I've never met or had a gf/sexual partner so....

fuck.
>>
>>28289341
that's from 2003. what excuse do you have now with online dating and apps?
>>
>>28289398
>online dating
Yeah I really want to be with someone who uses that to find a partner.

Its a total red flag.
>>
File: Michel_Houellebecq2.jpg (44 KB, 355x547) Image search: [Google]
Michel_Houellebecq2.jpg
44 KB, 355x547
>"in societies like ours sex truly represents a second system of differentiation, completely independent of money; and as a system of differentiation it functions just as mercilessly. The effects of these two systems are, furthermore, strictly equivalent. Just like unrestrained economic liberalism, and for similar reasons, sexual liberalism produces phenomena of absolute pauperization. Some men make love every day; others five or six times in their life, or never. Some make love with dozens of women; others with none. It's what's known as 'the law of the market'...Economic liberalism is an extension of the domain of the struggle, its extension to all ages and all classes of society. Sexual liberalism is likewise an extension of the domain of the struggle, its extension to all ages and all classes of society."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whatever-Serpents-Classics-Michel-Houellebecq/dp/1846687845
>>
>>28277736
Well I got used to being alone, by now I can handle the feels... I Hope you can too...
>>
>>28289434
>imblying beggars can be choosers
>>
>>28289755
Well...yeah, I am implying that. Would you like a gold star?
>>
>>28277736
>>28289534
The fact is the age of 25 is the time when you are expected to have your shit together, both by employers and more importantly by the opposite sex. There is no more carefree "hanging out", no more vague plans about meeting up some time this week, no innocent and un-rushed drift into a romantic relationship. Your life by this point will have become strictly organized around your work, with the few hours left after each day and the two days allotted for recovery and enjoyment each weekend being scheduled rigorously in the hope that they might compensate for the boredom, stress and frustrations experienced in your eight or nine hours of daily labour. Now that women are expected not only to become a part of the workforce but to match and excess their male counterparts, partly as a duty to their gender, the shyness and tenderness one might hope for in a female romantic partner has had to be sacrificed so that women are not perceived by their male colleagues and competitors as being unassertive, overly accommodating or submissive. The natural inclination for most women to be submissive and tender and sweet however produces in them a near-schizophrenic duality of character, one which becomes more and more difficult to maintain as their career continues to dominate their lives and shape their personalities, to the point where their husbands or male romantic partners are treated with much the same casual dismissal and officiousness as the women treat those they work with. No longer is the harmony of home and workplace maintained and contrasted by a representative from each, with one individual adopting a cold and callous personality for the sake of succeeding in the business world only to be softened and humored by a sweet and nurturing representative of the home he helps to maintain.
>>
>>28289874
And apparently this is "progress".
>>
>>28289874
That was beautiful to read anon
>>
>>28289874
No longer is the tenderness and maternal presence of the female available at home, where she too benefits from the practical-mindedness of her spouse, who performs the metaphorical dirty work so that she can provide for him (and be provided with, in return) a loving, warm home environment where their children can be raised by a reliable, supportive mother and a father who, despite his business and occasional distance, is appreciated for fulfilling the role and making the sacrifices they will learn are necessary to make money and provide for them. The warmth has dissipated from modern life. With liberation comes independence, and with independence comes alienation and the emphasis on the Self. No longer is a person able to invest in a political ideal, in a religious ideal and increasingly in a familial ideal because such ideals have been undermined and made irrelevant by the gradual fracturing of the community into a mass of its individual parts, each member forming for him or herself a solitary ideal for his or her own life, desperately and with growing futility hoping they will meet someone else whose lonely ideal reflects their own in some way. But even these private ideals must necessarily give way to the social pressures of social status, established with greater intensity and based more than ever not only on financial wealth but on one's position in the socio-economic and socio-erotic hierarchy. The aspirational Self is told that he or she can transcend the boundaries placed on them in previous generations, that nothing less than the utmost is deserved, that isolation is a relatively small price to pay for not having it all.
>>
>>28290099
Man that is so true. We must reach a new proper balance, or go back. If we don't... I don't wanna be taken over by muslims, I rather die.
>>
>>28290099
And so the cries for further liberation are met with widespread approval, and each individual is made a representative not of his or her nation, or religion, or ethnicity, or family but of themselves, or at most the cultural subculture they identify themselves with in an attempt to belong to some form of community other than the lonely community of the Self. And the only remedy for people who have been made featureless and hollow by the independence and distinction they have touted as the supreme end of human progress is to advocate this isolation to other cultures and other communities who have maintained their collective values in the face of social, cultural and economic forces which have attempted to scatter them into isolated consumers and freelance actors. Dictated by the ideology of social stratification based on financial wealth, women seek only to emulate those men this ideology portrays as being the most worthy of emulation, namely the most work-orientated, the most physically powerful, the most callous and the most sexually experienced. In turn this has caused women to adopt the features they perceive to be supreme and to attempt to emulate the traits they believe they should value, despite their bodies being naturally weaker than a man's and more accommodating to the delicate task of bearing the young of our species, and despite the fact that many if not most men earned the money they did and adopted the cold personalities they did in order to do so partly to attract not women who are equally as cold and ruthless but women who, for varied reasons, are attracted more to men who occupy the positions of power that financial wealth generally signifies. Hence a society of unmarried women whose careers are the focal point of their lonely lives, a society of emasculated men who are intimidated and not enamoured by the women they are forced to compete against.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.