[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the overnight security meme just another robot lie? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 464x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 464x450
Is the overnight security meme just another robot lie?

I just looked at night security jobs in my area on indeed, and they all talk about being able to communicate effectively with customers and employees. I thought the meme was that I was only there for insurance purposes and get to be the only person in the building, alone, and call police if something happens.

What gives?

Any security guards here?
>>
>>28271486
>communicate effectively with customers and employees

This just means "do you have working vocal cords and a grasp on the english language."
>>
>>28271516
So I will be left alone with my laptop?
>>
>>28271582
Unless somebody tries breaking in wherever you're working, yes. You'll probably have to do rounds around the building throughout the night but for the most part your boss is going to tell you everything.
>>
>>28271486
Same as all jobs: you need to do the normie dance to get into them.
>>
>>28271734
Pretty much. Even to get a job as a programmer, I had to act like a normie.
>>
>>28271789
Did you go to school or learn on your own famalam?
>>
File: 1462073034085.jpg (97 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1462073034085.jpg
97 KB, 550x512
Do you think I could get a job as one at 19?
I want to be a cop after I go to uni for a year
>>
Where do you even look for overnight security jobs?
>>
>>28271995
I got a Bachelor's degree in math and minored in computer science. GPA was shit though, just a 2.3 (C+ average).

You best shot is a computer science degree. If you go with a 2 year degree in something like network engineer, IT, etc that could get you in the door. If you're self-taught, small startups are usually best about considering people based on what they know instead of what degree they have.
>>
>>28272298
Check out G4S security, they may have an opening in your area.
>>
>>28271789
>>28271486
I hate it, why cant they make normal jobs for people like us who dont want anything to do with socializing?

I want to be a factory drone, clocking in 6-8 hours into a repetitive task, lost in my own thoughts and not having to stress about my job because of office politics and other bullshit.

Maybe its just where I live, but I hardly see any of these positions advertised.
>>
>>28272298
same place you look for any other job I suppose.
Newspaper, job sites, staffing agencies.
>>
>>28271486
Hi.

On the typical 12 hour shift I will interact with anywhere between two and three people for a total of a few minutes.

Like a delivery dude just showed up ten minutes ago. I said "Hey how's it going," handed him a clipboard to sign and said "Great, see you next week."

This is what employers mean.
>>
>>28272292
pls orginal respond original pls
>>
>>28271486
Not at all. I know a few people that literally just fuck around online all night with security jobs. If I lose my current comfy office job, that's where I'm heading.
>>
>>28272403
light industrial stuff is mostly done through staffing agencies around here. I don't know why. Probably lets them fuck you over in some way shape or form.
>>
File: ht655.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ht655.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
>>28271486
>Any security guards here?

Yes, worked both unarmed and armed. Last job was being a CIT guard. Now I'm umeployed too lazy to find work.
>>
I have a similar job. I'm at work right now, laying on a couch in a nice office apartment playing PS4 and shitposting. Nicest job I've ever had. I might even take a nap soon.
>>
jesus christ this sounds amazing what is the pay like I may have to give up my fancy software engineering career
>>
Overnight security sounds awesome. Where do I get started?
>>
>>28271486

Chad who worked overnight security here, "able to communicate effectively with customers and employees" is just a meme and for nightwatchmen only means "can you radio check at the top of the hour, write a report, and report leaks or broken things?"

The only time I ever remember talking to anyone is when this rasta janitor did the floors in my lobby or when I said that yes, I could work on such and such a day. Even during dayshifts nobody talked to me.

>>28272292

>I want to be a cop
Not even memeing, you gotta be a chad to become a cop or able to fake it remarkably well.
>>
>>28272525
In my area it's only like .50 above minimum wage for unarmed guard, for armed it's a couple dollars more but probably less comfy.
>>
Because you're not guaranteed a night job at first, it could be crowd control or some venue that needs security. Communicating effectively is also something you need to do in any situation you come across.

Its not hard though, your vocabulary only needs a few phrases.
>>
>>28272525

In Minnesota going rate was $13/hr for floats (no set schedule but usually working 40hr/week)

>>28272526

Just apply
>>
>>28272642
Ay what up minnesota pham
This is your OP speaking
Dakota county here

What's floating and do you get to work nights/avoid normies?
>>
>>28271486
It's not a lie, just don't try to be a security guard for a huge ass mall you fucking retard, try small warehouses and stuff, i worked in one where i am pretty sure they shipped out stolen goods, drugs and the like, i even politely (read, almost shit my pants when they gave it to me) declined a gun "for break ins", and even then they told me to keep it in my little room in case things got complicated, i lasted a whole year before i hauled ass, would've bailed sooner if my boss didn't look like he killed people for fun.
>>
>>28272906
Shit pham that's sweet as hell doe

CL?
>>
>>28272568
You're not a chad, you're just a normie.

and most cops are not chads at all
>>
>>28272568
>Not even memeing, you gotta be a chad to become a cop or able to fake it remarkably well.
Well I'm not fucking autistic or anything, I've seen what the process is like.
>>
>>28273327
By chad i assume he means not being afraid of speaking with people you dont know, raising your voice, being confident, confrontational and aggressive, if you cant even look at someone into their eyes while talking then forget about the cop shit
>>
File: 1375947336763.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1375947336763.png
6 KB, 419x249
>>28273405
Oh no, I can carry out the job tasks with ease
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.