[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is reincarnation real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: 4L_sFQXbkdd.jpg (926 KB, 4896x3672) Image search: [Google]
4L_sFQXbkdd.jpg
926 KB, 4896x3672
Is reincarnation real?
>>
>current year
>thinly veiled atheist comment
>>
>>28269882
>asking a question nobody knows the answer to
what do you expect to get out of this thread
>>
File: 1454350485600.jpg (87 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1454350485600.jpg
87 KB, 500x600
>>28269882
why don't you go find out, we'll wait
>>
File: 1459814925381.jpg (165 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1459814925381.jpg
165 KB, 625x626
this is oregani commentati mr robotti
>>
>>28269882
It would make the most sense as far as life-after-death theories go. Cloud Atlas-style.

There's a lot of literature on people recalling past lives under hypnosis. Make of it what you will, it's worth a peep if you find this stuff interesting. I think /x/ is a more fruitful place for this discussion though
>>
I think that it's just pure luck that we are alive and self aware anyways so I guess on an infinite time scale at some point you would be "reborn" as another self aware alive thing.
>>
>>28269978
this, being self-aware makes no sense in the grand scheme of things and the cessation of self-awareness makes even less sense

personally, i hope that this existence as we know it is simply a tiny layer of whats beyond, and after death we transcend space and time to a higher level of existence
>>
>>28270052
I honestly think there is nothing that really comes after this, nothing beyond us or anything. I think we are here because of pure luck and nothing else but I am eager to find out what comes after this life.
>>
>>28269882
it might, but youll never know.

maybe you were a king once.
>>
>>28269882
It makes no sense. You're a cluster of atoms called anon, that all you were from the moment you were conceived to the moment you die. Atoms. These atoms are arranged in a particular way that makes you different from everyone else, an individual.

For reincarnation to make sense, the atoms that make up you would have to be arranged in the EXACT same way they are now, only after you died.

So explain to me how that's going to happen? Even if those atoms formed another anon like you, it wouldn't be you because although they might have copied you in some universe miracle, but it's ain't you.
>>
>>28270149
that could be true, but its a possibility i dont like to think about, i dont want to believe that there will be nothing

but i do believe we exist based on pure chance
but following from that, everything has ever happened by pure chance, and its so incredibly unlikely that everything happened the way it did, that it makes me think truly anything is possible

and i try to hope for the best
>>
>>28270184
maybe the king of faggots?
>>
>>28270217
Yeah I think anything is possible too and I understand why most people have problems with thinking there is nothing after death but personally I don't really believe that there is anything after it all but either way it doesn't make sense that there should be nothing after death if everything here is based on pure chance. But I guess I always was kinda pessimistic so that explains that. But honestly it would be amazing if reincarnation was a thing.
>>
>>28270215
i dont think its becoming yourself again. more like coming into conciousness again, as someone or something else, and not knowing you existed many times before.

or maybe the universe repeats itself.
>>
>>28270312
Maybe we are lost in a loop that repeats itself? Maybe you live your life over and over again until something differs from the last time you looped?
>>
>>28270301
stay hopeful! being pessimistic helps no one, especially not yourself
>>
>>28269978
This is basically my belief as well. We came into consciousness from nothing once. Why not again?
>>
>>28270400
Maybe pessimistic is the wrong word to describe it. I kinda hope for the best but expect things to go wrong and most of the time I am correct when I think something will happen a certain way.
>>
>>28270472
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I think that as long that time progresses we will at one point be lucky (or maybe unlucky) enough to regain self awareness and start all over not knowing of the maybe hundreds of lives we've lived before.
>>
>>28269882
I believe so but it's not like we think
Karma seems antiquated, I think the truth is stranger than that and karma is just a mini-truth
>>
>>28270481
thats fair, just try not to have your choices be tainted by negative thoughts
>>
>>28270551
I think I've overcome that phase. I was for around 2 years really pessimistic and acted exactly like you think a pessimist would but now I just keep on going hoping that things will work out in the end.
>>
>>28270312
Your consciousness (what makes you, you) is determined by those atom placements. Again, it has no basis in reality and is only a fantasy.
>>
>>28270215
>For reincarnation to make sense, the atoms that make up you would have to be arranged in the EXACT same way they are now, only after you died.
That is not how anyone considers reincarnation to work. You honestly thought when people said "reincarnation" they meant fucking reappearing as yourself throughout history? Like, looking the same and shit? That's stupid.

The idea is that you come back as an entirely different person, with the same "soul".
>>
>>28270215
>These atoms are arranged in a particular way

That changes every second.
>>
>>28270609
Again you fucking idiot, what makes you what you are IS those atoms arranged in that way. You're not a soul inhabiting a body YOU ARE THE BODY.
>>
>>28270658
meant for >>28270608

>>28270609
As for you, so what if it changes every second? It doesn't change drastically and we only shed all of our atoms every 7 years and it doesn't happen all at once.
>>
I like to believe that when we die, we're reborn in a parallel universe
>>
The answer is no. Anyone who says otherwise is just afraid of the finality of death.
>>
>>28270710
honestly that sounds pretty wonderful to me. It would be great to experience every possible universe even if you are unaware of it.
>>
I believe reincarnation is real because we live in a closed biological loop (Earth) and since mass can't be destroyed i believe when you die you just become something else.Like a tree or a leaf or some shit.Dunno maybe even sperm of some sort?What do you guys think of this theory of mine?
>>
>>28270737
Your theory is retarded and you should feel bad.
>>
File: shoo.png (292 KB, 355x353) Image search: [Google]
shoo.png
292 KB, 355x353
>>28269882

Shoo shoo Samsara-chan!
>>
>>28270737
The Earth isn't a closed system. And the atoms that make up "you" are not "you." Not to mention that there is literally nothing binding the atoms that make "you" together.
>>
File: 1356638555779.gif (469 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1356638555779.gif
469 KB, 500x281
>>28269882
Very real.

Buddha, Socrates, Plato, Jesus, Rumi, and many others talk about reincarnation.

People say "Oooh what a comforting belief, you must be afraid of death!"

Nothing can be further from the truth. Earth is essentially hell, and reincarnating in a body is one of the worst experiences in the universe. Not only that, but you wish you could have everlasting peace once you die. Instead, you have to reincarnate until you deal with all the problems in your life.
>>
>>28270597
the me now, yeah. i dont really beleive in it either.

but you never know.
>>
>>28270658
>[I'm] not a soul inhabiting a body [I AM] THE BODY

I'll take you at your word.
>>
>>28270894
I don't think anyone should ever have to tell another person they're a body, but sometimes you have to.
>>
>>28270894
Heh, "you"...I mean, I'll agree with the words emitting from this bodily life form. That's not meant as an argument btw, I really do think there are soulless golem creatures out there
>>
>>28270805
Shoo shoo Samsara-chan!

I pray to every god out there that I don't reincarnate into a human again.
>>
>>28270805
Shoo shoo, Samsara-chan!

Shoo, shoo!
>>
File: 45.jpg (47 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
47 KB, 500x599
>>28270805
Shoo shoo Samsara-chan!

Shoo shooo!
>>
File: LayersOfTheEgyptianSoul.gif (20 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
LayersOfTheEgyptianSoul.gif
20 KB, 700x512
>>28270885

Phaedrus
>>
>>28270726
http://www.cnet.com/news/scientist-quantum-physics-can-prove-theres-an-afterlife/

https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/quantum-immortality-5a74caaa0f64#.izh637f3s

http://www.outerplaces.com/science/item/4289-prominent-scientist-claims-that-afterlife-is-alternate-universe
>>
>>28270805
Sex is part of the wicked cycle of Samsara. "Tear down this wall", Sieg Heil
>>
>>28270805
Shoo shoo, Samsara-chan!
>implying this is not original
>>
>>28271071
Quantum immortality is complete pseudoscientific bollocks. Consciousness, and death aren't quantum events.
>>
File: wojak_kazooie.jpg (126 KB, 789x721) Image search: [Google]
wojak_kazooie.jpg
126 KB, 789x721
>>28271141

>Sex is part of the wicked cycle of Samsara.

That's just what normies want you to believe. The truth is you can only escape from the cycle of death and rebirth if you live a full life with sex and get it out of your system so you don't want it anymore instead. If you can't get a gf, you're left behind and forced to live another life. And habitual tendencies carry over, so you could be stuck making the same mistakes for many lifetimes if you don't wake up and get your shit together.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.