[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commiefornia transferfag here. I'm transfering this year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: photo.png (87 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
87 KB, 250x250
Commiefornia transferfag here.

I'm transfering this year from my community college and was accepted into UCLA and UC Berkeley.
So /r9k/ which school should I go to?

Keep in mind my major is a meme (History) and I'm Mexican.

Anybody know anything about these schools?
>>
>>28269604
Affirmative action is illegal for public schools in California.
I got in through merit.

No I'm not white washed but have heard horror stories about that shit in higher academia.
>>
Don't know shit about the UCs other than food.

UCLA food is heaven, Cal is complete dog shit. Have fun trying to eat OP if you pick Berkeley, but you're Mexican so you probably won't care.
>>
>>28269559

UC Berkeley. That shouldn't even be a question you turd
>>
>>28269559
Berkeley's history department is way better and the professors are good

I went to Cal and I was a history minor

Campus for Berkeley is also way better than UCLA
>>
Cal you dipshit. Since these are all research institutions, you won't be interacting with any professors, just TA that are grad students. Cal is tied with Princeton and Yale when it comes to grad school in history.

Tldr; you will be learning from the best

You're probably considering UCLA because you are afraid of leaving Southern California. Lazy and or scared beaner scum.
>>
>>28269888
You interact with the professor for your senior thesis and a semester before that to prepare.

Rest are grad students though
>>
>>28269559
ucla grad here

both schools suck, go to the cheaper one

but then again youre probably getting a burrito scholarship so maybe that doesnt even factor in
>>
>>28269559
go to berkeley if you like climbing up a hill. go to ucla if you can afford hollywood rent
>>
>>28269960
>go to berkeley if you can afford hollywood rent

They are both expensive as fuck.
>>
Go to one that offers you the most.

>>28269927
You don't even have to be a poc to pay for your school at UC. The UCs offer jew and gold that less poorfags go to school for free, minus housing. So even poor chinks, pajeets, and Cletius can afford a UC.
>>
>>28269833
OP here.
What did you major in?
Any professors or classes you would recommend?
>>
Whyd you major in history?

Also whats with the gook rage itt
>>
>>28269927
>burrito scholarship

I was offered no additional scholarships other than the ones I earned from my community college.

>>28270361
I want to become a history professor at a community college. History has been my passion since I was 8.
>>
>>28270511
Nice dubs. Go to Cal if you care about academics, UCLA if you care about access to fuckable women. Berkeley chicks are not lookers, throw in extreme feminism and you have the most entitled vomit inducing cunts known to the world. Also prepare to be surrounded by literal mentally diseased hippies
>>
>>28270361
Gooks have to work 10 times harder to get in anywhere decent because white libs have used dindu/beaner love as a front for keeping them out
>>
>>28270730
Cool, but AA isn't legal in public schools in Brown's People's Republic of California.
So there's no excuse.
>>
>>28270776
>it's illegal
>implying there's any way to stop it
>>
>>28270730
How is this dindu/beaner's fault and not "white libs" fault???
>>
>>28270849
What the fuck does that mean?
Look at the statistics before AA was illegal and after in California.
Nigger admit rates dropped significantly, go be mad somewhere else, gook.
>>
>>28270910
Never said it was, friend. Spics in college still trigger them though
>>
>>28270361
Most Asians in my Algorithm class are fucking cheaters. Not just my algorithms class but all of my math classes.
>>
>>28270928
He's definitely assmad, but he's partially right. There are """"scholarship"""" programs that exclusively recruit spics and niggers for who the admissions standards are significantly reduced. They also look for it in the essays. I knew these people personally, they were batshit retarded and mostly drop out

That said, it's still not as cucked as H/Y/P. One of the dumbest chicks at my high school got into Princeton because her parents are successful immigrants from Somalia.
>>
File: angry wojak.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
angry wojak.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>going to a public ivy league school
>thinking you are a robot

NORMIE GET OUT
>>
>>28270711
>UCLA if you care about access to fuckable women. Berkeley chicks are not lookers, throw in extreme feminism and you have the most entitled vomit inducing cunts known to the world.

This. How much does fucking people matter to you OP?
I'm a faggot and got to fuck 10/10's because UCLA is in West Hollywood and USC isn't that far away. I got laid at so many games between the two I'm shocked I don't have HIV.
I had bareback sex with at least 300, only topped and never fucked a nigger.
>>
>>28271665
>I had bareback sex with at least 300, only topped and never fucked a nigger.

You heard the degenerate, it's CAL for you, OP.
>>
File: 4chan ruined forever faggot op.jpg (115 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
4chan ruined forever faggot op.jpg
115 KB, 600x611
This thread is filled with normies.
Kill yourselves.
>>
Sophomore at Cal Here. If you're coming to Berkeley as a history major, you're looking at a career at law, public administration etc.Your goal should probably be one of the top 10 law schools in the country. However, if you aren't going to put in the effort to get ridiculously good grades (and mark my words, Cal is notorious for grade deflation in every department) for law school, you're going to be doomed to teach high school kids or teach English in Japan with a meme history degree.

P.S. My roommate is a transfer history major. Teaching English in Japan is what he is looking at as career at the moment.
>>
>>28271423
What uni? It's not a uc is it?
>>
>>28274120
OP said right here >>28270511 he wants to become a professor at a CC aka he wants to teach high school.

>notorious for grade deflation in every department

Also what does this mean? Sorry I'm going to Cal State Fullerton for Computer Science so I have no idea what the fuck that is.

>>28275111
Not him but it happens here all the time, except obviously in some CS classes.
>>
>>28270314
I was CS major/ history minor

I would recommend any of Wetzel's lectures but his focus is mostly about Prussian history. I don't know what you're interested in.
>>
OP here.
I was talking to one of my professors that is a UCLA alumni, guy is trying to get me to go to UCLA. Don't know how to feel about this.

>>28275901
I love anything about Germany, mostly my interests in history are Monsoon Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
>>
File: 79 KB.jpg (79 KB, 599x461) Image search: [Google]
79 KB.jpg
79 KB, 599x461
I'm at berkeley.

Everyone here is a liberal except me. People under 21 are generally vapid cunts. Don't start drinking and doing drugs like the rest of the 18 year old degenerates you'll inevitably room with when you live in the dorms. All they care about is getting 'turnt,' being smug, and having an orgasm. Enjoy listening to negro music getting blasted all day long.

I would name names to stay away from except I don't wanna get btfo

I recommend berkeley though. The history department is the best in the world.
>>
About Grade Deflation:

http://www.dailycal.org/2015/05/15/grade-deflation/
>>
>>28270208
>minus housing

That's the problem nigger
When I applied they told me 9k for housing
If I live off campus the just make me pay slightly less than 9k for tuition
All of this is still under blue and gold
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.