[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here plays WoW, misses the good old days but knows Nostralius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Who here plays WoW, misses the good old days but knows Nostralius won't be the same but still plays WoW and gets hope for each new expansion but still plays regardless of how shitty it is.
>>
I have some good memories of vanilla WoW. But I don't think I could go back. Not because I wouldn't enjoy it, however, but because it was over 11 years ago and I just don't have room for an MMO in my life anymore. I wish I had the time to commit to it again, but I also feel like I wasted my teenage years.

t. played wow in its heyday when I was 15. I'm 26 now.

>tfw you resub once a year to check out a new expansion and people on your server recognize you from a decade ago
>>
i play WoW. But i dont want legacy servers.
>>
I play Excalibur the tbc server because classic is too much for me desu.
>>
>>28269714
What class and race. I played a dwarven hunter from 2007-2014 ish. Now I'm moving into blood elf characters. I bunch of 90 alliance characters that I haven't leveled up.

I got 100 draenei female shammy
100 human hunter
100 dwarf hunter
>>
Vanilla, the epic battles in southshore..ganking noobs..T_T
>>
*raises hand* World of Garrisons payed for my spectral tigers so something good came out of WoD i guess...
>>
>>28269801
Been playing my mage for a few years now and I love it. Its a 731 Pandaren female (Horde). I am terrible at lvling alts
>>
>>28269846
yeah leveling alts takes either a certain boredom with you main or a genuine curiousity to try a new class and race or faction
>>
>>28269883
Every once in a while Ill give leveling an alt a go. Ill play for a bit and realize that I don't feel like learning a new class or spending the time to get good at it
>>
Wrath of the Lich King had the most perfect balance, after that it all went down hill...

>Vanilla wow requires you to quit life to raid
>B.c. Same concept but not really
>wrath has the perfect balance of hardcore and casual
>>
WoW was never good. You are not nostalgic for a quality game; you are nostalgic for some lost lifestyle, some sort of happiness you had in your youth. WoW got worse, sure, but it was never good. If you want a good MMO, play classic EverQuest.
>>
>>28270144
EverQuest was never good, it's just some form of nostalgia for some lost lifestyle
>>
>>28270144
thats like your opinion man. I have fun playing WoW, to me its a good game.
>>
>>28270206
Nah, because EverQuest actually has depth.

>>28270209
Sure, people have fun all the time playing bad games. But you should at least recognize that it's a bad game.
>>
>>28270262
but its not a bad game lol
>>
>>28270273
But it is. WoW has no depth. There is no strategy involved in playing the game. There is no knowledge to glean. The world is bland and lifeless. The talent system almost, *almost*, allows for the barest amount of creativity in building your character, at least early on before they completely ruined it, but even then, you can't really do anything interesting with it. The one thing that WoW does decently well is PvP. That's about it.
>>
>>28270356
> no strategy

youre killing me anon
>>
>>28270418
There really, really isn't. PvE is the most boring, one-dimensional shit. Raids are at least a tiny bit playable - you have to move around a little to avoid damage fields - but going from 1 to max level is a shitty, boring slog.
>>
>>28270469

you aren't going to change my opinion about the game.
>>
>>28270500
That's okay. You are entitled to your lack of taste and your rose-tinted goggles.
>>
>>28270517

>lack of taste

yup yup
>>
File: 1460947165037.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460947165037.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
i can't even like a game without people getting mad
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.