[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /numb/ here? I feel like I'm slowly fading. Things are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1433571515227.png (80 KB, 1233x336) Image search: [Google]
1433571515227.png
80 KB, 1233x336
Who /numb/ here?
I feel like I'm slowly fading. Things are getting more and more boring, like a track on repeat. I think about things over, and over, and over, until they get completely deconstructed and lose their meaning. Everything seems unimportant. The few things that manage to trigger and emotional response out of me just make me feel melancholic.
I'm drifting away.
>>
>>28268064

same.

After a while, everything just blends together into one entire motion blur.

It's been like this for a few days. How do I fix this r9k?
>>
>>28268097
There's no way out. You can
>delude yourself
>kill yourself
>go on with no purpose
That's it
>>
Yeah, I pretty much only feel like sleeping and being alone

nothing really feels meaningful anymore so I just want it to end
>>
>>28268064
There are people who feel as you do but enjoy life.

The key realisation to make is that if nothing has value, then why do your personal preferences and actions matter, why should your selection of how you alot your time face scrutiny?

Just do what you want. What you want is of course meaningless, but so is everything else. What you want is as good a place to start as anywhere else.
>>
I felt this way recently and I smoked some weed and my brain felt like it switched back on. Worth a try.
>>
>>28268097
I've been this way for 2 years now. I don't think it ever ends.
>>
>>28268573
The abandoning of value or purpose should be the ultimate liberation.

Logically, it follows that nihilists should be the happiest, most hedonistic people alive, but this somehow isn't the case.

So we have a conundrum.
Either my reasoning is flawed, or a lot of nihilists are fucking posers.
>>
>>28268064
perhaps try something new to break the monotony?
>>
>>28268642
I think your reasoning that
>freedom = happiness
is flawed
Trading away purpose for impulsive selfishness is lonely.
>>
File: 1457992457439.gif (157 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1457992457439.gif
157 KB, 700x700
We're numb because we don't have lives. But guess what, most lives fucking suck. We just need to get over our desires. Look at animals and the shits they don't give.
>>
File: ElPepetskySelfPortrait2.png (2 MB, 1146x984) Image search: [Google]
ElPepetskySelfPortrait2.png
2 MB, 1146x984
>>28268097
>>28268622

Seven years checking in. Managed to get a qt girlfriend last April who thought she was into the 'quiet depressive type'

She just left me this morning, because all she feels around me is guilty and sad. She said she thought she was becoming too much like me. She cried for a while, and then I let her out. I always thought I would cry if I lost someone important to me but, I didn't.

Looking forward to year 8.

>He wrote
>I'm broke
>Please send for me
>For I'm broke into
>And spoken for
>Do not tempt me
>>
>>28268726
Never had gf and your story just makes me scared that exact situation would happen to me if I did.
>>
File: 79.jpg (27 KB, 477x425) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
27 KB, 477x425
I feel the meat on my skeleton rotting, robots. It is terrifying and saddening.

I am proud of my sadness however. It proves I am more alive.
>>
File: PepenkoDeconLine1.png (235 KB, 468x531) Image search: [Google]
PepenkoDeconLine1.png
235 KB, 468x531
>>28268751
Anon. It's fun to shitpost on /r9k/ because you get the sense that there are people like you out there. And its fun to feel like you belong, it really is. I get that. But to speak plainly, involving someone else will not fix us. It will exacerbate us. And when someone like her spends a year looking at things with you, she eventually will start to freak out because the world appears comprehensible when all the color is drained from it. That will scare her. It's not supposed to make sense in shades of grey. She will feel guilt and shame and sadness. She will come to know you in that moment, and she will leave.

And her friends will teach her how to be content again, and you will go back to being where you belong: Alone, in your apartment. Only now, your hands are empty whereas you used to have a thing to hold. There's an old saying:

>How lucky the widow, free from doubts
>>
>>28268726
My last relationship ended 3 years ago. A few weeks back I was close to having a new relationship but she bailed out because she thought she loved me but she didn't. I didn't feel shit when she said that. It took me almost 2 years to get over my last relationship ending. I thought if I would get rejected by anyone I would finally snap. I feel like I am completely numb. Half of the time I feel literally nothing or I am caught up in a kind of motion blur where everything just blends together. I am for the first time in my life honestly scared of the future anon.
>>
You know it's funny, I was happy for a solid couple of months and I started fucking up in like every aspect of my life. My grades slipped, I messed up my chances with a couple qts, and I fucked over a lot of good friendships. So I stopped giving a fuck, and just let go of everything. And of course, that's when people want to spend time with me, that's when I get my academic shit together, that's when things start going right for me. And I can't even enjoy it, because I just don't even feel like I have the capacity to do that anymore.

I'm convinced some of us just aren't meant to really be happy and that we function better feeling as little as possible.
>>
>>28268064
Make some progress towards a goal and the feeling isn't as bad. You have to find a goal though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.