[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No free will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Mementomori.png (26 KB, 187x124) Image search: [Google]
Mementomori.png
26 KB, 187x124
I fucking hate determinism.

I can make conscious decisions to ask girls out or try to talk to them, or to try to meet people in general, but as soon as I am in a position to actually do so, I can't. It's like it is impossible for me to just approach and talk to them.

Fuck you, determinism.
>>
>>28267787
If you have no free will, then your thoughts are not your own to decide either.

You're doomed to think and act the way you do without any control over it. What control you think you have is illusory and false.

So why be upset? Why hate? It's fated.
I think you're being very unreasonable.
>>
>>28267879
>you have no choice what you feel
>stop feeling bad about it
Got it.
>>
>>28267943
This, pretty much. You can't just change your thoughts or desires just because you can't attain them.
>>
I think you are confusing determinism with social anxiety.

You can still make the choice to improve yourself.
It doesn't matter whether everything is predetermined or not, you can still make choices. Even if the choices themselves are predetermined, they are still choices

Otherwise you are just arguing for the 'lazy argument', which is dumb.
>>
>>28268502
>you can still make a choice to improve yourself
How?

>you can still make choices, even if the choices are predetermined
No, you are just redefining free will.
>>
>>28267787
You're determined and free at the same time. You're determined to choose to do exactly what you're doing at any given time.
>>
>>28268813
Again, all that is is redefining free will.
>>
>>28267787
I believe in determinism, but I don't think you understand how it works.
>>
>>28268948
/r9k/ is all about blaming concepts you barely understand for you not getting laid

fucking light being a particle and a wave, where's my gf reee
>>
>>28268948
>all thoughts, including will, are the result of processes in the mind
>therefore the will is determined by processes in the mind
>therefore, there is not free will

That is about it, right?
>>
>>28267879
Technically speaking determinism isn't exactly fatalism but yeah your point more or less stands.

Determinism actually becomes fascinating on a more meta level, because if you choose to accept it then you're acknowledge that you're not really choosing to accept it, only that the course of events of the universe unfolded in such a way that "you" were naturally going to come to that realization. And that you were going to come to the realization that you were to come to that realization and so on and so forth.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.