[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't fucking do STEM I just don't have the brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1451628685517.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1451628685517.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
I can't fucking do STEM I just don't have the brain for it.

Literally what the fuck do I do. I wanna do an art major but I know how fucking useless it is.
>>
Why not try to become an illustrator/designer? There's plenty of visual art stuff that has a commercial side you can make a living off of. Concept design, advertising illustration, graphic design, visual development, etcetc
>>
>>28266043
you don't want to do an art major. figure out what you're finding hard and either fix it or switch to something else AND WORTHWHILE.

/thread
>>
>>28266043
just give up you end anyway as NEET. STEM is a meme
>>
>>28266043
>I wanna do an art major but I know how fucking useless it is.
maybey
but so is stem unless you are at the top 5%
do what you want anon.
>>
>>28266043
STEM is a meme anyways.

Just become NEET or kys.
>>
>>28266043
>implying that you have to pursue STEM to live a stable and somewhat lavish financial lifestyle.
>>
>>28266043
take it from me , STEM is going to be a waste of time, its just not going to get you a job. if you want to be an art major go for it, the job prospects will be more or less the same.
>>
>>28266043

It's not about what you do, it's where you go.
>>
>>28266043
Don't go to school then retard learn a trade.
>>
>>28266228
>/thread on your own post
really ?
>>
>>28266043
Then don't do it. STEM isn't the only option out there.

Dead set on completing the college meme?
>Business (ridiculously easy aside from one little calc course, being extroverted helps)
>Pre-med (high risk, high return)
>Pre-law (only if you don't mind doing ALOT of reading as a student)

If none of those sound appealing & you legit can't handle STEM, PLEASE do your wallet a favor & drop out of college. Fuck what your parents think, fuck everyone else. Then you can:

>study from home earn certs, make connections & get a nice IT job w/o taking weeder math courses
>take up a trade (Seriously. Lots of people still do this.)
>become a mortician, garbageman, bricklayer, trucker, etc.

Did I mention becoming a trucker? They are going to be in high demand soon. The average trucker is 57 years old (I heard that 3 years ago).

t. CS major who browses /sci/ & /g/ a fair bit
>>
Post the 'do you even lift' one.
>>
>>28266043
I've heard computers/programming is a stable job in terms of automation in the future. That's STEM though isn't it? Learn a language and become a translator. Go into Uni and talk to a career advisor maybe. Research what low-tier degrees have job security/upcoming demand.
>>
About to be senior mechanical engineering student, what are you having trouble with?

Before you say anything my first word of advice is that school is not about how smart you are, but how hard you work. Yeah you'll have an advantage if you're smart, but the work ethic is what really gets you the grades you want.
>>
>>28266043
Look up the answers on Chegg, MORAN.
>>
I got an EE degree instead of doing what I wanted
now I work at a factory assembling parts for a low wage...
>>
File: 1356240477621.png (305 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1356240477621.png
305 KB, 500x405
>>28266623
>it's the med>EE shitposter again
>>
>>28266668
>>28266668
>>it's the med>EE shitposter again
im not sure i follow
>>
File: 1461014969537.jpg (128 KB, 660x534) Image search: [Google]
1461014969537.jpg
128 KB, 660x534
>>28266043
As much as I wanted to join the union like my uncle and make money I'm currently in an art school with blind ambition, you just have to make it work
>>
>>28266390
Ignore this anon
>>
>>28267410
no anon
if he's struggling then he's just not going to do well and have a low gpa
and if he doesn't do well then he's not going to get a job
meaning
WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.