[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/unifeels/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>midnight tonight deadline
>6:30 PM
>barely going to make it because i have to spend ~2 hours waiting for data to fucking compress
JUST
>>
>>28265887
You can do it man! Let's Go!
>>
>>28265887
what's your project, anon?
>>
>exam tomorrow
>stare at material and understand nothing
>waste the hours
I'll be up all night again and I don't even think it'll help me.
>>
>2nd year CompSci major
>programming isn't even fun anymore
>resorting to extra credit because couldn't turn in a major program
>it's Heaps, which I understand conceptually just fine, but I can't figure out how to implement recursively with Linked List Nodes instead of an Array
>don't even know why she's forcing us to use LLNodes because it's the least efficient and more complex solution
>I don't even know what my current grade is in this class
>without this extra-credit, I might not even finish with a C
>can't find any help online
>can't even manage to get all A's and B's while having no friends or job and attending a party school
>>
this project gonna make me kill myself desu
>>
>>28265887
>>28268074
Tell us the project man
>>
>>28268148
see >>28266779

I've never felt this clueless with a CS project before
>>
>>28268219
Maybe try asking the programming thread on /g/?
>>
>>28266779
Such a waste of time. I've been programming professionally for 3 years now and I've never had to implement a linked list. Just drop out and get a job if you can actually program
>>
>>28268490
>Just drop out and get a job if you can actually program
Good luck getting even an interview if you have no degree. The degree itself is worthless, but they use it to filter down the massive number of applicants, so you're fucked if you don't have one.
>>
>>28268442
I expect they'll tell me to piss of because it's a homework question by I posted it anyway. Thanks for the idea.
>>
>>28266779
>already been in school for two years
>freaking out this much over heaps
wew lad you're not going to make it
>>
>>28268637
Dude, I understand heaps just fine. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to implement a heap through a linked-list data structure, which according to very limited information concerning this implementation that I've found online, involves excessive complexities and defeats the purpose of the Heap itself.
>>
>>28268707
If your prof hasn't given strict restrictions other than storing it in a linked list, why not just think of the list as an extensible array and place elements as you normally would in an array, leaving some nodes blank?
>>
>>28268707
Don't you just treat it like a tree but the parent nodes are greater than the children? It's been a year since I took data structures so I may be remembering wrong. Are you allowed to have multiple pointers to nodes in each node?
>>
>>28268759
Because that's still not linked list implementation. Sounds way too shady.

>>28268778
I already wrote the Node class, each having a left and right child with an int key, so yeah it has multiple pointers.

In the node insertion case, though, I've no idea how I'm supposed to recognize when I've hit the end of the level and traverse to the tree's opposite side and start a new level.
>>
>Tfw failed two classes and barely got 3 Cs last semester
>Tfw this semester made honor roll

Feels good friends
>>
>>28265887
>tfw Computer Networking exam on Thursday
>still haven't looked at the prof's study guide
>haven't opened the book in 2 weeks
>got grades in the 40's on the first two exams
>>
>full ride scholarship
>graduating in two weeks with ~3.6 GPA in Comp. Sci.
>already accepted to start a full time software development job at one of the biggest tech companies in the world in June

It's ok, I guess.
>>
>>28265887
>tfw graduated from uni last month
>tfw full raging neet mode since
>getting fatter and lazier each day

How do i stop this
>>
>>28268910
Shouldn't the end of the level be pointing to NULL? Try something where you split the tree in two and search for a free spot (the left child is occupied but the right child is not) and if all children are occupied then you start a new level.
>>
>marking student assignments
>15 hours after deadline
>didn't make it
>doesn't matter because it's not my problem
>I'll just finish it whenever as long as it isn't like a week late
>>
File: neil.jpg (16 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
neil.jpg
16 KB, 300x232
>almost done with uni
>not even close to having a "college experience"
>no parties, no raunchy nights with friends, just commuting to school from home and working for over 3 years
>I turn 23 in a few months and people 5 years younger than me have better high school memories than I do of college

This was my one chance at having a normal life and I fucked it up. I was homeschooled my entire life and now I get to hate the rest of it too.
>>
>25 page literature review due tomorrow
>comprehensive exams on thursday

i think i can make it if i try.
>>
>>28269217
To clarify, what you would do is check if both children are null and if they are you check the next lowest node going from left to right and once all nodes have been checked in the left side of the tree you check the right side of the tree for a free spot. You might need a variable that can track which level you are on.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.