[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finally doing robots, I'm moving to LA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
I'm finally doing robots, I'm moving to LA.
>>
>>28264971
seems like la would be a bad place for robots
normies everywhere
>>
>>28264990

Big cities are perfect for robots the anonymity is great + all the different stuff you can do
>>
>>28265045
Maybe New York or Chicago but LA? Are you fucking serious? That city has the fakest and most pretentious people of all. Why the hell would any robot wanna be there?
>>
LA is hell
>>
>>28265173
Chicago over LA? You serious bro? LA is a 1000 times better
>>
>>28264971
As someone that has lived in LA his whole life I can tell you that it's the best place in the world and these anons are fucking retarded and jealous poorfags that can't afford it.
>>
>>28265045
I'll second this. I'm in nyc and it's basically a perfect location for a robot.

Outside of my job I have complete anonymity. I can walk around and do whatever I want without bumping into the same chads and stacys I went to hs with. I have no idea how you rural and suburb robots can deal with that.

I can go out to a bar or museum or play and be completely alone without worring about meeting anyone I've ever seen before. Everyone keeps to themselves and doesn't bother you, but if you want to try to join a group or follow a hobby there is a meetup for basically every interest you could ever think of and there are other robots everywhere if you know where to look. Yea the cost of living and rent is high, but unless you're an ignorant poorfag with no education or skills that's not a problem at all. I could never survive in a small town. My anxiety of being surrounded by the same functional Normies everyday would rip me apart
>>
>>28265301
this you basically have half the world within a 70 mile radius, wouldn't want to grow up anywhere else
>>
NYC here. I like the weather in LA, but that's where it stops. It's not even really a city.
>>
>tfw I'd love to live in any california city
>tfw I'll be trapped in New Jersey for the rest of my life.

How do I make it out? I just want to get out.
>>
>tfw have to decide whether not to move to Irvine
Their CS program is supposed to be better than the other UC I'm looking at but I'm not sure ifI could adjust to so cal. Good on you though OP enjoy
>>
>>28265606
dude, LA is basically the same thing as Jersey in June.
>>
>>28264971
TUNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3IFV1ywUoI
>>
>>28265471
What? Its like 80 in December and 100 in july
>>
>>28265790
I mean there are tons of stuff to dis LA about, but the weather aint one of them. Spent most of Feb in Laurel Canyon this year. I will take NYC April-Dec, but man LA is tempting Jan, Feb & March.
>>
>>28265662
LA. is much nicer and so are its people.
>>
>>28266108
It's basically the same thing. Freeway culture.
>>
>>28265264
LA is a meme city. I can't understand why anyone would actually want to live there
>>
>>28266214
LA doesn't have the awful Italian influence.
>>
>>28267037

It just has an awful nignog influence
>>
>>28267037
yeah, instead you get to be 55% Mexican (and that's just counting the legals).

Advantage: Jersey
>>
>>28266270
>LA is a meme city.
Yeah, I really don't get it. You can sit in traffic way cheaper.
>>
>>28267128
Mexicans have better attitudes than Guineas. New Jersey also has its fair share of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans.
>>
>a robot
>moving to LA

No. You'd be much better off somewhere in the northeast, or maybe even PNW if you can handle the hipsters.
>>
>>28267189
Yeah but Jersey isn't bankrupt with high taxes and piece of shit unusable civic services.

kek at business in LA having to pay taxes and then pay extra to get their trash picked up and the streets cleaned.

Kek at the school system being unusable.

Kek at Downtown basically being a humongous Hooverville,.

kek at 911 no longer corresponding to calls

LA is a piece of shit.

It's basically North Tijuana at this point.
>>
>>28267381
>It's basically North Tijuana at this point.
Basically. North Tijuana with a sprinkling of Jews.
>>
>>28266270
whats so meme about it.

>>28267547
you ever even been to any of those cities they dont compare, maybe south central and east la but thats about it

from la here, its pretty ok. convenient cause lots of stuff to do (if you have a car) like any big city. lots of different types of people too so you can find a niche anywhere.
>>
>>28267672
Yeah, Ive been to both cities. Spent a week in Downtown LA lst month. Smh. It's basically a tent city. WTF LA?

dude LA is basically 90% garbage dump, 10% paradise.
>>
File: 1437015774339.png (346 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
1437015774339.png
346 KB, 439x500
>>28264971
How about you move to someplace nice but smoke a pack of cigarettes a day so you still get cancer anways?

Also what kind of retard builds a city in the desert? [/spoiler
>>
>>28265173
>Chicago
People in Chicago are pretty fucking pretentious seeing as it's all yuppy hipsters and upper class businessmen. And I would imagine new york would be the same only with lots of immigrants
>>
>>28268197
dude Chicago is a bunch of fat flyover yahoos.
>>
>>28267750
>he went downtown
>>
>>28267845
LA isn't a desert, it's sub-tropical or some shit, the hills have vegetation

You are thinking of Palm Springs or Las Vegas
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 214x235
>>28268450
>live in Brooklyn
>in LA
>everyone says you should go downtown, it's just like Brooklyn now
>go downtown
>It's nothing like Brooklyn

mfw
>>
>>28265173
Are you kidding? New York is the most pretentious hipster place there is
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.