[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make a constant effort to remember not to fidget around in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1458271628959.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1458271628959.png
156 KB, 270x270
>make a constant effort to remember not to fidget around in public
>constantly remind myself to do eye contact
>constantly remind myself not to absentmindedly play with my hands or tap rhythms on nearby surfaces
>eventually able to maintain illusion of being normal at least from a distance
>manage to make a friend
>start to relax around them
>those behaviors start to come out again because I'm not on guard
>they look weirded out and ask if I'm ok
>twice
>>
You're creating stimulus because you don't acquire it from around you
>>
>>28264520
But surely I'm getting the same amount as everyone else?
>>
>>28264639

Maybe literally, but you pay it no mind. How's your empathy?
>>
>>28264670
I don't know, how do you measure that?
>>
>>28264725

You don't, you just need to use it. How have you learned to socialize, dialogue cues? Have you moved up to bodily or vocal cues?
>>
>>28264891
>dialogue cues?
I guess? I really have no idea what I'm doing socially. I just got kind of lucky that circumstances forced me into close interaction with a high energy normie long enough to make a connection.
>>
>>28264021
This is why normalfags say "be yourself". Because your self will come out eventually whether you want it to or not.
>>
>>28264958

There's lots of reading material, you can go to the library and pick up actual books on socializing and empathy that would help. As you begin to absorb and understand your peers' behaviors and build social awareness your mind will naturally tune into them, and their feelings, and then you'll have them more or less controlled. Your goal is to build serotonin, which flows when you connect with people

So prozac or mdma works too
>>
>>28265067
Maybe that would be the only way. The only reason I have the limited skills I have now is because when I was helping to interview candidates at work my supervisor said that I was making them nervous and he took me aside for like an hour and practiced basic social skills with me. It was humiliating but honestly helped.
>>
>>28265412

Holy shit, you have a job? I thought you were some 15yo nondiagnosed autists

Yeah seriously get some of those books, library or looking online, but I personally would order some mdma from a domestic vendor, just once, for you to get a feel for what you more or less should be feeling as a human being (if not a little exaggerated), however I'm not sure how foolproof that would be so I'd suggest you do it with a friend
>>
>>28265502
>mdma
I'm way too paranoid to try that kind of thing, but I'll look into the books.
>>
>>28265527

Do it, bitchboy. There won't be any damage from once, or lasting damage from when you inevitably go nuts with the rest of what you buy. And it does have real helpful potential, spiking up your serotonin so that you can know what doing it right feels like and consequently helping you identify emotions in your self and others and carrying on that info sober

It's definitely improved my socialization but I'm practically a chad by some standards so again, maybe it won't be as good to you. Or maybe it'll be better?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.