[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about our opinions on normie popular music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: 1171030.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1171030.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
ITT: we talk about our opinions on normie popular music.
>>
shit like drake and beyonce is utter shit

house music is goat

this is my opinion
>>
>>28258272
i actually liked that album. a lot like Take Care
>>
I like feel no ways
>>
>>28258310

I like some hip-hop like drake, but most is shit
>>
I really like awolnation.
>>
File: 1343191049797.jpg (63 KB, 648x720) Image search: [Google]
1343191049797.jpg
63 KB, 648x720
It's a Jewish plot to indoctrinate entire nations with the American values of consumerism and decadence. It also sounds like shit.
>>
>>28258362
I know that but if you ignore the message some of it is alright.
>>
>>28258362
what other values are worth espousing? islam fundamentalism? american consumerism and decadence got me this sweet computer to play video games on. I couldn't be happier
>>
>>28258297
that is a good opinion
>>
>>28258420

Right wing nationalism and love and western dominance over other weaken nations. Love of a peaceful homogenous society.
>>
If you can't play an instrument your music is automatically shit.

That means the overwhelming majority or modern popular music is shit
>>
File: muhmusic.png (1 MB, 1467x628) Image search: [Google]
muhmusic.png
1 MB, 1467x628
>>28258343
i only listen to hip hop and rap but yet i hate the black culture that it perpetuates. kind of hypocritical but i just cant stop listening to these fucking bangers
>>
This album is wonderful you guys should give it a listen
>>
>>28258519

Kanye, drake,future, the weeknd and childish gambino are for the most part the only hip hop 'artists' I listen too.
>>
Why am I seeing so much Drake shit around lately? Is he really popular in the US? It feels like viral marketing.
>>
>>28258582

Just release an album, but also has a deal with apple so thats who is promoting him.
>>
>>28258519
Geez man get some taste. Are you a 16 year old wigger or something?
>>
>>28258578
ive been loving Vince Staples lately
>>
Country music today is pop with a southern twang.
Pop music is all the fucking same.
Kayne should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity by ruining music.

It's awful to be alive in today's world.
>>
>>28258619
trying to insult someone for their music taste is like saying someone is a faggot for not liking the same color as you. grow up lmao
>>
>>28258582
Drake is part of the chosen tribe. Of course he gets major promotion from the music industry
>>
>>28258272
This album was a snoozer. Literally nothing new or interesting in it.
>>
>>28258297
That's funny, cause I think Drake/Beyonce/Rihanna/Kanye etc are great, but house music is fucking garbage.

>tfw hate modern EDM but it's pretty much the most popular form of music in my country
>>
>>28258472
hehe xDDDDDDDDD *tips fedora*
>>
File: 1451433138085.png (36 KB, 324x246) Image search: [Google]
1451433138085.png
36 KB, 324x246
twenty one pilots s/t is an okay album, i was told to listen to it by a qt and I was expecting it to be trash, but its okay. nothing special, nothing to horrendously bad.
>>
File: Pout.png (616 KB, 749x765) Image search: [Google]
Pout.png
616 KB, 749x765
Don't really know your definition of normie music is, but some of it is okay. I just know two kinds of normie music:
>White Ghetto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-V0-A8PiaY
Really a toss up of if it's shitty or okay
>Hipsters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g
Complete shit
>Edgy Chads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgk3u44W2i4
Pisses me off because I'm a metal fan and this makes me rage when they say how good they are.
Also hate normies when it comes to music because they never have their own taste / opinions.
>>
>>28258636
>le born in the wrong generation guise!!!XD
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAxujKev1I

folk rock is the best for comfy
>>
it's annoying hearing the same song over and over everyday. once a artist releases a new song then they play that song over and over.
>>
File: 1433119205974.jpg (226 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1433119205974.jpg
226 KB, 640x960
>>28258272
Absolute fucking trash. It sucks because that's what I listen to in the car because our radio stations suck. I don't like country. The rock station only plays edgy linkin park crap. We have like 4
lol stations. Why? You only play too 40? I don't want to switch the station and hear the exact same song. I wish my casette player worked. I do like some oil music from time to time. I liked the hills cause that drop and roses by chainsmokers.

Why is there no electronic station?
>>
>>28258744
>>28258714
>le RIGHT generation xxxDDD

Honestly, making blanket statements about how there's absolutely nothing wrong with modern music is just as bad as making blanket statements about how all modern music is shit.
>>
A healthy mind only listens to Beethoven, Wagner and Bruckner, and rejects sounds of American cultural imperialism.
>>
>>28258297
>house
>goat

electronic music is garbage, especially modern day, watered down, same-y sounding shit that gets noticed
>>
>>28258862
>le i have such a superior taste in music that im able to collectively make assumptions on the music industry as a whole
>*tips fedora*
>>
>>28258862
every decade of music had good and bad moments, we only remember the good stuff so the past looks better
>>
>>28258899
"Electronic music" has the potential to be great. When done well it's fucking amazing.

Unfortunately the biggest trend in electronic music for over a decade is dance music, which is pig disgusting normie shit with no depth other than "muh drop" and "muh beat".
>>
>>28258964
Once again neurotypicals prove that everything turns to shit as soon as they touch it. No exceptions.
>>
>>28258930
>Acting like that was what I said or even implied

Come the fuck on mate.

My point was that this /mu/-based crowd of people who think that any complaint against modern music is "le wrong generation" is just as bad as the "le wrong generation" crowd themselves.

These days you can't even say "I dislike X pop/rap artist" on 4chan without some /mu/tant fucktard crawling out of the woodwork to cry "le wrong generation!" "le fedora tip!"
>>
>>28259047
hahaha you're so mad that i was right lmao. stay btfo chump
>>
>>28258899
>electronic music is garbage
KEK
Way to prove you have no idea what you're talking about.
What you meant to say is "EDM is garbage".
>>
Post normie repellent.
I've pissed off a good number of normies with this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDHr5r0iIY
>>
Drake is miley cyrus. Anyone who can't wrap their fucking head around the fact that Drake is the rapping version of miley cyrus can choke on my dick. If you've ever tried to get into his stuff its like saying "I listened to an ariana grande album and now I'm a big fan"
>>
>>28259271

This is very nice.

Here's my reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6wwtZXGta8&index=10&list=RDHKY38Nx8dSo&ab_channel=AgustinaArcondo
>>
The amount of electronic music used as intros to youtube videos.......... WHERE DO THEY FIND THIS GARBAGE, WHY DID THEY DOWNLOAD THIS GARBAGE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbV1y5iaE8&ab_channel=ModularPeople

Literally Chad: The Song.
>>
>>28259318
you're not an Aria fan? Jesus Christ my man do us all a favor and kill yourself
>>
Anything posted by SuicideSheep.

It all sounds sterile, devoid of feeling, and exactly the same.

Easy for normies to get into and pretend to like.

I have a hypothesis that normies only like things for the sake of creating things in common with other normies and improving their social lives.

Kind of like women, actually.
>>
>>28259271
Living next to a frat house, I always keep a nice playlist and find that most noise rock, grindcore, and power violence keep them away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jKY-ZJ6Qc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4oBAXrk93A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efpHs41Zrm4
>>
Hip hop can be ok but shit like Panda, Ran Off Da Plug Twice, Trap Queen, Bitch Better Have My Money and other songs they play 520579 times a day on the radio make me want to slice my ears off

Country is shit

Pop is shit

I can respect folk and solo guitar performers like Ed Sheeran but I find them really boring

Mainstream EDM like Steve Aoki, Tiesto and David Guetta is shit
>>
>>28258519
Where is Mac Miller?
>>
who else /cutoff from the popular music world/

>listen to dubstep and a bunch of sub-genres, usually find this stuff on soundcloud/other websites
>never listen to the radio or watch TV
>literally don't know lyrics to any top 40 songs

not even trying to be a pretentious music fag, i simply just don't know anything about popular music
>>
>>28259271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEcD3G8wAqI

>>28259339
Quite enjoy this
>>
File: 1449706288195.jpg (75 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1449706288195.jpg
75 KB, 480x336
Haven't listened to the new Drake album yet but I quite liked If You're Reading This It's Too Late. It's normie as fuck but I really liked the production.

However, he put his album out on the same day as the new Aesop Rock and I know what one I, a backpacker rap wank, would pick
>>
>>28259533
This is the preferable status. I don't like the fact I know poo songs but I'm not gonna drive on silence
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
All of Kygo's songs sound like the same shitty polyphonic ringtone I had on my phone in the early '00s

Everything on this CD is awful.
>>
>>28259533
>listen to midwest emo, witch house, shoegaze
>haven't listened to a radio for music in over 10 years
>have no idea about what's in the charts
>>
>>28259667
>have no idea about what's in the charts
mostly shit. and if you wanted to listen to whats on the radio, you'd want the album releases instead because they haven't been censored or changed for radio
>>
>>28259271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MR444iOo-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI
>>
for a while i tried keeping up with this type of normie music just to understand the trends.

i can't listen to it anymore, most of it is just shit. kendrick lamar's latest album was shit, kanye's was awful, i'm not even going to bother listening to drake.

shitty nu-nigger music
>>
>>28260053
>queue dozens of drakes paid shills to come in and talk about amazing his music is
>>
>>28258272
Does anyone else collect the old NOW albums? I have 5-7 (7 is kind of the limit for me), I have 3-4 somewhere, and I still need to get 1 and 2.

Also, what's your opinion on Hotline Bling? I don't care for Drake, but I think the song is just so awful.
>>
>>28258297
House music is dog shit
>>
>>28259271
Some top-tier normie repellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJpfhuYby2E
>>
Any """rapper""" who is played on radio is trash and people only think the music is good cause of the shitty trap beat that took a nigger 5 minutes to create in a trial version of FL.
>>
>>28261439
b-but

m-muh KANYE IS A GENIUS
>>
>>28258272
It's foreign and strange to me, and usually isn't very original so I don't go out of my way to listen to it, but it's okay when it comes on. A fascinating windows into what normies take for granted.
>>
>>28261463
college dropout was a pretty neat album
everything after that is boring imo
>>
>>28261569
i can't listen to any of his garbage anymore

it's just a clusterfuck of shitty production, i don't know how anyone finds it good, it seriously sounds awful.
>>
nightcore is the only genre for true robots
>>
>>28258272

i am listening to this new drake album right now because...if it's so popular it must be good right?

wrong, it's literally pure shit. it's just a fucking canadian nigger talking over a beat. there's nothing else going on.

the content is all about, i don't know, drake getting mildly annoyed at women who don't enjoy the decor of his apartment

beyonce's album is also pure shit

good christ i hate nigger culture

the fact that these two albums are so popular is a clear indicator of america's slide into multicultural hedonic nihilism
>>
>>28261715
it's not even nigger music at this point, it's nu-nigger music that white people listen to
>>
All normie music is shit. End of story.
>>
>>28261810

i just listen to smooth jazz these days unless i'm working out...which i guess is ironic because jazz used to be the "nigger music." except that it's a million times more bearable than the shit out now.

i think niggers have just gotten worse, the culture has imploded, we are in a dark age of popular culture

things used to be at least somewhat wholesome, now everyone is on this roller coaster of materialism and instant gratification
>>
I can count on one hand the number of times I've willingly listened to normie music in the past 5 years. Only when I'm out shopping do I hear it, and it's still as bad as it used to be.

Then again, music is a meme and worthless anyways.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.