[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do weebs think of One Piece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
I've heard a lot of anime lovers say they hate it but I watched a few episodes and I think it's pretty gud desu.
>>
>>28257752
The plot is very rinse/repeat.

Read the manga instead.
>>
>>28257752
decided to watch it.
>Thriller bark arc

JUST
>>
>>28257752
Not a weeb but the art style is atrocious. It makes me think that only really lame pasty white suburban kids with a strict dad and soccer mom would watch
>>
>>28257752

I stopped watching it in the middle of dressrosa because the pacing turned into Zeno's paradox.
>>
>>28257752
I didn't like One piece. I preferred Naruto and Bleach. I might like One piece subbed though. There has to be a reason it's popular.
>>
>>28257795
Huh? I watched up the smoker dude so from the beginning
>>
Not a weeb but I love One Piece.
Really the only manga I still read, can't stand anime or manga.
>>
>>28257906
OP here, the English dubbed version is trash, it's actually more aimed towards kids, the Japanese Dubbed w/english subs is way better, better more voice acting and more mature themes.
>>
Wan piss is shit.

Don't waste your time with it. There are better shounen anime out there but i'm not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
pretty shit m8, just watch Inferno Cop
>>
>>28257919
>Really the only manga I still read, can't stand anime or manga
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>28257963
You seen Parasyte, that shit is great
>>
>>28257986
Meant I can't stand other anime or manga. One Piece is the only manga I still read from back in my weeb days.
>>
File: doflamingo.png (136 KB, 441x492) Image search: [Google]
doflamingo.png
136 KB, 441x492
I've watched like a billion series and am a certified anime and manga expert.

One Piece is great, but as mentioned in an earlier post, its arc structure is repeated over and over. Great world-building, awesome fights/showdowns, excellent characters, surprisingly good character development, etc.

The art style is great, though it takes a little time to get used to, and character designs are hit or miss.

You can safely watch the anime until around Thriller Bark, then it's best to switch to the manga.

On a more personal note, it has my favorite "I'll have to use that" moment in any series (Gear Second against Blueno).

It's basically the best refinement of adventure/battle shounen in existence. If you don't like battle shounen or all the tropes and cliches related to that, you'll hate One Piece anyway.
>>
File: 1411509149021.jpg (23 KB, 474x309) Image search: [Google]
1411509149021.jpg
23 KB, 474x309
>>28257963
>I want people to consume good media like I do so that more quality content can be created, but I'm not going to point entry-level viewers towards that content because muh pathetic weeb superiority complex
I never understood this mindset tbqh
>>
File: Doflamingo_Original_Anime_Color.png (681 KB, 1129x720) Image search: [Google]
Doflamingo_Original_Anime_Color.png
681 KB, 1129x720
>>28258107

He just doesn't want to get mocked for his actual preferred series. Wan Piss is easily near the top of all battle shounen series.
>>
Where were you when anime and manga culture died when moeshit took over?
I was at home asleep.
>>
>>28258229
>>28258075
>watched a billion series
>still doesn't realize how shit wan piss is
Thats some mighty strong shit taste you got there pal.
>>
>>28258229
But how is he going to be mocked by someone who is literally entry-level and has no knowledge of anime beyond the most mainstream titles? Also, he didn't say that, he just folded his arms and said, "Figure it out yourself, pissbaby," to someone genuinely interested in the form.
>>
>>28258075
>>28258107
Do you guys know which website I can watch it on? I started watching it a while back but I can't remember which site I used. Preferably ones w/o popups n shit, I really don't want to get a virus from watching anime.
>>
It became unreadable during Marineford and hasn't recovered

The art was always an acquired taste, but you could always tell what was going on. The mangaka developed so many bad habits during the war arc because of all the spreads, and he never got the magic back. The constant "badly drawn head of a character to signify who is talking" is the worst offender, during the Fishman Island arc it felt like we barely even saw the main characters
>>
>>28258431
crunchyroll has the whole series
>>
File: realniggahours1.png (484 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
realniggahours1.png
484 KB, 640x480
>>28258293

Wow brah, scathing. You sure showed me.

>>28258339

Because other posters will call him out on being a pretentious faggot, obviously.
>>
>Because other posters will call him out on being a pretentious faggot, obviously.
I didn't see that in his post, and even if someone feels that way, they need to grow the fuck up and stop caring what other people think. Some weeb faggot is always going to start shit over anime, no mater what.
>>
>>28258448
Marineford is hailed as one of the best arcs in the series. See the sales surge during that arc.
But I'll give you the heads and Fishman Island thing.
The head thing just shows a lot happening at once on the panels while the Fishman Island arc was just backstory after backstory.
>>
File: 135703103419l.jpg (56 KB, 482x404) Image search: [Google]
135703103419l.jpg
56 KB, 482x404
Considering what it is and how ungodly long it's been airing, I'd say it holds up pretty well. Some arcs drag on and some times the animation screams "we're not getting paid anywhere near enough", but there's good moments in between and I'm yet to see anything else that offer a sense of fun and adventure of the same magnitude. Thank fuck the Dressrosa arc is wrapping up now tho.

>>28258075

Pretty well worded. Seeing you're a pro, what's your top10 animu?
>>
>>28258431
Kissanime or gogoanime.tv are great anime sites
>>
>>28258229

I miss when Doflamingo was more of a behind the scenes manipulator than a direct threat to the Straw Hats.
>>
>>28258448
>>28258518

During these large scale conflicts there's just way too much going on in each panel, it feels like everything is just clutter except for the main character fights.

I barely comprehended what was going on during fishman island other than Luffy vs Hody/Straw Hats showing off their new techniques.

I gotta disagree with you on marineford though. We finally got a chance to see what many of the stronger characters were capable of and it set the tone for the rest of the series.
>>
>>28258936
To be fair, most fans agree that Fishman Island arc was a low point in the series. I feel like, since then, every arc after that has been an improvement.
People complain about Dressrosa all the time but most don't realize that it will most likely be one of the most important arcs in the future.
>>
>>28258075
> get guys I'm an expert at watching Chinese cartoons! Everyone pay attention to me!

Literally kys you autistic manchild
>>
>>28259519
Get
Hey*
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.