[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw people who wanted help are done with courses pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: programminggirl.jpg (257 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
programminggirl.jpg
257 KB, 800x600
>tfw people who wanted help are done with courses pretty much
>mentorees are unresponsive
I'm addicted to being needed.
http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/28054662/
>>
Teach me to program senpai
>>
>>28252397
Preferably euro hours btw.
>>28252422
Can do
[email protected]
What do you want to learn?
>>
well i need a gf
>>
>>28252397
I have a C++ class this summer and intent to teach myself some before before classes start. I've only taken one course and the most i've learned were functions, structs and some other basic stuff. If you're interested in helping beginners I'd love some help. If you're not sure due to my level on the topic I can pastebin you my last project for my class.
>>
>>28252443
Oh no to be clear I'm not a girl.
You're insane for assuming you'd find a robot programming girl though.
>>28252450
Sure. Email me.
>>
>>28252441
Anything. What do you recommend as the best language to start with? Maybe Java.
>>
>>28252464
Never thought browsing r9k would be productive... Ty senpai
>>
>>28252476
Do you have any specific goals? Maybe something you just want to do because it would motivate you?
>>
>>28252397
I fall asleep within 10 minutes of reading, how should I learn?
>>
>>28252498
I always wanted to learn how to code, my dad was a software engineer. It would be a nice hobby, I think, and fun.

I'm kind of stuck in a rut of not doing anything and being a useless NEET, at least I can learn something.
>>
This is probably really stupid, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Should I try learning by doing projects, or just doing shit like Code Academy?

I ask because I already have something I want to try, but I have no prior programming knowledge. So even if I manage to build something, it will probably be a nigger-rig piece of shit.

But it still sounds more fun than mindlessly doing Code Academy courses.

What should I do?
>>
>>28252517
>I fall asleep within 10 minutes of reading, how should I learn?
Tutoring.
We can Skype and I can tell you stuff and you can ask any questions you want regardless of how stupid. No standards. No shame.
I don't think it'd be productive for me to always be there though. But if you want theoretical explanations on stuff I can help you. I can also provide assignments for you to solve.
>>28252524
I'm most proficient in C (which to some extent is C++ but I hate OOP). I also think it's the best programming language to start with so we can start there. But if you feel that "I really wanna do something cool" somewhere along the line we can easily switch. Most languages are rather similar.
>>28252555
>projects or arbitrary stuff.
Depends on what you're learning. If you're learning (as you say you are) basic stuff then a project will probably not be the right thing for you because you don't know your options. It's like trying to plot a curve to fit some data in math when all you know is a linear function. Sure you may get close but it doesn't even compare to someone experienced and you don't really get much out of it.
>>
>>28252587
I'm cool starting with C. Lemme send you an email.
>>
>>28252397
What exactly have you made, I've tried teaching myself C++ but just gave up because I couldn't see myself making anything cool
>>
>>28252587
I see. Thanks for your reply.

I definitely don't want to form bad habits when I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
File: Langtons Ant SFML.webm (760 KB, 566x478) Image search: [Google]
Langtons Ant SFML.webm
760 KB, 566x478
>>28252595
>What exactly have you made
Nothing really in C++
I've made a few things. But I get too caught up in the wrong type of problems though. I've written more GLSL shader stuff than I have impressive C++ stuff. But I'm certain just about anyone can get something cool going in C++.
>>
>>28252678
yeah sounds pointless, what's the point of learning it if you can't do anything with it
>>
>>28252441
I just wrote you a letter, pls respond
>>
>>28252695
Well you can certainly do stuff with it. It's just that I haven't yet. Generally you just need some basics to get into doing something for real.
Like SFML. I find that with programming the options available to you quickly grow. It just looks very unimpressive to start. But I'd say that if problem solving doesn't appeal to you (hopefully whatever learning materials you had attempted to give you that kind of task) I recommend you spend your time on something else that's productive. Unless you really think it will be worth it.
No offense. I know that might sound rude but it's just me trying to let you know ahead of time.
>>28252720
Will do.
>>
>>28252587
>Skype
I can only write English, not speak.
I can shoot you an email of course, if you don't mind.

Guess I'll try reading again today...
>>
>>28252731
Yeah it's fine. We can just chat.
>>
>>28252750
>>28252731
Can I join too ?
>original postaroo ;^)
>>
>>28252781
You mean like a chat group? sure. I'l see to that if I can identify you both.
>>28252731
Who are you?
If you've sent me an email already. If you're not OK with group that's fine.
>>
Oh and since people seem confused. I don't use the same email i posted here for skype.
Send me an email first.
>>
>>28252808
Haven't sent a mail just yet, was just about to write one.
Group chat is fine, I guess.
>>
>choose a password between 6 and 20 characters
>password is too easy to guess
This is a shit game.
>>
>>28253074
I'l try and do better
>choose a password between 6 and 100
>when each character is converted to UTF-8 and summed it must not be a prime, divisible by 65 or a pop-culture reference after you divide the sum by 42 (integer division)
>unless it's tuesday
>anything can happen on tuesdays
Far more entertaining
but permits practically any password you'd normally have
>>
>>28252397
Is there a program that will help me kill myself? Can I code my suicide?
>>
>>28253224
I suggest hacking the NSA
You'll be dead fairly quickly and on the off chance you survive you'll have a reason to stay alive
>>
>>28253224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FdHq3WfJgs
Here.
Rip anon.
>>
>>28252850
Pretty sure I haven't gotten your email.
>>
>>28253416
Hnnm
Check your spam folder, sent from a cock.li account.
I sent it almost 50 minutes ago.
>>
>>28253462
Can't find it. Not in spam, trash or normal email.
>>
>>28253288
https://youtu.be/9FdHq3WfJgs?t=1054
Should have posted the timestamped version.
Damn.
>>
>>28253491
Aaah, I'll resend it
>>
>>28253598
Still nothing.
Just add me on skype:
snowey111

Gonna sleep now
>>
>>28253688
Ah, alright, will do.
Sorry for the trouble.
>>
>>28253703

whats yours ?
>originale postaroo la pasta
>>
>>28253958
Skype?
v.4.90.3000
Though I doubt I can be of any assistance.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.