[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fucked up sleeping pattern >forced to do an all-nighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: jui.jpg (22 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jui.jpg
22 KB, 600x450
>fucked up sleeping pattern
>forced to do an all-nighter in order to fix it
>can't do anything productive during the day because you're tired as fuck
>even after fixing it, you keep waking up later and later every day until it's back to where you started

who else here struggles with maintaining a normal sleeping pattern due to insomnia/depression/other?
>>
Same, next time I go to the doctor I'm gonna try to get sleeping pills because even taking melatonin and Tylenol doesn't do shit
>>
Yes. I am the same way.
>>
File: 1458873721470.jpg (148 KB, 1020x759) Image search: [Google]
1458873721470.jpg
148 KB, 1020x759
What's the point of having a normal sleeping pattern if there's nothing to get up for when you wake up?
>>
If you don't have a job, it's easy for your sleep schedule to get fucked because you have no place you have to be during the day. Mine's slipping for the millionth time and I'll be waking up at 7pm again.
>>
>stay up late
>wake up early to try to fix sleep schedule
>tired all day
>almost fall asleep at 6-8pm mark
>suddenly wide awake at 10pm mark
>wide awake til 5am

JUST......
>>
exact same situation. I found ibuprofen and a cold towel over my eyes really helps with the all nighter muscle aches and sleepy, burning eyes feeling. but regardless, my sleeping pattern inevitably gets fucked up again.

if you can find doxylamine at the store (it's OTC allergy medication) it's really worked for me as a sleeping aid desu. just too poor to get it right now. you should try it out.
>>
File: fru.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
fru.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>28252356
because it only makes everything feel 100x worse when you're living with your parents and waking up every day at 4pm just to play vidya for 15 hours and then sleep again. They knock and enter your room in the morning but shake their heads in disappointment because "oh of course anon is still sleeping"
>>
>>28252356
this t b h but I still feel like shit waking up on the wrong side of noon
>>
I got sleeping pills.
They're freaking bonkers.

I woke up at 22:00 one day and then took the pill at 00:00.
Woke up at 7AM.

It's like I have control over my life in some form.
>>
>>28252400
well... i've never taken drugs for this kind of thing before but thanks anon.
>>
Sleep at 5 am wake up at 3pm control next to bed for easy pepetitive gaming routine
>>
File: 1460216218688.png (90 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
1460216218688.png
90 KB, 312x332
>>28252406
I know this feel. My mom is surprised when I'm up before 1pm.
>>
>>28252406
Oh u said it b4 me I didn't even read it I'm unoriginal :( sad
>>
>>28252322
>>28252322
same ;-; there's no hope, is there?
>>
>>28252406
>tfw mom pulls you aside to talk because she's worried about your sleeping pattern
>have to nod and smile and promise to fix it when you know you won't
>just another way you're disappointing your parents
>>
Solution: Stop being a bitch and get up when you need to, at the time you need to. Doing it a day earlier will make you less of a derp.

It's really that simple. I have gone from schedules where I fall asleep at 8am and get up at 4-6pm to just going to sleep at 6am and getting up at 8. Take a nap from 3-4pm (if you have to), and then go to bed at 10. It works.
>>
>>28252472
fuck off this is a feels thread. no-one asked for your normalfag solutions to our problems.
>>
>>28252472
Yeah fuck u and ur totally valid and reasonable opinion
>>
>Try to fix my sleeping pattern
>Do all-nighter in hope to fix it
>get to sleep at next day 00:00
>wakes up at 6pm
>stay awake for next 4 days or longer.
>Sleeping pattern is even worse than before
> feel like garbage

I think I'm just broken in that matter.
Also I am afraid of taking sleeping pills because last time I used them I did really weird shit and lost memory of it instead of sleeping.
>>
>>28252424
they're not too crazy or anything - just make you feel kinda relaxed and you drift off to sleep, although different people have different reactions to it. it did help regulate my sleeping schedule... for a while. if you don't want to take drugs for it you're just gonna have to be really adamant about not staying up late, which is basically fucking impossible, at least for me. I'm just starting to accept I'm a night owl desu. good luck anon
>>
>>28252511
i'm a night owl too. I actually get severely depressed just from having to be active in the early mornings on a regular basis. I do find myself more productive in the evening and night time.
>>
>>28252558
Sleeping all day is just a being-young thing. I used to struggle not to wake up at sunset when I was in my twenties, now I'm 34 I reliably wake up at around 8-9am without trying and can't sleep all day even when I try.

When I was a teen I thought the reason older people don't sleep all day is that they're really disciplined. But now I know it's nothing to do with that, it's because your body just literally loses the ability to do it. Aging blows.
>>
kind of but i usually wake up at 12am and go to bed at 3am so it isn't that fucked up right senpai?
>>
>>28252322
I sleep from 4 am to 1 pm. Thats my natural sleeping pattern.
>>
>>28252509
>>28252472
Fuck you. Only normies can just get up in le morning
>>
i sleep from 2pm to 7pm OP fuck off with your "all nighters are soooo difficult" nonsense
>>
>>28252424
You could just take pain meds to sleep anon, something with a little codeine should help.
>>
>>28252462
>tfw parents don't give a single shit about your life
>I dont know if I should be happy or sad
>>
File: 1457888270594.jpg (189 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457888270594.jpg
189 KB, 1024x1024
>tfw no insomnia friend to complain about my horrible sleep and lack of energy with
>>
>constantly try to fix my sleep schedule
>going to sleep at 6am and waking up at 4
>finally fix it and go to sleep at 11pm
>wake up at 4 in the morning then go to sleep in the middle of the day

fuck this gay shit fuck it fuck fuck fuck
>>
>zero problems going to sleep when I feel tired
>but the time at which I feel tired gets pushed back every day, usually by an hour or so
>no idea how to stop it
>can't fall asleep at the same time every day, not even with pills
>every day I go to sleep slightly later and wake up slightly later
>a day for me lasts 25-26 hours

I have never met anyone who knows this feel
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.