[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/energy drinks/, do they work for long and hard sessions of study?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: energy-drinks.jpg (71 KB, 550x313) Image search: [Google]
energy-drinks.jpg
71 KB, 550x313
/energy drinks/, do they work for long and hard sessions of study? What are the collateral effects?
>>
>>28252004
Uh, they have caffeine. They make you less tired. If you want a no shit study aid, get adderall, but you might end up jerking for 48 hours straight.
>>
>>28252004
Is a shit. Brew chefir' instead.
>>
File: jesusdiedforthiscan.jpg (27 KB, 150x366) Image search: [Google]
jesusdiedforthiscan.jpg
27 KB, 150x366
Only thing I've found that works.
Taste a bit like someone puking red bull in your mouth, but WITH 3X THE CAFFEINE
>>
>>28252004
How does burn taste?

Never had it. I liek the taste of red bull and monster original though
>>
>>28252004

Yes they work. It's just caffeine. Same shit happens if you drank way too much coffee.

>can develop dependence/tolerance
>irritability symptoms if addicted
>energy high then crash later

Main difference would be sugar content. I'm diabetic so I just drink the sugar free monsters.
>>
File: Wired Pssion Fruit.jpg (199 KB, 690x1600) Image search: [Google]
Wired Pssion Fruit.jpg
199 KB, 690x1600
>>28252043
These always get me way too uppity for my own good
I like the diet ones more
Eggcellent though, cheaper than monster and still tasty
>>
>>28252682
*Eggcellent taste
>>
File: drink of the year, all years.jpg (151 KB, 352x960) Image search: [Google]
drink of the year, all years.jpg
151 KB, 352x960
>>28252004
yeah, they'll make you more awake

the downsides are you'll get addicted to caffeine and get headaches when you don't have it, and you build up a tolerance to it as well.

they also have sugar and calories which can add up.

i'm strongly considering dropping soda and energy drinks as a caffeine source in favor of caffeine pills

some of them taste really good. generally the diet ones taste like absolute piss though.

i've tried probably half the energy drinks you can find on store shelves, ask me anything
>>
>>28252770
i've tried every one of them, and there are only like 5 that are even drinkable
Red Bull, some Monster flavors, Venom, Rip-It(tastes like absolute shit but i love it), and Nos
>>
>>28252826
Venom is underrated. And the reclosable aluminum bottles are cool af.
>>
File: IMG_20160501_121819[1].jpg (755 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_121819[1].jpg
755 KB, 3840x2160
just mix tartaric acid+taurin+stevia+caffeine thats rly cheap
>>
>>28252837
that's literally one thing i wish all sodas had
having a bigass can of bullshit with no closeable lid fucking sucks, i'm not gonna slam the whole thing in one go

people who drink Rockstar should kill themselves, it's literally the worst
>>
File: 1455597090559.jpg (231 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1455597090559.jpg
231 KB, 1280x960
>>28252004
If you buy caffeine powder then a equivalent dose is about 1 penny

even if you went max autismo and formulated the exact ingredients of a give drink the costs would never add up to what they charge for those things .

And that's without scale of economy on your side , how these company's buy in mass quantity.

These fuckers make a killing

>>28252839 this guy gets it

the other advantage of rolling your own is you can include / exclude whatever , and have the option to add stuff that's not commonly found in most

eg theanine , NALT , CDP choline , etc

Who /nootropics/ here ?
>>
>>28252030
How's concerta xl compared to adderall?
>>
>>28252826
some of the rockstar flavors taste good too

like the strawberry cream one, and the pina colada, and the green apple.

>>28252837
i can't find venom in the bottles anymore, just 16oz cans. the benefit is that they're literally $1 each. the mango one tastes the best imo
>>
>>28253092
>the mango one tastes the best imo
same tbqh
>>
From the ones that actually taste decently, Monster has little to no effect and Redbull is too strong. I get headackes and overenergetic, can't focus on things. But it's just me, everyone has a different bodies, so they have different effects for everyone
>>
>>28253218
>Monster has little to no effect and Redbull is too strong
this makes no sense desu

they have nearly identical energy ingredients and caffeine/ounce
>>
>>28252984
yo i'm looking at buying caffeine pills, are the ones with l-theanine added worth it? it's like $20 for 60 pills of 100mg caffeine vs $7 for 100 pills of 200mg caffeine
>>
>>28253241
As I said, everyone is different, maybe my brain is retarded, who knows
>>
>>28253218
>tfw neither Red Bull or Monster work on me anymore
I need like 2 cans to even feel anything
>>
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 608x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 608x960
>>28252004
Except for Red Bull and Burn, every bullshit energy drink tastes like sugar piss mixed with caffeine. When Monster and Rockstar got to my country in Eastern Yurop, every edgy skater teen was buying them because of all the promotion, but that until they actually tasted them and realized how shit they taste. Burn is a lot better tasting and cheaper imo.
>>
>>28253016
I don't know, I havn't done the shit since college, it was way too appealing and I knew I needed to stop or I'd be smoking ice in a trailer.
>>
>no one mentioning Reviewbrah
If you wanna know about energy drinks he's the guy to see.
>>
>>28252004
Relentless is best energy
>>
>>28253250
you seem to have missed my point

the mark up on stuff put into capsules is typically high

such as the prices you just mentioned

I recommend theanine to anyone who will listen

Buy a capsule filler machine and empty gel caps

Get bulk from powdercity or someplace reputable the faq at r/nootropics (inb4 reddit RRREEEEE ! )

7 buck for 20grams of caf is asspound tier the other price is lolcatz
>>
>>28253893
I-I actually drink monster for the taste. The original one is bretty disgusting, but the new white one is pretty great. Like a softer fanta with less fizz.
>>
>>28252030
I don't know how to buy drugs
>>
Energy do nothing for me. I once made the test, drank 2 monsters in a row and went to sleep

They're also overpriced af, but Monster is very good. I buy a can every 4 weeks or something and eat it alone with cheap pizza
>>
>>28254218
you eat the can? you must have strong teeth
>>
They work for me... But I cut back on them when I began experiencing heart palpitations.
>>
I never had an energy drink. A bit after I graduated high school I ended up weening myself off of soda and had to go through the caffeine withdrawals.

I won't be going back and trying my best going off my own energy.
>>
they taste like pe and aids
>>
>>28252004
Go with coffee.
I'm also researching why Monster's Rehab (Tea + Lemonade + Energy) gives me the shits. Great to quicken up your metabolism.
>>
>>28254664
>tfw you have to rely on a constant mix of dexamphetamine and caffeine pills just to stay awake and barely have enough motivation to do your job
>tfw you can barely get out of bed in the morning without abusing stimulants

I never asked for this.
>>
>>28254785
>not quitting cold turkey and giving into the maddening sleep that awaits you
>>
>>28254964
I just want to die desu
>>
>>28252038
Can you make chefir with green tea? It won't make you a petukh, will it?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.