[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thoroughly convinced Kanye West is a brilliant publicist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Kanye-West-hair-style.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-West-hair-style.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
I'm thoroughly convinced Kanye West is a brilliant publicist and a living genius. Consider his rise to fame; an unknown rapper starts making a name for himself in the hip hop/rap business in the late 90s. He's on his way to mainstream recognition but hasn't quite broken through yet. He needs a catalyst. So what does he do? He goes on live television and proclaims to the country that George W. Bush doesn't care about black people. This pisses off a lot of people and rallies others - regardless of faction, everyone knows his name. The key component here is racial divide, a long controversial topic of discussion in the US.
The late 00s come and he devises a plan to once again stir controversy and get his name on the front page.
At the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, he goes on stage and interrupts Taylor Swift's acceptance speech. This sends the internet into a frenzy and serves as the launchpad for Twitter's domination in all aspects of social media culture. The hashtag is born. More importantly though, millennials who were too young to understand the impact of his Bush comment now know who he is.

Thus, a cultural icon is born
>>
File: 1459447685691.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1459447685691.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>28250609
I like kanye, he is probably a robot. Just look at how he got his start as a producer, they would just lock him in a room with a mixing panel and he'd make sick beats like the idiot savant that he is.
>>
>>28250609
It helps that his early albums were really fucking good, too.
>>
>>28250609
I dont think hes a genius but hes an amazing publicist and one of very few rappers to stay relecant for so long. You can dislike him but to call him dumb and stupid like normies do is literally retarded because he is a smart guy
>>
>>28250609
Pretty sure Hova was one of the principal factors for his fame and fortune.
>>
>>28250810
Jay-Z gave him a shot, but that alone guarantees nothing, he could have easily fizzled out early. If The College Dropout was shit, it wouldn't have mattered how many friends he had.
>>
It's pretty sad that an African with an IQ of 100 is praised as being exceptionally smart by contrast.
>>
File: kimk.png (734 KB, 982x671) Image search: [Google]
kimk.png
734 KB, 982x671
I say the same thing about Kim Kardashian. No matter what this woman does, it dominates the media for at least a week. Normies claim to hate her but for some reason they just can't get enough of her.

>She marries Kris Humpries in 2011
>entire wedding is a media spectacle
>basically the royal wedding of the U.S.
>72 days later she files for divorce

Fucking. Genius. She and Humpries both had to have made millions on the wedding and the resulting boost to fame that they both got from it.
>>
File: 1434011734929.jpg (47 KB, 501x720) Image search: [Google]
1434011734929.jpg
47 KB, 501x720
>>28250609
He's one of the very few rappers that have managed to stay relevant for +10 years. He's an exceptional producer.

He may be hated on but I think he's pretty smart and speaks his mind disregarding what people may or may not think.

Anyone who thinks Kanye is shit hasn't listened to any of his albums from CD to Graduation and MBDTF and only base their opinions surrounding from his controversies alone.
>>
>>28250609
He's honestly made some amazing albums and can live off his existing rabid fanbase so he can do whatever
>>
he's a stupid talentless nigger
>>
>>28250929

I'm looking forward to many more keks due to Kim and Kanye's antics. Nobody riles up the normies like these two.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.