[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I leave 4chan? I feel like this has gone past my comfort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download (2).jpg (11 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11 KB, 299x168
How do I leave 4chan? I feel like this has gone past my comfort zone and into an addiction. I just don't have anything that psychologically fills in the gap. I'm trying to get into TV, but binge watching TV all day every day exhausts me.

What can I do to fill the hole in my brain when I decide to leave 4chan?
>>
>>28249537
Pick an MMO
>>
>>28249572
hearthstone or league of legends currently the best mmo
>>
>>28249572
>>28249599
I don't own a computer or any consoles. Any 3DS MMO's?
>>
Most would recommend finding a new hobby, I usually pick something and attempt to immerse myself in it even if it doesn't sound all that appealing at the time. I usually end up losing myself a little and having fun with it if only I put the effort forth.
>>
block it with a weblocker extension.
That's how I got the fuck off reddit.
>>
>>28249770
My hobbies are fun, but nothing that completely takes me away from 4chan altogether.
>>
>>28249818
Why not just get myself banned?
>>
im addicted to 4chan and there is no point in fighting it. i cant go cold turkey either.
>>
Literally just go outside all day without any technology.

Its what I do. Then when you get home watch a few TV shows and youtube videos. Done this and gone from several hours a day on 4chan to like 3 hours a week at most.
>>
>>28249944
because weblockers are easier.
And in 7 months when you have this habit under control you might still want to drop in every now and then to discuss the most recent mass shooting or witness pol fucking explode/implode based on who wins the presidential election.
I used to be addicted to reddit when I first discovered it. Then I became aware of how shitty it was but I was still addicted, so I blocked it. Now years later I drop by twice a day to see if anything interesting is on the front page which it almost never is.
You can get a handle on it, it's not all or nothing.
>>
get a fucking job, even if its flipping burgers. or go to school. just do something man. look into government aid if money is stopping you from school
>>
>>28250022
having a job and going to school wont help him
>>
>>28249944
>Why not just get myself banned?
You can still browse 4chan if you're banned, you just can't post.
>>
>>28249537
WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T BANNING BLOCK YOU FROM VIEWING THE SITE ANYMORE

I got banned for a week in the old days, and I almost broke myself of the habit.

Now I get banned and I just keep browsing, and forget that I can't post and just waste 10 minutes writing a response only to find i'm banned

fuck this gay site
>>
>>28250093
I really wish they would go back to the old system. I'm feel as though I'm practically addicted to this place, and I won't be able to break the habit without it.

There also needs to be a way to get voluntarily permabanned without piquing the interest of the feds.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.