[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List superpowers you wouldn't want to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: gifted.jpg (170 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
gifted.jpg
170 KB, 760x596
List superpowers you wouldn't want to have
>>
>>28247026

Immortality. Living forever sounds fucking depressing.
>>
>>28247091
Living forever would probably be my go-to superpower
>>
>>28247160
It would be fun for a while, but what are you going to do when the sun expands and engulfs the planet?
>>
>>28247091
I agree with you living forever while everyone you know and love dies of natural causes is horrible. it would only be a good power if others had it and even then i still think it would be a stretch to consider it a worthwhile power
>>
>>28247290
I'm pretty sure I could attain enlightenment and freedom from all desires and suffering given 5 billion years.
Then I'd just float between the stars and galaxies like an eternal cosmic Buddha, marveling at the impermanence of all things, until I eventually fell into a black hole.
>>
The power to turn invisible but only while you can't be seen by someone or a camera.
>>
>>28247290
i hope by that time Humanity wouldve progressed enough to where spaceflight is possible
If I were totally immortal and unable to be injured permanently from any means whatsoever, I'd still be an oddity among alien civilizations

The sadness of the death of friends would eventually pass as I came to terms with the fact that life is temporary and relished the memories of the deceased

>ywn explore the stars for all eternity
>>
>>28247776

That sounds great until you fall into a crevice, get buried by an avalanche, sucked into a black hole, or something else happens to make you trapped. You'd just be stuck there forever.
>>
Telepathy, but without the ability to turn it off.
>>
>>28247838
I have all of eternity to get myself out f.a.m.
Those things are considered deadly because if you don't act quickly you'll die
Black hole might be tricky, but the rest I could work my way out of
>>
>>28247880
even worse, the ability to broadcast your thoughts uncontrollably
>>
Super speed but without any protection from friction or wind shear.
>>
>>28247949
I'd still take that, just wear protective clothing
>>
>>28247923
Uncontrollable, two-way telepathy would be a nightmare.
>>
>>28247026
The ability to become a woman
>>
>>28247026

Being able to understand animals as though they were speaking your own language.

Assuming they retain their lower animal intelligence, imagine how fucking annoying that would be.
>>
>>28248131
>6:15 am
>rudely awoken by the bird outside my window screaming
>SEEEEX
>SEEEEEEEEEX
>FUUUUUUCK ME
>>
>>28248131
I'd have to drive my dog out to the woods and let her free.
I dont want to live with an aged deaf dementia retard.
>>
>>28247026
the power to fly at mach 20
but can't stop
>>
>>28247026
Infinite pooping.
>>
>>28247906
And what would you do for a million years stuck inside a glacier or something?
>>
>>28247026
Taste buds in my anus
>>
>>28247091
i would take immortality if the only way you can die is by killing yourself
>>
File: 1460413732565.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
1460413732565.png
16 KB, 174x231
>>28247091
>government finds out and locks you up for testing
>regime eventually crumbles
>you're stuck in a underground prison cell for thousands of years, forgotten, hoping for an earthquake to give you a crack to claw out a passage, otherwise you are trapped forever
>even if a meteor hits, your part of the earth would still break off in a chunk
>>
>>28247026
Wolverine's claws but no regeneration
>>
>>28247662
you'd still be alive in a black hole. nobody knows what's in there we just know time stops for you from the outside once you enter.
>>
>>28250287
play candy crush saga iteration number 5023
>>
>>28247716
>tfw I actually have invisibility powers
it's not that fun actually.
>>
>>28250287
slowly dig my way out? probably still have nails, I can scratch the ice.
>>
>>28250978

nah dude. gravity is so intense inside a black hole that once you pass the event horizon the parts of your body that are closer to the singularity will accelerate faster than the parts that are further away. so essentially you'll get stretched and ripped apart in the most hilariously gruesome way possible.
>>
>>28251229
but living forever you'd still be alive.
>>
>>28251635

depends on what your definition of alive is at that point. if I was torn into a million pieces but was still conscious id rather be dead.
>>
>>28247026
the power to read other people's thoughts
would be fun for about 5 seconds until the point when they'd start thinking about me
>ew what a freak
>he's probably a virgin too
>i'd never fuck an ugly manlet like that
>>
>>28247923
so twitter
>>
Invisibility but only when no one is looking
>>
>>28251869
Lol nobody gives a shit about you.
>>
>>28252477
Thank you good sir, that was what i needed to hear
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.