[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College/University General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: 5675.png (38 KB, 204x229) Image search: [Google]
5675.png
38 KB, 204x229
>4 papers (three 6-8 pages, one 3 page) due by end of semester

holy fucking shit

do i have the right to be feeling overwhelmed here or is this normal in college?

kill me
>>
dropping out is best desu
>>
/nepotism/ general
>>
>2016
>college

Next are you gonna tell us that college is going to get you a job?
>>
>two 8 page pages due by friday
>barely even started
>no energy to actually get them done
>just want to play video games and sit on my ass
>>
I'm glad that I'm smart enough that I don't need school to make a living.

Listen to you people. You are assigned work that is so stupid that it demands it be an arbitrary length. What an incredibly useless exercise in busywork.
>>
>>28246586

It's too late for me to leave too because I'm a junior and my parents have paid for and I can't fuck em over

fuck

what do you do
>>
college is waste of time nowadays senpai. get into a trade e.g. electrician, plumber. Make good money as theyre in high demand, dont have huge debt to pay, and most trades take maximum 2 years training
>>
>oral exam, 7 page paper, and final all on the same day last friday
>complete them all
i felt like i was going to die the night before but i managed to do it senpai
you can do it too, i sincerely believe in you
>>
File: 1457879384233.jpg (5 KB, 131x127) Image search: [Google]
1457879384233.jpg
5 KB, 131x127
>15 word essay due two years from now

FUCK. Should i just drop out at this point?
>>
File: letowelman.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
letowelman.png
142 KB, 415x367
>Calc II and Chemistry finals Monday
>>
>>28246929
>sweating over a Calc II final

wew lad
>>
>>28246853

That's a big essay
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 600x800
>tfw finished for the semester
>>
Fucking undergraduates.
>2 papers due next week
One 15-20 page paper and one 18-25 page paper

Good thing I've already started on them.
>>
>finals week is next week
>haven't gone to any of my classes except for exam days in months

at least i dont have to write papers since im a math major
>>
File: laughingBusinessmen.png (609 KB, 600x495) Image search: [Google]
laughingBusinessmen.png
609 KB, 600x495
>>28245822

>4 days of work
>6 months to do it
>complaining

you're never going to make it in the real world.
>>
constitutional law final in 2 days then contract law right after

i havent gone to any lectures and ive yet to start studying

ehhhhh
>>
>>28247014
>going into a saturated field

Why do you people do this to yourselves?
>>
>>28247031
its ok my daddy is a big fish

the problem is that im fucking dumb and cant study unless its the day before the exam
>>
File: angry NEET.jpg (24 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
angry NEET.jpg
24 KB, 409x409
>>28245822
>college

your either trying to prolong not having a job or a normie.

GET

OUT
>>
>>28246953
My professor was complete shit. Would literally just throw textbook homework problems on the board, his actual lessons were just the most obscure and roundabout, tangent-filled problems he could find. I had to learn all the basics from the online assignments.

Thankfully I'm majoring in geology so I'm done with math after this.
>>
>>28247178

I'm going to be a 27 year old with an absolutely worthless degree when I graduate with my BA

I'm no fuckin normie, bro
>>
>>28247178
>your either trying to prolong not having a job
ding ding ding
you NEETs are actually more normie than us, you don't have to deal with being forced into responsibility like we do
>>
>>28246929
I take it you're a freshman at college. How are those classes? I took both in high school and found them to be extremely difficult but passed the APs. Will I be able to make As in those classes?
>>
File: 38974239801.png (152 KB, 486x359) Image search: [Google]
38974239801.png
152 KB, 486x359
>>28246929
Shit nigga, I have the same finals in a week. best of luck to you, my calc II professor was spanish and I rarely understood his explanations to anything.
W-we're gonna make it
>>
File: jes8547.jpg (104 KB, 550x532) Image search: [Google]
jes8547.jpg
104 KB, 550x532
> whining about 3-page paper
> I write more than that one Facebook in one sitting sometimes

Don't go to graduate school, EVERY class requires a 15-20 page paper, usually all due the same week.
>>
File: horse hula.jpg (153 KB, 780x655) Image search: [Google]
horse hula.jpg
153 KB, 780x655
>>28247178

You're right, I'd rather just work at McDonald's my whole life since they don't require any kind of degree. Thanks, Anon!
>>
>exams on tuesday and wednesday
>8 pg paper due on friday, of which i haven't read the 300+ pg secondary source for
>3000 word paper due on next monday
>haven't started on any work
rip
>>
>>28247402
Chemistry is fine. My professor is doddering old man but it works out. Calc is where I run into problems. I expect a C. I only took Calc I in highschool and did well and I got an B+ when I had to take it last semester. You'll be able to get an A for sure.
>>
>>28245822
https://www.prescottpapers.com/

You're welcome
>>
Lmao, so glad I didn't fall for the college meme. What a fucking joke.
>>
File: 1451720336525.jpg (11 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1451720336525.jpg
11 KB, 340x340
my grades fell a lot this year.. I ended last spring semester with a 3.1 and it looks like I'll be ending this spring with a 2.4. This week is finals week and I barely went to any of my classes this semester. safe to say I'm screwed

I feel like such a loser. I know I can do better but I really just don't care anymore. I just want this week to be over with so I can go home and smoke hella weed all summer and be comfy.
>>
File: 1458657921105.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1458657921105.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>just try your best anon!
>i do well because i get up early and fuck my girlfriend in my apartment my parents pay for, drive to school in my big fat fuck 2015 car my parents also pay for, and make sure to dress nice with all the nice clothes i buy for myself with my allowance! dress for success, as they always say! studying abroad is just the best!
>i'm telling you anon it's so simple! w-why do you look so sad?
>>
why do so many people blame their professors? especially for intro-level classes, there are literally thousands of videos u can watch
>>
>>28248137
Calc 2 is easy af. I got an A at an ivy league score, getting close to perfect scores on the exams.
>>
>>28245822
>do i have the right to be feeling overwhelmed here or is this normal in college?

that's not very much, if you're feeling overwhelmed you're not going to last long
>>
>going to community college at 27 for computer science
>bombed the math placement
>bombed the writing placement
>aced the reading

I'm not looking forward to meeting with the guy at the end of the month
>>
College is fucking easy if you enjoy what you are doing.
>>
Anyone here gone to college internationally? I have some desire to try the next time I attempt to go to college, but it's probably some kind of mistake.

My hope would be to try to go in a EU nation which isn't hardcore SJW. The thoughts were the Czech Republic and Estonia.
>>
>>28245822
Normal. Did my last exam on Thursday, was feeling all sorts of shitty feelings. It's all over now and I'm feeling breddy gud :^)
>>
>>28250490
Go to Poland, we have high quality education here.
Also least SJW nation in the entire Europe.
>>
>>28250639
I hadn't thought about that, but I'll look into it. I think I'll still probably lean towards Tallinn or Prague though. I want to try eating more Polish food, I like what I've tried.
>>
>>28245822
>3 finals on wednesday
>haven't been to class in weeks
>just started studying yesterday

oh boy
>>
>>28250686
Though out of curiosity, how's the sentiment towards Americans? I don't want to go somewhere where people will hate me. I've thought about visiting Vietnam largely because I know that nowadays, they love America.
>>
>8 page paper due tomorrow
>2 finals tomorrow as well
>haven't started studying or writing
I literally have to make a 98 or higher on all of them just to have a chance at making a decent grade.
>>
>>28245822
kek you dirty cuck.

I have a 4 page paper due in two days. Writing isn't fucking hard.
>>
>>28250712
Unless you are black you are fine. There are fair amount of racists here.
Americans in general are welcome, you'll probably find a lot of friends here just because you are American and we like to drink and talk with foreigners.
+ Polish cuisine is god tier.
>>
>>28250865
I like Polish food in general, but I also want to try that McDonald's burger you have where the bun has bacon on top. Good to know about them welcoming Americans, and yeah, I'm white. I'm not racist, but I'm fine with interacting with racists.

How's the political climate? I get the sense things are probably pretty reactionary because of the refugee situation and everything.
>>
>Flunked out of college pre calc my 1st semester
>taking a lower level math class and flunking out of that
>have an a in English but too anxious to write my final 9 page research paper because of math trouble
>counts for 40% of my grade
I fucking wish I could do something non stem related. I abhor math.
>>
>>28251015
Is not that bad, not too many refugees here and polish people refuse to take them as hard as they can.

Politics in Poland are bounded with Catholic Church, especially now since Trump equivalent - party won elections. Politicians in Poland are retarded beyond compare but it rarely affect students.
>>
>>28251150
Forgot to mention we have burger with a beef patty, potato pancake, oscypek cheese and bacon in MC during winter. Good stuff.
>>
>>28246437
>implying it doesn't
>implying it matters

But yeah op, end of semester is hell. But in 3 weeks I'll be in a luxury loft and working at my internship :3
>>
>>28251181
Yeah, I think that's what I'm thinking of. I'd literally suck a dick to try that.

Well, thanks for getting me to give Poland serious consideration for schooling. How hard a language do you think Polish is to learn? I can't remember, does it use Cyrillic script at all, or just Latin? I'm committed to learning whatever language I might need to if I find a school which looks nice in a good area, I'm just curious how much shit I'll need to wade through to get there.
>>
File: 1461219020529.png (66 KB, 431x282) Image search: [Google]
1461219020529.png
66 KB, 431x282
>>28245822
>tfw comfy 2 page paper due on james brown and what his music means to me
>>
>>28245822
Bait OP or serious? That should be bi-weekly homework, not finals.
>>
>>28251597
Yea I would like ketchup with my fries please, and they better be not too salty this time.
>>
>Have 3 group projects in various classes
>Across them total there are 8 members
>7 of them bailed, just dropped out or left or something
>Have to do 3 people's work alone in two class group projects

I fucking hate group work
>>
>>28251150
I'm brown. How would it work out for me? I'm assuming with this whole refugee shit going on, not well.
>>
How do I ask my qt lab partner to study with me?
>>
File: Polish.jpg (362 KB, 6333x1600) Image search: [Google]
Polish.jpg
362 KB, 6333x1600
>>28251467
No cyrillic but we don't use Q and X and have several bonus letters in our alphabet.
Polish is really hard to learn (if not the hardest), Grammar especially but learning basics is enough for everyday situations and we have courses for international students in English everywhere.
>>
>>28251707
if you look like typical turkish, muslim or gypsy you'll have it harder but not that bad. If you are more like Mexico-latino or Indian then you're fine. Especially if you are not an actual refugee.
Poles likes American people more than hate other races (except for black people).
>>
>>28251838
Ah cool, I'm on the Mexican/Indian side so hopefully things go well. Thanks
>>
30-50 pages including developing an Android application, due next week.

I'm fucked, next year it is.
>>
>>28252047
Now this is what you call fucked, OP. Also you should get some adderall and get to work.
>>
>>28245822
Did you have the whole semester to do them? Because if so, if you had budgeted your time responsibly like an adult, you would not be overwhelmed. That amount of work for a semester is laughable.
>>
>>28252084
Agree. I had more than this DAILY in Automatics and Robotics engineering school.
>>
>>28247209
>I'm majoring in geology

Fucking finally, I'm not the only one on this board.
Best of luck on your finals. First test in Geomorphology on Monday for me.
>>
Got destroyed by my Maths exam. I'm just terrible at the Problem Solving side of it. I understand most of the theory but when it comes to actually applying it, I just get lost. I got the perfect ladder mechanics question but they threw a curve ball by asking which ladder slips. I was fucked.

Physics exam on Tuesday which I'm not too worried about and after that I have my Japanese exam which should be fine. Just two more days. Two more days.
>>
>>28250712
Put a canadian flag on your backpack and be white.
Who is smart to pin point the difference is smart enought to not give a fuck.
>>
File: 1460403823506.png (5 KB, 292x346) Image search: [Google]
1460403823506.png
5 KB, 292x346
>>28247031
>not being yuropoor
>not working for a notary
literally the comfiest legal job desu
>>
>>28251653
I dont understand your meme

This is a simple history class about music. Its hust a GPA booster class familia
>>
>>28252254
This. Being robot in eastern eu gives you god like powers.
Only because I know to type fast and know Excel and word I replaced 3 old grannys and do their work two times fasters.
Now they start to discover that I also know vector graphics so Imma gonna get promotion and kick out another granny out.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.