[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why are you so quiet? How do you respond to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: 1409783042587.png (255 KB, 820x565) Image search: [Google]
1409783042587.png
255 KB, 820x565
>Why are you so quiet?
How do you respond to this?
>>
because you bore me, and i find all of "this" to be redundant shit
>>
"Oh I'm not really that quiet once you get to know me"
>>
because i just am i guess
>>
>>28243933
I respond by quietly staring at them.
>>
>>28243933
With silence, just to aggravate them further.
>>
>My momma always told me 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'
>>
>>28243933
>"If I wanted to talk to you then I would say something"
>>
By not being an antisocial faggot
>>
>>28243985
>"Oh really? Tell me something interesting about yourself! "
Trapped
>>
>>28243933
"Maybe its cause i dont want to talk, with You, anymore."

>get hit

"HOW CAN SHE SLAP"
>>
>>28243933
it is a shit test. if you answer it at all honestly or in any way that is a lie but could be seen as being honest, you will seem like a complete autist. Take it from someone who learned the hard way
>>
>>28244030
It's not antisocial it's asocial you fucking normalshit cunt.
>>
>>28244016
this

I will use next time
>>
>>28244030
What if people don't interest me in the slightest?
>>
>>28243933
"Oh, I just didn't think of anything interesting to say on the topic"

Now if they care, you start a conversation on why, and possibly make a friend. Them asking why you're quiet is their attempt to get close to you/understand you.

Of course if you don't give a shit about befriending normies you shift your gaze away, shrug and say "dunno".
>>
>>28244043
"Me? Oh I spend most of my time in the woods, I really like to just get out of modern life and get lost. You feel me dawg?" Make something up, you're autistic not retarded
>>
Another one I get asked

>Why do you never smile?

or

>This is the most I've ever seen you smile.
>>
>>28243933
You start screaming, how else?
>>
>>28243933
Start talking. Then nobody will tell you to talk again
>>
File: 55.png (44 KB, 219x199) Image search: [Google]
55.png
44 KB, 219x199
I dont respond, why would you
>>
>>28244081

Then stop being pretentious. It's common fucking courtesy to talk to others that are around you.
>>
>>28243933
"I don't talk unless I have something interesting to say."
Always kills the conversation.
B-bingo
>>
"I hate noise"
>>
>>28243933
>"..The fuck do you want me to say?"
And then they shrug and go back to fucking off.
>>
>>28244372
how the fuck is that pretentious you fuck?

i have zero interest in other poeple. poeple come and go, friendships are fleeting, poeple forget as they go about their fucking lives.

normie, i dont give a fuck. there is no point to all of this.
>>
>>28243933
"I'm just tired. Also I hate you"
>>
>>28244372
That's not what pretentious means.
>>
>>28243933
"well i was made fun all throughout school for talking about lame shit I liked so now I just keep to myself. "
>>
>>28244439
I like you anon, you get it
>>
>>28244439
I don't disagree on your statement, However a question: if your perspective on social relations is due to a personality disorder that might be treated, would you consider seeking professional help to remedy it?

I'm asking because I took some typical online test earlier and it rated me high on the schizoid spectrum due to my answers on social interaction, so I'm considering going to a therapist to talk about possible treatment.
>>
>>28243933
I try to force a smile and then say something like "I'm a little shy, haha". It's the path of least resistance. Nobody gives a damn anyway and I'm not a drama queen.
>>
>>28243933

I have been asked this question many times throughout my life and I still don't have a satisfactory answer. I used to say something in response. Now I just shrug.
>>
>>28243933
You have never tried to talk to me before.
>>
>"it's just how I am."
Is it really that hard, guys?
>>
"I have nothing to say"

works all the time with guys but girls seem to miss the point
>>
File: Figure 10-9.gif (24 KB, 176x180) Image search: [Google]
Figure 10-9.gif
24 KB, 176x180
>>28243933
>its probably because my voice isnt that loud ahaha
actual awkward response i gave just kill me
>>
>>28244368
i would just to be polite
i think tomoko would even too
>>
File: 39.jpg (60 KB, 365x435) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
60 KB, 365x435
>>28245006
Tbh I just stutter some bullshit they cant even hear clearly
>>
File: 1454114648431.jpg (33 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
1454114648431.jpg
33 KB, 600x357
>>28243933
"I've got nothing to say"
>mfw getting told it's rude to not talk

what the fuck do you want me to do normies
>>
>>28243933
I've mastered the art of saying JUST the bare minimum to equal me engaged in a conversation. I pick a time I'm able to jump in, say what I say, and then go back to silence for the remainder. I still get known as the quiet guy, but not the creepy guy, so that's a win in my book.
>>
>>28243933

I just go 'pfft' and give them an incredulous look like 'seriously?'

If someone is chillin' quietly, any decent person would start up a conversation, not making a critical inquisition like that.

So I don't really dignify it with a response.
>>
>>28243933
Nice dubs.

I shrug.
>>
>>28244493
>professional help
>online test
Okay
>>
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
>>
>Any shit test question
Answer: "No Reason."
>>
I don't have anything to say.

not original comment zz
>>
>Anon, this is the longest conversation we have ever had. It's so cool!

I almost became a normalfag
>>
>>28243933
I just mumble "idunno" and ignore them if its a stranger
>>
Because I'm afraid that if I open my mouth I'll spill my spaghetti everywhere
>>
"I just prefer to listen"
>>
This has happened to me many times. What I do is put on my most deadpan face, and tell it like it is.

"I don't like you."
or
"I don't want to talk to you."
or
"Don't talk to me."

Then I never have to talk to them again, and it has the added benefit of many normies hating me, so I don't have to humor them every time they want to have some vapid, worthless talk with me. When I do things like this it's just one less normie in my life, and that's a beautiful thing. I don't care what they say about me, I don't care what they do to me. They can talk shit, throw shit, spit on me, attack me, hell, even kill me. I hate them so much that it's worth it. It plants something deep inside of them when someone acts out of line for no reason, it makes them really upset. It's like it shakes their worldview when someone doesn't give them a canned response.

By the way, I am a diagnosed psychopath.
>>
>>28243933
i just say that i hate talking to people.
>>
>>28244372
Holy shit. This reminds me once when I was staying at this cheap as fuck hotel. I was only staying there because I needed to be close to an airport and it was one of those hotels where people stayed long term (because it was that cheap.)

Anyway, there were a bunch of normalcunt long-term residents there that all knew each other and were all good friends whereas myself - not staying there for long and not being interested - just kept to myself. They tried repeatedly to get me to join them in drinking shitty beers but that just made me uncomfortable since I know I'd have nothing in common with them and I have anxiety, plus its not my thing anyway. I politely declined, but over time these guys became quite rude.

Apparently it turns out that they were expecting for me to talk to them so they thought I was consciously ignoring them. It wasn't anything personal at all - my choices had nothing to do with them. They just couldn't understand that some people don't enjoy being around other people -- especially not strangers they have anything in common with.

Normies are so fucking simplistic and selfish, it shits me so much.
>>
Literally all you have to say is

>Because I want to
>>
Why are you always so loud?
>buddha.jpg
>>
>>28243933
>I'm practicing voice impressions
>"of what?"
>the people who don't find you annoying
>>
>>28243933
>Well, what do you want to talk about?

Puts the burden on them. Usually you'll end up with a quick little conversation about some normie topic and then they'll stop talking to you.

Once in a blue moon you'll actually share a hobby and make a friend, too. Depends on how autistic your interests are but it's definitely possible.
>>
"I don't really know, but for future reference, don't ever ask anyone this question again
>>
File: 1426439353772.jpg (40 KB, 721x500) Image search: [Google]
1426439353772.jpg
40 KB, 721x500
People no longer ask me this, I became 6'4" and have an "angry" default facial facial expression so basically nobody talks to be unless I instate or they need something

People no longer go "oh he's just awkward and shy" they think I'm an arrogant prick or dwelling on something serious

Feels alright I guess
>>
>>28248288
*initiate
>>
>>28243933
Once they ask this you're done. You are already labeled as the weirdo.
>>
"I have nothing to say"

literally just this.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.