[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motorcycle General /mg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 480x360
Is it ok to try to get moto General started? The weather is turning, and riding is a robot endeavor. You are never as alone as you are on your bike, in fact it's the closest one can come to being one with a machine.

Lets start with manufacturers, I ride a Kawasaki currently.
>>
>>28242536
Fuck off back to your board.

>>>sage

Oh wait you dont have one. Still, fuck off.
>>
File: 20140706_185134.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20140706_185134.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Yamafag here, whats up?
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x600
>>28242920
About to go take a spin. Gonna try and take some pictures, we'll see. It's sunny here in WA

>>28242693
Wow man just wow. Half the the front is penis and you respond to this thread?

>>28242920
I like how your bike actually says serow on it. Mine pic related
>>
File: image.png (748 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
748 KB, 640x1136
>>28242536
On my first bike still, Honda xl250. It's kind of shit but still a bike. Bikefagging gives me an excuse to leave the house, plus it puts my mind off things for a bit.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-25+at+09.58.58).jpg (104 KB, 550x590) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-25+at+09.58.58).jpg
104 KB, 550x590
>>28242536
shitzuki checking in
>>
Fuck off
>>>/o/
>>
i ride an electric motorcycle, desu
>>
Trail bikes are soooo comfy... use to own an XT, but moved to a Fireblade. Partly thought that a new job would need more highway commuting, partly though HOT CHICKS might dig a litre bike. PS, they don't, and i hate sports bikes, but am stuck on it for now.
>>
>>28242536
Daily motorcycle general already on >>>/o/ dumbass
>I want one here
No.
>>
>>28243976
most riders are obnoxious chads who just wanna brag about how fast they went over the limit on a public road, and how many babes they pick up on their blinged out crotch rocket.
>>
>>28244092
>implying motorcycles get you girls
>>
>>28242536
my fellow future organ donors /o/ exists for a reason
>>
>loud bikes
for what fucking reason
i try to make mine as quiet as possible because i hate it so much. the harley adult diaper wearers are the worst
>>
>>28244310
>what fucking reason
attention, females will notice me, society will see how alpha i am...

we could do with a robotic riders general
>>
>>28244424
loud pipes save lives
>>
>>28244154
>drive up to a college on a Friday
>rev up
>*point to a lady in a group*
>You're coming with me
>"no, no!"
>be insistent
>get second rider
yes, that easy.
idiot.
>>
>>28244435
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
my favorite biking meme.
"ugh I hate that loud asshole"
"well you noticed him and didn't run him down right"
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
>>
>>28244582
i dont have that level of social skills and also ride a gay looking dual sport
>>
>>28244668
>>28244435
not even true, most people can hear you perfectly fine
my bike is actually silent >>28243857 and i've never been in a dangerous situation

i dont live in some shithole city though
>>
>>28244682
>implying girls have social skills besides spreading rumors that someone has a smelly vag
>implying girls have gaydar
You sound like you want to kill yourself.
Instead of doing that, try what I said and report results.
What do you have to lose, self respect?
>>
>>28244715
try riding in the south everybody is blasting coon music or on the phone and have no driving skills. its like the northeast but they are more agressive and less skilled.
>>
>>28244715
you must not be murikan.
>>
>>28244754
damn dude idk why but you kinda motivated me, do you have a way i could contact you? im back on my bike mid may had a bad accident. never tried picking up girls, i have a second helmet though.
>>
>>28244668
>sees helmet-less chad flying down the wrong side of the road on a litre GIXXER with a stubby can with no baffle

wow, what a safety-conscious motorcyclist!!
>>
Do robots ride Harleys, or am I a chad?
>>
>>28244945
>using like ten gay ass British terms while describing motorsport
how about you take a cock up your ass gav
>>
>tfw hunched over tank on the freeway
>engine singing at 7K rpm
>push into handlebars to counteer
>lean against the wind
>pretend i am weightless
feels good man

What's the longest you guys have ridden in one day?
>>
>>28244936
skype is sam.lippert
I've been a robot since /r9k/ got incepted the first time.
I've watched lots of good robots bite it.
don't.
>>
>>28244424
Females will notice youre a douchebag.

My sisters always say how much they hate loud revs on motorcycles
>>
>>28245031
Harleys are for old fucks.

Its like the macbook or iphone of motorcycles
>>
>>28245031
Only fags ride harleys, so neither.
>>
>>28245031
You're a dentist with a vasectomy
>>
>>28244784
the PNW is basically canada so i guess i agree
>>
File: 1361926077296.jpg (19 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
1361926077296.jpg
19 KB, 236x421
>autists on motorcycles
>>
>>28246022
dont you have a mcdonalds drive thru you should be at
>>
>>28245978
>tfw >>28245978
you have reached the awe and whatever of the outer limits
please stand by.
>>
>>28246022
FUCK OFF MY THREAD

Cager normies, when will they learn
>>
>>28246267
Its actually adorable how youre trying to use moto lingo to sound cool or act like you 'fit in'. In reality it just makes you a tryhard faggot.
>>
>>28242536
>tfw no motivation to get license
I love long road trips though, just stating out the window. Should I start?
>>
>>28246375
It's adorable that you think I give a fuck
>>
>>28246549
Yea. Depending on where you live, you can just go to the dmv and take a written to get your permit. A moto safety course is a good idea to get the basics, plus you get insurance discounted and might have the shitty dmv parking lot test waived. For a small amount of invested effort you get a lot of fun.
>>
>>28246959
Cool, how about getting the bike? How expensive are these things? The Canadian economy isn't that good rn. I know with the First license (g1) you can't go on highways and such, how does it limit the bikes?
>>
I have a Ninja 300, it's alright, like 120 miles, don't get to ride it too much.

The exhaust is pretty quiet, I'm not sure if I like it since it's less hassle on others, or if I don't like it since I'm in Texas and retards try to run me over a lot.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-30+at+11.24.04).jpg (100 KB, 557x595) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-30+at+11.24.04).jpg
100 KB, 557x595
>>28246549
man up pussy been riding with a cardboard plate unlicensed unregistered uninsured for years. worth it. riding saved my life
>>
>>28247249
I got a chuckle with that. Riding seems nice, I'll probably take the roads up to the rual areas if I do it. How's the temperature? What kinds of clothes do you recommend for riding?
>>
>>28247389
when i first started i wore ATGATT (old man lingo for all the gear all the time) and it was p good cause i crashed p early on. now i wear riding pants and dress shirts unless im offroad, if im offroad i wear full protection. id recommend getting a dual sport or a small 2 stroke and starting offroad, its way safer and easier. you crash offroad and you get back up and keep riding, you crash onroad and youre in a hospital. temperature is always good just dress accordingly, if its warm wear mesh or regular attire and the wind chill will keep you nice and cozy. if its cold wear thick clothing and hand warmers. rural roads are GOAT tier i live in tennessee.
>>
>>28247021
In California the permit doesn't limit bikes at all, but you're not allowed to ride at night, with passengers, or on a freeway for 6 months. Not sure about Canada. A suitable learner bike like a ninja 250 can be had for 2-3 k USD, or even less for a not as nice one. All the gear is around 1k, you don't wanna be a Jew here since your life depends on it. Get a nice helmet, leather or good textile jacket, gloves, and some leather boots for starters. So all in all, initial purchases should run you 3-4k USD.
>>
I want this bike so I can attack people and then run away into the wilderness with it
>>
>>28247792
I forgot to link. so i'll link here. epic wub wub dubstep X^D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSR0NMpSrQM
>>
>>28247636
>>28247725
Gear? Hand warmers? I've only heard of helmets and those special vests, what kind of gear is there? Thanks for info btw

Off road is nice, nature and open spaces are cool, what do you mean by off-road specifically? I don't drive or know roadtypes. Also any controlling tips? I think Canada has the same 6 month thing (or is it a year?) So it shouldn't be too bad, I'll look into it.
>>
>>28247893
CE armor is the standard for serious protection, has padding and plastic plates for when you go down. there are two types of hand warmth one is heated grips (what i use) and two is these like big things that cover your hands to prevent wind chill, both are functional, only neccesary in winter conditions though. offroading is realy fun, but motorcycles arent quite like cars, its very very hard to offroad seriously with street tires due to the leaning aspect of riding. offroad motorcycles usually have very knobby agressive tires. me personally i ride a very customized dr650 with knobbies and take it offroad daily even on my commute lol.
>>
File: 1458949873642.gif (1 MB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1458949873642.gif
1 MB, 400x399
>date oneitis for 7 years, 10th grade through a few months after graduating college
>she just does a complete 180 on me and bails on seven years of dating to fuck my (ex) best friend
>no friends left, they all hang out with her and not me because I don't have giant tits or a vagina
>misery ensues for a couple months
>always wanted to ride, so I just say fuck it and finally act on that desire
>buy a shitbike
>put 4000 miles on it in 2 months
>meet lots of cool dudes who ride and make new friends
>get set up on a date with some chick I've never met through mutual friends
>meet each other for coffee, holy shit she's a tiny flat chested qt3.14 Filipina chick
>have a good time, we're both romantically interested in each other
>she's ridden pillion before and knows how to not be a shitty passenger (according to her)
>wants to join me on a three hour ride selfie photo scavenger hunt thing organized by a local bike dealer next weekend

I'm p stoked
Motorcycles changed my lyfe man
>>
>>28248036
What kind of bike senpai?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.