[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Mental_illness_general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
What can doctors even do for you if you have psychosis?
Do meds even help or will they just make me a zombie? I really don't like the idea of meds but sometimes my head is unbearably turbulent.
>Go from depressed to manic to sad to gleeful rapidly.
>Talk to myself all the time
>Feel like I might be schizo sometimes, have some minor auditory hallucinations coupled with random bursts of paranoia over ridiculous things

Talk to me family. Tell me about your mental problems.
>>
I can't recommend antipsychotics for anyone but the most violent schizophrenics. I was taking them for bipolar 1 and I felt like they just drained the life out of me. They did help stabilize my mood a bit but they are not worth it for the side effects.
Lamictal and Carbemazepine are pretty good at controlling depression and mania respectively, all on their own. No side effects that I know of, except in a few rare cases.
>>
File: 1459560880996.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1459560880996.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>28238698
That's why I'm against getting meds. I wish there was some way to cope with being crazy. I guess there's the "just don't give a fuck option" but when you have mood swings and you swing into self loathing sadness it becomes apparent that that's not an option.
>>
>>28238698
I saw someone almost die yesterday because of Lamictal. Granted it was from a rare reaction to the medicine itself and not a normal side effect, but still.
>>
the best thing most people on this board could take would be an entheogen

2.5g - 3.5g of dried mushrooms in a relaxed set and setting could do more for this board in one day than any amount of pussy could do in a lifetime
>>
>>28239704
OP here, and I agree. Mushrooms and acid respectively helped me become one with the universe so to say. I also practice Qigong.

However, these things don't magically heal mental illness. In fact when I'm tripping I talk to myself even more and become very delusional. Last time I did it was at a music festival and I was wandering around the campground meeting people because I was in a great mood. Then one of the groups I was hanging out with someone was like "wtf" and the other person was like "yeah this dude's cool as fuck, he talks to himself lol" or some shit. I was just kind of awestruck because to me, nothing was wrong at all. They reassured me it wasn't like unbearably insane or "creepy" but they definitely noticed I'm psychotic.
Inb4 a fest isnt a "proper set and setting"
Fests are my favorite places on earth. I've tripped in the woods/inside with close friends as well. Both types of settings are great in their own rights.
>>
There is nothing they can do.
>>
I'm schizophrenic but I'm mostly stable. I take anti psychotics and I still have hallucinations all the time. I just feel tired, that's all I notice them do. I've talked to various doctors and they say that while they may make me tired, I wouldn't be nearly as stable mentally without these meds. I don't know if that's true or not but I take them anyway. I've been on many antipsychotcs and I always feel like a zombie. I got used to it though, for the most part.
>>
>>28240001
Can you describe your hallucinations? When you hear things is it like you are physically hearing them or is it in your head?
>>
>>28239662
Bipolar here
you could try dbt or cbt but finding a good therapist/program is somewhat hard and can take a lot of effort,time,and money

I've found with having mental illness the best thing to do if you don't want to be on meds is to keep a journal of some sort so you can document your issues and stay self aware and vigilant to possible symptoms. because the more self aware and conscious you are the better you can be at detecting when you're off and you can look into shit yourself to fix your mind
>>
>>28238635
They can't do shit.
I gota friend who had some OCd tendencies and now depression and all it did for him is cause him to swear at his dad for horus on the phone and hate women even more than he did before.
I'm kinda glad to be a virgin self-medicating with alcohol rather than seeking help for my lingering depression.
>>
I probably have ASPD, but I want to be a cop, so no professional help for me.
>>
>>28238635
you sound bipolar with rapid cycling. anti seizure medication like lamictal would help you immensely. also untreated bipolar disorder can lead to a schizoid disorder if untreated because of how BPD fucks with your hormone receptors for dopamine norepinephrine and serotonin. go to a psychiatrist and explain the mood part and then talk about how these emotions over the years have made you uneasy about leaving your house and if he is worth his salt he will put you on lamictal and lexapro and your life should improve vastly
>>
>>28240307
nah you are probably just an edgy sperglord
>>
File: 92874398.jpg (52 KB, 616x468) Image search: [Google]
92874398.jpg
52 KB, 616x468
>>28240220
I've done this a couple times before and when I go to read what I've written I basically freak out and throw it away. I should probably try again.

>>28240241
Don't become an alcoholic :)

>>28240319
> talk about how these emotions over the years have made you uneasy about leaving your house
I mean, that's extremely true. There have been many times where I won't leave the house even though I should (I need to go get groceries, or go work out or whatever) and I get so worked up over nothing that I can't bring myself to go to the door. Usually I can force myself to do it and everything is ok once I'm out but something as simple as seeing a neighbor walk by outside my window is enough to make me put off leaving my house for another hour.
I had severe mood swings when I was a kid too. My parents took me to some therapist but nothing came of it. I think they didn't want to accept the fact that somewhere along the lines they may have fucked me up mentally lol. Not to mention it could be genetic predisposition.
>>
>>28240130
I guess it's not the same for everyone but now days my only real hallucinations are these shadow-ish people, like silhouettes of people standing still, but they're completely black and kinda foggy sometimes. They scare the shit out of me, but I dont see those guys too often. Sometimes if I zone out I see bugs all over my room, just crawling around. I don't really have auditory hallucinations, but when I do, it's in my head. I don't think it's like that for most people, I've talked to others about it and most people here actual voices.
>>
>>28240434
Interesting.
I see bugs crawl by just out of my focus frequently. When I shift my focus to the movement they go away. I've had some more vivid hallucinations but they are not too common. A couple weeks ago I parked my car and swear I saw my dead grandma in the parked car next to me. I did a double take and no one was there.
My auditory hallucinations sound like people talking just out of earshot. Where I can't make out what they are saying. Usually I hear them when I go to take a piss in the middle of the night and it's quiet in the bathroom.
>>
>>28240414
How am I edgy
>>
>>28240504
It's interesting about your grand mother. I was really out of it a few weeks ago and I thought I was hearing my mother talk to me. It was really dark and I was trying to zoom in, and I thought I saw her standing there and I was really focused on her and when I got close she just kinda disappeared and it really scared me because I felt like my brain just restarted at that moment, like I didn't know what was going on. It was really scary. I don't hallucinate too often, I don't think so anyway. I was actually one of the rare cases of a young child having Schizophrenia. As I got older I got better, but it's still there. It's not so bad though, it's not a consistent issue. Like one week I'll be pretty normal and then another week for a few days I'll be in mental limbo for a while. Are you Schizophrenic too?
>>
>>28240419
i guessed the leaving the house thing because i was literally in the exact same situation.
seriously the meds that would help you would not make you a zombie. lamictal and lexapro would help you salvage your life.
i had literally all of the symptoms you have described and after being put on those medications i am flourishing and attending school on scholarships. please just try and see a psychiatrist. if not for you, for someone who cares about you getting better because they know your quality of life will increase.
>>
>>28240648
self diagnosing ASPD
>>
>>28240737
Thanks anon I'll try to seek help. I guess it isn't going to get better on its own right?
>>
File: life.jpg (43 KB, 379x387) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
43 KB, 379x387
>>28240698
I'm undiagnosed
>>
>>28240758
I'm sorry but it fits
>>
>>28240826
you are very welcome just please try to get help.
>I guess it isn't going to get better on its own right?
no. and it could even get worse. the transition in your life will be difficult but worth it. see a psychiatrist to help you fix the chemical problems you are having and a psychologist to help you with the lasting anguish caused by the chemical problems.
this too shall pass. but you must persevere. it does not matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop.
>>
>>28240906
elaborate. ASPD is a relatively rare disorder with very specific conditions.
>>
I have schizophrenia, and meds have helped me a lot. I still have hallucinations sometimes, but my thoughts feel less... Scrambled, I guess. They don't really make me tired either.

I USED to take seroquel though, and it's horrible. I was exhausted and falling asleep constantly; I don't know how people deal with it. My therapist also agreed it's terrible and doesn't know why anyone bothers prescribing it.
>>
>>28238635
I've been on olanzapine for the past two months, would recommend
only downside is weight gain but I've countered that with exercise
>>
Meds help to keep thought in better control and rest better

but they would help in the misery sensation

though the mind control is a big perk

they retrieve that pain from u
>>
>>28241010
What?
original originalus
>>
>>28240933
Well during early childhood I was extremely aggressive and regularly threw huge fits and lied to my parents, never showed remorse unless I was forced too. Obviously I grew up and I don't act like a psycho in public and my appearance is extremely important to me, more so than others and I'm fairly sociable. I do things that are extremely illegal and I really try to not be rash with the things I do, but sometimes I have come within a inch of getting caught. Also no one can tell the difference when I'm lying or not. I'm sure there are some other things but off the top of my head it's what stands out
>>
>>28241054
Also, I don't have violent urges or am an aggressive person so I'm no edgy k thx
>>
>>28240893
I would say go talk to a doctor about it, but I have very bad history with doctors and I just dont trust them at all. If you think your hallucinations are an issue, you should still seek a professional though.

>>28240950
I'm Seroquel right now, I was also on it a year ago and complained about it, but they put me back in for some reason. I really hate this drug, but not as much as I hated Risperodal or whatever it was called.
>>
>>28241054
>>28241077
>I was extremely aggressive
>never showed remorse
>I do things that are extremely illegal
>no one can tell the difference when I'm lying or not
> I'm no edgy

Yes. yes you are.
>>
>>28241121
But how D:
I don't torture animals or creep on women, or wear a fedora or sit on 4chan and shitpost all day. I just find it easy to act and lie, and the illegal things I do don't hurt people.
>>
>>28241000
I should also add my only diagnoses is aspergers
currently being evaluated for my paranoia, anxiety, delusions and hallucinations
>>
F33.1 F40.00 F40.1 E03.8
>>28238635
>What can doctors even do for you if you have psychosis?
Give you meds
I talked to another patient at a mental hospital a lot and she got a lot better after a few weeks
She couldn't function at all in the beginning and now she is a perfectly normal human
She sometimes forgets to take her meds so they just injected the meds inside her body and I think that lasts for a few weeks or something like that
You shouldn't need that tho if you always remember to take your meds
>>
>>28241116
Seroquel is horrible, it's only good if you want to sleep and stay asleep all day.

That's funny, I'm on Risperodol right now and it's been good so far.
>>
>>28241335
I've been on Risperodol twice in my life and both times I have felt awful beyond belief. I couldn't even get out of bed, I'd just feel too weak. When I did, I just zoned out and would fall half asleep. I hated how it made me feel, and if you're a man it can even make you lactate apparently. Risperodol feels like an even stronger Seroquel. If it works for you, then stick with it, but I've had awful experiences with it
>>
>>28241447
Damn, sorry to hear that. Psychiatric drugs always seem to work really differently for different people. Brains are just too fucking complicated I guess. And yeah, it raises your prolactin levels, apparently. I get blood tests for it done now and then, but it remains normal.

I hope you find something that works for you, man.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.