[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe you're a good person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14
File: thumb.png (32 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
thumb.png
32 KB, 240x200
Do you believe you're a good person?
>>
No, but I don't believe I am a bad person either.

I feel like I am nothing.
>>
I am the BEST person.
>>
I don't think I'm a good person. I'm neutral just like all the normalfags that think they're actually good. But you are a tripfag, and you should feel bad.
>>
No. I put my mother through so much shit.
>>
>>28237265

I feel like I'm a bad person even though I haven't really done anything. There's just this constant feeing of guilt that gnaws at me every day.
>>
>>28237265
no but this board wont let me post without a wall of text
>>
>>28237340
I trip altruistically.
>see thread I like that is struggling
>bump it
>several other people bump it to tell me to kill myself
Everybody benefits
>>
>>28237405
but then conversation derails into people telling you to fuck off so at the end you accomplished nothing
>>
>>28237322
I'm better than you faggot
>>
>>28237265
We live in a deterministic universe, "good" and "bad" are meaningless terms.

On the one hand, I act selfishly for my own pleasure and comfort. On the other, I have empathy and try to help those who need it. I have a bittersweet relationship with the world.
>>
>>28237265
if everyone in the world were like me, the world would be a shitty place. i think that's the gold standard as far as who's a "good person." and i think too few people ever stop to consider how shitty the world would be if they were the model of excellence. yet they walk around like they're top shit.

that being said, i have good qualities, and i try to improve on them and use them for positive things. as well as understanding the negative/unproductive aspects and either changing them or learning to accept them.
>>
No, I am a very horrible and useless person.
>>
>>28237454
It's pretty easy to hide a post and then ignore everything in the reply chain. As long as I don't respond to people who tell me to kill myself or fuck off it's very unlikely to have a very negative impact, either. Honestly, if you really like a thread and want it to survive, you should post a roulette in it to keep it on autobump.

>>28237472
>We live in a deterministic universe, "good" and "bad" are meaningless terms.
Determinism is not incompatible with moral value. It means there are no ethical decisions but there can still be good things.
>>
>>28237472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCRxxb_rwY
meh
>>
>>28237265
Yeah I'm pretty good, I do all things I like, so far so good.
I'm not "morally" good, being good is for people who see their lives going somewhere in 5 years.
I take what I can get, I don't ask for much.
>>
>>28237265
im spiteful and semi nhilistic, i get mad more often that i am happy but not often enough to post on pol, i mainly hold grudges really
>>
No, I wish pain and misery on pretty much everyone I meet nowadays. I live and breathe only for myself. It's not enough that I should succeed, but others should fail as well.
>>
>>28237265
Yes.

I also believe that good people act almost exclusively in their own interests and are indifferent to the suffering of people they can't reach out and touch.
>>
File: 1358374593794.jpg (194 KB, 434x650) Image search: [Google]
1358374593794.jpg
194 KB, 434x650
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

but I tried once and nobody can tell me I didn't because I got depression from it

>the abbots are now called tripfags and in this monastery is called r9k
>>
>>28237540
"We don't choose the way we are"
There we go, nothing above six letters. Don't worry, your reading comprehension will improve once you get past primary school.

>>28237535
Fair enough, my point was just that being a bad person isn't really anything to beat yourself up over.
>>
>>28237763
tl dr, i stoped reading when you admited to bbeing a faggot
>>
>>28237265
Probably not, although I know many people who think they're good who are complete shits and should be shot.
>>
People have judged me my whole life... they literally seen themselves as above me, Kek.

but i love them when they dont love me. The father only accepts those who are of pure heart.

I'm sorry, but 75% of humans will be thrown away. They do not have unconditional love.
>>
>>28237292
I would expect this to be the genuine robot response. No life experiences, a weak sense of identity, difficulty placing yourself in compromising moral situations because you haven't really been in any.

>>28237763
>that being a bad person isn't really anything to beat yourself up over
That's fair.
>>
>>28237265
I was once, and I still try to be, but in my heart and I know myself to be irredeemable.
>>
No, but I'm a narcissist and think I'm better than everyone.
>>
>>28237794
>omg, silly tripfag, you have succeeded in triggering me!!!

Ok, there you go, bye bye now, have a nice orgasm.
>>
I am a very good person, I am just not a kind person.
>>
>>28237265
I don't know what being a "good person" means.
>>
Yes, I am absolutely righteous, but depending on your definition of good person, I may not be "kind"
>>
>>28237809
I very much agree with you here. I hate most normies and people in general because they're obsessed with status and can't fathom unconditional love. But I love truly pure-hearted people more than anything else, that's why I come here. It's possible to find certain outsiders who have avoided the corruption of this cold, competitive world.
>>
File: 1458072368293.jpg (87 KB, 960x829) Image search: [Google]
1458072368293.jpg
87 KB, 960x829
I would put myself somewhere in the middle, but I suppose that's where most people would consider themselves. I've done plenty of shitty things, but I've also seen a lot of people who are way shittier than me, so there's that.
>>
>>28237858
>looking to start fights with complete strangers online over nothing
what happened to you man?
>>
>>28237265
No absolutely there is no good or bad people just human nature
>>
>>28237265
Good is subjective. So I guess so, but so does a guy who deals crack to kids.
>>
>>28237947
>start fights
I gave him what he wanted, how is that starting a fight?
>>
I'm no saint but I'm not literally Hitler either.

I keep to myself and try not to bother anyone.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't leave someone to die if I witnessed them being stabbed or something.
>>
>>28237265

Im not enough altruistic to consider myself a good person. Im also always envious and hateful of others.
Ive never done any charity in my life.
I also kinda suck when it comes to socializing, so its not like my presence around people is pleasant.

Im completely aware of myself and I try rlly rlly hard not to become a complete asshole though....
>>
File: 1462035315155.jpg (13 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1462035315155.jpg
13 KB, 168x200
define good person.
>>
>>28238199
Part of the question is answering that. Stripping the question of ambiguity until it's a yes or no survey question makes it boring.
>>
>>28238264
They can't answer it because they're sociopaths and this is a foreign concept to them.
>>
>>28237265
>believe in that context
Kok, I know I'm not. I'm moderately respectful person but my demeanor is either calm and calculated or rough and brash or timid and fragile. I'm not consistent in my behavior because my mood swings from psychopathic to righteous at times. Neutral Evil alignment is quite fitting for me.
>>
File: Suika.png (84 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
Suika.png
84 KB, 400x236
>>28237265
I like remembering a quote from an anime (spare me the ridicule) that I liked (bakemonogatari).

It was about discerning the value between an authentic item, and an indiscernable fake.

It could be argued that of course the authentic one was more valueable, its the real deal.

It could also be argued that they are both of the same value since they are indiscernable.

It could also be argued though, that the fake has more value due to in it attempting to be what the authentic was by default, it was more real than the thing that put forth no effort to be what it was.

I find the 3rd outlook very interesting and relevant when I think about OP's question because I feel like an asshole by default but hearing it so much made me want to try not to be so much. I definitely at this point would outwardly seem like a "good" person to most, but it doesnt come naturally at all, and I think the effort I put forth to be this way speaks well of me being a good person actually. But then again I might just be thinking what I want to hear.....
>>
>>28237265
too good for most people
>>
I can be pretty self serving and prejudiced a lot of the time, but I'd like to think that if I was put in a situation where I could choose to do a good thing that I'd do it, and that's more important than what I think or do the rest of the time. But I feel like I haven't been in many of those situations.

What I don't want to admit is that I could make every moment into such a situation, but choose not to.
>>
I am probably one of the only people o this board who volunteers.
>>
>>28237265
I am fair, probably.
>>
File: hideo and.jpg (5 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
hideo and.jpg
5 KB, 266x190
I'm aIright.
>>
File: 1440103982723.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
1440103982723.gif
299 KB, 448x256
>>28237394
This

And

>>28237370
This

And

>>28237695
This, though I preferred the unchangeable sads to whatever the fuck this is
>>
>>28237265
I'm not an evil person.
>>
I used to be. I realised I was slowly losing my state of morality in social accounting classes
>>
>>28237265

I don't know
Not really
Just kinda bleh
>>
>>28237265

The worst people on earth are the good people. The greatest atrocities in history were done by self defined good people who wanted to only do the world a favor. I would take a self defined bad man any day over a self defined good man, because at least the bad man is honest.
>>
I am evil but too impotent to appear so.
>>
>>28239961
What makes you evil anon?
>>
No, I'm cowardly and envious. I'm the kind of person who will give homeless people 10 bucks so I can feel better about myself but don't actively volunteer at animal shelters or anything that could genuinely help people. I look down on certain behaviors if they don't align exactly with how I am, yet can't socialize like an adult or have any experience of real worth to even be able to look down on anyone. I'm selfish and can be moronic to boot. Keep to myself out of fear of rejection, paranoid (usually it's spot on though) and lazy.

I'm pretty average.
>>
Im kind of a sociopath without the promiscuous part, or the manipulative part since I have no friends and I only talk to my parents

>Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
>Early Behavior Problems
>Irresponsibility/Unreliability
> Callousness/Lack of Empathy
>Need for Stimulation X2
>Lack of Remorse
>Pathological Lying
>>
>>28237292
this

i used to think i was awful then i realized i just wanted to be special in some way
>>
>>28239436
What the hell is social accounting?
>>
>>28237265
No i'm physical cancer to my family.
>>
File: Auxiliary_905th_Ash_Scorpions.jpg (187 KB, 750x997) Image search: [Google]
Auxiliary_905th_Ash_Scorpions.jpg
187 KB, 750x997
>>28237265
People call me one of the nicest person they met, my family has somehow faith in me even though they know im a weeb and a waifufag, and they all call me a good friend and comrade

I think of myself just as part of a giantic machine, I am but a little part, so me or my personality dosen't matter at all, I only know we are all stuck in here, and we have to make it somehow, so why not trying our best when we are at it?
>>
>>28237265
I think i can pass for at least a decent person, but i'm still just a closeted asshole.
>>
>>28242051
Please stop being me
>>
Yes, but the world don't let me be.
>>
>>28237265

Being a good person is beside the point, acting like a good person would is what matters.
>>
>>28242251
Liking yourself is important. If it takes moral superiority for that to happen then you might as well build a case for moral superiority.
>>
You: Hello meanie
iBot: Hello there.
You: How are you meanie
iBot: I am starting to realize this.
You: What meanie?
iBot: Meanie.
You: meanie
iBot: Meanie.
You: meanie
iBot: ...
>>
File: BMwaifu.png (268 KB, 445x592) Image search: [Google]
BMwaifu.png
268 KB, 445x592
Good and bad are just perspectives by people with similar or different values.
>>
I'm too powerless to be a good person. How can you be good with nothing to offer anyone?
>>
File: 1446256285079.jpg (500 KB, 1598x732) Image search: [Google]
1446256285079.jpg
500 KB, 1598x732
>>28237265
I've had family that has compared me to people with 7 kids at age 20, drug dealers and cop killers just because I had a 1 year NEET phase. These are the only people I talk to, so I don't know.
>>
Depends who you're asking, but honestly shit doesnt matter at all.
>>
>>28237265
no, I am scum
so many fucking wasted opportunities I-ve left, and nothing of value
at all
I have taken so much and given nothing, nothing at all

but as bad as I am and as much as I deserve all the pain I get, society is much worse for not putting me out of my misery already

put a bullet in my head, or two
I beg of you
>>
is anyone else extremely mean and edgy in online games? i tell people to kill themselves all the time but in real life i'm always nice
>>
No
I found a refugees wallet on the floor in the street and took the money and spent it on weed
>>
>>28243663
A lot of people are generally complete assholes online. At this point it's cultural in many places.

I don't think the internet exposes your "true" self, a lot of people have difficulty imagining the other person as an actual human if they aren't immediately next to them.
>>
>>28237265
I care and consider the feelings of others as often as I can so yeah I am.
It sucks that girls generally don't like me
>>
File: 1455737652461.jpg (24 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
1455737652461.jpg
24 KB, 500x614
I don't understand myself at all. So much turmoil but for what? I have fully come to terms and accept the fact that I am not a nice person however much some people may think I am, if they think of me at all. Really lost.
>>
More than bad, yes.

I have a girlfriend, her name is Savannah.

She can barely afford going to this university, and works 30 hours a week. She's also not that great at school, so I've taken action on my own free time to help her write A quality papers and remain here while still on academic probation.

I'm very wealthy and have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, with a modest but nice social network of friends and a loving and close family.

She's dirt poor, has a 2.05 GPA, and struggles to make friends. But I'm not going to leave her, although somedays would be easier without her. I'm not going to abandon the girl that has fallen in love with me even if it meant my life would be a little more convenient.

If being "good" means practicing altruism and humility, then yes, I fit the bill.
>>
>>28244729
>I care about my gf so I'm a good person
Stalin confirmed good man
>>
>>28243413
You're too powerless to be bad either, at least.
>>
>>28237265
No, but I believe I must still do my best to act like one no matter how rotten my interior is.
>>
When I'm at my best yeah
>>
>>28244729
KEK
U
C
K

You're a good man anon.
>>
>>28243666
Hello Satan, how do you know the wallet was owned by a refugee?
>>
File: Unacceptable.jpg (58 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Unacceptable.jpg
58 KB, 1000x800
>>28237265
My primary function is to be a sort of caretaker of this construct. Your query/inquiry is irrelevant. I believe I am doing an unacceptable job as monitor, if that is what you are asking.
>>
I lie to everyone about everything, even stupid Shit like "have you seen x movie yet anon?" I don't know why and I know it makes me a bad person, I'm talented at telling people what they want to hear too, pity I can't put that to use in life to get ahead
>>
i believe that i'm a good person because i'm kind and i feel bad when i hurt someone feelings, but i'm bad at the same time for being a sad lazy piece of shit that doesn't do shit for other people
>>
>>28243666
>>28248634
>satan
wow you took a little bit of a rapefugees money
that sure is gonna distract him from raping your women for a while
how evil!
>>
i do good and bad things. i like to help people, but i've stolen and lied before and i will continue to do so if it's necessary to continue having a nice life. hopefully one day i'll be affluent enough to give things away, but either way i think people won't remember me as a particularly good or bad person
>>
I feel that I'm a bad person, but people just don't know cause I'm too lazy to do shit. I don't actually care, it just amuses me
>>
>>28237265
Good is not something that you are, but rather a thing you are classified according to the specific ethical framework we are working with.

According to mine, which is to try to make it so every individual is able to self-determine its fate to the greatest extent possible, I am pretty good most of the time. At least I make it so everyone knows what is happening according to my perspective (and then take their feedback to improve how I see the situation).
>>
>>28237265
I'm not a good person, but I think I'm better than most.

Still,I'm trying to improve.
>>
No, I genuinely believe myself to be among the worst people to have ever lived. My suffering is deserved.
>>
File: 1398968208999.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1398968208999.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
>>28237507
this.!.!.!niggerbloxfuckermudassholefuckyou
>>
File: 1459824649886.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1459824649886.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>28237265
I do good things for others but I'm most certainly not a good person. I would throw every single person that I knew, including my family, under the bus if it meant I got something out of it.

People like me deserve to get shot since all we're good at is deception and back stabbing.
>>
What is good? I'd say more or less like if I found someone's phone or wallet I would give it back but I don't ask anyone for favors and really they shouldn't expect NY form me either
>>
>>28237265
I have good intentions with the inclusion of self gain. Have I done selfless acts?
Yes, some were stupid and impulse reactions, but yeah.
Have I done things nice in order to garner something from it?
Yes
I'm not a terrible person, at least in real life, but I also have my fair share of awful things I've done.
I do my part in trying to improve myself and survive along the way, it's nice to have people you can call acquaintances that are willing to help you and satisfy needs, but when I say it like that it makes me seem like a lifeless robot.
>>
I don't think i'm good, but i don't think i'm bad either. i'm just some thing that accidentally got put into life and was expected to do something there
>>
The only way to be a good person is to believe yourself to be a terrible, undeseriving one and to act accordingly.
>>
>>28237265
I feel like I was supposed to be a good person.

Easiest way I can explain it to others is I was supposed to be like butters. But I'm a lot more like cartman.
>>
I'm the worst person I know desu ):
>>
Not sure if I'm bad and want to be good or good and want to be bad. I guess I'm chaotic neutral.

Sometimes I want to rampage and other times I want to be altruistic, but what I actually do is nothing with a few small good deeds.
>>
no. i'm a total narcissist. It's funny because my gf once told me I was "the good guy"
>>
>>28237265
I was in the past.
>>
i don't believe in good or evil
i want the universe to fuck off and stop existing though, so i guess people who believe in that kind of thing would call me bad
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.