[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You think you'd be happier if you had a girlfriend? Yeah,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: qqq.png (6 KB, 540x364) Image search: [Google]
qqq.png
6 KB, 540x364
You think you'd be happier if you had a girlfriend? Yeah, maybe for a while. Having someone there for you is great, someone to do things with, to talk to, to hang out and watch films in bed. But eventually it becomes a routine part of your life to the point it no longer draws happiness; it ebbs away and you become neutral, just like before you met her. Except now you have this uncontrollable dependency on her and anytime she hurts you or you get jealous the feelings come crashing down on you like a ton of bricks. It's a crushing feeling that was never worth the initial happiness but you can't just back out of it and run away because leaving her would tear your world apart.
>>
In my head I always knew this, my heart says when the novelty of it wears off I'd still love her and I'd change my tact up a bit. Isn't that a normal part of relationships, getting used to each other? The dependency sounds like a recipe for disaster but you can coach yourself through it, right?
>>
Having a GF would motivate me to actually do something with my life because I'd have something in my life that I'd want to do good things for and live happily with.

Having nothing to go home to makes everything feel pointless.

>inb4 betabux
>inb4 cuck

im not talking about finding some single mother. I am talking about just finding a fresh, single woman, with no bagging, someone else like me, who just wants the company, something to come home to after work and spend time with.
>>
Having been without for 25 years, I'm pretty sure I'll still be shocked after a year of waking up next to a living, breathing girl. Probably around two years before I get accustomed.

> tfw you could have two years of bliss if a girl just liked you
>>
>>28236998
I'd enjoy the focus of direction.

Right now just grinding work and fitness solo is actually dull. My progress feels slow no matter how quickly I advance, and life feels boring.

If I had a second person in my life I cherished as much as myself, it's double the exposure to risk and reward. Double the sensations and interactions. Life would be twice as interesting. The two of us together could accomplish more than the sum of our parts would suggest.

At the very least I wouldn't be nagged by the unpleasant sensation I get from falling asleep and waking up alone.

I think I'm too smart to fall for the dependancy meme though. The idea that it could end at any moment will always be at the back of my mind. By my decision, if necessary.
>>
>>28236998
You could say the same thing about everything, 20 years ago it blew people's mind that everyone could own a cellphone. People get used to shit
>>
>>28236998
I remember this feel from my 3 years of oneitis for one of my best friends

I miss those feels desu

Oneitis > noneitis
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.