[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck normies can be constantly making jokes about everything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 1461612055644.jpg (312 KB, 1600x842) Image search: [Google]
1461612055644.jpg
312 KB, 1600x842
How the fuck normies can be constantly making jokes about everything? How can they do this shit so fast?

>tfw I look like a retard because I can't hold the banter
>tfw starting to think I'm literally retarded
>>
they don't have autism. also they joke so constantly that the jokes you hear are likely variations of jokes they've sad before, if not exact repeats.
>>
>>28236838
So your problem is you're dull witted?
>>
>>28236838
it's about wit and pithiness. you can only get good at it by firing back at people when they shit talk and tell jokes. don't be the sperg who stumbles over his words and can't make a good retort.
>>
>>28236838
This is learned by observation, but don't force yourself to learn it. It's dumb to try to change yourself to be more entertaining to others.
>>
>>28236838

It takes practice with plenty of trail and error. Back when I used to be able to talk to people, I was able to joke around no problem. I've lost my opportunities to practice that skill and now I'm shit at it.
>>
>>28236895
Yes
Now fuck off normie
>>
>>28236965
Can't fix stupid.

Join a monastery.
>>
Be careful about doing this. I've noticed most people can dish out bants, but rarely can they ever take it back.

Maybe my counter-bants are too harsh, but holy fuck I don't think I've ever counter-banted someone without them getting visibly upset and annoyed.

I am really good at annoying people I guess, kek. People can't handle the bants, not even normies.
>>
>>28236986
that's because it's banter, not make someone feel like shit and step over a social line that you autistic fucks don't understand
>>
Its not a matter of being a normie, some people are just naturally funny. There are lots of funny people on /r9k/. It just helps when you have social interaction because you can learn what makes people laugh and what doesn't.
>>
>>28236986
Examples, my riggity robot?
>>
The first part of being funny is being respected, if you aren't respected your jokes just aren't as funny.

Just say what comes to your head without being embarrassed about it or thinking about it, if you are autistic its gonna take a while before you say anything funny.

The jokes are more funny depending on how you say them and to who you are saying them, not what you are saying. The more jokes you tell the better you will become, it's like literally any other skill.
>>
>>28237002
Exactly. These tards can't distinguish bantz from posting on 4chins.
>>
Anxiety gives you brain fog.
>>
>>28237002
Nah....It's not like that. How people react to your banter is all about social status.

I just have low-social status. You cannot banter with low-social status. If you try banter with low-social status you will only upset the person. Banter can only be done properly if you have high high-social status.

Notice in a group scenario, the lesser social status individual will be brushed off and shit on easily. The higher social status individual can do and say the exact same things and will get a completely different response.
>>
>>28236986

Banter isn't really for friends, at least in England. Its a way for people who don't like each other to unite over a laugh. But if you do it to a friend who isn't very close they might take offense to it. Also, never, ever try banter with women unless you're a 10/10.
>>
>>28237031
That's the meme pills anon.
>>
The only difference between being a friendly banter/witty individual is literally social status. High social status allows you to get away with saying lots of shit. Low social status will get you shit on very quickly if you say or do the wrong thing.
>>
>>28237043

Again you blame on some uncontrollable circumstance you're in so you don't have to admit there's something wrong with you. Banter ahs nothing to do with "social status", its practised in every echelon in society, from council estates to the houses of parliment. To be honest, its actually poor and stupid people who take offense because they care more about looking tough in front of their friends and get angrier faster.
>>
>>28237082
He's not talking about economic class, you massive autist. If you don't agree with him, why are you here?
>>
>>28237082
retard

you think the lawyer who began practicing 2 years ago is allowed to banter with the judge whose got 40 years experience?

NO, because the 2 year lawyer has LOW social status in that field, he wouldn't dare bants with the 40 year veteran.

Its the same with any other scenario in life. Within a group of friends, if you carry low social status YOU WILL NOT be allowed to say or do certain things that the high social status individual will be able to do and get away with without repercussion.
>>
>>28237107

What "social status"? Maybe that's how works in America, but not in England. obviously you don't want to bantering with some 7 ft bald guy with spider web and nazi tattoos, but you're completely fine otherwise.

>If you don't agree with him, why are you here?

Uh, because I disagree and want to voice my opinion? Why don't suck his cock you little faggot.
>>
>>28237161

What? Not when they're at work no, outside of work he can say whatever the fuck he wants.

>Within a group of friends, if you carry low social status YOU WILL NOT be allowed to say or do certain things that the high social status individual will be able to do and get away with without repercussion.

Maybe that's a yank thing, doesn't work like that here.
>>
>be quiet and awkward in real life
>be around friends and bystanders think I'm naturally happy and funny
>>
"banter" is like quantum physics for people with autism like me
>>
You can all bantz online.

I suspect the real problem is you're all ugly/fat/creepy and people just want to get away from you no matter what you're saying.
>>
You have to match their severity, so if they say you have a funny voice you don't say something like they're a pathetic faggot with no real friends.
Then you have to properly deliver it with the right tone and facial expression. It should be with a challenging smirk or grin, and sound like it's a natural fact not an insult.
If you do this wrong you'll seem like an asshole or autistic.
>>
I am afraid of getting involved in banter because I feel bad everytime I do it. I don't know why. Someone can destroy me using banter, and when I banter them back...even if they act all cool about it, I still feel horrible for doing it.

Why do I feel so horrible for banting people? How do normies do it without feeling anything? I DONT FEEL LIKE BANTING PEOPLE IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD FOR THEM.
>>
>>28237173
The implication was, if you don't believe people are treated unfairly based on social status, then why come to a board for people who believe themselves to have been treated unfairly based on social status.
>>
>>28236986
>bants

If you live in the US, you need to know that we don't banter like Brits.

American conversation, especially with people you don't know, needs to be funny only on an impersonal level. When you're talking about personal topics, it needs to be warm and inquisitive. It is considered tasteless to do self-deprecating humor and downright offensive to belittle or judge another person, whether it's about their appearance, opinions, career, etc. American humor in polite conversation usually rests in observation: how something about the scenario is ridiculous. Like if you're talking to a cashier, you might ask how their day is, how long their shift is, and laugh with them about how ridiculous it is to close the store because people make messes in it. Or you might laugh about something like the chip reader taking longer than swiping the card.

Light conversation in the US is supposed to be pleasant and show how you care. There are a lot of rules to it, which can be exhausting, but this is why so many visitors to our country say that we are generally kind people.

American humor can get crude as soon as it comes out in the conversation that you share the same opinions as the other person. Our society is very politically correct, but as soon as you realize that you share a common enemy with somebody, you can throw all of that out of the window. I'm not talking about extreme racism or something, I'm just saying that you can have a lot of fun belittling the opposite position about whatever topic.

The only case where banter really comes into play with Americans is flirtation. Banter is supposed to be charming, and we are much more monogamous and heteronormative than Europeans, so you don't just go around being charming to anybody and everybody. If you are flirting with a girl, it is really important to set aside the rules so that you can banter and poke fun at her in a playful way.

tl;dr Americans don't banter about personal topics unless it's flirting.
>>
>>28237376

People can be unfairly treated for a million reasons in a million contexts. In some situations, yeah, maybe if you banter with someone who doesn't get it, they won't like it. But these silly generalizations and attempts to attention seek and make people feel sorry for you are wrong and I feel like calling them out. This board isn't "for" you or your little friends. Its a general board.
>>
>>28237536
>It's a general board.
Officially, yes. And the Queen officially rules England. What's your point?

And obviously people are treated unfairly for lots of reasons, but social status is undeniably one of those reasons. The fact that other injustices exist doesn't mean that one doesn't.
>>
Some normies get mad when robots return fire because they actually see themselves as being above you on the social ladder. Doesn't even matter if your bants are good and not over the line. You're suppose to be the butt of their jokes as far as they're concerned.
>>
>>28237657

First, the Queen does England. The army is loyal to her, not David Cameron and anytime She wanted She could dissolve parliment. Second, saying that no-one will let you banter because you're "low social status" is as much of a lie as the concept of "privilege". Or again, if you live in America, I don't know how things work there, maybe its different.
>>
>>28237657
Not that anon, but despite you not wanting normies here, it's a fact we're present and most of us are here to stay.

Now I personally avoid rustling robots jimmies because why would I? I don't hate you guys or anything, even though I disagree with plenty of "your" general opinions. Then again, when I ask in a thread where people are just being asshole towards one another in no constructive way to "chill down a bit", I get called a fucking normie who isn't in his safe space or whatever other buzzword. Which I find silly and sometimes reply.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I avoid bants with people I'm not close friends with, because you never know how sensitive they are.

When it comes to friend, I have a couple of them who I literally practice bants with every other day. Sometimes it goes too far, and we apologize to eachother afterwards because the point is not to make someone feel bad but to show that you are wittier or whatever.
>>
>>28237863
Privilege is not a lie, nor is social status. People are treated badly for unfair reasons all the time. And having watched British TV, I find it hard to believe it's any different in that regard from the rest of the world.
>>
>>28237882
>Not that anon, but despite you not wanting normies here, it's a fact we're present and most of us are here to stay.

just gotta jump in and say that people like you are the "btw I'm a girl" of this board. also really annoying because you act like your life is so much better, even though you are spending your time sitting in threads on 4chan. then you usually launch into some tirade about how you're actually a really busy person with a career and a BMW and blablabla and how you just come here for laughs. hence why robots tell people like you to gtfo, you're like a tourist to the community.
>>
>>28238031

>having watched British TV

Yeah, like when Rimmer insults Lister all the time despite him being universally disliked, or when Rodney insults Del Boy despite Del Boy being considered his guardian. Listen, I've grown up in England. Obviously, if you banter with someone who is inherently violent and unstable, or has a lot of pride, you'll end up ina tough spot. But most people know what banter is, an usually if its someone who's considered a "nerd" who banters, its even funnier because no-one expects it. Self-depreiciating humor is a big thing here. And yes, privelege is a lie. There's nothing stopping anyone in a first world country getting wherever they want to go, except exceptional circumstances such as mental illness.
>>
>>28238121
>There's nothing stopping anyone in a first world country getting wherever they want to go, except exceptional circumstances such as mental illness.

This is true, but a harsh truth that bleeding-heart liberals can never, ever accept because they believe in social determinism so strongly.
>>
>>28237863
YOUUUUUUU MENTALLY LAME SPASTIC DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY IS???? THE QUEEN HAS NO FUCKING POWER YOU SPERG OXYGEN THIEF

im writing you a strongly worded letter, whats your address?
>>
>>28238093
Uhh I've never done any of what you accuse me off. And stating that I'm a normie was called for in this situation, since the anon called out normies in general for comming to this board.

I don't consider my life better/worse than any of people here, because guess what, I have no fucking idea what your lives are like, since we're anons here.

I'm a normie by your definition, not by mine, since I don't view socitey as a normie/robot dichotomy.
>>
>>28238184

Yes she does. Again, the army is loyal to her. If she decided she wanted Britain back, the army would be obliged to fight for her. That does mean they would at an individual level, but she owns the army.
>>
>>28238177
Not saying it prevents anyone from doing anything in an absolute sense, but I'm sure there are certain parts of, for example, the American south where it's harder to get hired as a black person.

Not gonna flagellate myself about it, and obviously it's not as prevalent as liberals make it out to be, but it does exist in some capacity.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.