[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I meditate, as I get deeper into it my eyelids start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: daki.jpg (154 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
daki.jpg
154 KB, 500x667
Every time I meditate, as I get deeper into it my eyelids start to just seize or something. I take this as a bad thing, and attempt to suppress/get past it but I'm never able to. Is it natural for that to happen as my mind delves into oneness?
>>
you're probably doing it wrong.don't worry it's normal.

luckily you can't hurt yourself very easily with meditation like you can with exercise
>>
>>28233295

I can't be, I have no thoughts at all as I do. I reach rapture, I'm not sure if I reach joy but I'm definitely going the right way. Could it be underlying stress?
>>
>>28233418
the 'no thoughts' crap normally refers to the beginning relaxation stage of meditation where you focus on reflecting inwardly. it's similar to undergoing hypnosis aka 'trance' or to some kinds of lucid dreaming and astral projection. it's a basic way of hacking your brain into a sleep mode so that you can focus on thinking without awareness of your body and surroundings. it's the warm up to actual meditation in which you practice whatever kind of thinking is on the menu that day. it can even be as simple as just: "plans for today" or other fun stuff like visualizing a memory palace (seriously google memory palace)

i prefer to do it lying down on my back with a fan on for white noise, active meditation can work too if you like night walks for example.
>>
>>28233674

And that's the stage that I believe is being blocked or at least preceded by my eyelids spasming like nuts. It's very distracting
>>
bump 4 help pls orijinul
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.