[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that life's a genetic lottery that you l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: winner.png (338 KB, 692x758) Image search: [Google]
winner.png
338 KB, 692x758
Daily reminder that life's a genetic lottery that you lost.
http://www.feelguide.com/2015/03/29/ucl-supermodel-math/
>>
i know that already but i'm trying to make the most of what i have
>>
>>28232398
all i can do is play the cards i'm given desu
>>
>>28232398
pls stop those threads it just makes feel even worse about myself im already considering suicide
>>
>2016
>Still thinking people care about looks

What the hell are you doing with your life
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 498x568
>>28233626
N-no t-this can't be
>>
>>28233054
Better looking people make more money and are more intelligent, yes people care about looks
>>
>>28233676
>yes people care about looks
i don't care about people so what
>>
>>28232398
Nah I lost the financial lottery. Being born poor is the worst fate. You either have to fight the rest of your life to become middle class and literally sell your life to the rich to not be poor or go without.

>Lifelong Slavery
>Going without everything
You get no other choices.
>>
File: 1459807407706.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459807407706.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
>>28233676
>better looking people are more intelligent
>>
>>28234006
This
>born into extreme poverty
>parents still expect me to be grateful towards life
JFMSU
>>
>>28232398
Thank you Satoshi Kanazawa for showing us that correlation really is causation. And from the article title you might assume that your IQ comes from your facial symmetry and not your brain genetics.
>>
>>28233626
>>28233655
Still believing in "Today Magazines" andn ot realizing they are futurist propaganda pandering to idiot college fags
>>
>>28234233
>parents bring you into a situation that is simply not worth living
>expect you to kiss their ass and be thankful when they begrudgingly keep you fed and watered while criticising your lack of life success

fucking normies
>>
>>28232398
>professor
literally a teaching assistant
>mathematics
literally an engineer
JUST
>>
>>28234233
If I could rewrite my life, I think I would have tracked my parents down and killed them with my own hands. Fortunately, they were both such evil failures that they fucked their own lives up tremendously and I got to laugh. My father died alone suffering and my mother is a miserable prisoner of her latest husband and has failing health both mentally and physically. Their deaths give me money too so there's a minor bonus.
>>
>>28232398
Someone remind me again why plastic surgery is not worth it when I've got plenty of savings rotting in my bank account?
>>
>>28234318
cant turn your brain into a normie brain
>>
>>28232398
Yeah some people are lucky

Why mope about it
>>
>>28232398
This guy must be on steroids, right?
>>
File: 1454315749325.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1454315749325.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>28233676
>tfw ugly
>still intelligent
>>
>>28234339
Because it's not really luck. If decent, sane people ran things, this shit wouldn't be luck at all. Eugenics would ensure everyone was well-formed and intelligent, and decency would ensure that a tiny cabal of sociopaths didn't hoard everything and devastate literally everything outside of their gated communities. And no, eugenics does not mean that nobody is ever happy because "hurr someone always haf 2 b ugly!" because human biology doesn't work that way. We're programmed to understand basic shit like symmetry and genetic predilections to put on and keep on fat (endomorphic shits).
>>
>>28234331
Do you need one? Don't girls dig the whole "nerdy autist" 8/10 thing? I could do that with a touch up to my nose and perhaps something to improve my jaw in general.

It's just so embarrassing to have to tell your normie doctor "pls, make me less ugly"
>>
>>28233023
Don't an hero, live to spite the normies. Existing in their world, breathing their air, displacing their space, this is our revenge.
>>
>>28234286
in fairness, engineering can get pretty involved in some places. Just because it isn't pure doesn't make it easy.

t. mildly rustled engineering student
>>
>>28232398
I think lost is harsh but yeah you definitely wouldn't want my lot
>>
I don't believe that beautiful people are more intelligent. The fact that beautiful people seem to do better is because of the constant positive attention they get. It's simply impossible to fail when you're attractive.
>>
Yeah, I'm sure that guy was born with those gains and the PhD below his toned arm.

Quit your bitching, faggots.
>>
>>28233626
>psychologists not knowing when they're getting memed on by the halo effect
>>
>>28235267
He was born with the face, though, and the face is good enough that he probably received a great deal of attention as a kid/teenager.

The halo effect would therefore fill him with a constant flow of confidence that would have made earning a PhD and gaining a great physique much easier.

Also note that this guy probably had literally zero problems through school. He was both 10/10 genetically and likely very intelligent. He probably had a consistent social life, consistent romantic/sexual life, AND consistently brilliant grades. I doubt he suffered mental or emotional trauma in any way.

If the guy in OP pic is who I think it is, the guy is British, too. And in the UK a class-based society is still well and truly in place. I would bet good money on this guy having attended an elite English private school and having very rich parents. Yet more that he was born into.

He's probably tall too.
>>
>>28235441
He's tall, it's stated in the article, dude literally had a perfect life growing up.
>>
>>28235267
He was born with the FACE and FRAME

Not to mention intellectual capacity
>>
>>28235441
This he attends the British equivalent of the Ivy League, he was definitely born rich.
>English private school
*Public school my dear burger. We call private schools public schools for some reason.
>>
>>28233626
> 7 and 11 year olds
> rated by their teachers

Halo effect cuts both ways
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.