[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't owned a video game console in about 4 years, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1459091494148.jpg (258 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459091494148.jpg
258 KB, 960x1280
I haven't owned a video game console in about 4 years, I now have the urge to play some new vidya

Should I get a ps4 or xbox one?
>>
I got my Xbone for free. If I hadn't then I would've probably gotten a PS4 (if I could afford one).
>>
I'd say steam machine or wii u, but given that choice go ps4 without doubts
>>
>>28229006
>wii u

>muh mario
>>
I'm in the same kind of situation, might get one in the next few months. What's the deal with backwards compatibility? And does PS4 charge for online now?
>>
>>28229061
>What's the deal with backwards compatibility?
Nobody cares. Just keep your PS3.
>And does PS4 charge for online now?
Pretty sure it does.

t. Xbone owner
>>
File: 1360727048848.png (29 KB, 759x800) Image search: [Google]
1360727048848.png
29 KB, 759x800
build a pc. consoles arent worth the money.
>>
gaming is horrible atm, dont even bother. its literally the worst time in gaming history right now.

all developers and publishes are "playing it safe" and not doing anything new because the cost of making a game is so much now that they're too scared to do anything different

also, gaming is all mainstream now to appeal to majority of normalfags who cannot appreciate a good game, everything is has been dumbed down to cater to the casual audience, all challenge has been removed, all annoyances have been removed, everything that made you feel good about when playing/beating a game has been removed.

gaming has essentially been destroyed by the normalfag, so much so that you have games like Demon Souls which come out that games in their own league, and even that got dumbed down and turned into Dark Souls.

It's like WoW now, look at World of warcraft, its fucking disgusting. It's spent 10 years slowly cattering to the normalfag audience and the game is a shell of its former self, it's not even a fucking MMORPG anymore.

I really hope Blizzard stops being a cunt and releases a vanilla WoW server so I can play a game again that is annoying,painful and grindy as fuck, being just a simple adventurer instead of made out to be some super hero autist.

Normies have this desire to be the "hero" and everything in their game, they never want to play a hard role, they want to play the god. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>28229077
I never even had a PS3. I ask because the last MGS I played was snake eater, would be interested in catching up though
>>
>>28229090
tldr: normalfags ruined gaming
>>
>>28229090
I suppose they can't take risks now due to them costing so much to make but I want to play the new Metal Gear, Fallout and sheeeeit
>>
>>28229121
I dunno, look it up then. If I were you I'd get a jailbroken PS3 from somewhere for playing all the JRPGs (which is the only reason to have a PS3 imo) and a new PS4 for buying games. Pretty darn good combo.
>>
Don't bother, only teenagers and Chads play videogames now.
>>
File: 1419654777576.jpg (35 KB, 530x326) Image search: [Google]
1419654777576.jpg
35 KB, 530x326
>>28229121
Don't bother. Please for the love of god just leave your memories of MGS there unless you want to see a game series go from "great" to absolute dog shit in a matter of two games. 4 and 5 are completely abominations of Kojima's hack-job writing.
>>
>>28229006
>wii u

I bought one but it's dead. NX will be out next year. If there's Wii U games you want better to just wait to the NX comes out and then buy the Wii U games cheap. Pretty sure it's going to be backwards compatible.
>>
>>28229235
I played peace walker on psp and really liked it
>>
File: 213px-34026-p-01-title.jpg (25 KB, 213x286) Image search: [Google]
213px-34026-p-01-title.jpg
25 KB, 213x286
>>28229260

Thanks for letting me know, senpai.
>>
>>28228931

It doesn't matter, just get Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>28229307
Sorry meant to quote this lad

>>28229218
>>
File: 1_007_001.png (427 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1_007_001.png
427 KB, 557x605
Don't buy either of those consoles. Buy an Xbox 360 and play DaS1. Only farm slabs and I will pay you $2.50 for each slab that you give me. Then after a couple of days of /slabfarming/ (warning: real nigga hours required) you can build a PC that has an i5 processor and maybe even a monitor. Let me know what you think.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.