[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is narcissism an intrinsic human trait, or is it a consequence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: thiccc.jpg (104 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
thiccc.jpg
104 KB, 1080x1080
Is narcissism an intrinsic human trait, or is it a consequence of social media?
>>
I want to pour acid on that booty
>>
File: 1461170982803.jpg (93 KB, 510x798) Image search: [Google]
1461170982803.jpg
93 KB, 510x798
>>28228033
>the king of /r9k/ made another thread
>>
>>28228075
eggman made a thread? link?
>>
>>28228033
i dunno butt dat ass
>>
Everyone is narcissistic to a certain extent

I'm currently reading Malignant Self Love: Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin. Check it out.

>>28228088
eggman's a normie piece of shit

Donatello is our real NEET king
>>
>>28228047
Wat a gay boy.

I was to pour semen from my cock all over once I pull it out of her pussy.
>>
>>28228033
I think it's a mixture of both, while we all internally have our own self-interest as the forefront, environmental factors also have a hand in it
>>
>>28228109
>I was to pour semen from my cock all over once I pull it out of her pussy.
You can do that once I am done pouring acid on dat ass.
>>
File: 1461081096042.png (151 KB, 308x306) Image search: [Google]
1461081096042.png
151 KB, 308x306
>>28228088
That's a weird way to spell Donny-boy
>>
File: 1391327007826.jpg (87 KB, 598x699) Image search: [Google]
1391327007826.jpg
87 KB, 598x699
Well narcissism has been around longer than social media so...
>>
>>28228033
>Narcissism
extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

I think narcissism is more of a unhealthy mental state. If you get told all your life youre the best thing ever. You will soon believe it.
Rarely people are the best thing ever. Some are but they have the achievement to back it up.
Simply getting lots of attention on social media isnt anything worthwhile.

>Create a business that revolutionize the auto industry and the areospatial industry
That have some bragging right, that man changed the world

>Get lots of likes on facebook because you have good genes
You didnt work for your look and your looks will soon fade
>>
>>28228129
Nah, because your impedes my enjoyment. Mine doesn't impede yours. Once I've cum I have literally no interest so I don't care what you do with your acid at that point.
>>
>>28228033
Do you see it as a mental illness?
Doesn't seem right to give yourself so much value while at the same time looking for the validation of others by putting yourself or your work out there.
>>
>>28228446
It is a mental illness, according to the DSM5
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and
lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as
indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or
ideal love.
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or
should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
4. Requires excessive admiration.
5. Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable
treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).
6. Is inter personally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her
own ends).
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
>>
>>28228033
Humans have always been narcissists, social media has only promoted it and made it more socially acceptable.
>>
File: 1460339503852.png (152 KB, 678x624) Image search: [Google]
1460339503852.png
152 KB, 678x624
My gosh thicker, op!
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 500x667
>>28228550
OHHH YEAAHH GIMME THIKKK
>>
>>28228482
>2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
Interesting.
>>
Narcissism is an intrinsic human trait. In fact, self love, within limits, is healthy and catalytic to our self development.

NPD however is far from self-love. The clinical narcissist does not love himself. He instead constructs an ideal of himself and imposes it against reality. He can only gain a sense self worth from other people's compliments & admiration.

Social media, because it relies heavily on the world of the 'ideal', can accentuate narcissistic behaviors, from otherwise healthy individuals or people with NPD, diagnosed or not. How these traits manifest will depend on other variables and traits in each individual. It would also be pertinent to add that a lot of the attention-whoring behaviors exhibited on such platforms fit the criteria for egomania, which can exist alone or alongside NPD -though rather rare-.

It is safe to say however that overuse of social media can produce symptoms very similar to NPD -or arguably egomania-. In such, this seeming rise of narcissism is indeed a consequence of social media.
However, like originally stated, narcissism does come naturally to the human experience. What's dangerous about our current predicament is we, as a collective, are feeding it too much.

Also, this guy knows what's up
>>28228104
Read the book he suggests.
>>
>>28228047
>PGOAT reference on r9k?
>>
>>28229383
Eloquently put, Anon.
I think as with practically anything in life, moderation is important. This too goes for the consumption of social media.
>>
>>28228033
I don't know, but why would you want a gigantic ass? That's horrifying.
>>
>>28228482
You just described half of the posters on this board.
>>
>>28228033
People find that attractive? Ewww
>>
Who the fuck is this semon demon? Asses like that are literally my fetish. God damn. Who is she?

>>28230136
Asslet
>>28231465
Detected
>>
>>28231465
Hell yeah.

That thick, fat ass clearly shows she'll produce some healthy babies, unlike your scrawny anorexic flat ass.
>>
>>28228971
women like this will balloon to 300 pounds as soon as you put a ring on their finger
>>
>>28228482
I seriously fit every point on this post. I'm kind of scared to go a therapist to get diagnosed though. I hate most people and I doubt they can get me to change.
>>
Is narcissism an intrinsic human trait, or is it a consequence of social media?

They sell us love as divinity
When it's only a social obscenity
Underneath we're ALL lovable
HA!
Hello anhero anhero hello
Hello anhero hello hello
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEd0NBPtemc
>>
>>28231465
T-rex effect senpai.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.