[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: TTVGBTGRTRGF.png (3 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
TTVGBTGRTRGF.png
3 KB, 750x383
Hello, friends!

I've been unable to post for some time, but I haven't given up on you, fear not.

Ask anything.

Report on your progress.

The guide will follow. (Funny sentence, that.)

And if you're a novice (in which case this thread is really for you), then be sure to:

>calculate basal rate
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

>count your calories daily

This is necessary no matter where you are on your fitness progress.

All my love.
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Here is the guide, it will answer most of your questions.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
Know your calories.
>>
>>28227763
>Some will argue that a calorie of this isn't the same as a calorie of that

Yeah, those stupid people who think your digestive system would just pass a lump of coal, right?
>>
>>28227937

Nobody says that. A calorie of coal remains a calorie, however. You can't eat that, but you can use that calorie in other ways and it remains the same amount of energy.

Someone who's allergic to nuts can't eat a calorie of nuts, either. There's no argument in this.
>>
File: what is a calorie.png (49 KB, 1288x407) Image search: [Google]
what is a calorie.png
49 KB, 1288x407
>>28227937

oiringrignringala
>>
Deadlifted properly for the first time the other day, practically breezed through my set of 50kg whereas I had a shitton of trouble with 45 the workout before that. Looks like I'm not as weak as I thought I was, 'tis a good feel.
>>
>>28228214

Excellent!

ooorroorgrinal
>>
>>28227763
How many sets is good?
>>
>>28228018
>>28228038
Either you're intentionally misconstruing the argument, or you don't know any better.

If you eat 10 calories of banana vs 10 calories of cola the same amount of insulin will not be released.
>>
>>28228018
>Nobody says that.

Just like nobody says that a calorie is less energy, just that it's processed differently.

The point is you made a straw man argument. In terms of diet, yes, the source of the calories is relevant. Eating fiber and drinking water with sugar will make most of the undigested sugars pass, the only method by which sugar is turned into fat is by insulin, and decidedly less insulin is released when you eat fibrous sources of sugar as opposed to simple sugars.
>>
>>28228624

You mean per exercise or total?

Not all sets are equal. I do about 20 to 30. Total.
>>
>>28228652
>If you eat 10 calories of banana vs 10 calories of cola the same amount of insulin will not be released.

But when did I ever say that? I'm talking about sheer energy contained in food, measured in calories. I say all calories are calories, not all foods are the same. When it comes to being a fatass or not, your primary concern is calories, and short of eating only the same thing over and over, you should focus on calories primarily, way before anything else.

Eating nonprocessed food generally does the trick for the rest, but I stick by calories in, calories out.

Calories measure energy, nothing else, and I never suggested it did.
>>
>>28228685
>The point is you made a straw man argument

Where?
>>
>>28228691
I meant per set.

It's hard to sneak in some shoulder work when I think my back is underworked with 3x10
>>
>>28228736
>It's hard to sneak in some shoulder work when I think my back is underworked with 3x10

5x5 is a good average. Go up in reps if you can, up to 8, but after that, load up.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.