[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide Methods Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14 KB, 636x477
Sup famalam. What do you guys think are the best methods to commit suicide? Gunshot seems pretty easy and straightforward, but I was also thinking about carbon monoxide poisoning. You can order formic acid and sulfuric acid online and I guess they react to form CO, but idk how much I'd need to fill the interior of a car or whatever. I live with my parents and I'd rather not have them be the ones to discover me, but if they need to ID me or whatever I think CO poisoning would prob be less grotesque than blowing my brains out. Thoughts??
>>
Easiest way would probably be to hang yourself with a belt around a doorknob. Or a gun, but guns aren't readily available for most people. I suppose there's helium tanks, but I hear helium tanks aren't 100% helium and wont kill you. Not sure how true that is
>>
>>28226820
I'm over 21 and I live in the US. I could buy a handgun with my next shitty minimum wage paycheck, but idk where I should do it. I don't really want to cause other people trauma over finding me, and I feel like a gory way to go like gunshot would be pretty bad you know
>>
>>28226786
It might only get worse friendo, but suffering might be better than experiencing nothing. That being said, no single method as reliable as a system with multiple points of failure. Find a way to get CO2 poisoning, couple it with another type of poisoning, alcohol, and if you can muster the courage, gunshot. I hope you find someone to talk to or find someone or something that helps.

Try 7 cups if you want to chat online, or you can call the national suicide hotline.
>>
>>28226874
A gunshot to the head will be bloody, but it wont be that bad. People dealing with your body will have seen other dead bodies just like yours, it wont phase them. Unless you're talking about family finding you, in which dying at all is going to hurt them. If you're worried about a land lord or someone like that finding you, then who gives a shit. At that point you're just looking for excuses not to do it.
>>
If you're looking for methods and rates of success google lostallhope and it should be the first website, it'll give details and percentages for many methods as well as if you'll look like you went peacefully. (Run on for days)
>>
>>28226986
Yeah, this is where I got my statistics. What a surprise that cutters almost never die, just attention whoring emo kids.
>>
>>28226986
Been there done that. Honestly I just want someone with some chemistry skills to let me know how much formic and sulfuric acid I need to react to create rapidly lethal levels of CO in ~5 cubic meters. I have a really beautiful place picked out to park at and mix
>>
I think the best way is probably to duct-tape your nose and mouth shut and shoot yourself in the head with a high-caliber handgun, preferably a .45 caliber hollowpoint. If the bullet fails to kill you instantly, you either lose consciousness and asphyxiate, are paralyzed and asphyxiate, or pull the trigger again.
>>
>>28226909
Do they make family members identify your body in situations like that?
>>
>>28227364
If you don't have an ID, yes. Even if you have an ID on you, they may still have to get a family member to identify it. I had a family member die by train and my father had to identify the body and it scarred him for life. But most deaths are not as gruesome.
>>
>>28227397
Well, I would prob have my wallet on me in any case. I just don't want my mother or father having to see me with my head blown off or whatever. My father found his mother when she committed suicide by gunshot and I think it triggered lifelong psychological issues. I don't really want to make my parents lives any more meaningless or miserable so I may wait until they die to do anything. In any event, I feel like inhaling toxic fumes would somehow be a lot easier than shooting myself. I could get borderline black out drunk or high, mix some chemicals together, and just fall asleep peacefully. Pretty much as close as you get to a "quit" button in life, I just need to figure out how to generate enough CO that I'll die rather than become a vegetable or retard or whatever.
>>
couldn't you leave your car running in your garage and sleep in the drivers seat until the exhaust kills you?
>>
>>28226986
That is a truly amazing website. No fluff or religious bs. Just facts. Waiting 3 days wont save everyone, but it saved me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.