[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death _of_Brian_Douglas_Wells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Brian_Douglas_Wells.jpg (48 KB, 340x465) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Douglas_Wells.jpg
48 KB, 340x465
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brian_Douglas_Wells

http://www.wired.com/2010/12/ff_collarbomb/

>Wells dropped out of high school in 1973. For nearly 30 years, he worked as a pizza delivery man
>Wells was a loyal employee, in 10 years, the only time he had called in late for work was when his cat died.
>It turned out that the quiet pizza man had a relationship with a prostitute. With the help of his pal Barnes, he bought crack, which he then gave to the prostitute in exchange for sex.
>It was only on the afternoon of the crime, when he delivered the pizzas to the TV transmission tower, that Wells realized he had been double-crossed and that the bomb was real. He was tackled as he tried to sprint away and locked into the device at gunpoint.

who is scared that they're going to be this much of a loser later in life?

jesus, he couldn't even plan a heist without the other group members fucking him over
>>
>William A. Rothstein
>Rothstein
>Roth
>stein

good fucking god /pol/ is always right.
>>
And to top it all off he gets played by Eisenberg in the movie adaptation.
>>
>>28225999
i doubt any of us will fall as far as this guy did beyond NEET-ism
>>
>With the help of his pal Barnes, he bought crack, which he then gave to the prostitute in exchange for sex.
Why didn't he just give the money directly to the prostitute?
>>
>>28225999
Of course, because it was a woman that murdered him, she and the accomplice weren't actually charged with murder for murdering this man.
>>
>>28226207
She got life + 30 years though
>>
This story always hits me right in the feels but only because Brian looks vaguely like my dad
>>
>>28226094
>NEET
>worked at a pizzeria for 30 years
What the fuck are you talking about, you stupid faggot?
>>
Why do all betas have egg shaped heads?
>>
>>28226469
I think he implied that you can do worse than being a neet

this guy appeared to have achieved that, somehow
>>
Does anyone have the video of the double pipe bomb exploding a hole in his chest?
>>
>>28226916
What do u mean? Is there a second video of the incident besides the famous one?
>>
>>28226136
She probably asked specifically for crack.
>>
>>28226916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htd64qzYTHI
>>
>>28225999
>On the afternoon of August 28, 2003, Wells received a call to deliver two pizzas to an address a few miles from the pizzeria. It was later found that the address was that of WSEE-TV's transmission tower[5] at the end of a dirt road. According to law enforcement reports, Wells was allegedly meeting people he thought were his accomplices, including Barnes
I don't get it. So he thought he was robbing a bank with them?
What's the point of the pizza call then?
>>
>>28227233
original plan: go on this delivery, have them lock the collar and fake bomb on his neck, then send him on the robbery, making it look like he was jumped while on a delivery and forced to rob the bank

he realises it's actually a real bomb, and shit gets real
>>
>>28227272
whats the point of the bomb at all? I dont get it
>>
>>28227353
so the bank staff hand over the money

it's thought that the people behind the plot might have never intended for him to survive though, the guy who was suspected of actually masterminding the plot died of cancer before ever telling anything
>>
>>28227353
Generally it's easier to force someone to rob and bank and give you all the money if there's a bomb around their neck.
>>
>>28227378
>>28227379
but then why lock it around his neck? The bomb was just unnessesary. I mean he already had a gun.
>>
>>28227378
This. It's suspected the plan was to blow him up after he left the bank as the amount of time they gave him wasn't enough to complete the route they have him.
>>
>>28227432
If someone points a gun at you and says "hey, rob this bank and we won't kill you" how likely are you to just run away once you're out of their sight?

If someone locks a metal bomb on your neck and tells you to rob a bank, how likely are you to actually do it? Granted I'd rather call the bomb squad but the point is there's a much higher likelihood of getting someone to rob a bank with a neckbomb.
>>
>>28227432
To dispose of him easier and keep the money.
>>
>>28227432
Do you really need this explained any further?
>>
File: Neckbomb.jpg (64 KB, 660x430) Image search: [Google]
Neckbomb.jpg
64 KB, 660x430
I just thought of something - with that neckbomb, couldn't you technically slide a metal sheet underneath the square bomb part to get shielded from the blast? I wonder if he could have walked away with just some burns instead of instant death.
>>
>>28227628
Would probably rip the metal into shrapnel and still kill you
>>
>>28227643
Damn, nevermind. If I were in that situation, I'd find the thugs and go full Punisher killing spree before getting blown up.
>>
>>28227685
Same. I'm gonna die so I'm taking them with me.

They targeted a lamb though. He was too docile and they took advantage of him :(
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.