[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is objectively the most alpha philosophy, and why is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: JATDa.jpg (202 KB, 1381x874) Image search: [Google]
JATDa.jpg
202 KB, 1381x874
What is objectively the most alpha philosophy, and why is it Absurdism?
>>
File: schopenhauerarthur.jpg (85 KB, 590x850) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauerarthur.jpg
85 KB, 590x850
>mfw normies actually subscribe to this hack's philosophy
>>
NotGiveAFuckIsm If you're latching your personal identity and philosophy onto anyone, especially Camus, you've already lost.
>>
File: r926916_9677185.jpg (19 KB, 340x227) Image search: [Google]
r926916_9677185.jpg
19 KB, 340x227
>>28225755
>>28225922
MFW eating from the trash can of ideology.
>>
It's objectively Nihilism.
>>
>>28225755
>>28225990

Pseudo-intellectuals detected
>>
>>28225990
>nihilism
edgelord-tier
>>
>>28225755
Hmm. I like absurdist (or dadaist) art and humor, but inever considered applying it as a daily sort of philosophy.
>>
Determinism

because it doesn't matter and isn't actually a philosophy
>>
'being too busy kicking ass at life to worry about pussy shit like philosophy', the philosophy.
>>
>>28226214
>pussy shit like philosophy
really nigga
>>
Absurdism is the most obvious pointless shit ever.The fall is a nice read tho.
>>
Judaism

We exist for thousand of years while all of your shit mentioned is only produced to sell books.

Its a common behavior of modern philosophers to bring somethin "new" up to sell their books
>>
>>28226621
>Judaism

How is that a philosophy?
>>
>>28225755
Don't know what the shit that is but I just believe in myself
>>
>>28226671
>Judaism
thats what non jews will never understand (^:
>>
File: 1438091503235.jpg (897 KB, 1625x1117) Image search: [Google]
1438091503235.jpg
897 KB, 1625x1117
Absurdism is true freedom, fear nothing, expect nothing, hope for nothing, regret nothing.

Absurdism is acceptance that you are an abstraction in an absurd world, and that to be alive and living now is simply absurd.

Absurdism is the mindful appreciation of beauty through imperfections.

Absurdism is the embrace of your inner child, a simpler time when everything was not or was.

Absurdism is not happy, nor is it sad. It states that life is not meaningless, nor is it meaningful as abstractions do not exist except within our minds, and life and the world we live in is absurd, not abstract.

Absurdism is melancholic, but the true meaning of melancholic. A bittersweet appreciation for the little things in life. Not happy, nor sad, merely appreciative of the world around us.

Absurdism is true freedom. It is not hopeless like nihilism, nor is it hopeful like moralist philosophies.

Embracing Absurdism is the act of embracing that life just is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCKf-D0T0k
>>
>>28225954
>your personal identity and philosophy onto anyone, especially Camus, you've already lost.
I don't think you understand Camus and absurdism and the idea of "latching an identity
>>
>>28225755

Absurdism:

>"I don't understand the world, so I'm going to spite it by being alive."
>"And why would that give your existence any value?"
>"Because I said so."

I don't understand how it's not just a special case of existentialism.
>>
>>28226621
Judaism is beta, like all abrahamic religions it rejects life as it is and is feminine in essence since it turns all men into surrogate females under a god no man can usurp.

In Paganism, the alpha is rooted in reality and all men are under constant competition towards usurping him. It is masculine because it maintains its strength through action instead of abstraction.
>>
File: jew nose.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jew nose.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>28226621
>>28226685
>We wuz the chosen people
>the goyim are so dumb

That's why nobody likes jews.
>>
>>28226939
this isn't what absurdism is at all, how did you come to this conclusion

aburdism is literally the believe that existence is not valuable or unvalueable
>>
>>28227004

I'm pretty sure he says in the Myth of Sisyphus that no one knows whether there is an a-priori objective purpose or value to life, but that doesn't stop him from saying life is still worth living for the sole sake of spiting "the absurd", which becomes a value in itself.

Every time something in life annoys you, give yourself arbitrary brownie points for "facing the absurd".
>>
>>28227099
>im pretty sure he

are you imply that he's the end all authority on absurdism? that would be like implying that the only authority on nihilism is Nietzsche
>>
>>28227004
>>28227099

In other words, it's like getting Xbox achievements for every second you stay alive.

They don't have any inherent value, but it's still supposed to feel good.

>>28227134

Honestly, I have no idea about any other absurdists, so I can't comment on that, but that would seem to be the core tenet.
Maybe someone else rationalised or expounded upon this in posterity.

Also, is Nietzsche really considered a nihilist? Immoralism is one thing, but if nihilism is rejection of all values, then I don't think he is, considering his whole theme of transcending humanity, which I assume holds value for him.
>>
>>28227208
>Nietzsche really considered a nihilist?

that was my point. he's credited for creating the philosophy but spent the entire rest of his life writing himself into a fucking madness trying to explain why nihilism is shit and why life has inherent meaning

this doesnt stop retards from thinking he's the papa of nihilism tho

and thats not what absuridsm is either, absurdism is the mindful appreciation of the imperfections of life and the absurd, you hope for nothing, fear nothing, live for nothing, regret nothing. life is not meaningful, but life is not meaningless.

you're just along for the ride.
>>
Anti Natalism is the most non Normie, and rational and logical.

Going beyond that, efilism is God tier

Nihilism is for braindead narrsissistic morons desu
>>
>>28227376

I have a problem with efilism too, in that it doesn't explain where the objective value of suffering or its prevention comes from.
>>
>>28227295

>and thats not what absuridsm is either, absurdism is the mindful appreciation of the imperfections of life and the absurd, you hope for nothing, fear nothing, live for nothing, regret nothing. life is not meaningful, but life is not meaningless.

>you're just along for the ride.

Sounds like phenomenology to me.
>>
>>28227515
Sentience creates objective value because it puts the welfare of its participants into a value equation of positive and negative. Life is inherently negative because it creates needs that does not need to exist. And desires that can never complete be for filled.

All life is, is a gladiator war between species trying to solve the inherent negative value attached to becoming alive through sex, food, simple pleasures, anything to take your conscious mind off of the need mechanism. The desire machine.

Life does not need to exist, therefore creating it is a zero sum game. Pointless, and harmful to every creature participating.

Suffering is the only thing with inherent value because it preys on the conscious , the only thing with the capacity to feel.
>>
File: Maurice Merleau-Ponty.jpg (40 KB, 463x652) Image search: [Google]
Maurice Merleau-Ponty.jpg
40 KB, 463x652
>>28227531
Phenomenology is the most alpha philosophy, but it's traditionally about trying to take the crippling flaws of both empiricism and rationalism seriously. That doesn't mean surrender, it means going back to basics and trying to make a new, less fucky science. That may not be possible---but if it isn't, what does that say for our current, completely fucky science?
>>
>>28225755
Absurdism isn't really a philosophy. (And Camus didn't call himself a philosopher.) To be honest, it's just how non-religious people who don't kill themselves tend to think. Any alternative isn't viable for mental health.

My dad is an absurdist, but I bet he's never heard the word. But it's how he taught me.
>>
I think that solipsism is the most alpha philosophy. If you're the only "real" person, then you are alpha by default.
>>
Call me a cuck as much as you want, but I think love and compassion is a pretty good philosophy desu
>>
>All these words on this screen about this one guy's words he said
>Le Sigh...
>>
>>28227972
I think you're right. Existentialists and absurdists and every other bland fence-sitting philosophy is like a battery that has no charge. Boring.
>>
>>28226621
One day the sun will expand and this world will be ash,then you can join the rest of your chosen people.
>>
>>28228039
No, they are different categories. An absurdist would act on the outside like everyone else, and for the same reasons. The only difference is how he would deal with despair.

You don't need to think about any of this stuff when things are going well.

>There is only one really serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide.
>>
File: 1375513189342.jpg (29 KB, 685x367) Image search: [Google]
1375513189342.jpg
29 KB, 685x367
>>28228070
inb4 tech kikes claim we will upload our consciousness to cyberspace or expand our civilization to the stars.
>>
>>28227972
Love and compassion are only adequate if you don't have to make any real decisions. For example, what methodology would you employ to develop a social system? Or really, how do you get through any situation in which all options have serious negative repercussions? You might have some opinions on these sorts of issues, but those opinions won't come from "love and compassion" per se, and if you're really honest with yourself you'll see that, outside trivial contexts, love and compassion are just words you use to feel good about your intuition. And if you're not honest with yourself, you'll confuse intuition with compassion and motivated-reasoning yourself around in circles.
>>
>>28228111
Make sure you upload ExploitGoyim.exe into the system. Sounds like jewish hell if you have to live forever unable to subvert other cultures.
>>
>>28228039
You know "philosophy" literally means the truth. The reality. The one truth to existence as we know it. You fucking morons know there can only be ONE valid philosophy and its NOT the one that's all about me me me me me feel good my feelings haha that's life :DDD

You fucking morons make me sick. It's like normies of intellectual thought. Except its not.

You realize there are thousands / millions of other species besides fucking humans that matter just as much as your sorry ass, and the goal of philosophy is to find the truth not only in us, but them?

Philosophy is not a means to an end to justify your selfish fucking desires and wants you crude, juvenile selfish CUNTS. You same "love and compassion" bastards are the same people that will impose life onto an unborn human because of your cunt WANTS

Go do the world a favor and go fuck yourself into oblivion.

Tldr: YOU DON'T FUCKING MATTER

Figure out what does.
>>
>>28226621
This is sort of funny since most of the wacky philosophies have been created by cultural Jews who rejected Judaism as children.

Judaism obviously can't be that different from anything else, given that smart people throw it away in vast numbers.
>>
>>28228201
I think you need some more philosophy my friend.
>>
>>28228283
Explain. Seriously. Give me an argument.
>>
>>28228338
True wisdom lies in balance. In your case you care a lot about the world outside yet don't even have knowledge or control of the world inside. A.k.a your own mind. This is evidenced by the uncalled-for hate-spray. Anyone who has true wisdom and can apply it would surely avoid such a pitfall.
>>
File: 1456884387989.png (281 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456884387989.png
281 KB, 500x500
>that feel when you realize you're just an ego
>>
>>28228986
Egos make the world go round
>>
>>28229009
I wish it were more than that. It feels like my consciousness is unraveled. I don't know what it's like to act normal anymore.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.