[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
-are you afraid of dying /r9k/???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1437909890990.jpg (47 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1437909890990.jpg
47 KB, 500x370
-are you afraid of dying /r9k/???
>>
>>28223351
Yes, but I'm looking forward to being dead.
>>
Yes, extremely
Not as much as i'm afraid of living though
>>
>>28223351
Kind of
I kind of dread the thought of it, the universe is too beautiful for me to want to let go
But at the same time I hate living
>>
No, but I am afraid of what it entails. Stopping this life does not terrify me, but the unknown that may or may not come afterward does.

>>28223375
Holy fuck this
Thank you for capturing my sentiments
>>
Yup, because it will most likely be very painful.
>>
why didnt they upload that one to Facebook?

Cant have your cake and eat it too?
>>
I am not afraid of death.
I do not look forward to what immediately precedes my death.
>>
File: 1457218927908.png (636 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457218927908.png
636 KB, 1000x1000
I'm only afraid of a painful death or killing myself.
I don't know why but it seems scary to me that I could just end my life forever by overdosing on my pain meds.
>>
Yes. Because I won't exist anymore.
>>
>>28223351
severely. i just dont want me and everything i have felt or said to vanish. no one is gonna remember me or even think about me
>>
>>28223351
This is probably one of those "EVERY 15 MINUTES" high school drunk driving presentations.
>>
I'm scared of dying without achieving anything.
>>
>>28223351
I find the idea of death to be extremely comforting, Knowing that as bad as things get I'll always have the option to end it
>>
File: dancesu.gif (177 KB, 208x296) Image search: [Google]
dancesu.gif
177 KB, 208x296
no
skdjfk
>>
>>28223351
I'm afraid of the imposing dread that comes moments before you think you might die.

But not death itself.
>>
>>28223351
i was injured once and felt myself drifting off for a while, it wasn't painful or scary. it was kind of lonely and lights felt more captivating.

i'm not afraid because i know with the advancement of science and technology it'll be possible to bring people back to life and even control the universe so it doesn't decay, so even if you do die it won't be permanent.

i'm more afraid of how much suffering will happen before that time, and if any of it will be my fault. too many people convince themselves that dying is a good thing, or they become hateful racists in an attempt to feel better about themselves.
>>
Nah but I don't want to go out like a bitch.
>>
Imagine there really is another realm where souls roam
>>
>>28223351
yea it's the main reason I haven't killed myself
>>
Death has been a tempting seductress as of late, but I would hate to die here and now.

I just hope it's interesting.
>>
File: 1444553560397.jpg (466 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1444553560397.jpg
466 KB, 1280x960
No but I don't want the people I love to suffer, plus I'd very much like to continue helping as much animals as I can.

If it happens it happens though, and it's fine
>>
File: patagonia.jpg (369 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
patagonia.jpg
369 KB, 1200x801
>>28223351
I am more afraid that I will miss out on truly living, so for now I am scared of death. Once I have gotten out, seen the world, and have done all that I have set out to do? I'll welcome death.

Look at this picture anon. I am afraid I will die without experiencing places like this myself. Life has no purpose, mind as well go do and see some neat shit on the globe while we can right?
>>
I promise I'm not being edgy here, hear me out.

I'm actually somewhat excited about the possibility of my death.

The way I see it, we have no proof of anything after your heart stops and you kick the bucket. Sure, we know what happens to your body and whatnot, but that's just what happens from a third-party observer. What do you actually EXPERIENCE when you die? Where do you go? What happens next? Nobody has a damn idea. Everyone's got an opinion, but no way to validate it.

Who hasn't wanted to be an explorer when they were younger? When you die, you get to explore a subject for yourself that humans have been wondering about for thousands of years now. You get to live what millions have studied and devoted their lives to making sense of for years and years before you were even born, and years after you die.

Sure, dying has a chance to suck pretty hard, I know I would really rather off myself then deal with terminal cancer or Alzheimers or something equality deliberating, especially because becoming 'Anon, explorer of the unknown' is a far more appealing option then being alive while withering away to nothing.

Blame my hippy mom for all this I guess, but that's how I see it.
>>
ooh, i remember that video! what's its name?!
i wanna sample it
>>
>>28223351
It sounds sort of asinine but i've had a debilitating fear of death since I was a child.
Just the prospect of immediate nothingness always struck me as horrifying. that you could be here one minute and gone the next.
I used to spend days awake because i was afraid of dying in my sleep. Thats when i got my fear
So of course I'm afraid of death. But I don't want to die unaware of it.
I hope to die a death fully awake, fully aware, a real death, because death needs to be equal to the life that precedes it
>>
>>28223351
Yes but there are plenty of other things that scare me more than dying. An eternity of nothingness is scary, but a lifetime of pain sounds worse to me.
>>
>>28223351
No. I want the pain to end.
>>
File: come-on-die-young.jpg (252 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
come-on-die-young.jpg
252 KB, 1000x1000
>>28223351
Yeah, but every time i get drunk my mind wonders to the thought of dying, and I feel like I want to experience it. It's a very strange feeling, yearning to experience death. I suppose I'm jaded as fuck and the death experience seems like the next level. Actually dying is the only other thing there is from living. Yeah I know this doesn't make any sense but when I'm drunk it does. I'd much rather be in control of my death, too, sigh.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.