[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Wojak and Pepe manage to relevant and still used for so long?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: smugpepewithsmugwojak.png (272 KB, 696x537) Image search: [Google]
smugpepewithsmugwojak.png
272 KB, 696x537
Why did trollface and his cousins die out, while Wojak and Pepe have had a long lifespan as far as memes go?
>>
destiny, perhaps

>praise Kek
>>
>>28222357
Someone has to come out on top
>>
>>28222357
They represent deep and primal feels OP, you must understand, Pepe and Wosjak are us, a mirror into the lonely robotic self
>>
Because they're not part of ragecomics.
>>
>>28222431
rage comics were funny tho
>>
The rage comics were retarded because every child could take it and just copy paste the characters into their comic.

Pepe and wojak dont represent anything specific until some one takes them and photoshop/draws it normalfags dont have the time/creativity to meme on the lvl of r9k meme engineers so normies can only re-post our creations
>>
File: woyang.jpg (4 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
woyang.jpg
4 KB, 125x116
>>28222431
Its weird how ragecomics died out suddenly, was there a reason for that?

>>28222423
Pepe represents aspie/autistic robots, while Wojak represents beta male robots, right?
>>
>>28222505
Pepe = Tyler Durdan
Wok = Edward Norton

Who /pepe/ here?
>>
File: h546445.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
h546445.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
They lasted so long just to troll people who hate frogposters and think the meme should die. It's part of the appeal.
>>
>>28222505
Wojak represents us, and Pepe represents society/life/other people/whatever is causing your problems.
>>
>>28222505
>Its weird how ragecomics died out suddenly, was there a reason for that?

reddit
>>
>>28222505
I always imagined pepe as the advanced robot, the guy who has completely given up on life and is a complete asshole.
Meanwhile wojak is an innocent robot, he knows his life is terrible but he still tries to become a normie, failin miserable every time. He is kind but society rejects him anyway.
Both would make a great sitcom desu.
>>
File: despondentpepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
despondentpepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28222539
I think that just applies to smug pepe. Sad Pepe is a robot too.
>>
My take on it is that when they originated as feels guy and sadfrog away back in yesteryear they were a pretty blank slate, blanket statements if you will.

Troll face was very niche, you trolled someone, it became the face of trolling and went mainstream then died because it got popular as a meme,

rage comics were picked up by the retarded masses and the horse was beaten to death and back, they went from 4 panel fun Shit to 16 panel shifty comics, nobody needed that.

Wojack (feels guy) and pepe (sad frog) evolved constantly getting popular, hitting their peak as a certain thing and evolving into something different entirely,

Sad frog is the best example of this, it went from a generic macro (feels bad man) to some funny shoops of other pop culture Shit. Got quite popular, and moved to being about robot sad stuff >tfw no gf etc.
When Katie Perry posted pepe r9k went full REEEE and made poopoo and peepee pepe and /b/ tagged along for hilarity.
Now pepe has moved passed that phase and returns in a different form as r9k/autist feels in an over the top radicalization of the idea of being a neet and became the current smug pepe which we know and abuse.

Wojack is just feels dude, he never really changed but feels are such a broad thing that a green text with a Wojack can hit home, your dog died, your gf left you, your mummy didn't bring you tendies etc. and because its so broad it can be used in many situations, increasing longevity

I can't believe I wrote a Goddamn mini essay on sad frog and feels dude, somebody get me a phd in MEMES here
>>
File: wojakpepecarfeelz.png (108 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
wojakpepecarfeelz.png
108 KB, 630x686
>>28222620
I see that as well. I also see Pepe as a sort of bipolar, who bounces from embracing his NEET/underemployed failure of a life to gets depressed glimmers of the abyss. Wojak strikes me as a nice guy beta male robot who the whole world shits on and still tries to get his shit together but still fails.
>>
>>28222505
every meme reddit touches dies because they run it into the ground.
>>
File: 1450906066001.png (38 KB, 163x200) Image search: [Google]
1450906066001.png
38 KB, 163x200
>>28222357
Because people are mostly sad on 4chan
>>
reminder that pepe started out as "feels good man"
>>
>>28222699
Here's your (you). Very insightfull
>>
>>28222533
I'm an edward
>>
>>28222699
>Sadfrog

Jesus fucking Christ, Pepe was a fucking character from the comic Boy's Club. God damn newfags.
>>
File: eyeofkek.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
eyeofkek.gif
490 KB, 382x498
All things are possible through KeK
>>
>>28222980
Doesn't mean anyone called him that here up until recently
>>
>>28223044
This is such a reddit reply. Please go back there.
>>
>>28222620
>>28222743
I tend to imagine Wojak as a harmless loser and Pepe as a robot who's taken so much shit from the world he's now an unhinged psychopath with his sanity hanging by a thread.
>>
>>28223060
Oh also, le reddit meme wasn't popular on r9k until very recently either
>>
>>28223096
Because reddit wasn't invaded by faggots like you up until recently.
>>
File: 23452534.png (626 KB, 2340x920) Image search: [Google]
23452534.png
626 KB, 2340x920
When dld everything get so smug?
>>
>>28223115
Oh anony-kun, we both know I've been here longer than you
>>
It did die out, no one likes frog posters. They are the lowest of the low, rejects of the losers. Truly they are the ones who have no self awareness and can't bee themselves
>>
File: pepefrogsupremacist.png (55 KB, 634x389) Image search: [Google]
pepefrogsupremacist.png
55 KB, 634x389
>>28223197
Frog Pride. World Wide. REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28223186
Yeah, because that's something you can claim with no supporting evidence, right? Don't turn this into a dick-measuring contest because you have no better argument. We're not on reddit.
>>
>>28223285
No, you don't have any supporting evidence
I can at least verify the last 2 years that Ive been here
>>
>>28222357
For the reason people like using the term normie. We all want to be edgy teenagers again
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 1115x749) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 1115x749
>>28222488
Nah

>>28222505
They died out because rage comics ended up depicting shitty/boring situations with a predictable meme at the end. It got old fast.

Meanwhile Pepe and Wojak have a whole multiverse of relationships. There is so much to work with.
>>
>>28223338
>No, you don't have any supporting evidence

Where did I say I did or didn't? Where did I say anything that would make you say I needed any kind of supporting evidence? Fucking stupid tripfag.

And I really don't care how long you've been here and for all I know, you could be making it up, which I'm pretty sure you are. I don't need to verify anything as I don't seek validation or acceptance from anyone on the internet like you do.
>>
>>28223509
>for all I know, you could be making it up
Aww, does the newfriend not know about archives :(
>>
I love how almost every r9k thread eventually devolves into an argument.
>>
>>28222357
Because the various rage faces were appropriated by reddit, etc. But since r9k is now mostly reddit, today's why nobody cares.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.