[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90 percent of wealthy/famous/influential people were born
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13
File: 1461949054352.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1461949054352.png
13 KB, 418x359
>90 percent of wealthy/famous/influential people were born into wealth/fame/status

>there's virtually no upward mobility in the in the u.s

>"your just not trying hard enough, anon"

I fucking hate this meme and eevery faggot that speed it. No, non one has become rich by "muh bootstraps" and no one ever became famous by being talented, nearly everyone in Hollywood ID related to an actor/writer/producer.

Also
>b-buh look at this nobody that became famous! See, b-boot straps, talent, HARD WORK ANON!!!!

people win the lottery, doesn't mean you ever will, or the majority of others that try either.

How do we kill this "you can be anything" meme?
>>
>>28218066
*every faggot that spews it*

Sorry I was too triggered to type right.
>>
>>28218066
Becoming rich isn't difficult if you're smart. I agree that it's difficult to become famous, especially if you're ugly
>>
>>28218087
Maybe he's not smart, you should check your privilege.
>>
>>28218087
>Becoming rich isn't difficult if you're smart
lmao yet another meme.

creme de la meme, my friend xDDD
>>
>>28218087
There's no upward mobility in the u.s, Wikipedia that shit. So no, being smart won't make you rich, that's propaganda.
>>
Brad pitt came from dirt poor hicks from missouri
>>
>>28218102
Fuck outta here, tripfag.
>>
>>28218066
>According to Thomas J. Stanley's book, "The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy," only 20% of millionaires inherited their riches. The other 80% are what you'd call nouveau riche: first generation millionaires who earned their cash on their own. Many millionaires simply worked, saved and lived within their means to generate their wealth - think accountants and managers: regular people going to work every day. Most millionaires didn't get their riches overnight when a rich relative died - they worked for the money.

Nice try, poorfag.
>>
>>28218115
It won't make you, but it increases the likelihood at least, no? It's like you said. Everything is a lottery. How smart you are, how rich your family is. If you're born without either you're probably SOL if you want to be truly rich, doesn't mean you can't live comfortably. (Well if you don't mind being a wageslave)
>>
>>28218145
You can't be this fucking retarded, right?
>they saved money from good, high paying jobs they got from their parents.

Kill yourself, shill.
>>
>>28218118
he only made it because he won the genetic lottery, he does the same thing in all his movies like most actors
>>
>>28218201
He's done a lot of movies. Actors don't get paid just to look pretty. They practically live on set most of the time.
>>
>>28218222
>Actors don't get paid just to look pretty.

you are the dumbest nigger on the planet earth
>>
>>28218181
>M-MOMMY, STOP THE BIG BAD MAN, HIS FACTS ARE TRIGGERING ME

Here's some pointers for you, you inbred ignoramus:
1. Save your fucking money, retard, don't spend frivolously. This is where most poor people fuck up because they're retarded.
2. Stick some money in a mutual fund every month, some of those niggas can make 12% on interest annually.
3. Compound. Fucking. Interest.

Congrats, you dumb nig. Read/watch some Dave Ramsay if you want to be further educated.
>>
>>28218154
Again, no it won't even increase anything. No upward mobility=no chance to leave your station in life. poorfags will remain poorfags and the middle class has a chance of falling into lower class or just staying the same. How hard you work is virtually worthless, class hierarchies would fall apart if working hard and being smart meant that the poor could be become rich.
>>
>>28218265
Kek, listen to the fucking profit guru over here. Fuck off you delusional fuck.
>>
>>28218289
>He'd rather be a poor shitstain than actually live a comfortable life

Whatever man, your ignorance doesn't effect me so feel free to do whatever you want to, just don't spread your lies to other people.
>>
>>28218289
Are you really denying the value of compounding interest. Just want to make sure if you're fully retarded so I can start disregarding your opinion from now on.
>>
>>28218265
>Dave Ramsay

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, holyshit anon. I hope this is bait.
>>
>>28218066
How did those origin family members become rich?

They were likely smart, opportunistic and knew how to handle economics into becoming succesful.

Not they're fault you have 0 ambition, talent and skill, faggot

>MUH MUH PRIVILEGE WHY ARE PEOPLE BETTER THAHN ME
>>
>>28218314
>>28218323
>good goys
Get fucked, faggots. Surely you'll become rich capitalists someday with your self help books.
>>
>>28218270
Is this a meme? Or are you dejected with the effort required?
>>
File: 1461928406234.jpg (118 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1461928406234.jpg
118 KB, 406x364
>>28218352
>class doesn't exist
>nepotism doesn't exist
>bootstraps.exe

Not falling for this bait.

Fucking ridiculous, desu.
>>
>>28218364
>your just not putting in the effort!

Nice argument, faggot.
>>
>>28218352
Those original families didn't get rich via "ambition" you fucking fucking.
>>
>>28218364
It's not just effort. Poor people for the most part are ignorant, willfully or otherwise.
>>
If you guys hate capitalism so much, you can all fuck off to north korea.
>>
>>28218407
and thats the reason theyre rich and youre complaining about DA SYSTEM on an anonymous anime board.
>>
>>28218107
That's wrong though. Consider getting a professional degree like a pharmd and tell me you won't make 6 figures annually. Granted you'll have loans to pay back, once you're in the clear, you're making a shit ton of cash
>>
>>28218470
They're rich because their daddies were. Go Jew elsewhere.
>>
>>28218481
Yeah, but how did the daddies get rich?

let me guess, youre a bernie supporter right? if you low energy fags get a hold of lead, the country would collapse. thankfully, it wont happen because people are smarting up to the media shilling anti trump propaganda
>>
>>28218481
Only 20% were born into wealth, bud. The vast majority are just smart people who worked hard.

But soon Bernie will make us all millionaires, right? :^)
>>
>>28218518
>get a hold of lead
Is there a lead bull market or something?
>>
>>28218476
I listened to Shkrelli's finance lectures and he says if you make even 12% return of what you invest, you're doing better than most investors.

So much for that turning $1 into $1m meme, jewboi. Back in the oven with you.
>>
>>28218554
Oh no, a typo, oh well, guess your point is invalid now eh ;) trump supporter BTFO'd again!
>>
>>28218066
>No, non one has become rich by "muh bootstraps"
uhh, by your own admission the patriarchs of the families must have done so. somewhere down the line there was an ancestor who did something to become rich and famous. why not you become that ancestor who passes down wealth amongst your family?

the rothschilds are the richest family in the world and the original patriarch of that family started out in a nondescript impoverished urban slum
>>
>>28218617
I didn't imply you were one, but good job revealing yourself, you fascist fuckface.
>>
>>28218352
-they're- should be -there*-
>>
File: 64785686786.png (542 KB, 423x755) Image search: [Google]
64785686786.png
542 KB, 423x755
>90 percent of wealthy/famous/influential people were born into wealth/fame/status

The only one I can think of who become rather "famous" on his own is pic related.
>>
>>28218646
>trump supporter is fascist

my goodness, this is bait.
>>
File: Lord_Arthur_Wellesley.jpg (82 KB, 243x238) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Arthur_Wellesley.jpg
82 KB, 243x238
>>28218066
there's literally nothing stopping you

t. henry ford
t. George Eastman
t. Wilbur and orville wright
t. Alexander Grahm bell

reminder that pic related was born an Irish peasant and that Bill Gates was born into a family of middle class lawyers
>>
I think it's why university degrees have become worthless. Everyone wants to be a writer, musician, news anchor, anthropologist, game developer, whatever the fuck. So they pursue their dream and most fail because so many other pretentious everyman types had the exact same idea.

So instead of just learning to be happy with a regular job everyone feels like an oppressed special snowflake.
>>
>>28218783
Shh, don't try to force logic into Bernie communists. They are immune to logic through 70s soviet propaganda
>>
>>28218783
There's literally nothing stopping you from winning the lottery

t. Name of some lottery winner
t. Name of some other lottery winner
etc.

And if nothing is stopping you, shouldn't you be rich and famous? Are you? You're here so I doubt it.
>>
Reminder that nobody remembers the names of the failed entrepreneurs and businessmen who gave it their best shot and ended up with nothing
>>
>>28218888
I seriously hope you're 16 and going through your "IM ABOVE DA WORLD FUCK DA CORPORATIONS" phase. what kind of fucking retard compares becoming succesful to winning a lottery. is luck involved? yes but how much you place your success on luck is entirely up to you. fuck off
>>
>>28218888
the lottery is a game of chance and all the people listed became great because they went out and did great things

false comparison. I could be rich but I don't have the strength or willpower to put in the work required, same as you
>>
File: 1407496906764.jpg (101 KB, 894x588) Image search: [Google]
1407496906764.jpg
101 KB, 894x588
>>28218888
quads speak the truth.

sorry to shatter that just world fallacy of yours
>>
>>28218888
>quads
Ethered
>>
80% of the world's richest people made their money in tech. Most tech companies are less than 40 years old.

More millionaires were created through facebook and google than the entire world saw from 1900-1950.
>>
>>28219028 samefagging.

Life is so fucking amazing and you are so fucking well off that it is incomprehensible to you

Also, not money related, but more was published on facebook during the first year it was open to the public than in the entirety of human history.

It takes the average person 13 days to use as much bandwidth as everyone used from all technology before 1987.

A i7 4790 with 16gb ram could operate 91 million simultaneous apollo missions.
>>
>plays shitty video games half the day
>shitposts on 4chan the other half
>hasn't read any books that weren't required high school reading
>not even fiction (from which you can learn a few things too)
>destroyed his brain cells with excessive weed smoking
>at most works some bullshit job to keep up appearances and buy more weed
>"wah wah wah life so unfair! >:( BERNIE 2016 give me free shit and legalize it!"
>>
Living shouldn't be a competition
I'm playing the game and doing well for myself but it doesn't make it any less bullshit
There's a serious problem when you have to look groceries price to not got overboard by accident
>>
>>28219424
>There's a serious problem when you have to look groceries price to not got overboard by accident

What exactly is 'problematic' about goods not being free of cost to you and therefore requiring basic management skills?
>>
>>28218947
I hope you're trolling. What did any of that have to do with corporations? I went through the EXACT phase you're talking about - precisely at 16. That's not me anymore though. I'm apolitical now. None of my posts have anything to do with politics, anywhere on the left-right spectrum. I'm really talking about lifestyle.

>>28218948
There is a probability you will be struck by lightning the next time you leave the house. The only way to be certain is to never leave. There is chance in everywhere. To win the lottery you have to play, to be rich and famous you have to try. Just because you try doesn't mean you'll succeed.

"But the lottery is PURE chance, and working is ENTIRELY in your control"

No it's not. Your mother could get cancer and you have to help pay for her medical bills, so you have no money to invest. Your boss could choose someone else for that promotion.
>>
>>28219470
Most retarded post of the day. Thanks for the laughs friend.

No one ever said that trying to get rich will automatically make you rich. Trying to get rich will exponentially increase your chances of getting rich. You prefer your life of being poor and posting on 4chan everyday and there's nothing wrong with that, but don't complain and get mad because there are people who are simply better than you and me out there getting what they want.
>>
>>28218066
its not even all about that stuff

some people are just determent, confident "hard workers" their brain spoils them with the good chemicals. mine turned on me thus disableing me from even having a chance.
>>
>>28219519
Then we were in agreement from the start and just didn't know it. I am happy being a poor NEET. I think others should consider if a simple lifestyle is best for them as well. I'm glad you found my post funny.
>>
>>28219538
>their brain spoils them with the good chemicals

nu uh the way you feel is a CHOICE
>>
>>28219459
What's your money situation ? Have you ever held a min-wage job and trying to live by yourself ?
Rent + eletricity/gas bills + basic food was 90% of my income.
Some people will never have to make the choice of eating 2 week straight of pasta while others will spend their daddy's money on restaurant/takeout or other overpriced dogshit. Even buying brand ham for 0.50c more instead of the "bestprice" was considered luxury for me.
I feel like you're trying to push the goalpost to something completely different.

There's no "basic management skill" when a 20% increase in salary increases your buying power by 600%
>>
>>28219608
Food is literally free. Water is literally free. You were, I would assume, paying for internet, the newest phone, and cable channels, things that you don't need but you want to live a life of luxury despite being a minimum wagecuck.

Like I said, you don't have any money management skills.
>>
File: 1404914413871.jpg (15 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1404914413871.jpg
15 KB, 228x221
>>28218145

>attempting to use facts to try and convince bleeding heart liberals

Just give up m80

These lefties are so in love with their own failure that even reality can't sway their opinion
>>
File: negro emojis.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
negro emojis.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>28219700
Yeah senpai food is free I'm a billionaire but I only go to the food bank and soup kitchens to save money.

And learn to use the word "literally" correctly. Water is literally free, of course it is, it's redundant to say that because there's no way it would be figuratively free. Dumbass.
>>
>>28219700
I don't know what kind of world you're living in but I want in
You're so disconnected with the real world it's baffling
>>
>>28219869
The government and churches will literally give you food for free. There was no reason for you to spend money on food, therefore you're retarded and deserve to be poor because the only way to get rich is to save money.
>>
>>28219897
I spend maybe $20 a month on food and that's just to go on dates. All the food in my home is bought and paid for by the US government or local ecclesiastical organizations.
>>
>>28219899
I know churches and government literally give away food for free because I am literally a broke welfare recipient who literally eats from those sources on a regular basis.

And trust me you would literally never eat from there if you had the money not to. It's literally just one step up from eating out of a garbage can. You literally cannot choose your diet, so if you want to be healthy you literally can't. The food is all the cheapest stuff grocery stores donated because they couldn't sell it. You get stale bread, a head of lettuce, some mac and cheese, some nasty granola bars, soup broth with freeze dried ingredients.

Every poor person will eat decently when they can. I would rather eat well and save nothing than eat shit and slowly save up a bit.
>>
You can be move upward, but you'll have to live like human trash for many years and sacrifice any amount of comfort or happiness in your life. Meanwhile rich people can make money out of thin air
>It's easy bro
>>
Lots of denial in this thread. Study after study show that upward mobility has stalled in the USA, being better in some European countries.

We are essentially a plutocracy, hard work doesn't make you rich. Connections, cunning, and being a cutthroat helps. Most rich people stepped on others, exploited others, lied, etc. That's how the system works.

Sure you can get rich by doing something ethical like writing a book, but the odds are astronomically small.

My suggestion is not to focus on getting rich or famous. Pursue a career that you actually enjoy, and overtime you're likely to make a decent living. Of course if you stick with crap jobs like retail, then you gotta be a dick to move up. But for example, if you become a teacher, in most public schools after a decade you'll be making decent money.
Most careers take time.

Put more efort into developing your wisdom and knowledge, so that if you have a relationship or a child, you can be a good spouse or parent. People who pursue riches don't develop these things and then end up miserable me anyways because they are shit people.
Studies also show poor people are more generous,and that the richer people are more likely to act like assholes.
>>
>>28220094
>if you don't have the money not to

Stopped reading there. You DON'T have the money not to, so why would you think it's acceptable to live like you do?

fucking coddled babies
>>
File: 985.jpg (54 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
985.jpg
54 KB, 680x583
>>28218066
>there's virtually no upward mobility in the in the u.s

Good one, here's your reply.
>>
>>28220385
Because it's just an unfair religion. Why do you accept it dogmatically.

Banks equal churches
Money equals god
Work equals prayer
Bankers equal priests
Federal Reserve equals Vatican

It's all a social construct, a belief system. The idea of money is to represent valuable labour. The current problem is some people don't do anything really helpful to society and make billions. Like derivatives traders and high yield speculators, and advertisers, and the vitamin industry, and all the Enterprises aimed at unecessary and harmful consumption.

While people who wok really hard like child care workers, immigrant farmers, construction workers, fast food emplyees, etc get shit wages.

Money no longer represents valuable labour, it's not a meritocracy. So when people like you think people are entitled, you're just spouting ideology.
>>
>>28220315

>>28220315

>"Study after study show..."

There are those magic words again.

Your message about pursuing a career that means something is noble enough, but why do you have to pepper your sentiment with this old, tired "all rich people are evil" crap

Have you ever actually been in the business world? Have you ever actually tried to make a serious effort to rise through the ranks in a career path?
Because it sounds like you are either in university or fresh out of university.

All these sentiments like "Rich people are all scumbags", "The 'system' is broken, man", "capitalism is all about stepping on the little guy", "poor people are just more human than rich people"...

All this type of thinking is propaganda spouted by modern academia.
Demonizing successful people and the capitalist system creates a generation of deadbeats.

I suggest you drop this immature thinking if you want to get ahead in life
>>
>>28220601
>Have you ever actually been in the business world?

Like the OP retard, he probably thinks the way to get rich is to become a celebrity like the faggots he watches on daytime tv
>>
>>28218066
There's plenty of upward mobility in the US if you're sociable, extroverted, motivated, and hardworking

the problem is that none of us are any of those things, so for us there isn't any upward mobility
>>
So sto trying t be famous and start trying to be successful.

House, rlectricity, food, water, and emergency savings.

If you can't get a house, get an apartment.
>>
>>28220601
I've worked for lawfirms, for NYC, abroad, etc. Don't project. I know the elite world, went to an elite graduate school, know rich assholes who step on others.

But you don't have to believe me, just read the fucking studies. I have a career, but I'll never be rich and that's ok, pursuing money is a fool's errand. The system doesn't really reward being a good person who works hard, it rewards people with no moral compass.

What do you think Bankers are really contributing? Do you sincerely think they work harder than child care workers? Or that derivatives trading is more important than socializing children? You can't see past your mainstream ideology.

I know a guy making 300,000k a month selling shitty products on amazon. Pays people for reviews, SEO, etc. Greedy asshole he is, fiesnt contribute anything to society except praying on men's insecurities. He sells his own formulation of hairless shampoo. And that's pretty much typical of the noveau rich.

Honest good peoppe making decent money, are usually working in the medical field. Most brilliant artists are struggling, many good and hark working people are poor as hell.

But you don't see that because you don't read, you don't talk to poor people, you don't step outside of your bubble.

>>28220900
Don't talk shit if you don't know anything about me kid.
>>
>Work a minimum-wage job
>Half your day pays for your Apple headphones
>save up for 3 months to pay for one class at community college
>car problems because shit poor person car
>have to fix car
>3 months of savings gone
>we movin' on up to the east side
>>
>>28221070

>You can't see past your mainstream ideology.

Fuck off. If anything, it's the left-wing ideologies that are mainstream.

Your post is just more bashing of the successful.
You keep telling yourself that because you are working class, you are better than rich people morally, and its killed your motivation to be more than you are.
And then you complain that there is no mobility. It's rediculous.

If you are fine with your financial situation, great.

It's when you cunts start saying people should be taxed to hell and back or wealth should be redistribited or other dumb shit that irks me.

You are delusional. Stop trying to ruin the country
>>
There are no poor Americans, only temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
Original
>>
>>28221338
Instead of addressing any of my points, you resort to name calling.

That's how dogma works, when it is questioned and crticized the messenger is attacked. That's how we all know what you are doing is uncritically spouting ideology. And you call me the delusional one, lol, get a grip.
>>
File: jgDqN.gif (491 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
jgDqN.gif
491 KB, 500x333
>>28218066
>>28218181

OK, so.

It's substantially harder for people who are Impoverished In any way to get ahead, because

1. The Impoverished are stupid and will teach their kids what they know. (Not much cuz stupid.)
2. They will also give you the Impression that your life is meant to be that way and make the concept of taking risks and working for it unattractive because it honestly might not work
3. Poor fucks aren't taught proper advancement or social techniques and robots are just polfags who traded the racism in for crippling social disorders

But its not the end of the fucking world. Hit the gym, and you'll be less ugly. Actually go and be a man and fucking work for it and you will feel better.

Same with your job and anything else you want in life sperglord.

If not, check the gif above.
>>
File: pajeetcode.jpg (274 KB, 755x1341) Image search: [Google]
pajeetcode.jpg
274 KB, 755x1341
>>28218066
Capitalism has gone as far as it can go, As automation and Outsourcing put more out of work conditions will only continue to decline.
>>
>>28221423

Are you replying to the right post?

I adressed the fact that you have an irrational distrust of successful people and it causes you to hate the idea of success itself.

It seems to me that there is class mobility, but you don't even want to become rich, so how would you know?

I'm looking at both sides of the argument and it seems like the left is more dogmatic
>>
>>28220385
lrn2 reading comprehension and try that again

>>28220495
this guys isn't who you were replying to
>>
>>28218446
>you fucking fucking
>>
>>28220495
But money does represent valuable labor. When someone pays you to do something they are saying they value your labor at X amount and you are accepting because, presumably, you can't get a better price elsewhere.

If an advertiser or whoever makes millions that means /someone/ valued their labor at that amount. You, as an unrelated third party, shouldn't give a shit.

Basically, your whole post is trying to say that money doesn't represent value because people who do work you don't like are getting paid a lot of money. It doesn't matter what you think though. Your making a pointless value judgment based on your own subjective fee fees and then getting butthurt about it and making ridiculous claims.
>>
>>28222184
We should give a shit because the present system of distribution has created an oligarchy. We literally killed kings and aristocrats because we didn't want to be controlled by a minority, but we've done it again.

Also, given the fact that or economy is dependent on a limited resource, which isndestrting the ecological system on which we all depend, we should all care about our consumer habits. This means caring about the types of industries our society gives rise to. If advertising is a bilion dollar industry that simply perpetuates an unsustainable and harmful system, then any rational person should care.

There is a lot you aren't considering. Capitalist ideology likes to pretend thinks are simple, you work, you get money, and you buy products and everyone benefits. That's a fantasy. Learn more of all the relevant factors and how they impact each other. I'm still piecing it all together, it's a complex system merging culture, economics, politics, psychology. I recommend going to universiry and studying these subjects, then once you leave to keep reading a lot about all test subjects.

You can also listen to scientists and see why they are worrried.

Simple analysis leads you to erroneous conclusions
>>
>>28218087

You know the single biggest indicator for how wealthy you will be in the US? It's how wealthy your parents are/were.

In terms of income, people born in the top 20% will most likely die in the same quintile. People born in the bottom 20% will most likely die in the same quintile. Same for the middle three quintiles.
>>
That's why your wagecuck parents told you to network. If you're buddies with trust-fund Chads they could probably land you a job in their dad's company
>>
>>28218470
typical wagecuck. Thinks he'll become Chad Thunderwallet if he shits on those who are skeptical of the system.
>>
thats why its worth it to play the lottery
>>
File: 1461923438939.png (67 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1461923438939.png
67 KB, 1456x1108
Your american dream will come. Just keep working wagie goyim you'll get that promotion.
>>
File: uXcgiKaq.jpg (32 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
uXcgiKaq.jpg
32 KB, 406x406
Follow Scooby's advice toward being rich.

Being rich is just a matter of being happy and being able to do what you want to do. He doesn't desire many consumer things in life, he's happy just working out.

Dude retired in his 40's. Granted, he worked as an engineer for years and hooked up with a dude and doesn't have children.

It's what I want out of life. I just want to make it so I don't have to be a 9am-to-5pm wageslave. Ideally, I want to get to the point where I can stay afloat with just part-time work.
>>
>>28222390
>has created an oligarchy
In what way?

>given the fact that or economy is dependent on a limited resource
What does this have to do with your original claim that "money no longer represents valuable labour"?

>Learn more... I recommend going to university
Subtle ad hominem, I like it. For your info though, I have a Master's degree so piss off.

>You can also listen to scientists and see why they are worrried.
Please show me the "scientist" that believes "money no longer represents valuable labour."
>>
>>28222390
complex analysis leads you to erroneous conclusions when things are actually simple.

Capitalism *is* a system for allocating scarce resources. Money is the way that scarcity is quantified. People and businesses are incentivized to economize on or substitute for resources that are scarce and favor resources that are abundant. You think the ad industry are worthless unproductive parasites (I'd agree with you on this, actually), but someone who works in marketing probably thinks he's performing a valuable service that people would be worse-off without. Who's right? Doesn't matter, stuff doesn't have intrinsic value. It's just worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So people buy things they value and don't buy things they don't.
>>
>>28222184
those people are stupid for valueing such things. but yeah i get it. systems still shit tho.
>>
>>28222390
You're too opinionated on matters that you know nothing about. Also, not only are you factually wrong, it is awfully apparent that you've no idea what you're talking about. Not only do you fail to present a coherent, substantiated argument against "Capitalism", you resort to straw-mans and myths that have been answered ad-nausea.
>>
>>28218066
>he needs to be wealthy
my dad was literally a criminal thug in soviet russia, my mom was a nobody. they had me and came to america with $1k without any english and we became middle class in like 8 years. they just worked two jobs each and then moved onto teaching english and owning a hair salon.

i pretty much started from scratch after high school too and worked random min wage jobs in a big city while having no clue what i wanted to do at university. started as a lab tech right after graduating and now (25) i'm a scientist making more than enough to support me and my wife and even a kid if i wanted one already.

you are just not trying hard enough, and it doesn't take much to get to be comfortable here at all. and even most poor people are comfortable, i lived around them all my childhood and besides being fucking stupid and having drama around nonsense, they didn't actually have difficult lives. this is america for fucks sake.
>>
meritocracy is a meme
>>
>>28218145
millionaires are not wealthy, 15% of US are milionaires. Tehy do not have enough money to quit their jobs, especially if they havechildren, unless they enjoy a neet like existence.

They are the modern equivalent of the house nigger that supervised the other niggers
>>
>>28222592
In the way that money holds huge sway over our political system. Corporate lobbyists, congressional payoffs, campaining, to the point that the rich effectively decide the laws and issues. Many studies show this objectively.

It has everything to do with it. I'm talking about a particular system of society and anyalsing different pieces. If the money in our system is used to make purchases of goods that come from a system that is unsustainable, it's literal insanity.

No, the scientists think climate change is fucking us all, and the money and our system is driving it. People prefer their religion; money, status, economic growth over the very real ecological system.

>>28222611
And it has led to climate change and global warming, the single largest failure of free market capitalism. A problem the system in its present form is unable to handle.

It's not wonder, it's a totally unplanned system of world economics, and now we see it has massive negative repercussions, but it also has a powerful ideological apparatus that will question anything that attempts to have actual solutions, like plans and serious approaches.

>>28222679
Not an argument kiddo, try again.
>>
>>28218066
Being a millionaire is an outdated measure of wealth. Inflation over the years has made it possible for the highest wageslaves to make it into the millionaire category. Upward mobility is getting worse in the US and it was measured in quintiles so even many in the top quintile are not millionaires.

The best thing the US has done is allow anyone an education so it you have a smart nigger or white trash they can go to school to become a doctor, but they can never (99.999999999999%) become the independently wealthy like the myths fed to us in school.
>>
>>28223417
I mostly agree, except we still don't really ensure eveeyone can get an education. K-12 is largely a wash, especially in poor districts. And college is insanely expensive for millions.

If we made it free like Sanders and Clinton want, then we I would agree.
>>
>>28218066
>this Shit again

I'm going to drop a bombshell on you niggers: middle class is as much a mind set as it is a tax bracket. Individuals who value education, work ethic, and are able to delay gratification always earn more money than those who are lazy impulsive and proud of their ignorance. It's a fact of life.

As far as social mobility goes, it is possible, just not to the degree that people envisio. People think of social mobility as strictly rugs to riches sort of affair. Not only is that rare but it often doesn't last because the person doesn't have the financial education or the impulse control to not make stupid choices.

However going from poverty to middle class or middle class to upper class? Completely possible if you're willing to put in the time and effort into it.
>>
>>28223595
Pure ideology.

Do you capitalistcunts even know what ideology means?
>>
>>28223725
what do you do for a living and how do you spend your free time?
>>
>>28223750
Teacher. Many things. But I already see your attempts 12 steps before you make them.

Inb4 hur due money made this happen, free enteprise. Matey, simple analysis is pure ideology.
>>
>>28218087
We're not all born with a silver spoon in our mouths

-Sent from my Galaxy S6
>>
>>28223331
>capitalism
There is this word again. Stop using this word. It's not meaning what you think it does. The market is independent of capitalism. Capitalism is a rare state.
>>
>>28223725
>presents no solid arguments against my post

Sure m8 you're absolutely right. Education and impulse control have absolutely no bearing on socioeconomic status. Keep telling yourself that the next time you end up splurging on some useless electronic or service that you absolutely have to have.

>b-but I'm not like that!

Ok fine. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But you're still a minority. And if you don't believe me go into any major retailer right now and see how many people are blowing g their tax refunds on televisions and ps4s instead of paying off debts or funneling it into investments.

Or even better, go to your local convenience store and just watch how many people, who are clearly dirt fucking poor, blow 10-20 a day on scratch tickets, cigarettes and redbull.
>>
>>28222806
I'm pretty sure this thread is about being rich and not just "well off".
>>
>born rich
>get to live the lazy piece of shit leech life guilt free
>>
>>28224426
that's why i mocked the hopelessness of not being rich first. it doesn't make any sense to give a shit if you're upper class or not. if you fit into that culture you don't even need to make money, they will hand you a cushy job and pull you into their circles. beyond that, all you need is enough for a house, some travel and retirement. there isn't that much to spend money on that improve your life.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.