[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to live for when you can't have anything you want?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13
File: 1431288663325.jpg (39 KB, 596x454) Image search: [Google]
1431288663325.jpg
39 KB, 596x454
I realize 4chan is certifiably retarded and all your suggestions will be shit, but I have no other real human contact, so I'm looking for suggestions here anyway like an idiot.

My life is shit and I've been around long enough to realize the life I want will never happen for many reasons outside of my control (mostly because people are cancer and ruin everything they touch including MY fucking things). So I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life in near-total isolation. The problem is you are all shit. And all the things that you normalplague enjoy are both boring, vapid shit and pig disgusting like drugs or sexually promiscuous behavior or extremely poor quality video games.

So make some fucking suggestions that aren't do drugs, hire a prostitute or play shit video games or shitty sports (implying any of you have IQs high enough to even conceive of anything else).

I'm 100% confident this thread will be unproductive and full of normiesplaining horseshit about how everyone is omnipotent or how lifting and trying to snort cocaine off a cunt are the highest achievements anyone can aspire to because your brains literally can't operate at any higher level than that trash behavior, like the filthy pigshit plebeian subhuman garbage you are, but I have some time to burn so fuck it.
>>
Do you really expect anyone to help you when you're that much of a pretentious fuck?
>>
Gee, I wonder why you're alone OP.
>>
>>28214780
Not you. This is exactly how I weed out your cancerous kind.

>>28214805
See above.
>>
Have you considered not being a cunt?
>>
File: 92Q62wf.jpg (11 KB, 277x329) Image search: [Google]
92Q62wf.jpg
11 KB, 277x329
Happiness is something I want but can't have. It's such an easy thing, so why can't I get it?
>>
Great post. Very well thought out. Made me kek.

Shame you're a massive faggot.
>>
>>28214838
How about we make a deal. When humanity stops being a giant turd, I'll treat you like you're not a giant turd.
>>
>>28214755
since you clearly don't enjoy anything and just want to make others feel miserable like you, i suggest suicide, seems like the best option for you and everyone else
>>
>>28214880
No one cares. You're the one begging for help.

You won't be missed, because you aren't worth missing.
>>
>>28214931
>Literally can't conceive there could be more to life than drugs, sex and shitty video games
See, this is why you're cancer.

>>28214968
>begging

>r4ddit
>literate

>You won't be missed, because you aren't worth missing.
Right back at you, you ugly fat cunt.
>>
File: 1453832526111.jpg (63 KB, 499x554) Image search: [Google]
1453832526111.jpg
63 KB, 499x554
Sounds like you're content being discontent.

I mean, I wouldn't waste my life actively trying to not enjoy it but whatever works for you I guess.
>>
>>28214981
>no one likes me
>you're all shit

Seriously though, no one cares. Get with it or don't. Either way, it's inconsequential for everyone except you.
>>
>>28214981
imo you are the cancer because you are a pretentious faggot insulting others for what they MIGHT like, you just make assumes like a little stupid crying bitch

no wonder you come here to cry, no one would listen to you IRL, i suggested suicide because i don't want dipshits like you on my board
>>
>>28214755

You sound like Elliot Rodger lol
>>
not many options in life other than hedonism.
try out some other lifestyles like an experiment, but they are mostly just as boring
>>
>>28214755
It's going to be okay.

And if you plan on being alone by yourself while rejecting any form of mainstream entertainment, teach yourself some math, I guess. You'll never finish learning.
>>
>>28215021
>Sounds like you're content being discontent.
Not really content though I'm getting there. I mean I have to reach equilibrium at some point and that place isn't where I wanted to be in life, so I have to pick something totally different that basically excludes other people entirely. Because they're shit. I don't know, I mean SOME women and children are okay, but 100% of men are raging shit.

I basically just need to find something to entertain myself with until I die.

>>28215025
Oh I never said nobody liked me. It's you I don't like. I couldn't give a shit less what subhuman untermenschen think of me.

You're not contributing anything but butthurt to the thread.

>>28215057
And he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He even had decent taste in music. Really too bad he didn't kill a lot more people and survive himself. Definitely a positive trade off.

>>28215059
>not many options in life other than hedonism.
Yeah I know, that's why my life is shit. Anything I do I am forced to do alone because everyone is too far up their own dickhole to participate in anything that isn't self-destruction of some sort.

>>28215084
I hate math, but you are on to something. Lately I've been picking up my studies again and I think I'll be pursuing them with renewed interest. Much of it is best studied in solitude anyway. But I don't just want to read all the time. It gets boring after a while.
>>
File: aws.jpg (765 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aws.jpg
765 KB, 1920x1080
You sound like you've become very abrasive, anon. It is never a good thing when you want to enjoy life. I would consider myself intelligent like you too, although it is a very broad term. Don't forget that intellect is connected to emotions, and emotions to instinct. We as specimen of humanity are social mammals and require interaction with other humans. I know there are a lot of degenerates who consider themselves intelligent, but all feelings are equal. At first you have to get your intellectual, emotional, spiritual and instinctual sides in balance, clear out the platform you want to base your 'happiness' on.
Be more understanding and compassionate, anon.
>>
>>28215132
>I mean SOME women and children are okay, but 100% of men are raging shit.
nigga you mixed that up
>>
>>28215132
>I don't like people
>I don't care what they think
>please help me improve my life

This is gold.
>>
math/programming/hacking, these kind of things.
>>
>>28215139
Your image is exactly why I loathe you monsters. The Irish Elk was exterminated by stupid apes. Along with nearly all the other megafauna on this planet. Along with all the wetlands and oldgrowth forests. I can't even enjoy nature anymore because you subanimal demons have paved over it to build night clubs and Walmarts. Gross.

>Be more understanding and compassionate, anon.
Fuck that. Compassion is shown only to those who deserve it. And no human does. I'm done showing compassion to a species of sociopaths who are literally the enemies of all life. That's some fucking Stockholm syndrome bullshit.

>>28215176
No, I did not. Women are better than you.

>>28215187
I was just looking for suggestions. I already said I expected you dumb niggers to be too stupid to provide them and was basically wasting time. Learn to read, nigger.
>>
>>28215132
Well you reject entertainment for some reason, so there's not much else.

If it's truly boredom you experience and not mental exhaustion, then you have the attention span of a God, you can probably just teach yourself other stuff between math. My guess is that you just can't do Math for extended periods of time though, most of us can't. You need breaks.
>>
>>28215207
Sounds like you had too much empathy for your own good in life.
>>
>>28215207
>I just want you shitty subhumans to tell me how to fix my life so I can tell you how wrong you are

Yeah, keep going, this is great shit.
>>
You should do MDMA. You get to escape your wasteland and live on a tropical island for 2 hours. It's the first step into a new life, realizing that there is actually something other than crippling depression out there. Once you have felt that, you know what to fight for in life.
If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, you are the perfect candidate for MDMA.

It's only illegal because goverments love suffering and hate humans.
>>
File: Untitled43.png (12 KB, 878x775) Image search: [Google]
Untitled43.png
12 KB, 878x775
>>28214755
no pearIs before swine anon
>>
>>28215207
You are angry, I know that, anon. Do not blame it on people, for no person turns against mother nature or their instincts by themselves. Try educating yourself on some new theories such as reincarnation and spirituality, it will help you soothe your rage and wrath towards other individuals. Listen to Varg Vikernes, read Vladimir Megre: Anastasia
Don't be angry, anon. I can understand your point of view and I agree with it. I completely understand why you are angry and you are doing the right thing by isolating yourself from this so called society. Just don't give in to the negative emotions, never hold a grudge against these people, for they are not being rational, rather forced to act as puppets.
>>
>there are people still entertaining this faggot
Why? Just sage him and move on.
>>
>>28215207
>I can't even enjoy nature anymore because you subanimal demons have paved over it to build night clubs

Only applies to cities.

You might be more happy with moving into the woods or a really small town, away from large congested crowds and the social problems that come from that.

If I had enough money to drop my job and live off savings in the middle of nowhere, I'd consider doing that too.
>>
>>28215279
Because he's entertaining us.

Seriously, it's wonderful. This is weapons-grade autism.
>>
Even the smartest people in the world are working for the simple pleasures in the end.

I think you are confused. Do you think when you jack your little weiner to some pretentious shit you are somehow better than others?
>>
>>28215219
>Well you reject entertainment
I don't reject entertainment. I reject shit-tier entertainment. I realize most men are too fucking retarded to comprehend this. Most media is grindhouse trash at this point. And damn near all video games are. I mean I can still find a few here and there, but there are nowhere near enough to keep me occupied. Same with movies and tv shoes. 99.999% of everything is complete garbage. And if you're calling whoring around or drugs or fucking spectator sports entertainment, you're part of the problem.

Also, why are you so autistically focused on math? It's a sterile pursuit that just isn't interesting to me.

>>28215231
I did. And humans didn't deserve any of it.

>>28215256
Damn right.

>>28215291
>Only applies to cities.
No, it doesn't. There is very little of the terrestrial surface of this planet that hasn't been swallowed by sprawl and most of that is in the Amazon or near the poles or in the larger deserts, but even those are vanishing by the day as even Antarctica becomes more filled with people all the time, and even the Amazon is losing all its lonely places to be filled with corporate cunts tearing it up.
>>
>>28215336
*tv shows
>>
>>28214755

Go full Rampage (a 2009 film by Uwe Boll)
>>
File: genius.jpg (23 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
23 KB, 450x350
>>28214755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk

welcome to hypocrisy
>>
This thread is autistic

sage this faggot OP

fucking nigger
>>
>>28215336
Life isn't about deserving or not, it just is. You happened to have been born broken. At least you're trying to make something out of it.

Anyway, watch foreign TV or something, you'll probably feel more sophisticated if it's foreign mainstream media.
>>
>>28215366
I already played Rampage to death. Was a fun game while it lasted.

Uwe Boll a retarded faggot

>>28215401
Hello.
>>
Such a shame really, you asked a well thought question and we could have had a nice thread.
But you had to turn it into your personnal blog you truly are a faggot, OP
>>
File: popdensity2011.jpg (70 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
popdensity2011.jpg
70 KB, 600x448
>>28215336
>very little of the terrestrial surface of this planet

That's not right, though.

See pic related. The VAST majority of the US (and many other countries as well) is very sparsely inhabited. 10 people per square mile is nothing at all.

There is lots and lots and lots of clean land out there, but with fewer modern conveniences than you probably have right now.

Anyone remember that /diy/ guy from a few years back who literally lived in a hole in the ground, somewhere in Yellowstone?
>>
>>28215415
>Life isn't about deserving or not, it just is
No, but personal philosophy is. Get bent.

>You happened to have been born broken
You have that completely backwards. The world I was born into was broken 11,000 years before I entered it and dumb shits like you keep insisting anyone who notices is the problem. When your species is eliminating all life it encounters and destroying itself in the process YOU are the problem, fag.

>>28215421
That's nice, dear.

>>28215442
>Being this stupid
And the rest is mostly covered in agricultural land or recently recovering wild places with drastically damaged biodiversity.
>>
I have a feeling Op is female ("hurr all men are retarded") let the posts flow now.
>>
>>28214755
Learn how to code, faggot. You can either decide to make something great for humanity and contribute to open source project or go full asshole and profit from exploiting shitty software. Or you can just decide to do something just for the sake of doing it.
>>
Read the Bible.

Join a monastery or a farming community.

if you then say "religion is for retarded normies" you couldn't ever be more wrong and you're rejecting the answer you seek
>>
>>28215470
>agricultural land
Less than 3% of US soil is farmland.

>recovering wild places with drastically damaged biodiversity
This is way overblown by mainstream media than actuality. Most of all land is perfectly fine, unlike what we're led to believe.

If you can afford it, take some time off work and go hiking sometime, it will change your perspective. Even if you don't like the experience, you will gain lower body strength at the very least.
>>
>>28214755
Have you tried masturbation?
>>
>>28215575
Sorry, fag. I'm a biologists and you're wrong. If anything Americans significantly downplay how much damage has been done.

>If you can afford it, take some time off work and go hiking sometime, it will change your perspective.
See here's your problem. You're both young and retarded and assume everyone else is also. I can tell the difference between a 6th rate second growth forest that was a corn field 20 years ago and an actual old growth forest with more intact floral communities. You can't because you're an idiot. That's also not even mentioning the catastrophic loss of most megafauna on this continent which has entirely changed the face of nature here.
>>
OP is a fat man-hating tumblrina, nothing to see here guys.
>>
>>28215632
If you're ancestors hadn't killed those animals you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>28215635
I'm a guy, I don't use tumblr and I'm not fat (by American standards I'm anorexic).

>>28215683
Thank fuck. Add it to the list of things I have to blame you worthless savages for.
>>
Raise a colony of bees, they're dying at an alarming rate
>>
>>28215746
Try being homeless for awhile. Ditch everything, wander around.
>>
>>28215769
I've considered it. But I'm not rich enough to own land with an actual house to live in so not likely to happen. If I had fucktons of money, I'd be a bit more entertained, and probably hunt men for sport.

>>28215771
Done. Nothing good about it.
>>
>>28215746
Why not just kill yourself?
I mean that neutrally.

Or just become a serial killer or mass murderer.
>>
op how old are you, you sound young
>>
>>28215800
Steal money!
>>
If you're this unhappy with life you're going to need to change your lifestyle up, it's the best I've got. Most would recommend therapy. I can't offer any advice without spewing platitudes but something has to give or your emotional health is going to suffer. Sorry OP, wish I had the magic words for you.
>>
>>28214755
Have you considered that the problem is you? Your life is shit because you are?
>>
>>28215746

>>28215746

I highly doubt that you're a man. You sound feminine as fuck and you have a special snowflake complex, just like a woman.
>>
>>28214755
Learn a skill other than being a faggot
>>
>>28214755
a very nice written bait thread, how splendid
>>
>>28214755
Maybe you can live so that you know what it feels like to not have what you want

Seems pretty dumb tho
>>
>>28214755
Unless you have a shitload of money (in which case you'd be doing what you wanted already), there is no escape. Sorry dude.
>>
Everyone wants things, it's just in degrees.

Maybe love and affection is number one while shitty animes is rung seventy eight. If the seventy seven ones you'd prefer aren't possible, you go to seventy eight.
>>
>>28214755

you need some motivation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-pC3AjI9DI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1m9mRbESQ

most of the things they say in the videos is true if you think about it.
>>
>>28214755
Help other people.

Not sure if it's you, but one of the posts said you refuse compassion because others are sociopaths. But that just makes you one of the baddies, you're just like the shitty sociopaths that refuses to be compassionate, or just plain can't.

Volunteer, teach, donate to the poor. Develop yourself and pursue knowledge. Be critical of the self and admit when you are wrong, engage the world openly. Develop courage and stand up to evil from others, as well as your own.

Don't be a coward, and when you're a coward forgive yourself and do better next time.
>>
>>28217971
>volunteer, teach, donate to the poor. be critical of the self and admit when you are wrong, engage the world openly.
sounds beta af desu
>>
>>28217971
>>Volunteer, teach, donate to the poor.
Sounds great, I'm poor, how much money do you have?
>>
>>28217997
Only because you are in the darkness. It's pure ideology what you say, to think that helping others is "beta". What nonsense you speak from the caves of ignorance.

Meaning is created from our social relations, particulalry when you remove suffering from others.

>>28218042
Not a lot. When I had extra I would donate to GiveDirectly or to homeless people. If you don't have a lot of money but time, go and volunteer. It could be as simple as helping old people run a virus scan, or a soup kitchen, or anything. Treat your family and friends well, be generous and kind to them, listen.

Seek out a job that is truly useful. Teaching, medicine, construction, farming, art, etc that enriches others and helps.

Get creative.
>>
>>28218379
>Not a lot.
It's ok, I'll take your stuff then, just give me whatever you have.
>>
>>28214755
This is my predicament but because of different reasons. I don't think there's any point to life if you can't enjoy it. If you have permanent anhedonia for example, then you're better off dead
>>
File: 1461816937841.jpg (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1461816937841.jpg
1 MB, 1024x768
>>28214755
I resonate with what you're saying although I don't take it seriously at the end of the day when I'm off work and on the internet, but maybe you should travel. Go to a place you consider the pinnacle of what civilization should strive to be and spend some time there. If you don't know where that is, then find out what you care about, and figure out where that place is. Maybe it'll take time but my goal in life is to make money and find the place I want to be. You'll die anyway so might as well at least be comfy if you can't figure other shit out. Maybe put the anger to hate to a great work of some kind. Who knows
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (40 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
40 KB, 500x411
I carve wood figurines in the forest. I enjoy it.
>>
>>28214755
We're in the worst position because nobody really understands us, not even the people who like the idea of anonymity and who we'd like to think understand us better than anyone else. Make your world a fantasy or start taking Khan Academy (and levels beyond it) seriously. It's the only route. Sometimes, a pew puffs of weed might make your life a little more interesting, but I know you don't want to take drugs so those are really your only options left. We will not associate with anyone in this lifetime so stop trying and watch from the sidelines everything that happens.
>>
>>28218459
How is that productive? You think there aren't people in desperate need? Are you in desperate need of the basic necessities like food and shelter?

Or do you think we should just never help others?
>>
>>28219529
hell yeah

original comment
>>
Love. Love all.
>>
>>28214755
Above average IQ legit autist here OP. Just wanted to let you know that there is no purpose in life, except for any purpose your weak mind will try to give to it. Let it. Let yourself be fooled into thinking there's a purpose in this life. It will ease the pain of knowing that one day everything you have built up and any trace of you ever existing will be gone, and that you will no longer exist. Not darkness. Not silence. Not heaven. Not hell. Not purgatory. Nothing. You will simply cease to exist. Whatever you choose to do in life, it's gonna be pointless. If that hurts you, become religious.

Where the fuck am I even going with this? Guess my PDD-NOS just wanted to vent.
>>
>>28219708
>Are you in desperate need of the basic necessities like food and shelter?
Definitely more than you, yes. So will I get the stuff or what?
>>
>>28219734
lol sounds like 15 year old me, atheist + nihilistic sense of humor.

Autists simply dont understand life, so I dont expect you to know.
>>
>>28219772
I do what I can. I give to people who are homeless or starving. I also teach, but don't make a lot. Have tons of debt.

The point is to do what you can.

What's your issue?
>>
>>28219835
You're 3 years off. I turned 18 last month. You're wrong. Autists are more likely to understand life than most people. I'm not an atheist. I fooled myself into being religious because I felt like shit all the time.
>>
>>28219872
My issue is that you're not giving me your money and stuff, why are you trying to evade your self-imposed duty to help the poor?
>>
>>28214755
Top fuckin cringe
Kill yourself you stupid faggot
>>
File: 1459111749955.jpg (13 KB, 306x410) Image search: [Google]
1459111749955.jpg
13 KB, 306x410
People with your level of narcissism should be culled, not helped.
>>
>>28220145
I don't evade it, I do it. Why aren't you?

>Duty to help poor
>duty to help every single poor person
>bad at logic
>>
Do coke while you hire a prostitute and play gta with her after you plow her brah
>>
>Be OP
>Have massive Superiority complex
>such a piece of shit that his only human contact is r9k
>Blames this and all his other problems on OTHER people fucking his shit up
>Operates on a different plane of existence then us plebs
>Comes to r9k the home of failures and asks what he should do with his life

>the life I want will never happen for many reasons outside of my control (mostly because people are cancer and ruin everything they touch including MY fucking things). So I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life in near-total isolation

how the fuck would we know what you like to do, if you were smart you'd figure it out yourself, I mean the internet is right here just open up a new window

Youre a real character op, I like the fiesty ones, theres positions open in my sex dungeon if youre interested
>>
File: 1439726874087.gif (185 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1439726874087.gif
185 KB, 320x240
You have to find a purpose in Life,one will not be issued to you. This sounds like the plot of The Zero Theorem (a Terry Gilliam film) where the main character is an Uber Autist who hates leaving home because he convinced himself he will get a phonecall that will give him the Meaning of Life. It don't work that way. Since I have limited time to write,try volunteering at a no kill animal shelter. A friend used to exercise dogs,and he found it rewarding and fulfilling, and both the dogs and workers appreciated it.
>>
File: cobsinkorea.png (62 KB, 1299x601) Image search: [Google]
cobsinkorea.png
62 KB, 1299x601
>>28214755
If you're still around we could be friends and do creative stuff together. I've always wanted to get into writing poetry or drawing or talking about philosophy and such but I've never met anyone who is also interested and I lose motivation fast. I also work a lot and lack time.
Anyway, let me know if you're interested.
>>
>>28219734
>PDD-NOS
Understanding that life is meaningless isn't autistic, anon. I'm a pretty happy and functional guy (inb4 reeeee), and I'm aware that there's nothing after death and no objective meaning to existence...
>>
File: autistic.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
autistic.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
Sounds like your typical faggot INTJ tbqh.
>>
>>28214755
pirate music software and make your own, download unreal 4 and make your own games, etc.

learn how to do bodyweight exercises

study history/religion/culture/food/music

if your walls are bare, put up drawn images like you're making cave paintings
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.