[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello there, robots. I started taking one of the infamous MAOIs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: MAOI.png (6 KB, 431x250) Image search: [Google]
MAOI.png
6 KB, 431x250
Hello there, robots.

I started taking one of the infamous MAOIs yesterday. I am too scared to eat anything, indeed I have eaten nothing since starting them. I have a feeling that I am going to lose a lot of weight.

Has anyone hear had any experience with the MAOI diet?
>>
File: cock.jpg (126 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
126 KB, 482x750
Oh well, all alone.
>>
have you tried comboing with DMT yet?
>>
>>28215063
I am taking this on prescription as an antidepressant, I do not take illegal drugs.
>>
How many other things did you try before going the MAOI route?

I have a pretty basic understanding about what makes them different. Care to elaborate on what you have been feeling so far?

I take 20mg Celexa per day.. pretty mild from what Ive read
>>
Is it Nardil?
Are you David Foster Wallace?
Stay away from the patio rafters, bro.
>>
File: descartes.jpg (53 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
descartes.jpg
53 KB, 500x461
>>28215140

> How many other things did you try before going the MAOI route?

I tried three different SSRIs, an SNRI, a drug I cannot recall the name of, and an antipsychotic. I still had to bed my psychiatrist's arm to prescribe some, it's quite rare these days.

> what makes them different

They have a very different biochemical effect, but how they improve depression is not well understood. They are generally, at least anecdotally, considered to be much more effective than the usual SSRI kind of drugs.

> Care to elaborate on what you have been feeling so far?

Well, as I said above, I only started yesterday, so no positive effects yet, they usually take a few weeks to start working. So far no side-effects, but I was very anxious before starting them, and due to the (largely exaggerated, but I am paranoid) dietary interaction, I'm feeling scared about eating.
>>
>>28215201
It is.

I heard that DFW hanged himself after withdrawing from the drug?

As for myself, I will try my best.
>>
>>28215140
Has the Celexa helped?
>>
>>28213979
I am too scared to eat anything, indeed I have eaten nothing since starting them. I have a feeling that I am going to lose a lot of weight.

Pharmacist here. Just stay away from aged cheese, large amounts of booze and grapefruit juice and you will be allright. Go grab a box of tendies and some fries. Having a low blood sugar is not going to help with your depression.
>>
>>28213979
Why are you afraid to eat food OP? I think the only things you have to worry about eating while on MAOIs are things like wine and cheese.
>>
>>28216761
It's not rational, I know, I am just a pretty anxious person.

I am sure that I will eventually get over it.
>>
>>28216717
It's too late to start eating where I am, but I will try tomorrow.
>>
>>28216717
What's such a distinguished individual doing on /r9k/, out of curiosity?
>>
>>28213979
>MAOI
Its a good thing you haven't eaten anything, consuming anything when on those is pretty much a guaranteed overdose
>>
>>28216978
That's not true, they would not be prescribed if that were the case.
>>
>>28217001
Then eat
And also stop typing like you have autism
>>
>>28217030
> Then eat

I will try my best to do so tomorrow.

> And also stop typing like you have autism

Well for one thing, I do have autism, and secondly, what's wrong with my typing?
>>
>>28217120
Whats wrong with it is that I was able to tell you had autism just by your typing
idk how to explain it, try comparing how you type to other people
>>
>>28215090
You should if you had some DMT you would be a lot more happier even if your depression was caused by ur brain chemistry
>>
Yes I have lots of experience. The tyramine containing foods thing is actually overhyped.

You can eat cheese and meat just fine. If you were to eat an entire block of hard cheese like aged parmesean you might have a problem.

But in any normal amounts, you'll be just fine, its no problem b
>>
File: blue headed pionus3.jpg (111 KB, 411x541) Image search: [Google]
blue headed pionus3.jpg
111 KB, 411x541
>>28217274
Thanks, it's reassuring to hear things like this.
>>
>>28217213

Also, yes, all MAOi and no DMT makes anon a dull boy. Pharmahuaca is good and good for you. Supplement those MAOIs with some 4-ho-met. You'll be greeted with a plethora of interactive rainbow holographic kitty kats, stroboscopic periphery, you'll love iy
>>
>>28217213
I have thought about trying hallucinogens before, because people say they can help depression, but I'm scared of they driving me insane, or precipitating schizophrenia, or something like that.
>>
>>28217356
I took LSD to try to help with my addictive tendencies and mental illness, and all I got was 12 hours of feeling shitty. If you don't want to take psychedelics, you shouldn't take psychedelics, and if you'll do, you'll regret it. Don't like the normalfucks tell you otherwise.
>>
>>28217191
Now you are just picking on the autist. Really metric? That's just mean
>>
>>28217356
I've read some things that ketamine can make your depression go away very, very quickly (supposedly it can do in hours what SSRIs take months to do), but take it at your own risk.
>>
>>28217975
I have heard that too, it's been confirmed in clinical trials.

Too nervous to try illicit ketamine, though.
>>
>>28213979
My uncle died from a brain aneurysm because of MAOIs. He drank some wine and ate some stilton cheese thinking it wouldnt be a big deal. Nope. He began having a massive headache and called an ambulence, and died on the way to the hospital.
>>
>>28218674
Indeed, they specifically tell you to avoid aged cheese and red wine.
>>
>>28218739
On (possible) pain of death.
>>
>>28218739
It's still pretty terrifying though. Just a bit of wine and cheese for new years dinner and you're completely 100% fucked.
>>
>>28218848
There is variation among people, many people can eat contraindicated items with no issue (though I'm not sure why they take the risk?) others are more sensitive, but aged cheeses, like Stilton, are pretty much the worst things you can eat, most deaths on MAOIs have occurred as a result of eating aged cheeses.
>>
>>28217671
Kinda late but
I'm not even being mean, consciously comparing yourself to other people is a fairly effective way for autists to improve their social skills
Also having someone help tell you what you're doing wrong is useful too
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.