[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /r9k/ currently feel about Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: nintendo-red.png (52 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-red.png
52 KB, 2000x493
How does /r9k/ currently feel about Nintendo?
>>
File: 1455828649766.png (76 KB, 317x436) Image search: [Google]
1455828649766.png
76 KB, 317x436
they are okay, they can be better.
>>
>>28213082
Thinking about picking up a New 3DS to sink further into escapism and shut-indom.

Worried I'm too old for Nintendo games and there might not be anything that appeals to me on the system anyway.
>>
File: 135703103419l.jpg (56 KB, 482x404) Image search: [Google]
135703103419l.jpg
56 KB, 482x404
>>28213082
My Zapper doesn't work on flatscreen TVs, haven't tried the superscope, but I suspect not.

>>28213106

Based Clarion.
>>
Wii U doesn't have nearly enough IP games and they're already releasing a new console next year? No Zelda, no Metroid, no Animal Crossing, games that would make them millions. There's also literally no info on the new console either just that it's "bringing a new concept". This thing had better be the greatest thing to happen to gaming or else Nintendo is going to have a rough couple of years.
>>
>>28213082
Losing hope with them, if the NX is supposed to be a third pillar it might not even be a great console. If they fuck up with a Wii 2.0 they're done.
>>
>>28213082
Kiddie derivative dogshit.

It used to be good kiddie derivative dogshit that was fun to play. At least before the Pii Pu

Sony always wins baby
>>
>>28213174
It won't
Light guns don't work on LCDs because of the slower response times
>>
>>28213209
It's going to be another shitty gimmick console.
>>
>>28213082
I have owned the last 4 consoles, but I don't think it's worth it anymore. I'll get Zelda on the wiiu, because they'll probably pull a twilight princes and release it on both. But after that I probably won't buy any more. Just not worth the money for a couple of games that aren't even that great. If I had more friends I might consider it for smash and Mario kart, but I don't.
>>
>>28213082
they peaked at super nintendo
>>
>>28213082
Nintendo aren't even on my radar nowadays.

Most big mainstream productions and console exclusives aren't mutable, re-playable or creative enough to justify spending forty smackers on one title when I get hundreds of hours more out of smaller titles which are often massively discounted or free.
>>
>>28213301
SNES was great, but I'd say they peaked with 64.
>>
File: 1458683527262.jpg (73 KB, 316x455) Image search: [Google]
1458683527262.jpg
73 KB, 316x455
>>28213249
>mfw the original wii shared games with the gamecube
>just a stupid gimmick with the same old graphics
>won in sales because it was cheap as shit and advertised to casuals and parents
>>
>>28213318
>PCuck and his shit taste in steam shovelware

What a surprise
>>
>>28213333
No, snes has more good games and a better controller. Graphics held up to time better as well.
>>
>>28213342
Wii was the worst thing to happen to Nintendo. All they've been trying to do since then is make another system that all the soccer moms and casuals will buy. NX will be their latest attempt and will once again fall flat on its face.
>>
>>28213345
>PC
>cuck

one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>28213209
>no Metroid

Give up hope of ever having another good Metroid game. Other M was bad and they "listened" to the critics and gave us Federation Force. Metroid is dead.
>>
>>28213357
Disagree about the controller but the N64 was a mixed bag at best.

The first- and second-party titles were excellent but nearly everything else was clunky and forgettable.

I agree Nintendo has never really recaptured the glory days of the NES and SNES.
>>
>>28213106
/thread

Not good, but not bad either.
>>
>>28213388
The snes controller was perfect. That's why sony is still using it to this day.
>>
>>28213426
>That's why sony is still using it
Are you kidding? The N64 controller has more in common with the SNES' than the PlayStation's does. Just no games really used it in that configuration.
>>
>>28213082
I havent bought a single Nintendo console or game since Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.

What a piece of shit the Gamecube was. I cant believe I waited years and years for that crap game to come out. The fact that they used it as a launch for the Wii made it an especially big fuck you.
>>
>>28213357
I'll give you graphics, but other than that N64 felt like a true successor to the Super Nintendo, literally a 3D SNES. The only major problem with the controller's design IMO was the joystick. Even then, it was only a problem with certain games.
The 64 still had decent third party support and received some of the best games of all time. Nintendo didn't start to slip until Gamecube, but even that era was great compared to the state they're in now.
>>
>>28213450
You missed out on a lot of pretty good games, though that era was filled with plenty of great games on all the consoles.
>>
File: 20160429_114847.jpg (589 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
20160429_114847.jpg
589 KB, 1500x1500
>>28213449
Are you kiding me?

Do you not remember the ps1 controller?
>>
>>28213507
...alright you have a point. Nice diagram too btw.
>>
>>28213082
Went from being my favorite company to my most hated company and /v/ isn't helping

I'm just so mad at them for the Wii U and all the horrible games they shat out for it
Sm4sh is literally Brawl without tripping
No proper 3D Mario
Only good and original game is Splatoon which is getting way more attention than it deserves, but NintendoGAF is thirsty for games
The best games for it AREN'T EVEN MADE BY NINTENDO

I don't know how they fucked up so bad with it while making a huge success with the 3DS, which is also a supercharged PSP just like the Wii U is an underclocked Xbox 360
>>
>>28213459
Not to be a turn based fag, but muh turn based weeaboo rpgs, n64 didn't have shit. It had two zeldas, a now unplayable shooter, mariokart, mario, conkers, banjo, and smash.

Snes had two final Fantasys, zelda, mario, chronotrigger, contra, castlevania, mariokart, fzero, megaman, donkey kong country(multiple), yoshi, mortal kombat, street fighter 2, and almost every 3rd party and movie game was actually playable. plus the small time classics like pilot wings, zombies ate my neighbors, act raiser, brain lord, earthbound
>>
>>28213626
>a huge success with the 3DS

What are your favourite games for the 3DS, Anon?
>>
>>28213741
Rehash 64 3D(tm)
>>
>>28213764
Joke's on you, I grew up in that era so N64 ports are a bit attraction for me.

What else, guys.
>>
>>28213806
Jokes on you, I just kept my n64 all these years.
>>
>>28213741
I liked VLR, but that's a VN
got into monster hunter thanks to it, Monster Hunter 3 in particular, don't really like 4
Fire Emblem Awakening was kind of mediocre, but Fates is really good and the face rubbing was fun, if not for a bit
Mario 3D Land was fun for some reason
even though I played a dozen or so games, some I just can't remember and they're not on my 3DS anymore
what else I'd recommend is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and HIGHLY recommend Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, GREAT game
>>
kinda want to buy a 3ds to nostalgia out on mario, pokemon, dragon quest, etc but i'm worried that i'm too old now and i'll be bored/feel like i'm wasting my time like when i download old pc games.
>>
>>28213884
>i'm worried that i'm too old now and i'll be bored/feel like i'm wasting my time

Same. Still, if I'm determined to rot away in bed it'd beat staring reality in the face all day along.

Plus what's going to be more interesting between now and VR becoming affordable.
>>
>>28213366
>THIS
>>28213301
>>28213333
They peaked at gamecube, as all consoles did around that time. Dreamcast was made right before it for instance. The Xbox came out right around then too. Ps2 could play all of the ps1 games. Of course that was the best time; 99-01
>>
>>28213638
This, the N64 suffered severely from its limited third party development. While the N64's first party games games are easily some of the greatest of all time (Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask), the SNES has first party games that are arguably just as great (Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, EarthBound). When it comes to second and third party devs however, the SNES blows the N64 out of the water. The N64 really only had Rare and Treasure on their side, while the SNES was still the go-to console for Square, Enix, Konami, and Capcom in the early 90's. The N64's biggest selling point was its multiplayer, which is still great to this day (I'd argue the Gamecube does it better though).

I'm a huge N64 fan; in fact, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are my top two favorite games ever. I can't deny that the SNES had the superior library though.
>>
>>28213845
Nice, thanks for the 3DS recos, Anon.
>>
>>28213345
You're going to have to be a little clearer, I'm not quite sure what you're accusing me of.

It sounds like you're angry about Team Fortress hats or something.
>>
>>28214023
>They peaked at the Gamecube

I'll have to disagree with you there. While the Gamecube was solid, the SNES library was way too stacked for the Cube to come close to. The SNES had Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and EarthBound; all games that are considered to be 10/10 masterpieces. The only similar games I can think of for Gamecube are Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, SSBM, and maybe Double Dash. The Gamecube has amazing local multiplayer, but that alone can't compare to how great the SNES was.
>>
>>28214247
Meh. Those are classics not masterpieces. Or maybe I'm just nastalgic about all of the cool shit coming out in the early 2000s. Like the N-Gage Nokia console.
>tfw never even owned one
>>
I FREAKIN LOVE NINTENDO
>>
>>28214362
>Like the N-Gage Nokia console
You had me up to there.
>>
>>28214362
>N-Gage
>cool shit

Yep, it's probably the nostalgia.

Don't feel bad anon I thought it was cool back then too
>>
>>28214247
Dont forget Wind Waker, FZero GX and Metroid Prime
>>
>>28213082
The Wii was very bad. I liked the GameCube and N64 a lot.
>>
>>28213239
basically kiddie = have a modicum of taste
>>
>>28214963
Yes, and they remade like all of the resident evil games for it. And twilight princess was made for it as well as the Wii. And melee was the best of the super smashes. And other things.
>>
>>28214963
I already listed Metroid Prime though. I've never played F Zero GX myself, but I have heard it's the best in the series, so I'll give it a pass. Wind Waker isn't quite at that level though in my opinion. It's too easy and is extremely padded out by the triforce piece quest, which is incredibly tedious. Not to say that I didn't enjoy it, but it's not quite as good as the other games I listed.

>>28215781
Twilight Princess again is way too easy, and not nearly as compelling as the N64 Zelda games. They went a little too overboard with making the game seem dark; it just ended up feeling emo in the end. Also, the wolf transformation sucked. I'd put it on the same level as Wind Waker, maybe a step down.

I'll agree that Melee is the best Smash though, just like Double Dash is the best Kart.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.