[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a wise 25-year-old anything. Literally any non-trivial matter,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14
File: 1422094247487.jpg (80 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1422094247487.jpg
80 KB, 720x479
Ask a wise 25-year-old anything.

Literally any non-trivial matter, and I will guide you to the right path.

Unfortunately, giving you the answers to your problems won't solve them due to outright wrong societal beliefs instilled in us. To get out of the maze, so-to-speak, takes the courage to board a lone journey into the unknown.

One can't force a horse to drink water, however, so whether you accept or reject my guidance will be right for you at this time in your life. All I ask for ITT is as open a mind as possible for you right now.
>>
Suit yourselves
>>
>>28211847
Ok. I know a homosexual who is in desperate need of conversion. His name is OP. What can I do to solve this matter and put him on the right path.
>>
"It is wiser to take advice rather than to give it"
- my fortune cookie from yesterday
>>
>>28211847
How do I start being gay?
>>
>wise mature
>posts thundercat pics (or whatever the fuck that is)

im 36. you're out of you're depth op
>>
Still waiting for serious questions.

>>28212137
At what point does being wise mean you have to start being serious and stop having fun?
>>
>>28211847
What has happened that has made you think that you are wise, OP?

You just sound pretentious.
>>
How do I find a cute boyfriend?
hard mode: in Sydney, Australia
>>
File: 1461800346161.jpg (627 KB, 700x904) Image search: [Google]
1461800346161.jpg
627 KB, 700x904
>>28211847
Still waiting for you to deliver.
>>
>>28212210
why do adult millenials find children's cartoons "fun"?
>>
25 is the new 15

you're in a generation of delayed development.

people are living at home until their mid-late 20s.

people aren't getting married until they're in the 30s

and aren't having kids till they're in their late 30s.

you're basically a man child, your use is limited.
>>
Oh look, another normie here to play God's gift to /r9k/.

These threads aren't allowed here and belong on /adv/.

>advice threads and camwhoring/hookup/"rate me" threads should go on /adv/ - Advice and /soc/ - Cams & Meetups respectively.
>>
>>28211847

I feel lost in life. I got my college degree but I still don't have a job. I can't see the point in it. Most of the adults I see are miserable and in dead-end marriages. I don't want to be like that. I want a wife who loves me and kids who love me. I want friends who understand me and work together with me to achieve common goals.

I request your input on how to stop hating myself. I constantly look back on all my mistakes and feel like shit. I know that I have achievements in life but I fear that thinking about them too much will make me lose my sense of modesty. I want to be able to have faith that the future will be better.
>>
>>28212345
>asking this shit on a weeabo image posting board

you'd have better luck consulting a magic 8 ball
>>
I have an exam tommorow. My life and career depends on it. I don't know anything about the subject but I am a quick learner. I do have a faint idea about the topics(its all theory, database systems and stuff) but I'll need to study about 5 hours. It's 11:09 PM where I live. What do ? I need to be up by 6 in the morning.
>>
>>28211847
What mobile phase should I use to separate THCA-A(D9) from a crude plant tincture of cannabis if I'm running a flash chromatography column?
>>
>>28212284

I disagree. I'm 25 and yes I am a manchild that still lives at home, but I have some co workers that are 19-25 and they're not delayed at all. They all have adult lives like living on their own, gfs, cars etc. Some people are just losers.
>>
>>28212278
Children's cartoons are a lot better today. I almost wish I could have a do over in life and come back as a kid born in 2005. Then I'd be able to watch teen titans go and steven universe without being seen as a creep
>>
>>28211847
Can you post a picture of ya butthole with a spoon shoved in it, and does it make me gay if I eat my cum
>>
>>28212446
INB4 normie, I have kids and a old fag I watch the hell out of cartoons life is good
>>
>>28212284
PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON YOUR POSTS!
>>
>>28212251
>What has happened that has made you think that you are wise, OP?
I read a lot of non-fiction and I've run into a lot of incredible information

>>28212278
You know where the cartoon is from which is ironic. I had no idea myself, I just think it's a pretty funny captioned picture.

>>28212284
What's your point? You don't need to get married or have kids to be wise.

>>28212345
You've made a good start observation-wise to realise that most people with jobs and marriages are in fact miserable.

What you didn't notice is that you're setting yourself up to fall into the same trap as these people you see around you are in. Understand that looking back at your mistakes and feeling shit is human. I do it too sometimes, nobody's perfect. But don't do it so much that you let it affect your life. Live in the moment more. Start appreciating small things in your life. This is much easier done in this technological society by organising and minimalising everything. Get rid of loads of stuff you own that doesn't help you function. Set standards: don't open up 50 tabs at once at let it overbear you. The brain works similarly to a computer - having an unorganised lifestyle is like running high on main-memory and it has a big effect on you.

Once you're organised, you'll start to notice and get opportunities to appreciate the smaller things more. This will help you find peace and might direct your attention to yourself, where you can address yourself internally and start to love yourself more. Meditating will help with this.

Once you love yourself and feel comfortable in yourself, things will fall into place much easier. And when you're doing the thing that drives you in your career and hobbies, the right kinds of friends will start to appear effortlessly.
>>
>>28212417
Wise doesn't mean I know everything. I can tell you about plants though, in that they're entirely conscious entities and the vibrations produced by their colours have a positive mental effect on humans.

I'd recommend a walk through nature at least once a week.
>>
>>28212417
Alternating. Hell, even my grandma knows this.
I sure do hope you aren't using your flash chromatography column at maximum output. That might overload the cores and the plasma reactor. Too risky for indoor use. Just use a ionised rod to demagnetise the buffer.
>>
File: 1443745904284.jpg (912 KB, 1920x1400) Image search: [Google]
1443745904284.jpg
912 KB, 1920x1400
>>28212485
>Once you love yourself and feel comfortable in yourself

I've made so many mistakes in my life. Countless times I've broken promises, said cringeworthy things and even recently I let down a whole group of people for a school project.

I want to believe that redemption exists but I've grown up with so many lies that I don't know what's true anymore. They lied to me about college leading to a better life. They lied about how easy it is to make friends in college. They lied about me being able to get a girlfriend if I try hard enough been rejected 12 times now.

I try to be a good person but I feel it's out of nothing more than habit these days. I feel like nobody else is trying to do the right thing anymore because we feel like everyone else gave up on life too. Maybe I'll give up soon too.

I'm tired of being lonely and even more tired of telling people on this board day after day that I'm lonely. Nothing ever changes. I've made at least hundred efforts to organize a new routine to revitalize my life. Nothing ever changes. I try my best and each time I get knocked down and wonder whether there's anything worth getting up for anymore.
>>
File: IMG_8310.jpg (1 MB, 2160x3500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8310.jpg
1 MB, 2160x3500
Oh wise 25yo how do I improve my physical attractiveness?
>>
>>28212765
suicide until you are born with good genes
>>
>>28212765
Seriously, you look like eggman but waaaay more attractive

>style your hair
>shave
>>
>>28212666
>I want to believe that redemption exists but I've grown up with so many lies that I don't know what's true anymore
As clique as it sounds, truth can be found in your heart. It's very true. Anything that feels like its coming from your heart is true and the right thing. Forgiveness also comes from your heart. So you need to get out your head and into your heart more often. That's the only way you can forgive yourself. You will realise that you're more than your mistakes and you can follow a righteous path.

>They lied to me about college leading to a better life. They lied about how easy it is to make friends in college. They lied about me being able to get a girlfriend if I try hard enough
There's more lies out there we've been taught to believe than you could possibly imagine, friendo.

>I try to be a good person but I feel it's out of nothing more than habit these days
Again, stop living in your head with this stuff, live in your heart. If you regret or "fake" doing good, you're living in your head (ego), which is the wrong way to go about things.

>I feel like nobody else is trying to do the right thing anymore because we feel like everyone else gave up on life too. Maybe I'll give up soon too.
This shouldn't matter. You need to understand that the way the world works is that every human is an entirely equal participant. All you need to do is do your part. As Ghandi said, be the change you want to see. If you give in because everyone else did, you're just as bad as they are. If you don't, you set an example and inspire similar behaviour. It's the only way.

I'll get to your last point in my next post.
>>
>>28212765
Buy a trenchcoat and fedora
>>
File: IMG_8193.jpg (939 KB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8193.jpg
939 KB, 2160x3840
>>28212807
I appreciate your input and value your opinion.
>>28212869
I can't grow good facial hair. But I look worse without it IMO.
>>28212929
I don't think that will improve matters.
>>
>>28212765
You're in the wrong thread if you're looking for an answer to that. If you want the truth, you were meant to be in your body. Beauty can be both objective and subjective. See my answer above about loving yourself more. When you do that, you'll automatically become more attractive to yourself, and incidentally, also others.

>>28212666
>I'm tired of being lonely
I'm not going to lie and tell you to find inner peace and not bother with the rest of the world. That's not how it works. Humans are indeed social creatures who are supposed to interact with each other by divine order. BUT, what you need to understand is that when you follow the advice I've given you, your mind and your spirit will transform and you'll find more solace in being alone. Then, as you start to get your shit together so-to-speak, the path will be laid out before you on how to start to connect with humans again. Never try to fight it; instead, do the internal work and then it will come naturally.

>Nothing ever changes. I've made at least hundred efforts to organize a new routine to revitalize my life.
Like I said. Do what I told you and your reality will change. You can't imagine it very well now because you're experiencing a limited vibrational frequency of consciousness. When either start to experience it in effect, or you look back at how things started out and became better, only then can you see how it was possible. What you call reality is nothing but a mirror of your thoughts and emotions.

>I try my best and each time I get knocked down and wonder whether there's anything worth getting up for anymore.
It's always worth it. It doesn't always feel worth it, but it is. Thing is, the things you put off now you'll have to deal with either later in your life, or later in another life.
>>
File: 1444459865222.jpg (198 KB, 750x630) Image search: [Google]
1444459865222.jpg
198 KB, 750x630
>>28212891
>you will realise that you're more than your mistakes
>>28213032
>It's always worth it. It doesn't always feel worth it, but it is.

I needed to hear this.

I appreciate the effort you put into your responses. It wasn't "b urself" level shit advice, it actually made me feel better. Truth be told, the only reason I keep coming back here and sifting through the shitposts is to have a genuine interaction like this once every few weeks. I do worry though because this place hinders my self improvement.
>>
How many Lamborghinis do you have in your Lamborghini bank, OP?
>>
>>28213440
You're very welcome, friendo. Just make sure you do some of things I said. Never stop reflecting either. But don't get into a cycle where you keep thinking the same thing over and over and it leading you nowhere. Be a bit tactical about it.

>Truth be told, the only reason I keep coming back here and sifting through the shitposts is to have a genuine interaction like this once every few weeks. I do worry though because this place hinders my self improvement.

We come here to fill a void. My void is that I don't have local friends anymore so this is the best replacement I have at the moment. Trying to simply remove 4chan from your life is futile as I've discovered. It needs to be replaced with something better on a similar level, i.e. a frequent timely social activity.
>>
>>28213440
One more thing. To explain how to "get into your heart" more, it's simple. When you think, say or do something, most the time you'll literally feel it either around your head, or your heart. The former is the distraction, the latter is the pathway.
>>
Hey OP, friendly advice: robots are some of the most cynical and derisive people on the internet. Their misanthropy is both an externalization of and a treatment for their self-hatred, an as such it's extremely difficult to convince them that you can benefit them.

I think you need to focus on your rhetoric. You come across as pretentious, which is close enough to insecurity that robots will pounce on you. If a robot can see any of their own failures in you, that's enough reason to mock you and ignore you.
>>
>>28214064
I understand, friendo. I wasn't worried about the pretentious appearance though, having in mind all the outrageous shit that gets posted here
>>
>>28211847
Tell me something insightful please.
>>
OP
How do I break free of this dimension?
And how do I ensure that the next dimension is somewhere I actually want to be?
>>
>>28212891
>There's more lies out there we've been taught to believe than you could possibly imagine, friendo.
Tell us some of them
I've been keeping my truth-seeking behavior so repressed I need a refresher, man
>>
What is the criterion I must achieve to consider myself a wise person, wise 25-year-old?
>>
>>28215316
first, learn what the word 'dimension' means
then realize why what you just said was retarded
>>
>>28215295
People don't care about who you are as a person, they only care about what you can do for them.
>>
File: doggy.png (785 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
doggy.png
785 KB, 900x720
>>28211847
I was born with a shitty medical condition that causes me to be in horrible pain every waking moment of my life. The pain will only get worse until it kills me about 10 years from now.

Please, I'd love to hear what a 'wise 25-year-old' thinks is my 'right path'.
>>
>>28215387
reality shill pls go
all realities are different dimensions of the same thing, pleb
>>
>>28213681
>When you think, say or do something, most the time you'll literally feel it either around your head, or your heart.
how many drugs are you on, exactly
>>
>25
>wise
>lawl
>>
>>28215434
>different dimensions of the same thing
this sentence is completely meaningless
>>
>>28212554
Plants are conscious? Please explain.
>>
File: 1440375662311.png (167 KB, 350x407) Image search: [Google]
1440375662311.png
167 KB, 350x407
>>28215454
I'm sure what Anon is trying to communicate is that we exist within the cartesian product (x,y,z, w), where x,y, and z consist of the whole real number line but w is a small interval, and that other "realities" (super cool half life aliums) live in the same set of x,y, and z but in a different small interval of w.

Happy now you pendantic fuck? Want me to write it up all pretty in LaTeX for you?
>>
>>28212554
>the vibrations produced by their colors
nigga you just went full retard
>>
>>28215454
No it really isn't.
The "thing" I'm referring to is experience.
Every possible reality is a dimension of experience.

You can accuse people of whatever you want all willy-nilly like but it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>28212284

shit, that sure hit close.

I'm 21 but I doubt I'll be any different once I'm 25.

been pretty much the same since 13 anyways.
>>
>>28212134
You just need to create a new thread. Everything else will happen naturally.
>>
>>28215531
Or this. Crazy to think about all of the stuff that could be happening in the space we currently occupy but can't sense

>tfw will never know
>>
>>28215531
that would be a fair interpretation, but what's stopping the fundamental forces from propagating through the (w) axis

>>28215534
this is complete word salad
if you're going to post new-age feel-good bullshit at least use the right terminology
it would make more sense to say that every possible experience is a point in the space of all possible realities, or something like that
>>
>>28215532
I think (hope) that by "vibrations" he means the different wavelengths of light.
>>
>>28215653
considering the sentences before and after that part, i doubt it
>>
>>28215610
the (w) axis is special somehow, or it's empty enough that the effect is negligible.
>>
>>28215610
Oh come on, it's implicit that experiencing a reality would involve being in a specific place in that reality

You're splitting hairs and basically elaborating on what I was saying.
>>
>>28212284
That's true. The longer humanity exists, the longer it requires to raise a functional member of society because of accumulated knowledge. The problem is, organism does not evolve that fast. It requires a several thousands of years for a species with such low fertility to adapt to drastically different conditions.
>>
>>28215454
>dimension
>noun
>an aspect or feature of a situation, problem, or thing.

Every reality is an aspect or feature of the total sum of all realities
>>
>>28212485

>I read a lot of non-fiction and I've run into a lot of incredible information

That's really not a qualification OP, come on.
>>
>>28215745
why should it be special
thanks to einstein we know that even time and space are equivalent, and physics works symmetrically in time
no dimension is special, and no direction through any particular dimension is special either, except insofar as entropy defines how we experience the passage of time

>>28215775
you completely misinterpreted what i said
>>
>>28212485
> I read a lot of non-fiction and I've run into a lot of incredible information
Is it Ayn Rand or Richard Dawkins?
>>
>>28211847
I still love a girl who was my best friend in college. She married her boyfriend last year and I haven't gotten over her. What should I do bro bot
>>
File: 1458884134343.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
1458884134343.png
191 KB, 419x398
>>28215964
>physics works symmetrically

Whoops:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=symmetry+breaking&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C23&as_sdtp=
>>
>>28216031
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry_breaking
>>
File: 1449944584872.gif (1000 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1449944584872.gif
1000 KB, 500x250
>>28215964
Sorry you deserve a real reply. There is no reason that it should be special, and I'm not saying that it is. I am saying that given Anon's assertion, it would need to be special (or sparse). I don't agree with Anon's assertion, and to support his assertion was never my point. My point was that you were being pedantic about something that Anon communicated rather clearly, and that you're a fucking faggot for doing so :^)
>>
Im 26 and my advice is no matter what be a creator. All culture, all good things that we enjoy come from someone checking out and creating from inspiration. Not all of it becomes popular, but the sooner you become and artist, or fix peoples cars or do whatever you are both good at and what has plenty of opportunities for you to show off your skills, the sooner you will gain a reputation amongst your peers. Remember though, it counts for nothing if your not able to engage people and influence them. Im sorry but I have found that skill to be a make it or break it. Even if your attractive you have to be able to cause people to be interested in being with you.
>>
File: 1429574568437.jpg (53 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
1429574568437.jpg
53 KB, 300x201
>>28216172
wow m8 thx im gonna turn my life around now
>>
>>28215610
>it would make more sense to say that every possible experience is a point in the space of all possible realities, or something like that
It'd probably be more accurate to say that every experience is a description of the relationship between one point or set of points and another point or set of points, and that every possible experience is every point in the space of all possible realities "referencing" every other point in the space of all possible realities.
>>
>>28216234
The question is, are you?
>>
>>28216172
>be a creator
>what you create might be awful
>what you create might be detrimental to something or other

Too scary
>>
>>28216251
i had to read that twice to parse it but yes, that sounds reasonable, for some definition of 'experience'

>>28216143
fair enough
>>
>>28216251
You remind me of me, valuing accuracy in philosophy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (105 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
105 KB, 506x900
>>28216291
I'm 24 pic related :^)
>>
File: 1458575915601.png (352 KB, 686x576) Image search: [Google]
1458575915601.png
352 KB, 686x576
>>28216251
What purpose are definitions if you do not make any conclusions or theorems from them?
>>
>>28216383
That 401k amount doesn't add up. You can contribute up to 18k a year. No way you landed a high enough paying job at 18 to max out your 401k every year like that for 6 years. Unless you live with your parents.
>>
>>28211847

What anime should I watch next?
>>
>>28216642
Ergo proxy m8
Despite the convolution (especially towards the end... it just seems to decompose at a certain point) and the edginess it's one of my favorite annie-mays
>>
>>28216569
Yes, it's a hand-me-down 401k.
>>
>>28216433
I'd say that the definition itself is a conclusion. I mean in this case the definition isn't completely arbitrary, it's relating one common understanding of a word with an alternate understanding.
>>
>>28216697
There is no such thing as hand me down 401k. You can roll over a 401k account to a new account if you switched jobs but it has to be your own money. Stop lying.
>>
>>28211847
What are your thoughts on the Shin Megami Tensei series of video games?
>>
How do I fix my life? No normie-tier advice please.
>>
File: 1437988864058.jpg (349 KB, 1612x1057) Image search: [Google]
1437988864058.jpg
349 KB, 1612x1057
>>28217060
You find the secret door and you choose to go through it, if you can figure out how to
Everything else is meaningless
>>
>>28216789
You obviously know nothing about finance
>>
>>28216670

Thx, it was a while since I saw it.
>>
>>28211847
We need more helpful and kind people on /r9k/.

Keep it up you stout hearted madman.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.