[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be a disgusting fat blob of a robot >Have autistic fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: george-r-r-martin.jpg (134 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
george-r-r-martin.jpg
134 KB, 1200x900
>Be a disgusting fat blob of a robot
>Have autistic fantasy stories playing out in your head all the time
>decide to put them on paper and become a writer
>Put your autistic mind to work by creating a huge, complex universe with an incredibly deep lore and many different characters all with unique, interesting personalities
>Robots all over the world become just as autistically immersed in this fantasy world as you became when creating it
>Books become hugely successful
>Then one day, you hear a knock on the door
>You open it
>You see a greasy jew standing in front of you with a big smile on his face
>"Oy vei! Your story books are selling like fresh latkes! What do you say you let me turn it into a television show for a whole 35 shekels?"
>You nod your gigantic, gelatinous jowls up and down, utterly betraying robots everywhere
>Production on the shallow, lackluster TV show begins immediately
>Jews change the story at every turn
>Every episode looks like a shitty, forgettable Hollywood movie
>Normies gobble it up
>Yfw
>>
>has a wife
>is a robot

Martin is a normie, he's just fat.
>>
>>28206812
That fucking hat of his triggers my autism. He looks like a fat fuck roleplaying as a cop.
>>
>>28206838
>Normie
>Writes fantasy books involving incest and child rape
No way, man
>>
>>28206812
>complex universe with an incredibly deep lore

yeah its based on the war of roses, even the world is roughly that of britian spain and france... the narrow sea being the english channel. spain is on the wrong side to change it up a bit. the north is scottland etc.

>tfw when writers repackage the real world or existing stories and people fawn over how deep and creative it is
>>
>>28206873
>incest and child rape

Go back to read something safe like Harry Potter then.
>>
>>28206906
>writers repackage the real world or existing stories...

This is what triggers me about star wars, as much as I love it, it's just flash gordon meets dune as told by Akira Kurosawa.

Also, every single fantasy video game is just a d&d clone, but none ever get called out. ever.
>>
>>28206938
>Also, every single fantasy video game is just a d&d clone, but none ever get called out. ever.

Absoloutly spot on
>>
I dunno it's OK I guess but the fallen god series is better. By Erickson.
Game of thrones got boring after the first season DESU
>>
>>28206938
>>28206969
these robots get it

to be fair though, realtime hack and slash is a bit different to D&D in not being turn based. I'm thinking primarily of diablo 1 & 2. cooldowns in hack and slash games are arguably still reverting to turn based though.
>>
>>28207027
o roastieo

when I see your tripcode I need a trip

to the toilet

to throw up just a little bit
>>
File: tolkien.jpg (220 KB, 1351x1521) Image search: [Google]
tolkien.jpg
220 KB, 1351x1521
GRRM will never be the true autistic fantasy master.
>>
GRRM was a legit robot back in the day. "Meathouse Man", for instance, is essentially a recounting of his own experiences in getting rejected and cucked(once even by his best friend).
>>
File: 1376579290876.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1376579290876.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>28206812
>huge, complex universe with an incredibly deep lore
>>
>>28206812
>all with unique, interesting personalities

Nigger please. Outside of one or two characters their motivations are straight out of the fantasy trope handbook and they're as one dimensional as a whore shopping for handbags.
>>
>>28207214
>motivations are straight out of the fantasy trope handbook
>as one dimensional as a whore shopping for handbags

holy fuck I love it
>tfw trying to explain to normies how characters are one dimensional and plots threadbare ruin the story
>tfw no one knows what the fuck you're on about
>tfw mass fiction is nothing but one dimensional characters and threadbare plots

virtually every movie thesedays, even fucking deadpool:
>hurr durr girl falls in love with some guy
>hurr durr they cant see each other anymore
>hurr durr action sequences!!!!!!!!!!1
>hurr durr reunited at last
>hurr durr dur dur dur dur
>>
I really love this show but the first episode of the new season was kind of shit.

Especially that scene with Kaleesi where shes about to get raped then she talks about her history and all of a sudden they have profound respect for her. So fucking corny. I wanted to see her get pounded by a barbarian again.
>>
>>28206873
>2016
>thinking daenerys got raped
lmao
>>
>>28206812
>Put your autistic mind to work by creating a huge, complex universe with an incredibly deep lore and many different characters all with unique, interesting personalities

>people think this adequately describes ASOIAF
I've seen anime with better world building and characterisation than ASOIAF. Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for instance. To think ASOIAF even qualifies as "good" when there's shit like War and Peace out there is laughable.
>>
>>28207298

The only reason they gave a shit was because she was Drogo's wife. Up until then they were just laughing at all her other titles
>>
>>28206906
he mentions on his blog that it's ok to steal and pull from all things that have already been done and nothing is actually original
>>
>>28206906
What are you talking about?

This is how stories are written. Culture doesn't exist in a vacuum, moron.
>>
File: tear.jpg (24 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
24 KB, 400x386
>>28208064
>plagiarism and historical adaptations
>thinking this is how [good] stories are written
>mfw

Take Dune for example. Now that actually is a universe of deep lore. Sure it's based loosely on Lawrence of Arabia but its head and shoulders above simply renaming some places and people and adding a bit of cookie magic to an otherwise historical recount.
>>
>>28206873
>Implying that being weird/writing weird shit automatically makes you a "robot"

This shallow argument needs to end.

There are plenty of normies who are weird, freakish, mentally damaged, even psychotic. George R R Martin is one of them. Being slightly off kilter does not make them robots and does not prevent them from being normies.
>>
GRRM has been married 3 times and had relationships with women throughout his life, he has also always been a successful writer (but Game of Thrones made him famous)

he really has little in common with us other than being fat and ugly
>>
>>28206812
>68 years old
>still can't grow a decent beard
how embarrassing, he is like a permanent neckbeard
>>
File: 1444967760997.gif (509 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
1444967760997.gif
509 KB, 500x246
>>28206873

He has a wife and is successful. That makes him a fucking normie, normie!
>>
File: 1431026261270.jpg (22 KB, 340x800) Image search: [Google]
1431026261270.jpg
22 KB, 340x800
>>28208330
age really doesnt play much of a role in this. if you cant grow a decent beard by your mid 20s (even earlier actually), then youre not gonna be able to even if you live to a 100
>>
Speaking of autistic fantasy stories, is whos anon around? I ended up reading a bunch of your stuff.
>>
I dunno why this show is so popular with normies though. If you watch reaction videos they just stare, having no idea whats going on, not remembering anything that happened episodes before. If you read reviews they say its slow, they can't remember anyones name except Tyrion, Arya and Jon. They think Daenerys' name is actually Khaleesi.

Why are they so attracted to it?
>>
File: aidengillan.jpg (55 KB, 498x793) Image search: [Google]
aidengillan.jpg
55 KB, 498x793
>brienne of tarth
>catelyn stark
>arya stark
>daenerys targaryan
>we need more strong womyn with bad pussy and power rangers tier fight choreography
Why.
>>
>>28208443
not true
>28 and mines finally starting to come in
>>
>OH BOY THE LAST EPISODE OF THE SEASON
>I BETTER RECORD MYSELF MAKING OVER EXAGGERATED FACES AND UPLOAD IT TO YOUTUBE
>I BETTER SAY YAAAS QUEEN TO KHALEESI TARGERIN
>OH MY GOD, THEY KILLED JON SNOW?
>Flails around
>I CANT BELIEVE THEY DID IT
>WHAT A SHOW GUYS, WHAT A SHOW
>THEY'RE SUCH MONSTERS, AMIRITE? GEORGE R R MARTIN IS EVIL
>Reads Youtube comments
>JON SNOW MIGHT NOT BE DEAD? OH SHIT
>I'M DEEP IN THESE THEORIES GUYS, THANKS FOR KEEPING ME IN THE KNOW
>I BETTER MAKE A VIDEO ON THIS. IS HE ALIVE OR DEAD GUYS!?? COMMENT BELOW.
>>
Is anyone else scared that that the books will be different due to the tv-show?
>>
>""""""""""deep"""""""""" lore

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28208580
Yes, that he'll skip everything he's built up on just so that the books arent predictable.
>>
File: 1443328092082.jpg (420 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1443328092082.jpg
420 KB, 960x1280
>>28208554
really? maybe its just me then but ive been able to grow a full beard since hitting 20
>>
>>28208530

This holy fuck man that Brienne fight was absolute cringe
>>
>>28208580

If doesn't pursue the Aegon plot line he should be murdered
>>
File: 1461694401949.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1461694401949.png
17 KB, 882x758
>tfw up to season 4 it was pretty spot on now its gone down the shitter and season 6 is going to be one of the worst pieces of television in recent history
>>
>>28207050
Literally one of Martins books is as long as the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, he vastly out-autists Tolkien
>>
>>28207271
>actually using a retard capeshit movie like deadpool as an example to say that all movies lack depth
>>
>>28208225
it's heavily based on myhtology and also on previous works of fantasy and sci-fi.

that being said, dune is much better and innovative imo as well.
top notch book, didn't like the books that came after as much, though.
>>
>>28208443
Definitely false, plenty of people don't get proper god-tier beards till middle age
>>
>>28206812
You forgot the "have enough social capital to form connections that allow you to do any of this shit", since for every Martin there's thousands upon thousands of losers who can't get anywhere with their writing.
>>
Also his characters are reused from his old sci-fi shorts. He seems more interested in sci-fi than fantasy.
>>
>>28208710
The Red Wedding killed the show. That's when I noticed it catapulted from popularity into the mainstream, as in the normiest of normies watching it.

Then all the reaction videos went up, then they went up for The Mountain and The Viper. They saw the dollar signs. Now it's all about getting reactions. It's purely shock value, even if it means diverting from the books. Every episode has to have some big, gory death. It's now a typical shock value show.

Gotta get those reaction videos made
>>
>>28208729
come on dead pool could have been funny and innovative but instead it was just same old same old

its not very common to have a movie based around breaking the fourth wall
>>
File: 1432426135530.jpg (141 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
1432426135530.jpg
141 KB, 762x1049
>>28206873
His shit is softcore. Read Hellsing or Berserk.
>>
File: 1461756937682.jpg (205 KB, 1200x1130) Image search: [Google]
1461756937682.jpg
205 KB, 1200x1130
>>28208944
Yep. I think S4 it was still salvageable, there were a lot of good scenes and even though it went down in quality I was still hopeful. Half way through S5 I just realised what was going on. The story doesn't matter anymore, it doesn't matter if it actually makes any logical sense as long as we can get le unexpected deaths in there somehow. The writers have got to be some of the most autistic I've seen.

>specifically create a scene between stannis and his daughter showing the bond they have, "maybe this guy isn't so cold after all"
>literally the next episode he's burning her alive for shock value

If it was believable fair enough I suppose but you've got to have absolutely no critical thinking skills to not question their writing/story decisions. It's pathetic. After that I just can't take the show seriously anymore, I just watch it to see how much further it can fall and laugh at how fucking stupid its become.
>>
>>28206873
Those things are part of life, many normies are aware of that. What are you 12?
>>
>>28208572
>OMG GUYS NEW PICS OF NEXT SEASON SHOOTING LEAKED.
>GUYS OUR LIFES WOULD BE MEANINGLESS AFTER GOT IS OVER I WILL CRY.
>NEW ACTOR HAS BEEN SPOTTED SO CHARACTER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
>TFW PATIENTLY WAITING FOR 11,10,9.....2,1 MONTHS FOR NEW SEASON.
>LOOK NEW TEASER FAP FAP FAP...
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.