[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate on normies being depressed? If a normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: fqGyZ9A.jpg (123 KB, 700x413) Image search: [Google]
fqGyZ9A.jpg
123 KB, 700x413
Why do you guys hate on normies being depressed?

If a normie is depressed they will have the same feelings/symptoms as you do, but they may have a better life quality than you do,nevertheless they still feel the same way you depressed faggots feel.

let me put it in terms of this way. A NEET has seasonal allergies, a normie has seasonal allergies. You guys both have the same symptoms and feel the same way, except you faggots believe that your allergies are worse than theirs, DESPITE having the same symptoms.

Is your brain more chemically imbalanced than theirs?

>inb4 tumblr pic
>>
File: tumblr_maec1b474G1rcn12fo1_1280.png (165 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maec1b474G1rcn12fo1_1280.png
165 KB, 640x400
>>28202632
this is the pic i meant to put up
>>
>>28202632
Fucking wow dude do you have a folder of depressing shit
>>
>>28203471
no its google images
>>
>>28202632
Jealousy perhaps? A normie will have a social circle which can be used as emotional support during their recovery/treatment, whereas a robot will not have such a thing, further spiraling down towards being a useless/depressed/etc. member of society.
>>
>>28202632
The phrase "chemical imbalance" is a fucking load. Everybody's "brain chemistry" is different, and you can't know someone's mental health by examining it (and 99% of depressed people never have their chemicals tested). When you give someone drugs, any drugs, their chemistry changes and if they feel better afterwards then it is considered "balanced", even though that was never a conscious diagnosis. Hell, the vast majority of antidepressants are just placebos anyway.
>>
File: 010203.jpg (5 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
010203.jpg
5 KB, 345x146
Because my pain is a 1000% times worse.
>>
File: GTFO Normie.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
GTFO Normie.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
>>28202632
>normalfags say they have allergies are they sneeze a couple times a day
>robots saying they have allergies allergies is the result of sneezing all day, constant runny nose, rashes, and swelling around every orifice
>>
>>28202632
>boo hoo you don't know my pain I'm from a wealthy well-off family, have shitloads of friends and a qt3.14 gf, i'm so depressed

fuck off
>>
>>28204684
Although this is true, and the science behind depression and other mental disease is more of a craft than an exact science, you can at least verify the phenomenon between two individuals and infer that something helps, regardless of the reason why, it at the very least starts paving a road to understanding.
>>
>>28202632
DeviantArt pic faggot
>>
>>28204834
If by "paving a road to understanding" you mean "lining the pockets of members of the medical community" then you're right. Depression isn't an illness, its a mood, no matter how long it lasts or how severe it is.
>>
>>28204872
Both could be true. Either way, I am sure people who are in a perpetual depressed mood, if it is a mood, wouldn't mind a magic pill that gets rid of that mood, no?
>>
>>28202632
You're not depressed if you have the motivation to bitch on facebook, you're just a lazy child who finds growing up too hard.
>>
>>28205372
For that pill to work, they need to be convinced the pill works. To be convinced the pill works, they have to be convinced that they have an actual illness which can be cured. They will never find the tools to deal with shit themselves because they endlessly relapse into periods of depression every time something doesn't go their way, and then they feel powerless to do anything about it because they've been taught that drugs or "drugs" are the only way to cure themselves.
>>
Most robot arent depressed they are worthless.
They feel bad because they have no value in society.
Normie are high value but feel worthless. They should feel valuable, but they dont because of an illness.
>>
>>28205434
You're not depressed if you have the motivation to bitch on 4chan, you're just a lazy child who finds growing up too hard.
>>
>>28202632
I won't deny them the misery of their lives if they so badly want it. I understand that it's hip and trendy. I also understand that some of them are legitimately suffering.

Here's the end of it though: they do have it better off, owing simply to the nature of being a normie.

No matter what they suffer, there is not so pervasive and all-encompassing an air of solitude to it.

No matter what they suffer, they will find sympathy in friends and society.

No matter what they suffer, there is a tenable way out. There is something to fall back on. There is something to lift their spirits. People respect their courage in the face of adversity. People admire their resilience.

Nobody wants anything to do with a loser. And that includes himself.
>>
File: 4r9a54.gif~c200.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
4r9a54.gif~c200.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>28205641
depression = illness

How retarded can you fucking normies get jesus fuck. Depression is just a buzzword psychologist use to describe a behavior, just like all other "mental illnesses" which is a retarded concept because a lot of people don't fit the pie so they keep adding more and more labels onto individuals.

Mental illnesses aren't actual illnesses they're behaviors. Kill yourself you cunt.
>>
>>28205725
Struck a nerve?
Chemical imbalance can be mesured and seen trough a fMRI.
Loser arent depressed, they just have no value. A doctor that feel he has no value is likely depressed.
>>
>>28205466
I agree with you a psychological approach (despite the hate it gets) should be the first treatment approach. The pill should only be a last resort, after other life issues have been resolved.

Although hypothetically, say you're a wageslave living in mediocrity and permanently miserable. Would it be wrong to prescribe people happy pills? Isn't there a novel by Huxley on that topic? Brave New World I think. I've never read it.

On one side of things, people would have no drive to get out of mediocrity, and on another, people would be happy. What's your opinion on the matter?
>>
>>28205776
Is the doctor, by merit of being a doctor, not a loser? What of engineers? They're all awkward losers, and yet they're also very valuable to society. Does that mean they can or can't be depressed?
>>
>>28205852
They are of high value. If they feel worthless, they probably are depressed.
High status people have self esteem because they are valuable.
Unemployed, junkie, single mother of an unplanned child arent depressed, they have 0/low value.
>>
>>28205778
Socrates believed that it was better to be a sad philosopher than a happy pig. I believe the truth is always more valuable than any alternatives, and people shouldn't be duped into believing they are being helped even if, for all intents and purposes, they are made more happy by the lie than the truth. Drugging our society in lieu of facing our problems is only passing the same or greater problems onto our successors.
>>
>>28205852
>>28205894
I personally agree with the notion that depression should be classified as feelings of sadness or apathy despite adequate/positive living conditions.

However, the "clinical" definition is basically just feeling sad, regardless of reason.

http://www.psnpaloalto.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Depression-Diagnostic-Criteria-and-Severity-Rating.pdf

Make from it what you will, I don't particularly agree with the notion that being sad because you have a reason to be sad to be a disease.
>>
>>28205894
And you can't be depressed that your circumstances have led to your lack of value?
>>
>>28205914
Yeah I think you make a good point. Overall it only masks the problem and does not fix it, leading to stagnation. I still believe however there should be some channels for some people in irremediable situations (medical?) to opt into those drugs, however, as long as they remain productive society members.
>>
File: wontbestumped.jpg (80 KB, 960x820) Image search: [Google]
wontbestumped.jpg
80 KB, 960x820
>>28205656
We're anonymous here, that's the difference. Normies braging on Facebook about "muh depression" do it for attention, ego, and receiving a pat on the back from the most people possible so they can see he's "sensitive" and to propel his social life. Here nobody knows who you are, and nobody cares. It's not about yourself, It's about your feelings. All that matters is the message, not the person, because you don't and can't know the person, and that's the main difference.

I won't deny, however, that you can be really sad and lonely being successfull, because that's simply stupid, but If you are really sad you just simply not brag about it in Facebook. If there's some real sadness in them, it's been prostituted into a spectacle.
>>
>>28205948
I wouldnt call it depressed. You feel bad because you have 0 value. Its the right feeling for your circumstances.
>>
>>28202632
Their standard of "lows" will always be in a higher state than us "robot"s for various reasons (People to confide with, material goods, etc). "Robot"s start at pretty much 0 and lows go to the negative while a normie may have a 7 and drop to a 3.
Most of the time, their reasons for "depression" are temporary and petty which is probably the reason why "robot"s are so angered by them randomly spouting depression like the common flu.
>>
>>28202632
I think it's narcissism, presenting itself as idealization. Rowbutts angry with chads won't accept themselves or their shortcomings, because they don't match their image of an "Ideal" person. This results in fantasizing, which when challenged by reality results in disappointment, hurt, and rejection. This traumatic rejection results in a fear of judgement, social anxiety, and resentment directed toward those who live without social anxiety. This social anxiety also makes it difficult for robots to discuss their problems sincerely with themselves or others without conflation with their fantasy or ideals, which results in feelings of being trapped and hopeless.

These issues result in alienation from their peers, who fail to relate to this problem. The robot, aware of this rejection, is likely to lash out at others they perceive as fitting their "ideal" or "most acceptable" person, or withhold empathy from them.

Does this sound right to the rowbutts out there?
>>
>>28202632
Because 90-100% of them don't have depression. Same reason why I hate trannies, 90-100% of them are autogynephiliacs, and women in education, 90-100% of them don't have brains.
>>
>>28206100
To quote someone I know when talking about alcoholism, "Life doesn't start at 0. It starts at the negatives and you have to drink your way back up".
>>
>>28204191
>Jealousy
It's fucking envy. Jealousy implies that we robots have have a social circle to begin with.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.